f
s

Our Art Contest is Back!

• Mosy wrote:

did i win 10th place or no.. cause that pic is not mine :(
      Hello,

The Community Manager team confirmed that you won the 10th place of this contest (picture was updated) :).

Rewards should be sent later today at best, there will be an announcement on the official RO Discord server
      Join the community chat on Discord
      ---
      Venez discuter de Revelation Online sur Discord
      FR : Pensez à changer la langue du forum dans les paramètres de compte
      ro.my.com/forum/settings/
      ---
      Revelation Online Customer Support
    • kaminari11 wrote:

Mosy wrote:

Well it's fine. I think it was judge more by the community players. If players like loli drawings, then they will get more winning points.They only collected vote points from the discord.
      While others that crafted figurines with their hands and drawn full illustrations with background, get lowest or nothing.
      Well it's poorly judged but it's since no one from Mycom cares, these events don't even matter much.
      It's ok if you have 0 experience, even copied drawings can win in art contest.
      Collecting votes from discord is not something what the judges did(is what I can confirm myself). I've seen there're others artwork that got tons of like and love in discord but didn't even selected as in top ten. nyaoxneko didnt post his drawing in discord yet still able to get the 2nd place. I'm not a pro in art as I'm a self learner, vibe and emotions from the art is are something we shouldn't neglect. Although I may lack a lot of things in my drawing, but all I want is that for my audiences to feel the emotion and create their own imagination by just a glance on my art. Nevertheless, my hard work paid off. I give my gratitude to the judges for choosing my work although I personally thought that nyaoxneko would have gotten the first place but the decision is in the judges hands. Win and lose is a part of a game. To those who didn't win, there'll always be next time. Don't give up just because you didnt win this one contest. Life is like a wheel, there'll always be up and down. This time might be my lucky time but who knows you'll be chosen in the next contest? Have a nice day! :)
    • Bwakebulleo wrote:

kaminari11 wrote:

Mosy wrote:

Well it's fine. I think it was judge more by the community players. If players like loli drawings, then they will get more winning points.They only collected vote points from the discord.While others that crafted figurines with their hands and drawn full illustrations with background, get lowest or nothing.
      Well it's poorly judged but it's since no one from Mycom cares, these events don't even matter much.
      Collecting votes from discord is not something what the judges did(is what I can confirm myself). I've seen there're others artwork that got tons of like and love in discord but didn't even selected as in top ten. nyaoxneko didnt post his drawing in discord yet still able to get the 2nd place. I'm not a pro in art as I'm a self learner, vibe and emotions from the art is are something we shouldn't neglect. Although I may lack a lot of things in my drawing, but all I want is that for my audiences to feel the emotion and create their own imagination by just a glance on my art. Nevertheless, my hard work paid off. I give my gratitude to the judges for choosing my work although I personally thought that nyaoxneko would have gotten the first place but the decision is in the judges hands. Win and lose is a part of a game. To those who didn't win, there'll always be next time. Don't give up just because you didnt win this one contest. Life is like a wheel, there'll always be up and down. This time might be my lucky time but who knows you'll be chosen in the next contest? Have a nice day! :)
      I actually spoke with a GM on discord and they said it was voted on what they liked. They had 100 entries and they gave point per
      drawings which means whatever the GMs liked specially lolis or female bewbs first those people will win more points.
      The voting boot wasn't made on how pretty your drawing is, it was made of what the gms liked if you actually checked all 10 drawings.

And moving on. I think first place here should have been won by Kisaras figurines which you also can see and feel she put a lot of work into
      crafting them. Followed by the user who painted the beautiful scenery on canvas. It's the people who can make something real with
      experience on hand and beautiful that deserve to be on top.

Honestly I don't see anything on nyaoxneko drawing. She added too much effects on it and if you try to understand it,
      it's merely a simple drawing of a character with spammed brush wings. But it made the judges like it because it looks like a posessed loli :).
      No offense to nyaoxneko.

Well the fault was the contest didn't had a theme. Good luck to you next year then I'll quit here.
    • I'm sorry I didn't do well enough. I have college so I tried to work with the best I could, which was a sort of abstract art I recreated of my character on Revelation. I honestly didn't expect to win even 10th place, becoming 2nd was a shock to me and thank you for your criticism, kaminari11. I feel that it's really weak of me to feel hurt/put down but I've always had an insecurity of my art. Drawing has been the only thing I've ever tried to do but the truth is I'm not really good at anything. I'm sorry for the disappointment to everyone.

kaminari11 wrote:

Bwakebulleo wrote:

kaminari11 wrote:

Well it's fine. I think it was judge more by the community players. If players like loli drawings, then they will get more winning points.They only collected vote points from the discord.While others that crafted figurines with their hands and drawn full illustrations with background, get lowest or nothing.Well it's poorly judged but it's since no one from Mycom cares, these events don't even matter much.
      I actually spoke with a GM on discord and they said it was voted on what they liked. They had 100 entries and they gave point perdrawings which means whatever the GMs liked specially lolis or female bewbs first those people will win more points.
      The voting boot wasn't made on how pretty your drawing is, it was made of what the gms liked if you actually checked all 10 drawings.

And moving on. I think first place here should have been won by Kisaras figurines which you also can see and feel she put a lot of work into
      crafting them. Followed by the user who painted the beautiful scenery on canvas. It's the people who can make something real with
      experience on hand and beautiful that deserve to be on top.

Honestly I don't see anything on nyaoxneko drawing. She added too much effects on it and if you try to understand it,
      it's merely a simple drawing of a character with spammed brush wings. But it made the judges like it because it looks like a posessed loli :).
      No offense to nyaoxneko.

Well the fault was the contest didn't had a theme. Good luck to you next year then I'll quit here.
    • Bwakebulleo wrote:

kaminari11 wrote:

Mosy wrote:

Well it's fine. I think it was judge more by the community players. If players like loli drawings, then they will get more winning points.They only collected vote points from the discord.While others that crafted figurines with their hands and drawn full illustrations with background, get lowest or nothing.
      Also omg Bwakebulleo, I am in shock you thought I would get 1st. Your art is spectacular and I absolutely loved the story you added with it. Congratulations on first place! (Also to anyone viewing that didn't win, you did amazing. I think art is subjective; one painting someone likes might be a no for some and vice versa. Everyone has their own style and can learn how to improve their technique with practice so don't give up !)
    • Hello,

nyaoXneko wrote:

I'm not really good at anything. I'm sorry for the disappointment to everyone.
      You are placed 2nd over a lot (CM talked about 100 entries) of other participants, you don't have to be sorry if your work was valued by the jury.

Congratulation to all the winners, and there will be more contests to get more rewards in the future ;).
      Join the community chat on Discord
      ---
      Venez discuter de Revelation Online sur Discord
      FR : Pensez à changer la langue du forum dans les paramètres de compte
      ro.my.com/forum/settings/
      ---
      Revelation Online Customer Support
    • Gladia wrote:

Hello,

nyaoXneko wrote:

I'm not really good at anything. I'm sorry for the disappointment to everyone.
      You are placed 2nd over a lot (CM talked about 100 entries) of other participants, you don't have to be sorry if your work was valued by the jury.
      Congratulation to all the winners, and there will be more contests to get more rewards in the future ;).
      Awww thank you so much for your words; it really means a lot. I sometimes am hard on myself but I'm so very honored to have been chosen for second place. Thank you so much again for the opportunity !