f
s

Should i come back?

• NicknameOfMyChoice. wrote:

@Lyosha

So you're okay with people wasting their time for no reason? If you're seeing someone who's about to get hit by a car you're not pulling him back?

Seriously Lyoha be honest with yourself and with other people. I check the forum once or twice a day, takes me 1 min to see if i have notifications.

In RO stuff will change only when the higher ups won't make enough money anymore. If you want to see change you would behave more like me than being TOO optimistic.
      No I don't see the game as a waste of time. Yes, this game isn't for everyone which obviously includes you. But how much is a couple weeks of playing a game for free really costing you to try it out and see if you like it or not? This game is FREE to try, and it's your own fault if you drop money on it before learning if you like it or not. Chances are you were just going to play any mmo in that same amount of time you put on Revelation and that really isn't any more productive they playing Revelation. So if you don't like it, great move on and try something else. Games should be enjoyable for those playing it and personally I still find the game an enjoyable pastime.

Unless you are out to make a career out of streaming or guide writing or something else game involved this is something you are doing for fun. You can't make up other people's minds on what they find fun or not. Answer their question and let them make up their own mind before you shove your opinion down their throat. The community is (mostly) old enough to form their own opinions give them the respect to do that.

Is this game perfect? Hardly. I am very much well aware of its flaws and have posted on the forums and used the feedback methods to give suggestions and try to give information to fix bugs. Do I expect it to change? Nope not all. But in the meantime I can enjoy what is available and give back to the community who does want to stick around and try it out. That isn't optimism, but is at least respectful.

• You're a bit dense aren't you?

1. I liked the game that's why i even spent money back in the day.

2. RO is actually the only MMO i played in the last 3 years, so no, i wasn't going to play something else.

3. When you answer someone's questions you're supposed to show both good and bad sides. You showed the good, i showed the bad. Is it had to understand? Just because i have a different opinion than you do doesn't mean i'm wrong.

4. "Do I expect it to change? Nope not all." This is the biggest issue and please read carefully and try to understand my point of view. RO at the end of the day is a business. My.com makes money by selling currency to its players. If the game makes a profit nothing will change because there's no reason to do so. They might make a new server or merge servers because this takes little to no effort at all so the amount of money that gets invested is tiny compared to the revenue.

Having a player base that's small and content with the game it's in their favor. People are content with the state of the game, they defend it and they'll spend money once in a while.

If the player base was small but people were angry about the state o the game my.com would be forced to fix the issues, otherwise they wouldn't make any more money and no money=bad

We the players have way more power over the game than most people think. I'm sure you've heard of the recentish loot boxes backlash. People changed the way a game is monetized. And i could give you a lot more examples where the backlash from the community forced the publisher to change some aspects of the game.

You said it yourself, you're not expecting it to change and i'm sure you also find it frustrating that stuff isn't being changed. The sad thing is that nothing will change if our voices aren't loud enough.

Believe me or not, all i wanted was to play the game i played 1 year ago on the server where i invested time and money. At the moment it's impossible without some overhauls from my.com.

You're a bit dense aren't you?

1. I liked the game that's why i even spent money back in the day.

2. RO is actually the only MMO i played in the last 3 years, so no, i wasn't going to play something else.

3. When you answer someone's questions you're supposed to show both good and bad sides. You showed the good, i showed the bad. Is it had to understand? Just because i have a different opinion than you do doesn't mean i'm wrong.

4. "Do I expect it to change? Nope not all." This is the biggest issue and please read carefully and try to understand my point of view. RO at the end of the day is a business. My.com makes money by selling currency to its players. If the game makes a profit nothing will change because there's no reason to do so. They might make a new server or merge servers because this takes little to no effort at all so the amount of money that gets invested is tiny compared to the revenue.

Having a player base that's small and content with the game it's in their favor. People are content with the state of the game, they defend it and they'll spend money once in a while.

