f
s

Recommendation to Netease/Mycom

• Lyosha wrote:

So having talked more with the person doing the choosing on Darkfall at least, I was told that the "lottery" for who sits out is done before any bidding occurs. (However that choice happens, we are guessing winner sits out but can't confirm that at all yet and that might be easily disproved by the EU servers, but I don't have anyone there I know to talk to about it). Once the two teams are chosen then they can bid. The higher bidder is the attacker and the lower bidder defends first. You don't get a choice in who you are fighting then, just if you are attacking or defending first. I am not sure how servers leveling up affects this process yet.
      This needs to be explained/confirmed.
      When Snowpine won the bid last week, I was given 2 choices on who to fight. I chose DO so DF became the lucky server.
      If the lottery is chosen before the bidding, then I shouldn't have any choices on who to fight at all.
      This is inconsistent tho on 1st and 3rd week as DF only had 1 option which is DO.
      **my.com why**
    • Recomend to Netase/My.com wipe that server and give back packs and start that game again, with 1 Server NA and 1 EU than is possible people can play servers because now so boring play game with low ppl on server. i played DF,Snow,Divine and now emollion people are active only in wars .... impossible to run DG or start game when ure low level. :// (69 Divine, 62Snow, 69DF, 50Emolion (5day ago)

The post was edited 1 time, last by GoldenPhoe ().

• GoldenPhoe wrote:

Recomend to Netase/My.com wipe that server and give back packs and start that game again, with 1 Server NA and 1 EU than is possible people can play servers because now so boring play game with low ppl on server. i played DF,Snow,Divine and now emollion people are active only in wars .... impossible to run DG or start game when ure low level. :// (69 Divine, 62Snow, 69Divine, 50Emolion (5day ago)
      This has been suggested a couple times by other players and to summarize what has been said: Yes some players would like that and it could draw in some new players, but you would also drive out a huge section of the active players as well. I do not want to re-level and re-gear my characters so other players can have a fresh start and many many others feel the same way. Just because you wipe the servers and start the game again does not mean you will draw a large amount of new players to the game. It does nothing to address underlying problems with the game that have kept the player base low and has provided little new players.

• Lyosha wrote:

GoldenPhoe wrote:

Recomend to Netase/My.com wipe that server and give back packs and start that game again, with 1 Server NA and 1 EU than is possible people can play servers because now so boring play game with low ppl on server. i played DF,Snow,Divine and now emollion people are active only in wars .... impossible to run DG or start game when ure low level. :// (69 Divine, 62Snow, 69Divine, 50Emolion (5day ago)
      This has been suggested a couple times by other players and to summarize what has been said: Yes some players would like that and it could draw in some new players, but you would also drive out a huge section of the active players as well. I do not want to re-level and re-gear my characters so other players can have a fresh start and many many others feel the same way. Just because you wipe the servers and start the game again does not mean you will draw a large amount of new players to the game. It does nothing to address underlying problems with the game that have kept the player base low and has provided little new players.

it is not only you wipe, it is you to join 3 servers in 1 server and to make that server to run with a quantity superior to those that are active and empty, it is no use you to have 3 server in a region being that the 3 does not have vast popularity of players active or close and makes a fresh start Bless Online did or joins 3 and makes a great popularity of player play together and creates a server for new players
    • GoldenPhoe wrote:

Bless Online did or joins 3 and makes a great popularity of player play together and creates a server for new players
      Bless is a fail game that failed 3 times (KR, RU and JP) AND failed once more in EU/NA. it passed from 40.000 players in total as a peak to a max of 4.000 within ALL the servers.

Don't mention it here. It have nothing to do with RO.

BryanFury - Clan Leader | Forum | Facebook |
    • Bryan Fury wrote:

GoldenPhoe wrote:

Bless Online did or joins 3 and makes a great popularity of player play together and creates a server for new players
      Bless is a fail game that failed 3 times (KR, RU and JP) AND failed once more in EU/NA. it passed from 40.000 players in total as a peak to a max of 4.000 within ALL the servers.
      Don't mention it here. It have nothing to do with RO.
      Like Revelation Online, max player now 1k ...
    • GoldenPhoe wrote:

Bryan Fury wrote:

GoldenPhoe wrote:

Bless is a fail game that failed 3 times (KR, RU and JP) AND failed once more in EU/NA. it passed from 40.000 players in total as a peak to a max of 4.000 within ALL the servers.Don't mention it here. It have nothing to do with RO.
      Like Revelation Online, max player now 1k ...
      RO didn't failed at all and it's patches that will have to come will makes the game better and better. I have been following the CN version since it came out 2+y ago and with time i'm pretty sure that it will get more and more players with time.

Bless failed after 7 days. Can't compare at all lol.

