f
s

Recommendation to Netease/Mycom

• Recommendation to Netease/Mycom

You need to market and advertise the game a lot better. With Bless coming out this month a few people will leave RO and test that game out, with the population we have at the moment and after Bless i don't see how the Imperial War will be implemented.

Spend some of the thousands/millions that you earned within the release of the game to spend some on advertisements or sponsorship through the community in order to promote positive advertisement for the game.
      E.G, sponsor some people for making videos on the game with in-game currency or items, currently there is no revenue to be made for making a video on RO but if i was sponsored to get some items/coins and not a temporary costume then i would make some videos myself, but currently it's not worth doing due to the negative publicity around RO.
      Sponsor players to stream the game on twitch, personally i think you should focus on YouTube videos but twitch can be good, the more the better.

We need more people playing the game to keep the sense of competition alive, and i believe after Bless comes then a lot of people will join back to RO and if RO can show it's progressing through videos/updates then people will come back.
      It makes economic sense to focus on bringing back old players after the release of Bless and then to focus on new players through advertisements.

Also another thing for new players, is to improve the catch-up mechanics, let players get to lvl 69/79 quicker so that end game content can be reached, we all mostly play for end game content and not waiting 1 month to get there.

Furthermore, if the "p2w" players are no longer playing, then please rethink the cash shop prices, glass firestones are ridiculously overpriced and the whole shop could do with a revamp to make it more attractive to spend money in game.

Lastly, keep up with the updates and inform us of what updates we are due to get, leaving players in the unknown is not best in my opinion.

Anyways, take the advice or not, I have been playing the game since it came out and i know the community/game.

TLDR:

Advertise more.
      Sponsor players to make videos/streams.
      Inform the community better on future updates to come.
      Improve catch-up mechanics.
      Rethink Cash shop prices.

Thanks for reading! ^^
    • While I very much so feel the need to agree with this post, I feel that content creators doings something for a return investment will get the game any sort of publicity not ONLY good publicity. Current creators such as myself and others stream on twitch and advertise the game and our stream on facebook twitter and other media sources and pull people in via our content that we strive to do our utmost sincere work on. I say this and it may sound that if you are motivated by money or items u won't do a good job; however that is not the case, what I am saying is that many are currently putting there all in for there own enjoyment of what they do and of the game itself.
      Now with that said I agree wholeheartedly we need a sort of catchup mechanic to help players hit lvl 79 and 80 skill cultivationsto have in open world for pvp. The bg aspect and issue is fine due to the battleground skillset, however you still need those cultivations 'n levels for Starshatter, TW and GVG (GD/WT).
      There are some things that catchup mechanics wont help as much with however which is okay. as that will seperate the players who are hardcore and have the time to Grind the different vs the players who have been playing a long while and lost the interest to grind and make up for said 'lost time'.

Sometimes a Community of mods, especially in a situation like My.com is with NETease; doesn't always know in advance as they wish to what patches are when.... so this is hard to provide most times in advance(coming from a head dev and community lead of many past projects some big some small) sometimes your only given what you need to know untill 1 or 2 days Prior this giving a larger heads up can be hard.

The cash shop does need a slight improvement for finding things... I will agree since the Caps lock case specific search in game feature is also included in the search in cash shop currently; A colour scheme change would be nice as well if time permits. However also speaking from an outside perspectyive our publishers here that are hosting this game for us are not always capable of enforcing these things happen.

and as per your cash shop prices that are honestly fine as some things ingame are quite rare or meant to be and those rarities ingame prices depend on the cash shop prices of said items in order to not crash in the AH and market...they should stay as is in my oppinion

MY TLDR is as follows:
      Push advertising however not neccessarily through the use of items or money
      Catchup mechanic improvements
      Inform the community more on what you know and don't ahead of time
      Cash shop search feature (MAYBE Colour scheme) hotfixes
    • Finally one of your player takes care of your future.
      I played skyforge for 2 years, Now i am a RO player and want to stay on your good game who was well done.
      U have many new MMO to fight against.
      Take Care of us. We want to stay.
      Don't destroy RO like u did with Skyfirge.
      Xoxo.
      Shiry (Moonsea)
    • Everything sounds good i would just add

Release more cosmetic content and stop recycling old via the webshop
      Improved BG matchmaking something other than just sorting classes maybe sort by might or add a rating system like the arena has and sort that way (i know this one is very unlikely)

