f
s

Worth Playing?

    • Worth Playing?

      I've not played since the beta and it was kinda a mess at the time. I'm just wondering if the game is worth giving it another shot. I'm not a fan of pvp nor that it's 'forced' in open world. Other than that, it seemed very lacking in content. Just wondering what people think that are still playing. Or if you're not still playing, any particular reasons why?
      We the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.
    • Well the game has a lot to offer and not PvP related(dungeons, shadow demons, mythos, adventure quest, etc), the game change a lot from the beta (better localization, optimization, new content, etc).

      If you give the game another shot, try to find a good guild where they can help you and teach you since this game is not very beginner friendly.

      o/
    • Kircala wrote:

      I've not played since the beta and it was kinda a mess at the time. I'm just wondering if the game is worth giving it another shot. I'm not a fan of pvp nor that it's 'forced' in open world. Other than that, it seemed very lacking in content. Just wondering what people think that are still playing. Or if you're not still playing, any particular reasons why?
      Hello and welcome back (Maybe ;) ) to Revelation Online!

      First off, everyone will have different opinions about the game itself, and the best possible recommendation i can always give is to try and see for yourself!

      If were talking Closed beta/ to even early open beta, then yes the game has changed drastically and for the better, With tons of new content that has been added like @Littlelove explained, but that only scratches the surface. On top of that there's a ton of more content to come PvE and PvP wise.
    • This is not the same game it was at closed beta, or even a couple months into open beta. It has fortunately seen a ton of improvements and now feels like a game that you could play rather then something that was still obviously needing tons of work. Now you will only feel that it is a beta game occasionally instead of constantly. There are still some bugs and issues, but very little that is actually disruptive to gameplay. In terms of updates, since you are a PvE player mostly (from the pvp comment), I will try to focus on that and things that may appeal to a PvE player:

      Storyline:
      • Storyline almost or completely translated (I would have to re-run to confirm it but last time I ran it a couple months ago it was almost all there) with voice acting added in for a lot of the lower level section of the storyline. (Mostly starter area and Akuta's roll)
      • Mythos and Scenic Chronicles offer a lot additional storyline and a sort of treasure hunt style journey. They have been added and are now accessible since you probably played last
      • Drawback: Most of it isn't voice acted. You may run into poor translations
      Questing/Faction/Crafting:
      • Adventure Board (Leauge) is now in game. These offer special quests that can be completed multipule times a day for money and exp along with unique costumes and other rewards bought with your bird tokens (earned from completing missions)
      • Faction Boards were fixed making it easier to progress your faction levels. Factions are tied to crafting and help you unlock higher level crafting materials.
      • Fishing has been fixed with Angler's Atoll being added to the game. Fishers can now participate in a contest every Tuesday to get the items they need to upgrade fishing gear.
      Dungeons/Events:
      • Eternal Chasm has been added which brings several new versions of this dungeon for players starting at 59 and up
      • Fairies Funland - A board game styled map where you defeat mini challenge rooms for soul crystals.
      • Inner Demons - Participate in several mini-boss type fights to get demonslayer points and other rewards (moonshade fragments, peculiar tickets, white jade, and more)
      • Shadow Demons - Fight an enemy team of 5 npcs (pvp done in pve style) for great rewards with varying difficulty.
      • Class faction areas for stuff related to your special skills mostly (dao)
      Socialish Stuff:
      • My Corner added allowing you to collect points for special interactions if you gain enough popularity (points)
      • Housing added allowing you to get a base home for fairly cheap (further upgrades get a bit expensive). A lot of your furniture is made via crafting and allows a lot of customization for your space
      • Mentoring was updated. Players now get merrit for doing daily token and trial with a low level when you are 69 or above which makes merit much easier to gain.
      Other Stuffs:
      • Assassin Release
      • Level 79 is now cap


      Also about the pvp. Revelation does offer open world pvp, however with the other pvp options and the cost of using slayer this isn't a very popular means of pvp. If you do encounter open world pvp it is usually either a) Guild War time and people are fighting over castles (area to avoid is clearly marked) or b) fighting over a world boss (fairly out of the way so you won't be dragged into it). There are many other pvp related events and quests that take you into pvp zones (such as deathly atoll). However after spending a couple months at 69 while a large majority of the population is 79, I can tell you it is possible to complete almost PvP events (exceptions include glan wars, guild tournament, and deathmatch) by pve related tasks. This doesn't mean you will always completely avoid the pvp in these events (ex: Snowpine Peak Battle, Starshatter, Imperial Wars) but it is possible to get the rewards if you try and are patient about it. Revelation offers a lot of methods to engage in both pvp and pve as much as you are willing.

      Personally I can play for several hours a day and not run out of things to do. If you have ran out, you probably are missing out on content and may want to look into finding out what else there is to do. There is plenty to work on in terms of improving your character and if you don't want to pay for fast progression (insert p2w term here) then you will need to spend the time in getting all the things you need for your character (gear, dao, marks, tier beads, dragonspikes, and much much more) or at least the currencies needed to buy such items.

    • In all honesty the population isn't very high. The best way to combat this is to join a guild. This will help you when you need to form parties for dungeons and dailies since there is a group of active people online that you can easily ask and are probably willing to help you.