BryanFury - Clan Leader | Forum | Facebook |
    • GoldenPhoe wrote:

it is not only you wipe, it is you to join 3 servers in 1 server and to make that server to run with a quantity superior to those that are active and empty, it is no use you to have 3 server in a region being that the 3 does not have vast popularity of players active or close and makes a fresh start Bless Online did or joins 3 and makes a great popularity of player play together and creates a server for new players
      Alright, I guess I will go more in depth . . .

Server merge would completely remove the Imperial War content.

Since you have two level 69 characters I don't know how much you have explored this new content, but personally I have spent some time exploring what this means for the game. Same as you, I play a level 69 character. Before the ImpWar content I could get, at most, 9 badge fragments a week from the guardian shop/pvp shop and that was ONLY if I got the final reward for both PvP and Demonslayers. I had recently gotten a level 4 badge and was working on collecting fragments for the level 5. Level 5 badges take 243 Badge Fragments. Minus the 81 from my current badge, if I got all nine badge fragments each week it would take me 18 weeks to get my level 5 badge. This also wasn't even possible because the merit plates for upgrading to level 5 badges are in the ImpWar system not with the other vendors. If they were added to pvp/demonslayer vendors it would have taken me an additional 54 weeks to get a level 6 badge. That is over a year of time. All of during which I wouldn't be able to buy rune boxes because they would extend the time it took to get my badge. (Keep in mind this is without purchasing fragments from other players). With the ImpWar content you can get 20 badge fragments a week without too much of a struggle accessing mostly the pve content or by joining a raid doing pvp and hiding towards the back while getting kill counts. On weeks you are sitting out you can still easily get 10+ badge fragments from the inactive team rewards and still have points left over for other things. Let's say I get 15 badge fragments a week between my old options and the new impwars. This takes about 32 weeks which is a significant time drop. As it is I am got about 20 this week alone which drops me to 24 weeks which is half the time it did previously.

This is just one reason why multiple servers are needed for this game to function. Other things you should consider that I won't go in depth into include social aspects. Each server has a different social environment and players that don't like a server can switch to a different one instead. To directly quote someone who switched from darkfall to snowpine "But snowpine is more fun cuz is casual" Having more hardcore or more casual servers can draw in different people to the game.

Server reset doesn't treat underlying issues

As it stands Revelation has ongoing issues and problems that simply resetting everything will not fix. People are still reporting issues with cross server BG. There are other smaller, less impactful bugs hanging around as well such as the teleport to dungeon function (that blue icon that shows up when your party enters a dungeon) doesn't work for I believe all of the dungeons related to ToP (Trial, Hard, Challenge). Voice acting for all cutscenes is heavily missing for a lot of content such as Scenic Chronicles. Some game functions still haven't been added in even though parts have been there since release such as Lost Hyphanea (WTH is this???) and the Immortal Annex Questioner (the trial questions are there but the rest of the Sunday event doesn't work). While I will be the first to say that the game has HEAVILY improved from closed beta or even the first weeks of open beta, new players experiencing this game without the knowledge of the heavily buggy, poorly translated, broken game we started with will be more turned off by this. This product isn't fully polished yet and still is obviously a beta game (even if things never go into full release anymore, this one feels more like a beta game then a "beta" game that is for all intent and purposes unofficially released).

Server reset effects the current players the most and doesn't help the new players at all

While a server reset may be very attractive to new players allowing them to join a game without feeling majorly behind and overwhelmed by an already established server this very much negatively impacts current players along with only providing the illusion of equal standing with new players. Take for instance the 'whale' players. Some of these players have spent thousands of dollars on this game over the course of the year, some a couple hundred. If you were to wipe all of their progress and offer little in the way of compensation then you will have angered a lot of your money making players and pushed them away from the game. Offering them incentives for staying through a reset would only encourage that gap between free playing and paying players to emerge much quicker. The gap between returning old players and new players coming for the reset would also be extremely obvious right away. As it stands I understand how to play both assassin and occultist pretty well and could easily pick up most of the other classes (with the exception of swordmage....we don't get along) without too much of a hassle because I have had time to learn the gameplay and how the classes work. Additionally I and other experienced players have extensive knowledge on what to focus on and what your goals should be for each day/week. It will take me a lot less time to get a well geared character as compared to a new player who starts at the same exact time even without a high level character to support a new character. It would take a couple weeks at most for very distinct categories to appear in the player base: P2W, F2P Old players, New players. As of right now if a new player were to join this game they could (if they found the right people) be easily helped and quickly geared to at least level 69 in the first month or so of playing. It is very easy for a group of 4 high levels to carry one new player through DS 3* and give the new player all the drops they get for making gear. This repeats itself for GB and MC. Having a group of high level well geared players also offers other benefits to the new player. It is much easier to carry a person through activities like ninefold or DA Boss farms activities that on a reset server wouldn't be happening because those old players are much more worried about getting their new character up to the old level it was at instead. While the gap may feel large to new players, having older established players around can actually be very helpful for them.

