f
s

Unfair pvp doesn't help attract new players.

• Unfair pvp doesn't help attract new players.

When new players are leveling up, we are going to realize pretty quickly to do the things in the road to greatness. Which involves several PVP events. It's not very attractive to new players when we join events such as Death Match, Death Atoll, Territory War, Starshatter, and Snowpine Peak as a lvl 40-60. We have 10-20k health, having to fight lvl 79s with 60k health. We are hitting someone for 20 times to do no meaningful damage only to be killed in 1 hit. This is not going to be attractive for new players. It's going to drive a lot of new players away in fact.

I understand this is a p2w game, and you want people who pay, to win. Unfortunately, for you to get paid you need actual players. People who are at max gear with everything decked out are not the ones that's most likely to spend more money to pay to win. They already have everything, what do they need to spend money on? They can get aurum through exchange with things they get from raids and pvp. They don't need to spend any real money at all.

What's going to keep people from playing if only the big guilds that have full of max out geared people can enjoy the game?

The people that's willing to spend money are those who don't have maxed out gear and new players who believe they enjoy the game and it's worth spending money on.

Why would a new player buy items to be p2w if they are only lvl 40-60 and it will take them months to reach lvl 79? They can't even be p2w if they wanted to because they are not max level. In which case, they are much more likely to simply quit the game.

You might ask, what's going to make new players buy if gear doesn't matter in pvp? PVE, it has worked for all successful MMORPGs, gear has always been a pursuit in PVE to beat bosses. There's enough PVE content in the game to give incentive for many people to buy gear, and the pve aspect does not deter new players away. You could be attracting new players with fair, fun, rewarding pvp, while motivating new players to buy gear via pve.

Bottom line, attracting and keeping new players gives a greater money incentive than not. Make PVP fair by giving all players same might rating/cultivation skills in pvp events. The guilds that have lower number of players entering should get increased might proportional to their lack of numbers.

Otherwise, people are constantly going to stop playing the game whenever they have to fight full guilds of lvl 79s as a lvl 40 when they literally has no way of winning even if they had spent $10000.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Sinneslust ().

• Why are they open to lvl 40s if they are supposed to be "End Game" contents? EC Hell is end game content, why is it NOT open to lvl 40s?

If it's open and advertised to new players, it is NOT supposed to be end game content. Coincidentally, all those events get advertised like crazy to new players by the game system.

It doesn't matter what's "supposed to be". What matters is to keep the game alive and to keep the money flowing in, advertising ludicrously unfair pvp to new players does not accomplish that. It does the opposite.

Bryan Fury wrote:

Deathmatch, Shatter and Siege wars are supposed to be END GAME PvP content, not taken by Lv40 players.

Level up your way first, and then, once ready you can do it "fairly".

The post was edited 6 times, last by Sinneslust ().

• It's supposed to work like that because you are NOT supposed to play with a LOW LEVEL character, NOT GEARED against a FULLY leveled AND geared character.

The events are advertised because the system let you know how the events are. EVERY single mmorpg is made that way. You simply CAN'T fight on end game PvP content like that.. Plus, EC is NOT a PvP event. So the example doesn't fit in the discussion here.

As i perviously said: Level up your way first, and then, once ready you can do it "fairly".

BryanFury - Clan Leader | Forum | Facebook |
  • Wrong, all successful mmorpgs bracket their bg, arena, and events so that low level players don't have to fight max level players.

Point is, if it allows low level players in, then it's not end game content. Once again, sorry to break it to you, it doesn't matter what's end game or not, what matters is money and players, and making low level players fight fully geared max lvl players is NOT the way to bring in new players.

BG queues never pop under lvl 70-79 because they can't bring in enough new players with the current system. There's no new guilds. New players rarely level past lvl 50, people are constantly leaving, and your idea is to tell every new player to "level up" instead of fixing the game.

Bryan Fury wrote:

The events are advertised because the system let you know how the events are. EVERY single mmorpg is made that way. You simply CAN'T fight on end game PvP content like that.. Plus, EC is NOT a PvP event. So the example doesn't fit in the discussion here.

As i perviously said: Level up your way first, and then, once ready you can do it "fairly".

The post was edited 2 times, last by Sinneslust ().

