f
s

Few questions please help

• Few questions please help

So a friend and I are thinking about coming to this game, but it's scarey even looking at this game as these forums are filled with people that are playing the game, but hate it lol. Here's my questions:

Me: I'm an NA PVP player

1. First, hows the population, which server is most populated?
      2. As far as class, what is the strongest for 1v1, then in open world as well, any explanation on classes would be great
      3. I'm seeing people say the game is 100% p2w. Is that fact, as in, I don't mind paying for things I like, cosmetics, monthly sub for xp bonus, but is it really p2w?
      4. How long does it take to catch up?
      5. I'm like owpvp most of all, can I kill anyone at any point, is there karma, what?
      6. How do arenas work and is there ranking?
      7. Can a war declare war on another guild?

Sorry, it's a lot but deciding if i want to take a look.
    • FuneralDirector wrote:

So a friend and I are thinking about coming to this game, but it's scarey even looking at this game as these forums are filled with people that are playing the game, but hate it lol. Here's my questions:

Me: I'm an NA PVP player

2. As far as class, what is the strongest for 1v1, then in open world as well, any explanation on classes would be great
      3. I'm seeing people say the game is 100% p2w. Is that fact, as in, I don't mind paying for things I like, cosmetics, monthly sub for xp bonus, but is it really p2w?
      5. I'm like owpvp most of all, can I kill anyone at any point, is there karma, what?

Sorry, it's a lot but deciding if i want to take a look.
      Hello and welcome to Revelation Online. (Replies will be in red)

Sadly i play on EU servers, but I do know Snowpine has a fairly good population, as well as Darkfall.

Occultist imo, as they have good Damage/ Healing/ and CC. Blade Masters are also really good 1v1.

Everyone will have their opinions about P2W/ F2P/ P2P etc. Imo no it is not P2W, but P2P there are items that you can get from the cash shop that yes, can give a paying player a good boost. But for F2P players they can easily farm the exact same item. They ofc need to understand that being F2P it requires more work and time.

With the seals being broken on all servers, pretty fast you'll get bonus XP at the lower level caps, which greatly help a player to level up faster. Getting gear should also be very easy too, as there are always tons of players looking to side kick new players.

Yes there is "Slayer" mode, where you can kill players in the open world outside of safe zones. This ofc has a huge penalty though, as your slayer value increases. You can use books to remove this value or wait out the punishment time. Another down fall is if you are killed while you have slayer your gear takes more damage, and you have a chance of dropping money you may be carrying.

There is 3v3 arena, there is a ranking system, but minimal reward. There will be a patch at a later time that will make the rewards more rewarding.

Im not sure what you mean by "A war" If you mean a guild can declare war on another guild. Then yes they can. There is also Guild v Guild/ Siege wars/ and world bosses guilds can contest against each other.
    • 1. As of right now Snowpine and Darkfall would be considered the most populated as to which has more it is debatable. Snowpine feels they have less but when we did Imperial Wars (server vs server fight) they seemed to have at least an equal amount of people show up. I would say they are around equal standing right now, as no server is extremely populated either way.

2. I have seen examples from every class come out in top in a 1v1, it really depends on the player's knowledge of their character and progress in gearing their character. Gear progression does make a lot of difference in gameplay in RO. Personally I have found the occultist and assassin to be some of my favorite, preferring assassin more in pvp. I am not a super heavy pvp player, so a lot of my opinion on this is from seeing the outcomes of other very geared max level players in pvp situations.

