f
s

help ! fishing !

• help ! fishing !

New

how to land high level fish with underlevel fishing skill ?
      i see some people able to land glowfish or sailfish with fishing skill level only 18...
      on other hand... me only able to land underlevel fish... leve 27 cant even land razorback
      my problem is the fish always run away... not even pop the minigame...
      already tried 3 diffrent bait all the same...(shrimp, snapper, meat )
    • New

u_11308640 wrote:

Better float means more time to press F
      Better hook means less chance to fail when you press F or reach 100%
      Better road means higher range (obv) and easier mini game (wider green bar and slower balance)
      Better bait means the fish will bite faster. You can use lv10 bait to catch coelacanth (lv36), it will just take like 20sec+ for it to bite. If you use lv20 bait you will have to wait around 10sec for it to bite.

Fishes that require mini games are harder than fishes which dont need mini game but just to press F. What i mean is that you need higher gear to fish those fishes with mini game. In your case, if you press F but mini game dissapear right after, you need better float.
      But for sure all fishes that have the mini game are a pain to get if you are under the level, to be honest some of them still hard even on the same level, so the best that you can do is upgrade your fishing gear, to use the buff itens and keep fishing the ones without the mini game until you rise your level enough.
    • New

Also once you reach past the max base items (around lvl 9) you will need Starfish Stones to buy the higher level fishing gear pieces. These can be obtained from the fishing contest on Tuesdays (Angler's Atoll). You do also have a chance of getting higher level fishing gear from the contest as a reward as well.

• New

Your first question was how to catch high level fish when you are lower level fishing experience which would tie to what fishing equipment you are using. However you also said that you have level 27 fishing and you are unable to catch razorback fish (level 22). Bait as DarkSchnieder explained will not help you catch the fish, but your float and hook will impact this. You are using the Grayhawk Hook (level 26) and Basswood Float (level 27) then correct? Is your float/hook broken? What about your ping? Have you tried catching them with the piercing/astute buffs on?

• New

Lyosha wrote:

Your first question was how to catch high level fish when you are lower level fishing experience which would tie to what fishing equipment you are using. However you also said that you have level 27 fishing and you are unable to catch razorback fish (level 22). Bait as DarkSchnieder explained will not help you catch the fish, but your float and hook will impact this. You are using the Grayhawk Hook (level 26) and Basswood Float (level 27) then correct? Is your float/hook broken? What about your ping? Have you tried catching them with the piercing/astute buffs on?
      yeah... im using that... but forget about that... lets focus on
      "i see some people able to land glowfish or sailfish with fishing skill level only 18..."
      that ^
      how ? lv 18 means crappy gear...

btw broken float/hook means u cant do fishing at all
      ping 280-300
      no... not try use the buffs...