• I agree with everything u said Sinneslust, that's why new server's is the key for this game. A prove of that is that the CN version as like 22 servers, so every new player that wants to enjoy the game fully without grinding for 1 year. So the best thing i think my.com should do is open new servers for like 6 months to 1 year and then merge it with the old ones.
    If a new player starts in the old servers and get to the events like Deathmatch, Shatter and Siege wars. They will just hate it and get bored with the game even tho they liked the game at the start.
  • Sinneslust wrote:

Wrong, all successful mmorpgs bracket their bg, arena, and events so that low level players don't have to fight max level players.

Point is, if it allows low level players in, then it's not end game content. Once again, sorry to break it to you, it doesn't matter what's end game or not, what matters is money and players, and making low level players fight fully geared max lvl players is NOT the way to bring in new players.

BG queues never pop under lvl 70-79 because they can't bring in enough new players with the current system. There's no new guilds. New players rarely level past lvl 50, people are constantly leaving, and your idea is to tell every new player to "level up" instead of fixing the game.
    You fail to get my point. I'm not talking about BGs. I NEVER mentioned the BGs. In fact BGs are ALREADY divived with a level bracket.

You talked about END GAME content like Deathmatch, Shatter and Sieges. And i did answered about THAT content only.

• Bryan Fury wrote:

You fail to get my point. I'm not talking about BGs. I NEVER mentioned the BGs. In fact BGs are ALREADY divived with a level bracket.

You talked about END GAME content like Deathmatch, Shatter and Sieges. And i did answered about THAT content only.
    And you fail to get my point. Those are not end game content, unless you have official source stating so. Not to mention, I said "BG, arena, EVENTS", I wasn't just talking about BG and arena. You seem to be a bit selective in your reading.
  • Sinneslust wrote:

Bryan Fury wrote:

And you fail to get my point. Those are not end game content, unless you have official source stating so. Not to mention, I said "BG, arena, EVENTS", I wasn't just talking about BG and arena. You seem to be a bit selective in your reading.
    I just stated that SOME of the events you mentioned are end game PvP content because they ARE.

The fact that there isn't a level bracket to DIVIDE the levels is a FACT. And that FACT is the same as ANY mmorpg out there.

Believe what you want here, the Shatter and the Sieges are an end game content.

• Bryan Fury wrote:

I just stated that SOME of the events you mentioned are end game PvP content because they ARE.

The fact that there isn't a level bracket to DIVIDE the levels is a FACT. And that FACT is the same as ANY mmorpg out there.

Believe what you want here, the Shatter and the Sieges are an end game content.
    Wait, basically what you are saying is, those are "ENDGAME" events even though they are open and broadcasted to lowbies. While other factual "ENDGAME" events are not open to nor broadcasted lowbies. You also have no official source stating they are "ENDGAME" events. So basically this whole thing is your opinion with no facts.

Literally every big MMORPG, world of warcraft, guild wars, elder scrolls, final fantasy, etc divides their level brackets for EVERYTHING. What are you even talking about?

Sounds like you are the one that should "Believe what you want here."
  • Seele wrote:

Wait, basically what you are saying is, those are "ENDGAME" events even though they are open and broadcasted to lowbies. While other factual "ENDGAME" events are not open to nor broadcasted lowbies. You also have no official source stating they are "ENDGAME" events. So basically this whole thing is your opinion with no facts.
    Literally every big MMORPG, world of warcraft, guild wars, elder scrolls, final fantasy, etc divides their level brackets for EVERYTHING. What are you even talking about?

Sounds like you are the one that should "Believe what you want here."
    I have nothing to prove you. I did partecipated, since it was available, at the Shatter starting with mining and climbed the ladder later on after the Clan was ready to do bigger things.

Shatter and Siege wars are NOT a content you can do at the same level of "organized" Clans if you are undergeared and underleveled.

As i said, level up your way and don't complain about the "nothingness" as you are all discussing here. In fact, BGs are ALREADY divided by level brackets, so.. there is nothing to complain about.

• Bryan Fury wrote:

Sinneslust wrote:

This is RO, this isn't every other copycat MMO. We play this game because we like what this game offers, not what other copycat offers.

In RO, there are some content are designed as high level end game players. There are some content that is limited to a given level tier. And there are some content that is designed to be open for a lot more players, such as StarShatter and TW. However, these open content isn't meant to have it that you as a Lv 40 noob** to be able to kill/hit/hurt a higher tier decently geared player. In SS, as a low level, you can mine, you can help scout, and you can ride the scorpion and still contribute to your guild's over all points in SS. But if you expect to PvP in SS, then you simply just aren't ready for SS yet. Same holds true for TW.

