f
s

​Revelation Online's Basic Design Concept - Part I​I

• ​Revelation Online's Basic Design Concept - Part I​I

Learn more about the designer’s ideas in regards to your alter ego and its progression.

Welcome back to the second part of our Revelation Online Design Concept. In this edition we cover characters, their growth, and the battle system. If you missed part one check it out here.

ANOTHER SELF

In the real world, sometimes standing out makes one feel embarrassed; in the game world, every player wants to create a unique image for themselves. Therefore, Revelation Online offers a complete character creation system. Players can select their appearance, body type, costume, accessories, headgear, and voice based on their own personal tastes. You can also select the colour, material, and patterns of their clothes. In addition, there are different styles of wings and mounts to choose from.

This all allows you to be able to tell who that lady holding the umbrella on the Sulan Bridge is from over a hundred meters away and allows you to say to others: Look now, I shall defend that person with my life.

Of course it's not enough to be unique in appearance only. For this, Revelation Online offers deep gameplay modes so that every player can find their own suitable way to grow. Whether you’re a scenery junkie, a monster slayer, a PVE explorer, or a duelist, you can find your own special way to play the game.

In terms of battle, Revelation Online employs a basic new battle system. The objective is to allow every player have their own unique and irreplaceable role in the game. That way they will feel the accomplishment that is necessary for working in a team. Cooperation within a team is crucial during battle in Revelation Online; the game also incorporates action game elements to make every battle dependent on many variables; when this is combined with an equipment and skill system that features a high degree of freedom, every player can play to enhance their understanding of their chosen class.

GROWTH AND COMPANIONSHIP

Another special feature of MMOs is that they have an abundance of gameplay styles and point-earning systems. Revelation Online not only includes points from battles, but also provides a variety of other pursuits such as apparel, moves, ranks & titles, life skills and supplementary classes. Revelation Online also offers many styles of gameplay, which are designed to be exciting and challenging.

A character's growth in Revelation Online is expressed in an intuitive and systematic way. For example, when a character gets new equipment or levels up they will have new visible effects. Players can clearly see that they are growing and take pride in it. Also, if your Grace level is high enough, the maids at the inn might pay more attention to you. We provide fairness in the game and want all players to be able to grow happily and freely in Revelation Online.

The MMO world is a simulated world as well a realistic world. We make friends here, fall in love here and reach milestones that can inspire others. Tears don't come from frustration and failure, or injustice and suffering. They come from past experiences. They allow us to remember that it's not that hideous, realistic monster that does it, but the fact that we can laugh and take pictures even when our team is slain. Perhaps, growth in a game is fleeting, but it can move the player enough so that they remember it for years later. Growth and companionship is the most moving part of an MMO game.

This concludes our Revelation Online’s basic design concepts. If you would like to experience this world for yourself sign up for Closed Beta or gain guaranteed Closed Beta access with a Founder Pack!

For more information, ‘Like us’ on Facebook and follow the game’s development on Twitter @RevOnlineGame for all the latest developer updates and news.
    • Very nice article, but there's something that got me super curious.

Players can select their appearance, body type, costume, accessories, headgear, and voice based on their own personal tastes.
      Is that a thing... ? I don't remember being able to select a different voice. Unless you mean every body-type has a different voice.

<| Vᴏʟᴜɴᴛᴇᴇʀ Mᴏᴅᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ | Fʀᴇɴᴄʜ + Eɴɢʟɪsʜ | Dɪꜱᴄɪᴘʟᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ Gᴏʟᴅᴇɴ Eᴍᴘᴇʀᴏʀ |>
    • Kaeden wrote:

Players can select their appearance, body type, costume, accessories, headgear, and voice based
      If they are indeed implementing this as well, that would be a very nice addition to the experience!!

Kaeden wrote:

Also, if your Grace level is high enough, the maids at the inn might pay more attention to you.
      Can someone clarify what this means ? I haven't noticed this in CN, but that might just be me, although a beautiful girl paying attention, should not have gone by unnoticed :)
      Silent Eclipse

Silent Eclipse (106 Members)

Silent Eclipse is an English speaking social, semi-hardcore guild with casual mindset, each person is a name here and not a number. We encourage people to get to know each other and develop friendships in the guild.