• GoldenPhoe wrote:

Having a server/game reset

To have a successful game reset there are a lot of factors that need to happen. It isn't just as simple as resetting everything merging it down to one server and selling it as a new start. The game needs to have significant revamps to draw in old players that walked away and to encourage new players who decided not to try it previously to try it now. Personally I don't follow the chinese release and reading poorly google translated russian/chinese information just makes my head hurt. But from what I understand there are some major changes coming to revelation that would improve the game. New Sulan is one of them in the works right now, but that may not be enough of a dramatic game change to be able to sell as a re-release. Bless Online as you compared to earlier, from what I understand made massive changes to their gameplay such as revamping the combat system. It is those types of massive overhauls that warrant a re-release, otherwise there isn't a huge draw for other players to try the game outside of "new server" style feel.

Old Server vs New Server

To address your final suggestion on merging the current servers and releasing a new server for new players, this again would not be a healthy suggestion for the game. To recap from some of the previous sections: Imperial Wars and Battlefield are Server vs Server areas. While it wouldn't be as hard for the new server in battlefield since they would be mixed in with the old server, they would be destroyed every week in Imperial Wars. This would slow their progress and discourage new players because no one likes being dead on the floor every time they want to pvp or participate in important content. Also they would still get some of the old players migrating to the new server, because yes some people like that draw of being first at things and a new server offers that. They would have that huge player gap between the new and old players. If there are no old players and it was just new players, they have no mentors to help the new players learn and grow. While there are more resources out there now, having old players to help show what is important in the game and give tips and tricks to being a better player makes new players better quicker. Yes they would get there eventually, but it could take them much longer. I played the closed beta and embarrassingly enough I spent my bronze shards on a purple gear set during one of them because I had no clue what I was doing. By the time open beta rolled around I knew that it was a stupid choice and didn't waste my bronze shards on that again. Other players will go through the same experiences (hopefully not by spending bronze shards on purple gear) and it takes time to figure out what's a stupid idea and what isn't.

Hopefully this gives you things to think about on why a game reset wouldn't be helpful to Revelation. I too want to see the game prosper and really do wish that there were more people, that the game was in a healthier place. However, resetting things to try to start again isn't the way to go (for now). PS I came with a warning label....and you totally triggered it, had to split my reply it was too long :D :D :D

• so sad this game, failure at another level. I was so hyped but the p2w ruined it all, i mean you can put p2w but EVERYTHING on cash shop?
      Bless another failure, MMO era is over :/

the moment you see refunding its very sad, you try to see a reason to come back all you read is "dont, go away never look back"
    • btw you should get by now that suggestion serve no purpose, i wrote some months ago how, with our low pop, we cant ever make it for the "big prize" in inner demon and how it would be nice if they thought of a way to make us able to achieve it (maybe lower by 1-2 wheels), you can guess what they did.

oh, we are also losing the forums shortly so we cant write anything anymore, good luck finding some info on a discord when you work 10h and come back to the mess of messages there will be
    • Hi all,

This is my opinion and recommendations about the game:

Graphics 9/10
      - Asian style
      - Beautiful landscapes
      - Numerous gestural expressions.
      - Nice visual effects in skills.

Opinion: Good graphics for this MMORPG style. Nothing to object.

Story 10/10
      - Good story
      - Nice cut scenes

Opinion: Nothing to object.

Languages 4/10
      - Different languages (without Spanish, currently the 2nd most spoken language)
      - Bad translation

Opinion: Even if there is no Spanish, you have to work in the oral dialogues and in the translation of subtitles in English. It would greatly improve the experience of game.

Character 8/10
      - High character edition
      - Different apparels
      - The clothes can be dyed

Opinion: Could be improved by allowing the use of common weapons/clothes as apparel

General characteristics 9/10
      - Different races and classes
      - Open world
      - Teleport portals
      - Good system of mounts (for several players, with bonus effects, allows to be improved...)
      - Allows flying
      - Extensive professions system (to manufacture items necessary for progression)
      - Housing (with NPCs that improve mounts and wings)
      - Pretty good photo editing system
      - Chat rooms and different chat channels with emoticons
      - Different game time (Day / Afternoon / Night)
      - Extensive Achievement System
      - Leaderboard (different rewards to the top players)
      - Mentoring system (different functionalities and rewards)
      - System of "pact mate" (different functionalities and rewards with the intimacy increase)
      - Guild Base with improvements and quests (guild buffs, character cultivation, merchant quests...)
      - MyCorner system
      - Allows you to inspect other players equipment
      - Trading / Auction House / Player Stall

Opinion: The housing system could be improved (visually is perfect, but it could be more functional like in other games I've played) and MyCorner (it's currently useless).