This game offers plenty of tiered PvE and PvP content. If you are talking about OW content, there are still plenty of things one can do as a low level, just don't expect to hurt anyone that is decently geared, but you can still contribute as a team player.

** I personally define any char up to Lv 49 as a learning char, and to Lv 59 as a noob, as that is the 1st level where you have full access to all of your character's enhancement features, and still very limited (EG: cultivation points).
    Red text: My moderator alter ego in action. PAY attention !!
    Check out our guides
    Scene Chronicles - Pictorial Guide (WIP)

iNoob (17 Members)

Never feel like a noob when you're in iNoob.

• So, what the two of you are saying is "The game is fine, just level up. In the meantime, enjoy getting 1 shotted by max lvls in all pvp events for the next year or so." to every current, and future new player.

What a great way to attract new players to a dying game! I mean, it's not like BG queues under lvl 70 take 10+ hours to pop. It's not like new players are constantly quitting without bothering to lvling to 79 because how unfair the pvp events are. It's not like on every server basically 1-2 guilds monopolize all resources so people either quit or join those guilds. But hey, what do I know, obviously the game is perfect and does not need any changes!

Of course, I suppose if I was max geared, I'd be against the idea of balanced PVP. You already monopolize all the resources in game and you want to keep it that way. It's beneficial to you, even though it is absolutely horrible for the game over all. Make sense. But hey, not only does your ideal of "keeping it as is" not help bring in new players and money, it is detrimental to the game. Who cares, right? As long as you guys get to monopolize the game resources and enjoy it yourselves, who cares about new players?

I'm not going to bother arguing about what's endgame and what's not. It's your words against mine without official source stating whether they are endgame content or not. I've already stated this before, I don't care what's endgame and what's not.

All I'm going to say is that making lvl 40s fight max geared lvl 79s is not the way to bring in new players, but giving everybody the same might, regardless of lvl, and allowing them to duke it out in a fun and fair pvp setting is.

However, if RO wants current and future new players to keep quitting the game because they got bored or annoyed with the unfair pvp events. They can keep telling everybody to "Lvl up".

The post was edited 11 times, last by Sinneslust ().

• Sinneslust wrote:

What a great way to attract new players to a dying game!
    The game is not dieing and will just get better and better after each expansion that we will get. The fact you want to partecipate to an end game feature with a low 40+ level character is just totally absurd and a nonsense.

Me and my whole Clan had to climb up the ladder, level up, gear up and all the things necessary to get a decend character to be able to partecipate as we are doing now to these features as they are intended to be played with an high level/geared character.

The same "work" has to be done with ANY mmorpg out there, whatever it's an old (like the two KINGs of PvP game genre i'm coming from, Dark Age Of Camelot and Lineage 2) mmorpg or a new one.

• Bryan Fury wrote:

Sinneslust wrote:

What a great way to attract new players to a dying game!
    The game is not dieing and will just get better and better after each expansion that we will get. The fact you want to partecipate to an end game feature with a low 40+ level character is just totally absurd and a nonsense.
    Me and my whole Clan had to climb up the ladder, level up, gear up and all the things necessary to get a decend character to be able to partecipate as we are doing now to these features as they are intended to be played with an high level/geared character.

The same "work" has to be done with ANY mmorpg out there, whatever it's an old (like the two KINGs of PvP game genre i'm coming from, Dark Age Of Camelot and Lineage 2) mmorpg or a new one.
    Work has to be done in any mmorpg in the PVE aspect. Not PVP. I don't care what you or your guild had to do, the fact is the current model of making lowbies fight max geared people does not attract people to the game.

The game is not dying? I'm on darkfall, one of the most populated servers in the game, and the first half of the gvg tournaments are all against inactive guilds with no players, the only rounds with actual fighting are the last 2. 2-3 guilds monopolize entire resources of the game.

It's nearly impossible to find any groups using the lfg system for any raids. Any low level player who wants to run anything needs a higher lvl to carry them through because they can't find any full groups due to the lack of population to the game. Players are constantly leaving faster than more players are coming in. That is the definition of a dying game.

But hey, I'm sure making you feel better about having had to work your way up so you can 1 shot low level players in pvp events is more important than keeping the game alive.
  • Fun fact that all of u know that Sinneslust is 100% right, but instead of helping him you guys are defining what is End game and what's not...