~Vosiler~
    • u_18571975 wrote:

Cash shop search feature (MAYBE Colour scheme) hotfixes
      except there is a search function ther already.

btw they arent getting any hint, they only care for 50 players, and the pvp event shows this, they wrote that the event was too hard, but that the precedent was too easy, heck, how many did even got to rank 5 ? and 7? and 10 ?

i surely have less time than most people here, but unless you are heavily geared or playing since the beginning, i doubt you can get there.

now that apply to everything they do, and it shows a lot, so what to do for the game to be better ?

change mentality.

doable? yes
      will do? never
    • many people play mmos for competition. it can be skill, knowledge, time, patience, efficiency etc etc but when its wallet it usually doesnt survive. once Bless arrives even if i dont wanna play it there will be no one left in RO to play with. ive had a year of fun competing as f2p and i knew the time will eventually come. just prepare for the worst and hope for the best, theres really nuthin they would be willing to do that will change it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Spur ().

• Also another thing that might help is if the game was made to be more Small/Medium guild friendly right now theres really no point being in one of the smaller guilds you might as well be in one of the 2/3 biggest guilds and that kinda kills pvp competition

~Vosiler~
    • Vosiler wrote:

Also another thing that might help is if the game was made to be more Small/Medium guild friendly right now theres really no point being in one of the smaller guilds you might as well be in one of the 2/3 biggest guilds and that kinda kills pvp competition
      The game is designed to be small guild unfriendly. You are playing in a MMO after all., therefore I highly doubt this will happen.

Raids: 10-20 ppl. GL forming that within your guild.
      TW: GL gaining a base against guilds of 50-100 people.
      Imperial War: Its going to be 500 vs 500 Server vs Server week long event. You will not likely take part of that as a small guild.
      Late on, guild base pirate invasions: your guild loses resources if you cannot beat the invasion. GL when you can barely have 10-20 people online.

When you consider many of the end game content, the game pushes you to be in a big guild, and makes it hard for a small guild to stay around.
      Red text: My moderator alter ego in action. PAY attention !!
      Check out our guides
      Scene Chronicles - Pictorial Guide (WIP)

iNoob (17 Members)

Never feel like a noob when you're in iNoob.

• AttacKat wrote:

Imperial War: Its going to be 500 vs 500 Server vs Server week long event. You will not likely take part of that as a small guild.
      Wait.. what it have to do be small, mid or big if the limit is 500v500? It's like a bigger BG... or not?

AttacKat wrote:

Late on, guild base pirate invasions: your guild loses resources if you cannot beat the invasion. GL when you can barely have 10-20 people online.
      How does this work exactly? It sound fun

BryanFury - Clan Leader | Forum | Facebook |
    • Arkas wrote:

Pressed SKIP after playing CB1 and CB2 cause most people saw it comming that My.com is killing RO. I hope that Bless will deliver and if I were you I wouldnt put much hope in My.com/RO anymore.
      Bless is already dead. As a player that played since the CBT KR until it closed and failed.... i can say that it is a dead corpse trying to be resurrected as an undead creature.

• So the thing I don't get is, that we had server merge in EU and then we added more servers ?! Wait why...

Why don't we just have ONE Eu server and maybe two NA servers (not sure about population is there) just like in B&S ?

This Cross server thing is pointless, it works maybe in China with 10000 servers, but not in EU and people are more spread.

This should fix maybe little bit the population issue we have and will have when some *cough* other games come and out people go to play them.

• Bryan Fury wrote:

Arkas wrote:

Pressed SKIP after playing CB1 and CB2 cause most people saw it comming that My.com is killing RO. I hope that Bless will deliver and if I were you I wouldnt put much hope in My.com/RO anymore.
      Bless is already dead. As a player that played since the CBT KR until it closed and failed.... i can say that it is a dead corpse trying to be resurrected as an undead creature.
      And do you expect RO will get any better in the next 5 months?
      Look at how many people already left Moonsea server, Bryan, the only ones remaining are the whales
      that payed, so they can't afford to quit the game yet. And they are pvping between themselves.
      We don't even have cross-server with Tidewater cause that one is completely dead server. Bots are lurking around still, while Mycom waiting for a coffee on their table.
      As far as I checked Bless doesn't seem bad, and not slow combat at all. The hardcore guilds that were on Moonsea have already said they are gonna start on that game for massive faction pvp, Na will follow along as well.