Gameplay 10/10
      - Different combat modes (click / tab / action)
      - Quick action in combat
      - Good movement system with different quick actions and jumps

Opinion: Nothing to object

PVE 7/10
      - History quests (yellow)
      - Progress quests (orange)
      - Faction Quests (blue and green)
      - Learning quests (purple)
      - Dungeons with different difficulties
      - Daily quests system
      - Mythos system
      - Chronicles System
      - Adventures system
      - Funland
      - Open world events
      - Class events
      - Regular events
      - World Bosses with good rewards
      - Ninefold
      - Shadow Demons
      - Multitude of mini-games
      - Etc...

Opinion: Although there is a lot of PVE content, most of the rewards are useless. Also the same daily boring quests.

PVP 7/10
      - "Fake" open PvP System
      - Deathmatch
      - Starshatter
      - Air combat
      - Battlegrounds
      - Arenas
      - Territory war
      - Snowpine battle
      - GvG
      - Deathly Atoll
      - Imperial war

Opinion: The Open PVP system should be improved. It is currently "fake" because it penalizes too much when having Slayer Value. There would be nice battles because of World Bosses if the system is changed.

Equipment/Refinement/Skills 9/10
      - Good refinement system (pve-pvp marks, tier +, venerations, exalting, + 1-2-3...)
      - Good skill system (normal and special skills, different depending on the character "stance")
      - Different configurations for pve and pvp (you can change your skills depending on the mode)
      - Soul grid (system of crystals that gives you different bonuses)
      - Tree of wisdom (system that depending on refinement, allows you to activate different nodes to obtain more bonuses)
      - Class Focus (system to have increased attack or reduced damage against the other classes)
      - Character cultivation (improvements in stats)
      - Skill cultivation (improvements after increasing the skill cultivation points)
      - Arcane arts (allows to select the improvements to apply in the skills)
      - Daoing of Special Skills (allows to improve the effects of special skills)
      - Class regions (to buy skills, buy mats to improve special skills or the tree of wisdom...)

Opinion: Although the system is good, the basis of a good progression are the aurum currency and bronze shards. The system of weekly limitations in the purchase of gearing materials (demonslayer jades, pve/pvp marks, red tickets, etc...) could be removed and those players who
      farm more or get more imperial coins by selling stuff could progress faster. The difference with the Pay-to-progress-faster players would be reduced.

Kind of game 6/10
      - F2P / Pay-to-progress-faster (notable difference between both)
      - Slow Farming System (Limited Progression)

Opinion: The aforementioned. Notable Pay-to-progress-faster system. You should change the system so that the entrance of money are the mounts, wings, apparels, premium or other items in the cash shop, but not those that facilitate the refinement of the gear, the sould grid and the skills.

Manuals / Database 3/10
      - No centralized updated wiki
      - Little information about the game content

Opinion: Due to the vast content of the game, there should be more information about it. Manuals, an updated wiki...

Community 4/10
      - Forum practically inactive
      - Community of players in decline

Opinion: New players should be captured and the ideas of the community should be heard to improve the game and retain the current players. The first is achieved by investing in advertising and the second, changing the design of Pay-to-progress-faster as I have explained before (for example).

Provider / Survival of the game 5/10
      - Good ticketing system for incident support
      - Numerous bugs
      - Bots / Gold Sellers
      - Little interaction with users (currently improving)

Opinion: Although it seems that a little more attention is already being paid to the community, there is much to do.

I hope it helps :)

Kind regards
    • u_11207432 wrote:

Manuals / Database 3/10

- No centralized updated wiki
      - Little information about the game content

Opinion: Due to the vast content of the game, there should be more information about it. Manuals, an updated wiki...

Community 4/10
      - Forum practically inactive
      - Community of players in decline
      Very nice breakdown, just wanted to pull out two areas you talked about to give you or those you know some resources since as you mentioned they are parts of the game experience that Revelation struggles with. These by no means fix these problems but they may help you or others that feel the same way a bit in the future.

Some useful links:
      • RO Codex - Item and Quest Database
      • RevelationGuides - guides for character progression and social systems currently (with more to come)
      • Official About page - various introductions to many of the ingame events/features/etc (closest thing to wiki)
      • Forum Guides - various user created guides and extensive discussions on some topics (ex: Mythos)

And yes the wiki page isn't really anything of use. Personally I didn't like working with wiki so it was never something I spent time in correcting (I made RevelationGuides instead). The best you can do is familiarize yourself with the other available resources and use them to your advantage. The biggest issue here is everyone knows to look for a wiki page, and many don't know where to look for other sources which means they don't get utilized as much as they should.

Community:
      • Official Discord - I see a lot of general chatter on the discord and it is a good place to get some of that extra community