Revelation Online it's a great MMORPG but my.com it's not doing a great job at advertiseing it so the player base is low, this and the mistake that they took to long to open new servers, cause new servers is what makes the game alive. You open new server get the players to have fun since the beginning and after 6 months to 1 year you merge with the other servers. Like this u won't have any newbie quitting cause they dieing with one hit.

So what my.com should do it's not telling the players that Deathmatch, Shatter and Siege wars it's end game content and they have to grind before enjoying this events, no this is complete wrong, they have to make so they have fun since the very beginning.
  • Having been a level 59-69 for the better part of 6+ months now, here is my opinion for you.

Until you hit level 59 there is absolutely no reason to stop leveling. In fact at level 59 if you stop leveling for more than 2 weeks you are hindering your progress more than helping it. Between the current state of the game, available content, etc I have found that stopping for a month or 2 at 69 then progressing on to 79 is about the only time you shouldn't be actively leveling. Since this is off topic I will leave it at that. If you follow this method, as long as you are relatively active and complete your road to greatness each day, you will find yourself in the 59-69 range in less then a month. This is even if you are a new player and don't know some of the extra tricks to maximizing your exp gain each week. I can honestly get a character to 49 in a few hours anymore between mentored scour and dungeon runs. Once you hit 59/69 you should be able to get a blueprint gear sent relatively cheap while you work on other gears if you so desire. Will this catch you up to 79's nope but it will let you enter said weekly content without instant dying.

Strategies:
    • Deathmatch - Go in die once, and leave. While this doesn't engage you really in pvp content it will at least help you start building army coins so you can get pvp gear once you reach 79
    • Deathly Atoll - Try to enter at non-peak hours such as right before reset, during the Imperial Wars boss fight, or other daily events if you don't want to participate in it or have finished the goals already. On Darkfall I was mostly left alone while I wasn't in one of the big competitive guilds and could quickly finish my quests and leave. If you can, go to the center circle, pick up quest drops and use the "I got stuck!" function to teleport back to the npc quickly. This means you will hopefully only get killed moving the box instead of carrying both quests.
    • Starshatter - Due to population (again Darkfall based) it is relatively easy to find a quiet spot in normal starshatter to mine ores and get your quest done while the big pvp guilds duke it out in rumble.
    • Snowpine Peak - Look for low population paths and farm snowballs. If your server forms raids you can also join the correct side's raid, go in and die near the pvp and get credit for kills.
    • Territory Wars - If you know a group of lower level players in other guilds you may want to consider having some mini ffa fights in some of the territory areas. For example there is lots of area on the ice by nimbus keep that is considered clan war territory. You can have your own mini fights and get credit for territory wars there. (Please note I am not suggesting trade killing, which I think is against tos/rules/etc).
    • Duels - This is a great way to get some 1v1 action without penalty from slayer and worrying about higher levels killing you off
    • Arena - If you have 6 players on your server (or 3 on one and 3 on another) it is pretty easy to get arena to open. Keep in mind if you want to do multiple arena fights you will need to change up the teams a bit each time (exchange 1 person on each team) or it will take forever to re-match you.
    • White Tiger Guild Tournament - This is for lvl 69 and below and is up to your guild to sign up for. If you get in a guild with enough lower level players this may be something you have access to.
    • 10v10 Battlefield - At level 60+ you will be able to get into the 10v10 battlefield if you are on at the right time. Personally I have been in 4 10v10 matches over the last 48 hours. I have screenshots of a couple of them since they ended in a very nice 100 to 99 points which was lots of fun.
    As you have probably noticed, only the last few even mention active pvp. This game isn't designed for quick entry to 'end game content'. It is meant to be a slow progression of grind to improve gears (NOT TO LEVEL - this is easy to do and is not your main focus) unless you wish to bypass normal intended gameplay with cash-shop purchases (the whole p2w thing). Low level access to this content isn't really for you to pvp its for you to get some access to the resources you will need to start working on pvp gears/marks. This game is meant to reward those players who worked hard (or payed well) for their gears.

If everyone had the same ratings for PvP you would lose much of the incentive for PvP, especially for those who aren't hardcore pvpers. Right now the game is designed so you can access some pvp content via pve which is good. PvP is tied into your PvE and makes it an integral part of the game. I am going out on a limb and saying you are lower level so you haven't experienced much of Imperial Wars. This new patch is massive pvp but it also brings a lot of changes and upgrades to the limited badge system we had before. Badges most definitely impact your pve as well so encouraging players to improve their pvp ratings so they can improve their PvE helps keep the PvP system relevant for everyone - competitive and necessary. Keep in mind this MMO (like many) is designed to be competitive not only with player skill, but knowledge of how to maximize your time and character progression.