With age comes wisdom... I am still waiting
    • I can already tell that man in that cloak is hella sexy.
      <3 <3 SMILE FOR ME AND I'LL GIVE YOU ALL OF MY LOVE. <3 <3
      ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Brycaen wrote:

Can someone clarify what this means ? I haven't noticed this in CN, but that might just be me, although a beautiful girl paying attention, should not have gone by unnoticed
      I wonder what this point in the article means as well but maybe they are talking about the "explore the story" part of the game.

You may have noticed those NPC's with a kind of... uhm blue thinking bubble (?! sorry, no idea how to describe it) above them and when you go to them you can press 'F' to interact with them but nothing happens as a low level player. But once you've reached Level 49 you are able to interact with them and they may talk to you and unlock little cinematics.
    • Special wrote:

The first and second pic genuinely make me happy af. :love:

Another good read :D
      2nd pic is from the central "throne room" of one of the three biggest castles in the game. Ive watched the entire castle, and its one of the most epics buildings ive seen in a game. Probable even better that Aden castle of l2.
      @Brycaen "maids in the inn" are prob the npc you can place on your house (like the furniture), they have multiple funcions that can be unlocked over time, same aply to the npc in the turtle inn (the racoons and maids) if I remember correctly.
      And if you head explodes, with dark forebodings too, i´ll see you on the dark side of the moon.
    • Kaeden wrote:

Players can select their appearance, body type, costume, accessories, headgear, and voice based on their own personal tastes.

Fantastic post Kaeden, but I do have a question about this. Voice can be changed? I was looking in the Chinese ver. but I couldn't find any information on voice changing. Would love to know more about it!
    • Kaeden wrote:

Learn more about the designer’s ideas in regards to your alter ego and its progression.

Welcome back to the second part of our Revelation Online Design Concept. In this edition we cover characters, their growth, and the battle system. If you missed part one check it out here.

ANOTHER SELF

In the real world, sometimes standing out makes one feel embarrassed; in the game world, every player wants to create a unique image for themselves. Therefore, Revelation Online offers a complete character creation system. Players can select their appearance, body type, costume, accessories, headgear, and voice based on their own personal tastes. You can also select the colour, material, and patterns of their clothes. In addition, there are different styles of wings and mounts to choose from.

This all allows you to be able to tell who that lady holding the umbrella on the Sulan Bridge is from over a hundred meters away and allows you to say to others: Look now, I shall defend that person with my life.

Of course it's not enough to be unique in appearance only. For this, Revelation Online offers deep gameplay modes so that every player can find their own suitable way to grow. Whether you’re a scenery junkie, a monster slayer, a PVE explorer, or a duelist, you can find your own special way to play the game.

In terms of battle, Revelation Online employs a basic new battle system. The objective is to allow every player have their own unique and irreplaceable role in the game. That way they will feel the accomplishment that is necessary for working in a team. Cooperation within a team is crucial during battle in Revelation Online; the game also incorporates action game elements to make every battle dependent on many variables; when this is combined with an equipment and skill system that features a high degree of freedom, every player can play to enhance their understanding of their chosen class.

GROWTH AND COMPANIONSHIP

Another special feature of MMOs is that they have an abundance of gameplay styles and point-earning systems. Revelation Online not only includes points from battles, but also provides a variety of other pursuits such as apparel, moves, ranks & titles, life skills and supplementary classes. Revelation Online also offers many styles of gameplay, which are designed to be exciting and challenging.

A character's growth in Revelation Online is expressed in an intuitive and systematic way. For example, when a character gets new equipment or levels up they will have new visible effects. Players can clearly see that they are growing and take pride in it. Also, if your Grace level is high enough, the maids at the inn might pay more attention to you. We provide fairness in the game and want all players to be able to grow happily and freely in Revelation Online.

The MMO world is a simulated world as well a realistic world. We make friends here, fall in love here and reach milestones that can inspire others. Tears don't come from frustration and failure, or injustice and suffering. They come from past experiences. They allow us to remember that it's not that hideous, realistic monster that does it, but the fact that we can laugh and take pictures even when our team is slain. Perhaps, growth in a game is fleeting, but it can move the player enough so that they remember it for years later. Growth and companionship is the most moving part of an MMO game.

o

This concludes our Revelation Online’s basic design concepts. If you would like to experience this world for yourself sign up for Closed Beta or gain guaranteed Closed Beta access with a Founder Pack!

For more information, ‘Like us’ on Facebook and follow the game’s development on Twitter @RevOnlineGame for all the latest developer updates and news.
      again some good world glimpse. and some good statements depends on how it will be done in the end and if you fare better then your competitors.