      P2W is a personal opinion of every person. The only thing I have found you will absolutely have to buy from the cash shop is items pertaining to your soul grid (flames for upgrades) and you can exchange Imperial Coin for Aurum so no real money has to technically be spent. Will you gear up faster if you P2W - absolutely. There are several items on the cash shop that can accelerate your progression a lot. However, some things you will still have to buy or earn yourself that aren't there.

      If you want to be competitive player my best suggestion to you is stay within your might score's level: If you are under 300,000 might, then you are useless at level 79 so stay at 69 and below. This allows you to have access to pvp where you don't get instant one shot while still working on your character. If you don't particularly care about this, then find a group of people that are willing to haul your dead body around through high level dungeons until you are geared up enough not to die if you fail a dodge :D

      Longevity of a game is a bit unpredictable. From everyone who has played from the China version I have only heard good things about where this game is going with tons of improvements and new content. There is a (hopefully) large update coming late summer/early autumn that could potentially encourage some return players and new interest. Right now the competition for top new games isn't super high from what I am hearing from the community so there is potential for players to stick with this game and gain more interest as new content comes out. Overall I would say the game is supposed to be going in the right direction its just up to the community to decide if they like it enough to stick around. (and if updates come quick enough to maintain interest)

    • Lyosha wrote:

      In all honesty the population isn't very high. The best way to combat this is to join a guild. This will help you when you need to form parties for dungeons and dailies since there is a group of active people online that you can easily ask and are probably willing to help you.

      P2W is a personal opinion of every person. The only thing I have found you will absolutely have to buy from the cash shop is items pertaining to your soul grid (flames for upgrades) and you can exchange Imperial Coin for Aurum so no real money has to technically be spent. Will you gear up faster if you P2W - absolutely. There are several items on the cash shop that can accelerate your progression a lot. However, some things you will still have to buy or earn yourself that aren't there.

      If you want to be competitive player my best suggestion to you is stay within your might score's level: If you are under 300,000 might, then you are useless at level 79 so stay at 69 and below. This allows you to have access to pvp where you don't get instant one shot while still working on your character. If you don't particularly care about this, then find a group of people that are willing to haul your dead body around through high level dungeons until you are geared up enough not to die if you fail a dodge :D

      Longevity of a game is a bit unpredictable. From everyone who has played from the China version I have only heard good things about where this game is going with tons of improvements and new content. There is a (hopefully) large update coming late summer/early autumn that could potentially encourage some return players and new interest. Right now the competition for top new games isn't super high from what I am hearing from the community so there is potential for players to stick with this game and gain more interest as new content comes out. Overall I would say the game is supposed to be going in the right direction its just up to the community to decide if they like it enough to stick around. (and if updates come quick enough to maintain interest)
      Thanks for info =)
      I did really like the game when I used to play it. I got my character up to level 56 and only stopped due to the bugs and frustration with the PvP system (I prefer faction vs faction type PvP rather than whatever you call this nonsense lol). I always need a Chinese fantasy game in my life, and this fits the bill until whenever Moonlight Blade finally comes to the west. As long as I know I can play for a good long while and have a good time without fearing that the game will close any minute, I guess I'll give it another shot.
    • u_8553014 wrote:

      I just started playing and i wanted to look into the shop .. but its for level 30 but im not already 30.
      Hello,

      You can access the in-game boutique at level 17, not 30.

      There were 4 pages of discussion about Revelation Online economy system here
      You won't get any definitive answer to your question, as it highly depends on every player, their goals and time involved in the game. There are some F2P players at the top of the leaderboard, and some paying players too.

      Your message was merged with a similar thread, where you'll find information about the game, as a new player.
      Join the community chat on Discord
      ---
      Venez discuter de Revelation Online sur Discord
      FR : Pensez à changer la langue du forum dans les paramètres de compte
      ro.my.com/forum/settings/
      ---
      Revelation Online Customer Support
    • How is the activity of the game?

      Hello, i was thinking to start playing revelation online but people keep saying this game is dead, noone plays it anymore, its p2w not worth to play etc.. Is it really like that? And how many active players this game have ? ?( ?(
    • One_Autumun_Leaf wrote:

      Hello, i was thinking to start playing revelation online but people keep saying this game is dead, noone plays it anymore, its p2w not worth to play etc.. Is it really like that? And how many active players this game have ? ?( ?(
      Hello, I have merged your thread into an on-going topic about your following questions!

      To answer -
      No the game is not dead, all servers have a good population, with lots of new/ and returning players always coming.
      For P2W topic you can read above, but everyone has their own opinions about this. For me no it is not P2W but P2P, as every item you can get from the Cash shop can be farmed in game.

      Regards, Mandii
    • I think almost all pros and cons have been revealed so far but honestly, and I am not the only one, after one year I still returned to play RO. Thus, for me... YES it is worth my time.
      However, best way to know is to try it again, join a sociable guild and get back on track ^^
      Costs you only some time to give it another chance.



      Thank you Hime
    • New

      I stopped RO a few months and then I came back ... change of class I redo other characters and each time the adventure is magic ... moreover there is a lot of interesting guild .... and it's always good to meet and help new players :D