If the player base was small but people were angry about the state o the game my.com would be forced to fix the issues, otherwise they wouldn't make any more money and no money=bad

We the players have way more power over the game than most people think. I'm sure you've heard of the recentish loot boxes backlash. People changed the way a game is monetized. And i could give you a lot more examples where the backlash from the community forced the publisher to change some aspects of the game.

You said it yourself, you're not expecting it to change and i'm sure you also find it frustrating that stuff isn't being changed. The sad thing is that nothing will change if our voices aren't loud enough.

Believe me or not, all i wanted was to play the game i played 1 year ago on the server where i invested time and money. At the moment it's impossible without some overhauls from my.com.
      u are definitely entitled to ur opinion even tho i will disagree with most of it. a small player base thats content is not in their favor and no they will never be forced to fix issues. like u said its a business u were making 100k a month then u messed up and now ur only making 10k a month. u try a whole bunch of things but ur mess up is now spread by word of mouth like ur doing. u cant increase ur income, no money=bad=shutdown. its wat u said there are 2 sides to everything just cause u think theyll go for 1 solution doesnt mean they cant choose the 2nd one. so y are we as players in a free game trying to push them to choose?
    • @Spur

Because if we don't force a change nothing will happen. The game will slowly die.

A change >could< revitalize the game.

And what do i mean by a change?
      Easy:
      Fix the monetization .
      Fix the translation, missing texts and wonky phrasing.
      Fix bugs
      Advertise. I've seen some people from the staff claiming they actually do advertise but i think they're doing it in the wrong place. Focus on YouTube and Twitch. Get some popular streamers to play the game and give them some codes for some giveaway. You know, like they did with the beta keys. They just have to re-do all of that after they fixed the stuff.

If they check all those boxes i guarantee that the population will go back up.

Do you honestly believe that they will change any of that if people are just meek and content? Community backlash changes a lot more things than you believe.

Also the game isn't free, you spend your time playing it. Is your time totally free? Don't you deserve better? A lot of people decided they want better and they left. If RO wants to survive it needs to get better.
    • Since this is getting a bit off point @NicknameOfMyChoice.

Display Spoiler

Yes, I get it. Although I don't believe you showed the negative points. You just told them to leave with no reason why the game is disappointing. Similar to how I didn't show any positives. I just told them which NA server was the biggest out of the three.

As to your point 4. Yes I understand that this is a business. At the same time I also know how much complaining to your big chain grocery store about them not carrying a specific brand of eggs or whatever isn't going to really get a reaction to your complaints either. The store manager gives you some platitudes about seeing what they can do and nothing happens. Sound familiar? Your complaints and rebellions on the forums get the attentions of mods. They maybe pass this info along to the next person on the chain, but in the end the big decision makers for the game don't get majority of the suggestions and advice the players give to the company. They already have plans made about what is going to happen with game next and have their own ranking on what's important that may not match the player base's opinions.

I honestly don't see how driving away new players is going to fix things. From a very obvious past pattern, from multiple mmo's I have played over the last 7 years, I have seen more publishers drop active effort on a game to push a new game instead to get top profit and leave the old game as overworked cash cows hoping to milk out those few last dollars rather then actively invest in fixing things. I would think it would be more productive to prove to them that people are actively interested in the game and that it is worth investing time and money into their product. Just like any store, you don't keep stocking that crappy product that no one ever buys. You replace it with a new better product that brings people in. To me your actions seem to say more 'kid throwing a tantrum to try to get a candy bar from mom/dad' then anything productive to the game or getting any sort of actual change.

I agree with what you say about the changes they should make they have a good base game to build off especially if they can fix the general cleanup that is still left around (translations, missing text, content gaps (immortal annex evaluator and lost hyphean have been around since release but we still have no clue what they are for really). And the fact that their active player base doesn't even see their ads? That sounds highly suspect, but its their own ship to sink.

Am I content with the game? No, but I have yet to meet an MMO that makes me 100% happy in everything. That is impossible to create because as soon as I am completely happy someone else is upset. I am actually trying to push for change, but again I choose not to do it as the kid throwing a fit. Maybe your way works, but having come from a game where the player base (myself included) spent a good 5 years trying that method and seeing absolutely no effect from it I have my doubts.

