f
s

Merciless Strike Stacks..

• Merciless Strike Stacks..

Me and the other BM in my static seem to have this bug - apparently introduced with New Sulan - where Merciless Strike doesn't always grant a guarenteed stack (mainly in EC, but also happened in other instances such as MC Chal). I made sure I was doing damage every time this happens, my hit rate is above 10% in the Challenge instance too. It is extremely frustrating not to get all my stacks ASAP and sometimes even go for the whole fight without my 5 stacks. Had to do many bosses with like 1-2 stacks average for the past few weeks because it was so bugged, and so did my BM teammate. Still happening, was wondering if it was just us or.. and if there's some kind of explanation in case it's not a bug, though I doubt that.

PS: Yes I did submit a bug report with all the info and even additional video info, eventually told to check if this still happens next update.. so yeah, wanted to whine about it here and hope to find some extra info from other bms experiencing this awful bug recently ._.

EU-Moonsea

The noblest art is that of making others happy.
    • Unless you have the augment that does it at 100% the stacks are NOT granted when you hit. It was the same even before New Sulan.

Source Code

1. Every successful slash has a 50% chance of conferring one stack of Breaker, which lasts 10 seconds and can be stacked a maximum of 5 times
      You should read more carefully the descriptions of the skills. It is not a bug, it is working as intended.

BryanFury - Clan Leader | Forum | Facebook |
    • Subtlety wrote:

Lol I have the guarenteed stack cultivation, I know what I'm talking about this is happening since new patch only, I read skills don't worry.
      Ok, that is why i SAID

Bryan Fury wrote:

Unless you have the augment that does it at 100% the stacks are NOT granted when you hit

Since you have the augment i were talking about, here comes another mechanic. This issue happens because there seems to be an "internal cooldown timer" for ALL the effects (buffs or debuffs) that goes from 0,25 to a max of 0,5s. This should be your issue here. You should try to do the skills "a little" slower than how you are doing now giving the system the time to calculate the hits and you'll see that the stacks will comes.

Also, even if i'm sure you are already carefully doing that, BE SURE to be at the CORRECT DISTANCE from the target.

BryanFury - Clan Leader | Forum | Facebook |
    • Same issue regardless of the speed, and yeah obviously I'm at the right distance. On dummies it works just fine fast or not, as I said the issue is in raids mostly, and half the time I don't even get the first stack on first hit so definitely not the internal cooldown timer thing. It's awfully painful to deal with and I've tried all kinds of scenarios and tweaks and it just doesn't change the fact that this bug makes 0 sense and happens on virtually all bosses.

EU-Moonsea

• Hopping in to say that I encounter this bug as well.
      I first thought it was just a display issue that occurs quite often when you have more than ten buffs at once (for exemple guild bosses). If merciless gets in the third row (of the temporary buffs) sometimes it'll just stop displaying it regardless of how many buffs you currenly have until it actually falls off, although the damage increase is still here in the character sheet.
      But it is in fact a new bug that came with new sulan and seems to happen randomly. This is in no way related to an internal cooldown of any sort as this can occur on the very first strike already, which won't grant any stack if less than 5, nor refresh your 5 stacks merciless.
    • Fendros wrote:

Hopping in to say that I encounter this bug as well.
      I first thought it was just a display issue that occurs quite often when you have more than ten buffs at once (for exemple guild bosses). If merciless gets in the third row (of the temporary buffs) sometimes it'll just stop displaying it regardless of how many buffs you currenly have until it actually falls off, although the damage increase is still here in the character sheet.
      But it is in fact a new bug that came with new sulan and seems to happen randomly. This is in no way related to an internal cooldown of any sort as this can occur on the very first strike already, which won't grant any stack if less than 5, nor refresh your 5 stacks merciless.
      Yeah I thought it was a visual bug in the early phases, but once I could compare the big dps number differences and experience the bug with 1-2 stacks already up it just proved to be the most frustrating bug in this game. Sorry to hear you're experiencing it too, thanks for sharing though :| Hope they get it fixed soon.

EU-Moonsea