f
s

The merging of Snowpine and Divine Overlook: Call and Discussion

    • The merging of Snowpine and Divine Overlook: Call and Discussion

      Hello, players and the Revelation My.com team!

      In connection with the large outflow of players for various reasons, such as: many have already quit, a complete lack of new content, no new influx of players, suffering optimization and many other problems, according to the heads of the leading guilds of Snowpine and Divine Overlook, “servers are dying”. Therefore, without any additional activities that would attract the interest of players (prizes for which it is worth trying or interest in the event itself), players are forced to seek the meaning of staying in this project on their own. There is also the large disadvantage of Imperial War for both of these servers against the still heavily active Darkfall. All of the above resulted in the decision of Snowpine server leaders, with the support of the Divine Overlook leaders, to contact the project administration for the early merge of Snowpine and Divine Overlook servers.

      What will this give the players?
      1) New opportunities for the passage of PVP and PVE activities;
      2) Revitalizing the server-to-server confrontation mainly in Imperial War;
      3) An additional incentive for the development of characters, in connection with the emergence of more serious competition.
      4) Return of interest to the social component of the game.
      5) New confrontation on the server itself which will revive’s some players hearts for PvP

      What will this give the company My.com?
      1) In connection with the emergence of competition, a new influx of capital into the game;
      2) New opportunities to improve the performance of other servers in connection with the transition of one to the base of another;
      3) Gratitude from the players.

      Considering all the above, we suggest My.com to work on the merge of Snowpine and Divine Overlook servers as soon as possible, and also as soon as possible to officially announce this event with dates.

      This petition is not an ultimatum and is open to discussion, we know the opinion of the players of our guilds, but we would like to see them here in the comments, as well as the opinion of other players from these servers.

      This message was compiled and approved by:
      - Fel the leader of the guild Oi of the server Snowpine
      - Amii the leader of the guild Senpai of the server Snowpine
      - HydeTormented the leader of the guild Renegades of the server Snowpine
      - Gris the leader of the guild Unethical of the server Divine Overlook
      - HolySheit the leader of the guild Eclipse of the server Divine Overlook
      - ImGroot the leader of the guild Ascension of the server Divine Overlook
      - Equinox the leader of the guild Garuda of the server Divine Overlook

      The post was edited 2 times, last by NerfYou ().

    • support, am from the top guild in DO and playerbase feels dead for all events except ninefold where we have ~150 players, pvp events < 100 for each.

      There's 3 groups clearing EC hell per week and 3 or 4 others that attempt it each week, and those 3 that clear have sidekicks from other groups. There's just not enough population here, and seems like not enough population for snowpine to compete against darkfall either so they are the obvious choice for a merge.
    • Most people that want merge from DO are from "Unethical" Guild they already have the server dominated because they have all the major whales (like hostile in DF) so obviously they are bored, but there are other several other guilds that compete among each other in a very healthy way(without being 1shoted) This guilds are still having a good competition, and growing each day, for them, the server still fun. Merging server will only obey to interest of the major whales of this server.
      my 2 cents.
    • Instead of merging DO right into Snowpine, I think the idea of allowing the players to choose between Darkfall/Snowpine would be awesome. Not sure how hard/complex that would be, but I don't think it's a great idea to simply dump DO into JUST Snowpine. Darkfall would like new players as well. :)
      Teamwork makes the dream work. :thumbup:
    • Raist wrote:

      Instead of merging DO right into Snowpine, I think the idea of allowing the players to choose between Darkfall/Snowpine would be awesome. Not sure how hard/complex that would be, but I don't think it's a great idea to simply dump DO into JUST Snowpine. Darkfall would like new players as well. :)
      I mean that's fair and sounds great, but you are expecting too much of you know who. huehue
    • My.com has to realise that merges is not the solution ffs, there's only 3 servers. What will happen there's only one server? My.com has to invest in dynamics to increase the player base, right now DO is the newest and the easiest server to catch up with the older ones.
    • if Divine merge Snowpine can't change anything darkfall is darkfall they have a lot whale

      The different Key factors of Divine+Snowpine 1.Mark pvp 2.people

      a most people in darkfall saw this issue in the sever a longtime and present my.come to change it but they don'tchange anything


      It's time for you to meet these problems yourself. GGWP
    • faspee wrote:

      First all, darkfall is not "heavily active", we have some people that log in for that chaos boss only and nothing else. We are just as dead as you guys.
      OMG ITS A FASPEE!!!! HAI~~