I don't wanna say anything bad but we are back to 0 point, where nothing is happening on RO anymore.
      We don't have the in game festival events, they promise for new patch release but they never bring it on time,
      we don't get any information about bugs.
      Poor loot drops, in dungeons as always the same, I would actually wanna see better loot at least in Hard mode dungeons,
      and Expert more 1* and 2*, higher lv players and already geared have no reason to participate in these, only if you want to sidekick,
      for a few demonslayer points.
      I understand you can't alter code, because you need to ask Netsea first. And with Netsea only
      caring about moving patches on their retail, who do you think will keep your player base alive?!

Just some information every month on patches would be useful! At least communicate with your playerbase. Show us you care about us.
      Show us you don't care just for our money, but you actually wanna keep us enjoying the game.
    • Bryan Fury wrote:

My translation from patch note from an year ago ... 3/15/17 patch ...公会强盗入侵 - ty.163.com/news/notice/2017/03/15/15131_677502.html

Guild base pirate invasion
      • - Base = Lv 3 and higher
      • - Trigger = 12pm-23pm, on the hour (higher chance at night hours)
      • - Will not trigger for guild lower the 30% active, or less then 10 ppl on line.
      • - Once triggers, fix numbers of flags in capture the flag style game play against pirates, Lv 40s and higher can take part
      • - Against pirate boss, get chest loot, can loot 2 chests a day
      • - Win against boss, chances of 2ppl mount or pcs to make mount (Bone Steed)
      • - Duration = 20 mins, must remove ALL flags, pirates, or guild will lose resources
      • - If kills everything in 20 mins, get huge pirate chest loot, containing small chest loot and other junk
      • - Invasion can only be triggered once per day
      It is possible there may be changes since then, but I didn't bother searching for later patch notes to verify.
      Red text: My moderator alter ego in action. PAY attention !!
      Check out our guides
      Scene Chronicles - Pictorial Guide (WIP)

iNoob (17 Members)

Never feel like a noob when you're in iNoob.

• AttacKat wrote:

Bryan Fury wrote:

My translation from patch note from an year ago ... 3/15/17 patch ...公会强盗入侵 - ty.163.com/news/notice/2017/03/15/15131_677502.html
      Guild base pirate invasion
      • - Base = Lv 3 and higher
      • - Trigger = 12pm-23pm, on the hour (higher chance at night hours)
      • - Will not trigger for guild lower the 30% active, or less then 10 ppl on line.
      • - Once triggers, fix numbers of flags in capture the flag style game play against pirates, Lv 40s and higher can take part
      • - Against pirate boss, get chest loot, can loot 2 chests a day
      • - Win against boss, chances of 2ppl mount or pcs to make mount (Bone Steed)
      • - Duration = 20 mins, must remove ALL flags, pirates, or guild will lose resources
      • - If kills everything in 20 mins, get huge pirate chest loot, containing small chest loot and other junk
      • - Invasion can only be triggered once per day
      It is possible there may be changes since then, but I didn't bother searching for later patch notes to verify.
      The invasion is trigghered the same way as the Clan bosses are? when 10+ members does clan stuff inside the clan base the invasion may trigger or... the invasion is system driven? I want to know more, please

• kaminari11 wrote:

As far as I checked Bless doesn't seem bad, and not slow combat at all. The hardcore guilds that were on Moonsea have already said they are gonna start on that game for massive faction pvp, Na will follow along as well.
      that is an Off Topic, but i must respond: You are all gonna be MUCH disappointed if you are hoping for Bless. I played it since it started with the CBT phases. Both the KR and the RU version. I know very well the game. It's dead. They killed it and the "new Bless" is gonna be a joke more than how it was lol...

• This thread is not about Bless guys, it's about MYCOM and Revelation Online, please keep it on topic, but yeah also i wanted to add, if they added something that we should of had with cross server which is the arena rewards of Ink Jades and White jades and seasonal rewards which are given to the top players every 3 months would actually invoke some competition and bring back players, but yeah we don't get no communication on any updates or progress.

It would be nice if they could use some of their money to hire more staff to actually keep this game healthy and alive like it should be, it's not a game made for a small player base.