Finally how I value the things I spend my freetime doing is different than you. As I repeatedly said in the past post. People can make up their own minds on if what they are spending time (and/or money on) is worth it. I find it worth enough to spend time on but not money, and that's my opinion. When I find something I value more then what RO gives me then I too will be gone and onto the next game. I've done it before, and will do it again in the future. Games don't last forever, some just have shorter shelf lives because they are managed poorly and ignore the important player feedback: kid throwing the fit and the kid that isn't be damned.

• Well i don't know where you live but in my country if something bad happens we protest until the bad stuff gets fixed.

And this kind of stuff works... Bungie/Activision, EA are perfect examples of some huge companies having to chnge stuff because the player
      base throwed a fit :)

On the other hand we have Obsidian, Warhorse, Larian, InXile all of which put the playerbase first, listened to their demands and created some of the best games in recent times.

Yes sometimes players will complain about silly stuff like the roundness of an egg, but other times people will complain about stuff that truly hurts the playerbase and yet the publisher refuses to do anything because there are still a few loyal people.

Oh and btw, people were asking nicely to change and fix stuff ever since the game was in beta and nobody listened, don't you think that method is pretty ineffective?

@Spur

Because if we don't force a change nothing will happen. The game will slowly die.

A change >could< revitalize the game.

And what do i mean by a change?
      Easy:
      Fix the monetization .
      Fix the translation, missing texts and wonky phrasing.
      Fix bugs
      Advertise. I've seen some people from the staff claiming they actually do advertise but i think they're doing it in the wrong place. Focus on YouTube and Twitch. Get some popular streamers to play the game and give them some codes for some giveaway. You know, like they did with the beta keys. They just have to re-do all of that after they fixed the stuff.

If they check all those boxes i guarantee that the population will go back up.

Do you honestly believe that they will change any of that if people are just meek and content? Community backlash changes a lot more things than you believe.

Also the game isn't free, you spend your time playing it. Is your time totally free? Don't you deserve better? A lot of people decided they want better and they left. If RO wants to survive it needs to get better.
      lets not talk about the game and just talk about change. every time something changes a group will like it and a group will hate it. the people still in the game obviously still like it. changing will have a chance in bringing new / older players back but it will also have a chance in killing its remaining population. im not saying change is bad but it definitely cannot be in huge leaps as ur suggesting.

Sooo people like incomplete&botched translation, bugs and dodgy monetization? Are you working at EA or something? I'm not asking for gameplay changes.
      i personally find nuthin wrong with the current translations, will u find an error once in a while? sure... but enough to complain about it? definitely not. im f2p so i have no idea wat kinda bugs there are in the monetization or how u see it as dodgy. if ur just complaining about the coin to aurum ratio then no there is nuthin wrong with that either.
    • Oh boy i really didn't want to delve into this...

Did you know that there are blank spaces where text is supposed to be? Or that cutscenes are untranslated? Like it or not NO good game has such issues. Some of the best examples of translations done right are The Witcher and Metro series. One was translated from polish and the other one from Ukrainian. No missing text no cutscenes without subtitles and the quality of the translation isn't as if it was done by google translate.

Why does it matter? Well it is a sign of respect and dedication towards the players and well, chances are that English is the second or third language for most of us. A bad translation makes it harder for a non-native speaker to actually understand what's going on.

Punctuation matters, capitalization matters, grammar matters.

Bugs are also important. Every single bug matters.

Monetization. Like it or not the game is pay to win. If it makes you feel better we can call it pay to progress but that's just another way to describe pay to win. Why does it matter? Because people have standards. People left the game in hordes due to the way the game was monetized.

People will support games with consumer friendly monetization and they'll stop supporting games with dodgy monetization. Sure there are always whales which will support the game, but without a behavior that's friendly towards the average consumer those whales will end up playing a mostly deserted game.