      Also I am on the not so convinced side of this. From what I have been reading on the forums over the last few months everyone was convinced Snowpine was the most populated and active while Darkfall was slowly sliding into Divine levels of inactivity. Is Imperial Wars an accurate reflection of server activity? I am not so sure. As Faspee pointed out we have people that show up for specific things only. I can point to a large portion of one guild including their leadership positions who seems to do this. For other content (outside of impwars) I can tell you that we face lower numbers. For example I have formed the nightly poacher raid (at reset) for the last almost 3 months and was a participant daily for a couple more before that. When we started doing this we had a full raid a good 5 minutes after forming (and 5-8 before reset even hit). Now days I am lucky to get even half a raid by the time reset rolls around. This lack of activity is present elsewhere as well. In Snowpine Peak we used to have large raids for both sides that would pvp their way through the quest. Now there is much more snowball/mob farming and only smaller sections of pvp going on.

      From what I have heard others say, we were honestly very surprised that ImpWars has turned out the way it has this week. Darkfall was insanely psyched for a fight with Snowpine because we thought it would be a big challenge and we did have some concerns going in about being overwhelmed by numbers etc. Keep in mind some of this I am repeating from discord conversations with some of the ImpWar major players/leaders. We had an open world chat discussion at one point on whether we thought we should bid for fighting Snowpine because we weren't sure we could take you on (I think that was prior to the week we sat out).

      So I am on the fence because while we are definitely dominating ImpWars here on Darkfall a lot of our perceptions of other players was much different then what we are experiencing now so if our average player up to our top guild leads all have incorrect presumptions about what server life is like on the other two servers how do we know your assessment is accurate? Will this sort of merge just push Darkfall under because its too much of a boost?

      Also please consider you have players on both of your servers who aren't as heavily interested in PvP content. How is this impacting them? A heavy section of your argument seems to be around pvp and imperial wars. How is this going to impact other events? The market (Soul Grid, Gear, Gear improvement mats, etc)? Egg Hunt? (it is Saturday :D)

    • Lyosha wrote:

      faspee wrote:

      First all, darkfall is not "heavily active", we have some people that log in for that chaos boss only and nothing else. We are just as dead as you guys.
      OMG ITS A FASPEE!!!! HAI~~
      Also I am on the not so convinced side of this. From what I have been reading on the forums over the last few months everyone was convinced Snowpine was the most populated and active while Darkfall was slowly sliding into Divine levels of inactivity. Is Imperial Wars an accurate reflection of server activity? I am not so sure. As Faspee pointed out we have people that show up for specific things only. I can point to a large portion of one guild including their leadership positions who seems to do this. For other content (outside of impwars) I can tell you that we face lower numbers. For example I have formed the nightly poacher raid (at reset) for the last almost 3 months and was a participant daily for a couple more before that. When we started doing this we had a full raid a good 5 minutes after forming (and 5-8 before reset even hit). Now days I am lucky to get even half a raid by the time reset rolls around. This lack of activity is present elsewhere as well. In Snowpine Peak we used to have large raids for both sides that would pvp their way through the quest. Now there is much more snowball/mob farming and only smaller sections of pvp going on.

      From what I have heard others say, we were honestly very surprised that ImpWars has turned out the way it has this week. Darkfall was insanely psyched for a fight with Snowpine because we thought it would be a big challenge and we did have some concerns going in about being overwhelmed by numbers etc. Keep in mind some of this I am repeating from discord conversations with some of the ImpWar major players/leaders. We had an open world chat discussion at one point on whether we thought we should bid for fighting Snowpine because we weren't sure we could take you on (I think that was prior to the week we sat out).

      So I am on the fence because while we are definitely dominating ImpWars here on Darkfall a lot of our perceptions of other players was much different then what we are experiencing now so if our average player up to our top guild leads all have incorrect presumptions about what server life is like on the other two servers how do we know your assessment is accurate? Will this sort of merge just push Darkfall under because its too much of a boost?

