f
s

Occultist Class Overview FINALLY!! (┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻

• The DPS is high but i dont have the expierience yet to compare it with the endgame dps of same geared other classes.
      However occultist dps are always nice to have in evry party combination, the 12% passive crit dmg buff and all the buffs occultist gives the party work for both physical and magical dmg dealers. It might not reach the rank 1 dps meter spot but youre still very usefull and accel in emergency healing help for the party.
      dedicated occultist mushroom buffbot player on china/EU
    • Veno wrote:

@Cryy

i watched your video, and it has a lot of missinformation about the skills in it, i listed them on a googlespreadsheet because it triggered me a bit nothing personal i know you play this class for only a few days now.
      I just skimmed over the sheet so the english is whatever.

Should still help people that want to know the right information about some spells, I did severe testing about this class on china and play as lvl 69 occultist there for like a month now.

Im glad you did a Guide tho for the general public if you want you can edit it a bit after you tested the spells and class yourself more :thumbup:
      Thanks for correcting all of the incorrect information. That spreadsheet helped me.
    • Veno wrote:

@Cryy

i watched your video, and it has a lot of missinformation about the skills in it, i listed them on a googlespreadsheet because it triggered me a bit nothing personal i know you play this class for only a few days now.

Should still help people that want to know the right information about some spells, I did severe testing about this class on china and play as lvl 69 occultist there for like a month now.

Im glad you did a Guide tho for the general public if you want you can edit it a bit after you tested the spells and class yourself more :thumbup:
      Not gonna lie, when I saw you mentioned me I expected it to be a negative post just from how i've seen you talk on these forums.

Removed the rest of what I said because I dont wanna start drama. Thanks for the spreadsheet.

• Cryy wrote:

Veno wrote:

@Cryy

Not gonna lie, when I saw you mentioned me I expected it to be a negative post just from how i've seen you talk on these forums.
      Removed the rest of what I said because I dont wanna start drama. Thanks for the spreadsheet.
      his post is not even negative, u post wrong info playing ur friend's chara for class overview. all he did was correct some of the wrong information so that other people will know the right info.. he actually play to lvl 69 and twsted occult class so he knows.

he even said hes glad u made a guide

should be glad he took time to correct u
      in my opinion he is trying to help
    • Drax wrote:

Does Occultist have the ability to be one of the highest DPS's in raids for like 10 man raids, world bosses or in PvP? In your opinion...
      Sorry to butt in, but this topic have been moved in other threads. If comparing classes with same gear and equally skilled players playing them, then Occ will never achieve same DPS as SM or GS. Those two classes are considered 'pure dps' and don't really bring anything else to the party, except for minor buff here and there, so their DPS will always be a bit higher then 'hybrids' :P
      Just 'Kosi' if you can't pronounce my name <3

Facebook // Twitch
    • I'm very glad he took the time to make the corrections.

The point of these videos are to give the 'general public' as he said, an idea of the class.

Not a "how to play occultist 101"
      It was the, you can edit this a bit after you've tested the skills (cool face) that kinda came off rude to me.

Also a few other factors, but as I said I appreciate him going out of his way to make the spreadsheet. I've included it in the beginning of this thread and will add it to the annotations and description of my video. @Carol

• Cryy wrote:

I'm very glad he took the time to make the corrections.

The point of these videos are to give the 'general public' as he said, an idea of the class.

It was the, you can edit this a bit after you've tested the skills (cool face) that kinda came off rude to me.

Also a few other factors, but as I said I appreciate him going out of his way to make the spreadsheet. I've included it in the beginning of this thread and will add it to the annotations and description of my video. @Carol
      ok good
    • Cryy wrote:

Aws but we wuv youuuuu!

• Veno wrote:

@Cryy

I believe this is less of a guide and more of an over view for the class its self. The videos are uploaded to give new players an idea about the class its self not an in depth guide on how to play it. ^^
    • daaamn. I want to love this class, but it just seems to have too many shortcomings and not enough self preservation. The spiritshaper seems to have better self sustain and cc to keep people off them or get away, while sword mage has more to kite away.. and then occultist just seems like a burden that maybe gives some buffs but ultimately needs to be babied and can't take care of themselves if they get in trouble. almost feels weaker to pick the in between when you could instead go sword mage or spiritshaper.

Dunno..mmmaybe I'll still try one anyways. Thank you for the video!
    • LV. 79 Occultist Soloing a boss

To those people that think Occultist is kind of lackluster, maybe this video will change your mind.

It's soloing a boss that normally take a party to take down. and that boss is 23.5mil hp looks like.

i set video to high quality so i can see easier, looks like the occultist isn't bad at end game lol.
      70+ Vanguard Introyoutu.be/dEHsdDf3ijc
      Practice Yard(help you learn about all classes) youtu.be/PQLDkmuI0pY
      Everything you need to know about Revelation Guild youtu.be/slXJ4LP1_00
    • Hey everyone, I have a question about this class if anyone could possibly enlighten me. After watching the vid and seeing how alot of this classes abilities have a function for each the light and dark stances, with some having secondary triggers like an AoE heal/nuke if you hit the attack again I was wondering something. Can you switch stances between light and dark in the middle of these attacks to activate the secondary trigger for the stance you just switched to? An example of what I mean would be like this:

Use Soul Betrayal in dark mode on an enemy, then after they get hit switch to light mode and detonate the orb for an AoE heal instead of the dark mode AoE attack. Or does switching between light/dark modes cancel the effects of any attacks/heals/dots/hots currently active on the field?