My advice to you:

Get to 69 and do 120 quests/play the market till you get a gold set or work on getting an MC set. Join a decent guild that will help you gear up. Your journey until 69 is meant for you to learn about the game and your character along with giving you some time to work on collecting those mats you are going to need to improve your character. Enjoy it and learn from it.

• Lyosha wrote:

Having been a level 59-69 for the better part of 6+ months now, here is my opinion for you.

Until you hit level 59 there is absolutely no reason to stop leveling. In fact at level 59 if you stop leveling for more than 2 weeks you are hindering your progress more than helping it. Between the current state of the game, available content, etc I have found that stopping for a month or 2 at 69 then progressing on to 79 is about the only time you shouldn't be actively leveling. Since this is off topic I will leave it at that. If you follow this method, as long as you are relatively active and complete your road to greatness each day, you will find yourself in the 59-69 range in less then a month. This is even if you are a new player and don't know some of the extra tricks to maximizing your exp gain each week. I can honestly get a character to 49 in a few hours anymore between mentored scour and dungeon runs. Once you hit 59/69 you should be able to get a blueprint gear sent relatively cheap while you work on other gears if you so desire. Will this catch you up to 79's nope but it will let you enter said weekly content without instant dying.

Strategies:
    • Deathmatch - Go in die once, and leave. While this doesn't engage you really in pvp content it will at least help you start building army coins so you can get pvp gear once you reach 79
    • Deathly Atoll - Try to enter at non-peak hours such as right before reset, during the Imperial Wars boss fight, or other daily events if you don't want to participate in it or have finished the goals already. On Darkfall I was mostly left alone while I wasn't in one of the big competitive guilds and could quickly finish my quests and leave. If you can, go to the center circle, pick up quest drops and use the "I got stuck!" function to teleport back to the npc quickly. This means you will hopefully only get killed moving the box instead of carrying both quests.
    • Starshatter - Due to population (again Darkfall based) it is relatively easy to find a quiet spot in normal starshatter to mine ores and get your quest done while the big pvp guilds duke it out in rumble.
    • Snowpine Peak - Look for low population paths and farm snowballs. If your server forms raids you can also join the correct side's raid, go in and die near the pvp and get credit for kills.
    • Territory Wars - If you know a group of lower level players in other guilds you may want to consider having some mini ffa fights in some of the territory areas. For example there is lots of area on the ice by nimbus keep that is considered clan war territory. You can have your own mini fights and get credit for territory wars there. (Please note I am not suggesting trade killing, which I think is against tos/rules/etc).
    • Duels - This is a great way to get some 1v1 action without penalty from slayer and worrying about higher levels killing you off
    • Arena - If you have 6 players on your server (or 3 on one and 3 on another) it is pretty easy to get arena to open. Keep in mind if you want to do multiple arena fights you will need to change up the teams a bit each time (exchange 1 person on each team) or it will take forever to re-match you.
    • White Tiger Guild Tournament - This is for lvl 69 and below and is up to your guild to sign up for. If you get in a guild with enough lower level players this may be something you have access to.
    • 10v10 Battlefield - At level 60+ you will be able to get into the 10v10 battlefield if you are on at the right time. Personally I have been in 4 10v10 matches over the last 48 hours. I have screenshots of a couple of them since they ended in a very nice 100 to 99 points which was lots of fun.
    As you have probably noticed, only the last few even mention active pvp. This game isn't designed for quick entry to 'end game content'. It is meant to be a slow progression of grind to improve gears (NOT TO LEVEL - this is easy to do and is not your main focus) unless you wish to bypass normal intended gameplay with cash-shop purchases (the whole p2w thing). Low level access to this content isn't really for you to pvp its for you to get some access to the resources you will need to start working on pvp gears/marks. This game is meant to reward those players who worked hard (or payed well) for their gears.

If everyone had the same ratings for PvP you would lose much of the incentive for PvP, especially for those who aren't hardcore pvpers. Right now the game is designed so you can access some pvp content via pve which is good. PvP is tied into your PvE and makes it an integral part of the game. I am going out on a limb and saying you are lower level so you haven't experienced much of Imperial Wars. This new patch is massive pvp but it also brings a lot of changes and upgrades to the limited badge system we had before. Badges most definitely impact your pve as well so encouraging players to improve their pvp ratings so they can improve their PvE helps keep the PvP system relevant for everyone - competitive and necessary. Keep in mind this MMO (like many) is designed to be competitive not only with player skill, but knowledge of how to maximize your time and character progression.