If you need more proof that Mail.ru (company mother for my.com) is killing games with their monetization take a look at.

Armored Warfare. The game is dead. The publisher wanted a World of Tanks clone, Obsidian wanted something else. Guess what happened? Obsidian stopped working on the game in 2017.

Armored Warfare: What Went Wrong : ArmoredWarfare

ArcheAge. Mail.ru is the publisher for the game in Russia. The monetization was so bad that they received massive backlash from the community.
      ArcheAge – Russian publisher agrees to revamp business model | MMO Culture

Allods Online. The cash shop was such a blatant cashgrab that they had to actually lower prices. The harm was already done tho and the game lost a lot of people.
      Allods Online - Wikipedia
      or you can read reviews on Steam
      store.steampowered.com/app/459160/Allods_Online_Mycom/

SkyForge. Had a lot of potential but the game was kinda abandoned by its developers. What made the game unique was removed, pay to win elements and guess what, the game is another one of those with very small communities

store.steampowered.com/app/414530/Skyforge/

What's the issue holding back Skyforge? : Skyforge

Warface. Another Pay to Win game published by mail.ru.

store.steampowered.com/app/291480/Warface/
      The devs were "buying" positive reviews on steam.

Crytek Turkey Pays In-Game Money to Players for Positive Reviews : Steam

That's 5 games published by the same company and all of them are known for bad monetization. Revelation Online is the sixth. Are you honestly going to Revelation is the sole exception?

Totally expecting my post to be deleted due to the amount of dirt in it.
    • well i can definitely tell u chinese to english is way harder than polish/ukrainian to english. i personally dont see it as much of a problem but if u wanna complain about it i wont stop u.

this game is p2w i have always stated that since the game came out, i dont believe in that p2progress nonsense. its just a term to make p2w people who dont see themselves as whales feel better for paying. changing this now however will instantly kill the game. not only did all the people who hated p2w mostly quit by now ur trying to make things cheaper to make all the whales feel like theyve been cheated and quit as well. who are u gonna be left with?
    • after 1+ year of playing daily to do all event to raise one char, how many will start from zero, thats what you should ask yourself.

its a paradox, but only a vertical progress can realign things, it will make all whales to quit tho, so not gonna happen.
    • @Spur

You're a bit dense aren't you?

IF my.com/mail.ru stops being greedy and fixes everything then new players will join the new server that has fair monetization. The game is good, the way it's being managed sucks. If that changes there's no reason not to give RO a try.

Think of it as a second launch . There's also a shortage of decent newish MMOs at the moment so the timing would be perfect.

Revelation 2.0. Fair cash shop, no bugs, good translation. People would come in hordes.
      And if you don't believe this you just have to think about march last year. People >wanted< this game really badly.

@Lies

So people don't want to start from zero again, eh? Well that's exactly what someone recommended me. "Ditch your progress on Tidewater and join Emolion"

I'm not going to join another server unless there are some major changes.
    • well to be honest i wouldnt start another server no matter wat changed. i agreed with u that it is a p2w game so u should know how difficult it was for me to progress a year+ as f2p. i am not willing to let my time, hard work, watever u wanna call it just disappear. even if i got an equiv powered char on the new server it just wouldnt have the same kind of accomplishment. i play games as f2p cause of that sole purpose, to become #1 f2p and to feel i accomplished more than any other person in the game.

getting things for cheaper or getting handouts would anger the p2w and would also make people like me upset. its like working a job for a year then ur coworker that got fired and went on vacation for a year got the same pay as u thru unemployment.
    • @Spur

The issue is that if nothing change the game will keep losing players. Think of it as a severe infection. You can cut the leg and the rest of the body will survive or let the leg intact and the infection will spread everywhere until the body dies.

At the moment there it's impossible to fix the game without making some sacrifices.

Either way, no worries, my.com/mail.ru won't do anything to fix the game. They didn't fix any of their previous games, no chance in hell they'll fix this one.