I was thinking it could be an interesting twist if combinations like that were possible with some of the other abilities, and could be used as emergency heals mid attack, or make for fluid transitions from one mode to the other to kinda dps while healing at the same time.
    • Chaoticsaur wrote:

Veno wrote:

@Cryy

I believe this is less of a guide and more of an over view for the class its self. The videos are uploaded to give new players an idea about the class its self not an in depth guide on how to play it. ^^
      Overview of abilities that aren't actually occultist's abilities? Nice overview EleGiggle

All @Veno did is try to help everyone and post correct information so people aren't misinformed before they pick occultist. He is the most experienced Occultist out of all the Western playerbase. Veno is correct.
      Blademaster
      天工战士
      <锋刃>

• Cryy wrote:

@Cryy
      You dont wanna start drama and yet you start it by saying i am a "negative" person on the forum, considering my guides, active help, truthfull arguments about the game, and actual game expierience helped a lot of people. I may not have many posts but the likes should tell you im not a toxic person neither do i think i am anything better than others. I dislike missinformation most of all and try to correct it.
      Granted i dont sugarcoat my feedback and the bit with the editing the video wasnt meant to be rude just a suggestion.

Cryy wrote:

@Cryy
      I respected you making a video about occultist and it beeing an "overview" i let a lot of smaller things pass. But this still doesnt allow you to say total missinformation about some of the class spells, if you dont know what they do, if you dont even bother testing the skills before making a video, if you just blindly copy the google misstranslated english as the skilldescription, then yes - i will be there and i will tell you to do your job as content creator.
      Take it with a grain of Salt if you want but as usual no personal offense here at least from my side.
      Also you dont have to worry about me posting this on your other class "overviews" since i didnt play them i wont be able to give corrections to them but some other people i know might :P
      dedicated occultist mushroom buffbot player on china/EU
    • zyla420 wrote:

Hey everyone, I have a question about this class if anyone could possibly enlighten me. After watching the vid and seeing how alot of this classes abilities have a function for each the light and dark stances, with some having secondary triggers like an AoE heal/nuke if you hit the attack again I was wondering something. Can you switch stances between light and dark in the middle of these attacks to activate the secondary trigger for the stance you just switched to? An example of what I mean would be like this:

Use Soul Betrayal in dark mode on an enemy, then after they get hit switch to light mode and detonate the orb for an AoE heal instead of the dark mode AoE attack. Or does switching between light/dark modes cancel the effects of any attacks/heals/dots/hots currently active on the field?

I was thinking it could be an interesting twist if combinations like that were possible with some of the other abilities, and could be used as emergency heals mid attack, or make for fluid transitions from one mode to the other to kinda dps while healing at the same time.

No, the moment you use an ability in its respective stance it remains that way. So I cannot drop a dark totem then switch to light and blow it up for a heal, it will still have the darkness effect.
    • Veno wrote:

Cryy wrote:

@CryyYou dont wanna start drama and yet you start it by saying i am a "negative" person on the forum, considering my guides, active help, truthfull arguments about the game, and actual game expierience helped a lot of people. I may not have many posts but the likes should tell you im not a toxic person neither do i think i am anything better than others. I dislike missinformation most of all and try to correct it.
      Granted i dont sugarcoat my feedback and the bit with the editing the video wasnt meant to be rude just a suggestion.

Cryy wrote:

@CryyI respected you making a video about occultist and it beeing an "overview" i let a lot of smaller things pass. But this still doesnt allow you to say total missinformation about some of the class spells, if you dont know what they do, if you dont even bother testing the skills before making a video, if you just blindly copy the google misstranslated english as the skilldescription, then yes - i will be there and i will tell you to do your job as content creator.
      Take it with a grain of Salt if you want but as usual no personal offense here at least from my side.
      Also you dont have to worry about me posting this on your other class "overviews" since i didnt play them i wont be able to give corrections to them but some other people i know might :P
      If you end up playing the other classes feel free to make more google spreadsheets. I'll gladly link them in the video descriptions and annotations for those using my videos as actual class guides. As you said though, take this with a grain of salt, and hopefully that's how people use these videos. Not as a "okay how do I play the occultist, what combos do I use?" Its there to give them a general idea of the class skills and animations etc. The base info of the class is there in the video and yes you are correct, I was only on an Occultist for a few hours. I'm not going to be able to get each class to 60 play on it for days and then bring a video. There might be misinformation and if there is, luckily there are people like you willing to help in the comments and the information can easily be updated. I don't think people will take it so serious since its not an actual "how to play X" guide.

It was the way you worded your feedback that came off a bit rude and some of the google spreadsheet things just seemed kind of nit picky.
      It seems as if you were looking at this as a actual class guide and got so triggered because you played the class to a high level.
      Your right click, which is your secondary basic attack is what I refer to as a stronger basic attack just because its not something you keep spamming like your left click. On most classes the right click or secondary ability have a stronger purpose/effect than the left click.

The explosion on the teleport only stuns if you level it? Again i'm sure people are seeing this as a general overview and wont be too hurt to find out you have to level it up for that.

The meters for DPS and healing I explain but explain it a bit differently than you. Swapping stances just passes it over but using light and dark skills with both fill one of the meters. Thank you for correcting the "most" to "ALL" though.

If you watch the video, you will now see annotations with your google spreadsheet linked in the description :)