3. I wouldn't waste your money on a xp bonus for RO. XP in this game is more of a currency then a "grind to the next level" and is utilized in many forms other then marking how much leveling progress you made. You should be able to keep up with what you need without any specific boosts. That being said RO's "exp bonuses" are tied to the monthly premium subscription which offer other good benefits, such as boosts for the crafting system, which make it a bit more valuable. As for P2W it depends on how fast you want to progress in my mind. The only thing that feels extremely locked behind a p2w model is the soul grid system (a method of increasing your base stats and giving you other stat boosts) because the item needed to improve the soul crystals especially for higher level crystals is in the aurum (cash shop). You can exchange Imperial Coins (in game currency) for aurum but it will be expensive and makes this much more p2w then it needs to be. Other items you need to improve your character can all be gained in game in a fair amount of time if you know what to do and are efficient with your time. It is of course always easier and faster to buy things with aurum to catch up quicker.

4. As mandii pointed out there will be people willing to help you through low level dungeons. The dungeons you need to run for gold (max quality) gear at level 59 and 69 usually have party recruitments on world chat several times a week which you will be able to get into. Having a larger or at least well established guild will help this progress since you will have people who will help you through those dungeons. Alternative gears such as blueprints are on the marketplace as well, more frequently for higher level players then lower level though. Other items you need for gameplay will come from what you do daily especially once you start planing and working on the right things. (Dragonspikes, Marks, Tier Beads, Phlogiston are things you should be looking for). Skill books are relatively cheap and easy to acquire right now up to about the mid level ones. Higher level books are still more expensive and will require a bit more to get. Badges (special gear pieces) are a lot easier to get right now with the imperial war system especially if you reach level 69 or higher. Hmm...in summary it will depend on the amount of time you spend in game and how well you focus on working on gear progression and not other side tasks or other fun things. It is most definitely possible. I have seen players take a character to decently geared at 69 in a months time, but I would expect you to take a 2-3 months minimum to catch up to 79 players without a whole lot of p2w. It takes time and effort to get your character to the top of the ranks in RO. Others have had over a year now to work on theirs so don't feel like that it is unrealistic to take time to catch up to them.

5. Mandii already covered the slayer system so I will add this. Open world pvp isn't very common in this game. While the whole world (outside of town areas) is considered available to "slayer up" as players say, most don't bother. We have a pretty active battlefield system that will get you into 10v10, 20v20, or 30v30 (10v10 at 69 and up, the rest at 70 and up) a couple times a day. RO also has almost every other day pvp centered events:
      • Monday - deathmatch where a group of about 10 go into 1 area and its ffa till the last 5 standing or so. (winners progress on until 1 is declared the top)
      • Thursday - Starshatter Island which is a guild vs guild (or guild alliance vs guild alliance) map attempting to control resources to reach top rank for prizes.
      • Friday - Guild Tournament which is about what it sounds like. There are two brackets one for 1-69 and one for 1-79.
      • Saturday - Guild Wars (Territory/Clan Wars) where specific "castle" areas in the game are open pvp (no penalty) zones and guilds fight for 2 hours to control who owns the castle at the end of the 2 hours.
      • Sunday - Snowpine Peak Battle fight for the Ursid or Wingar (2 game npc factions) for points and rewards. Numbers will vary
      Other activities include Deathly Atoll which is a place you can farm for pvp marks (bonuses for your pvp stats) which is a contested area and people will fight in here frequently. Imperial Wars is also a week long pvp event as server vs server (depending on if your server was selected that week). These should help give you alternatives to openworld pvp.

6. Mandii pretty much covered it. About the only time you are in arena is for the pvp rank up quest otherwise not much use right now. If you get some friends to que with you it'd be a fun place to have some 3v3. You can also use the training arena (3v3 as well) to get some cross server ones going (we have done this for the 69 groups before) but again, it isn't really used.

7. Guilds can challenge each other and the other guild can choose to decline (surrender) or accept. The guild sending the challenge has to pay a hefty fee though that is not returned no matter what the other guild chooses. If the other guild accepts they enter a version of the Deathly Atoll map and its a gvg fight until one side reaches the required points. It is not used very frequently because of the cost and limited rewards (you get a buff against the other guild in clan wars if you win). More frequent gvg action is in starshatter on thursday, the tournament on fridays and at guild wars saturday.