      Also please consider you have players on both of your servers who aren't as heavily interested in PvP content. How is this impacting them? A heavy section of your argument seems to be around pvp and imperial wars. How is this going to impact other events? The market (Soul Grid, Gear, Gear improvement mats, etc)? Egg Hunt? (it is Saturday :D)
      There was a time where I could see Snowpine giving Darkfall a run for their money but we lost almost every whale, everyone has either quit or been banned. Theres nothing we can do about it my.com has the power to make the game interesting enough for players to return. I don't know how else to put it but Snowpine dropped super fast about 6 months ago. In my own opinion I don't think this merge will pull Darkfall under because if anything this merge will also liven up Darkfall again to fight a stronger force, maybe even bring back returning people. Also we will always have an Imperial war every week.

      Your other concern about market and the PvE side of the community, well market will definitely improve. I mean when you think about it you are bringing more sales into the market. There will be more marketing than there is now thats for sure and prices will change but I think for the better. Prices should get cheaper and this also helps the f2p community.

      On the PvE end of things I don't think this will really affect these communities as PvE is seperate from PvP. If you are talking about the small progressing guilds, Snowpine and DO both have a large under 70 bracket community as well as many 79 guilds some high and some low on the strength scale.

      I understand Imperial war isnt a good reflection of server activity but this game is all about events, the people that show up to events I would say that shows activity more than anything.
    • You talk about the "emergence of competition bringing a new influx of capital to my.com". A new influx of capital means that a server merge will revitalize this game. How are you so sure that this will help revitalize? You leave out the people who are in a disagreement with the server merge. It doesn't seem like you got everyone's approval of a server merge happening. It just seems like you got your friends to help you out. If a server merge happens, how can you assure that more players won't quit because of this disagreement.

      There is so much to take into account that you leave out that makes this whole post seem meaningless. You have no evidence "on servers are dying". You are very bias towards PvP side of things basically your whole approval section. And you leave out the possibility that this could also be beneficial to Darkfall in terms of PvE giving them a new influx of players to play with. This whole post seems like you are just complaining because you are losing heavily against Darkfall, so a server merge needs to happen.
    • u_25852050 wrote:

      You talk about the "emergence of competition bringing a new influx of capital to my.com". A new influx of capital means that a server merge will revitalize this game. How are you so sure that this will help revitalize? You leave out the people who are in a disagreement with the server merge. It doesn't seem like you got everyone's approval of a server merge happening. It just seems like you got your friends to help you out. If a server merge happens, how can you assure that more players won't quit because of this disagreement.

      There is so much to take into account that you leave out that makes this whole post seem meaningless. You have no evidence "on servers are dying". You are very bias towards PvP side of things basically your whole approval section. And you leave out the possibility that this could also be beneficial to Darkfall in terms of PvE giving them a new influx of players to play with. This whole post seems like you are just complaining because you are losing heavily against Darkfall, so a server merge needs to happen.

      NerfYou wrote:


      This petition is not an ultimatum and is open to discussion, we know the opinion of the players of our guilds, but we would like to see them here in the comments, as well as the opinion of other players from these servers.
      Just as it states in the original post this isn’t an ultimatum at the end of the day my.com is probably the biggest deciding factor on the merge. This is just to see the opinion of others, I feel you are getting a little too heated over a discussion. The influx of capital is in relation to money and market in general as well as new players coming back a common effect when a merge occurs. ”the servers are dying” is just a quote from most of the players from top guilds on these servers there’s almost little to no activity. I also believe my right to be biased towards PvP in a 80% PvP game is just in this situation. I also don’t think I have ever witnessed a server merge where players have quit because of the merge. Merges are a common thing in mmos I don’t see why people would quit over being merged with another server to increase population when both servers are already fully progressed.

      You make a good point about this benefiting darkfall in the pve category and I appreciate people speaking up to voice their opinions that’s the point of this thread. In my own opinion to go against that I believe PvE shouldn’t be that much of an issue if we do gain a cross server PvE feature as well with sulan patch. Aside from that I believe PvP is more heavily weighed in this game since 80% of the content and events are PvP related.
    • u_4365278 wrote:

      Most people that want merge from DO are from "Unethical" Guild they already have the server dominated because they have all the major whales (like hostile in DF) so obviously they are bored, but there are other several other guilds that compete among each other in a very healthy way(without being 1shoted) This guilds are still having a good competition, and growing each day, for them, the server still fun. Merging server will only obey to interest of the major whales of this server.
      my 2 cents.
      How delusional. There's like 5 whales out of the 20 people in Unethical. I'm the 2nd biggest whale in the guild and I probably just make the top 20 biggest whales in the server. On top of that, some of the f2p people in the guild have past me in progression. Stop making excuses for being bad.