My advice to you:

Get to 69 and do 120 quests/play the market till you get a gold set or work on getting an MC set. Join a decent guild that will help you gear up. Your journey until 69 is meant for you to learn about the game and your character along with giving you some time to work on collecting those mats you are going to need to improve your character. Enjoy it and learn from it.
    Hey Lyosha you just stated the best to way join an old server in the current state of the game. But this is not what this topic is about, we are looking for improvemnts, because most of the ppl speaking in here are already End game, but they want is friends to join the game and have fun. Not being carryed or grind for 6 months before it.
    So i ask you Lyosha what should change to help new players?
  • u_11446491 wrote:

Hey Lyosha you just stated the best to way join an old server in the current state of the game. But this is not what this topic is about, we are looking for improvemnts, because most of the ppl speaking in here are already End game, but they want is friends to join the game and have fun. Not being carryed or grind for 6 months before it.So i ask you Lyosha what should change to help new players?
    Wahhh first piece of advice don't quote my massive wall blocks. Chop it in pieces!

And this isn't just my advice on joining old servers. This is my all out advice. The publishers and game designers my.com/netease have specific plans in place for this game. I have been with this game since closed beta and I have seen very little signs of player suggestions actually impacting game play especially in such a major way. Any suggestions to game play I have again would probably won't be seen going into effect unless I manage to hit upon ones that will be coming anyways from the Chinese versions.

Also keep in mind what I said towards the end. This is how the game is designed. Don't mistake it for a quick and easy progression game unless you want to spend money or an insane amount of hours and alts working the system to improve your character quickly. RO is best taken as a packaged whole and enjoyed for all it offers not just parts of it. That also being said I believe we are getting systems (possibly with New Sulan) to help new/returning players catch up faster (cannot confirm when, but it is a system in the Chinese game so we have a good chance of getting it at some point). This isn't an ignored problem, just one they haven't prioritized and haven't implemented.

Since I personally don't feel anything you write on forums is going to make major changes to the game and certainly not ones you would see in the next 2 months while trying to convince your friends to play, I encourage you to work with the game. Make a low level alt and play with them at their level and only carry when you have to on your max level. Perhaps try out a new class so you aren't bored.

Share knowledge! One of the best ways to get new players caught up quicker is giving them the knowledge they need to progress. People ignore things like curious events, egg hunt, overwhelming pvp content because they don't find ways to ways to access it or don't know to spend time on it which leaves them behind in valuable resource gain. Also don't forget this game is very much designed for higher level players to help and support lower level players we have part of the mentoring system and I think all of the Imperial Merit system (could be future changes, but I don't know of them) that is specifically meant to have high levels support low levels.

PS: The first post was 'low levels can't access weekly pvp content, this game is pay 2 win, make everything exactly the same for pvp so it becomes only skill based and not gear based'. So my reply was in response to that with how to access this content in a meaningful way at low levels, alternative pvp that would be more fair for them, and explained what their focus should actually be on because balanced pvp is never going to happen that's not what this game is about so I don't think I was that off topic. In fact as you pointed out I spent more time trying to help him then define end game unlike other players...

• Lyosha, what you stated is really not very relevant to the topic. This topic is not about what you believe is end game and what low level players "can do" in them. It's about luring more players into this game so it can flourish instead of dying like it currently is. It's fine if they don't take the suggestion. Not like I can force them to take suggestions.

I'll say this right now. My guild recruits lowbies, and several of them quit within this week right after fighting in death match. In fact, many of them thought I was trolling them when I explained to them how the pvp events worked in this game, where they have to fight max geared players if they wanted to pvp in the events.

It doesn't matter what someone can do to get "credits" as a lowbie in those events. What matters is whether it's fun for the new players or not, if it's not fun, telling them they need to grind gear for a year before even doing any of those events is not going to help. Oh, I like how you make it sound like making pvp skill based instead of gear based such a bad thing.

This game is p2w, and that is a matter of fact. That's their business model, I'm merely appealing to their money incentives by stating how new players are more likely to pay than people who are maxed out.

It's funny people still deny the game is dying when there are threads like The merging of Snowpine and Divine Overlook: Call and Discussion with no opposition at all, but only support from all the servers about how dead each server is due to low pop.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Sinneslust ().