f
s

Error?~? - Windows 10 "Digital Signature" Error message

• Error?~? - Windows 10 "Digital Signature" Error message

Sorry if this post is in the wrong section.

So today after downloading the recent windows 10 update, i started to get this message when clicking play in the my.com app, i looked around for a solution but couldnt find anything.
      Help would be greatly appreciated.
      Images
      • error2.jpg

363.79 kB, 1,400×829, viewed 720 times
    • Created a ticket and got this response. For people who are having this issue. Your welcome.

Dear Player,

Thank you for contacting Revelation Online support team.

Unfortunately, this problem is caused by the Secure Boot enabled by Microsoft with the latest system update.

Please, disable Secure Boot following this instruction: Mod Edit: Removed link

Our team is working right now to prevent this issue from happening in future.

Thank you for your understanding.
    • Do not disable secure boot. As microsoft said:

After disabling Secure Boot and installing other software and hardware, it may be difficult to re-activate Secure Boot without restoring your PC to the factory state.

Reason for that is all kind of malware generally is not digitally signed. It means malware cannot infect system files as long as secure boot is on. Turning it off makes it easy to do so, patheticly. You could have attacked by dll carpet bombing and get virus installed in kernel drivers as rootkit.

Speaking of which issue is caused by anti cheat that not netease added but Mycom did and it doesn't meet standards of current driver development and this is why update do not allow it to run.

Microsoft generally in case of not signed drivers recommend advanced setup -> disable driver signature enforcment. But such thing works only on next reboot, every single next reboot will prevent installing unsafe drivers. However some "*insert any verbal abuse* " (sorry for using such word but in this case it is not verbal abuse but truth) at mycom said installing driver on each startup of game is good idea. As entire kernel driver in game with no hackers to cause harm to players.
    • Hello,

This is a known issue. In the meantime, you can uninstall the latest Windows 10 update:
      windowscentral.com/how-uninsta…nstall-updates-windows-10

If you have a Windows 10 professional version, you can delay for a few days any new W10 update, and play Revelation Online just as before this specific update.
      Join the community chat on Discord
      ---
      Venez discuter de Revelation Online sur Discord
      FR : Pensez à changer la langue du forum dans les paramètres de compte
      ro.my.com/forum/settings/
      ---
      Revelation Online Customer Support
    • New

Will this be fixed soon? I uninstalled the security update that prevented me from playing, but Windows 10 will keep trying to download and install that update which can get frustrating if I have to keep uninstalling it. Thanks.
    • New

Dear @Zazzari,

The team is looking into a fix as soon as they can!

Please bear with us while they try to solve the problem as fast as they can!

You can always join us in the Official Revelation Online Discord to stay up to date with current issues and announcements as well as the services provided on the forums!

Thank you for your patience and understanding!
      RO Moderator Archangel
    • New

• Open start-menu, click on power button, hold down SHIFT, press Restart, keep holding down SHIFT.
      • Now click on Troubleshoot -> Advanced options -> Startup Settings -> Restart -> press F7 for "Disable driver signature enforcement".
      • Verify and repair your revelation client through mycom launcher, try to start the game again. Should work now.
    • New

Thanks for the temp fix darkblood, but I would prefer them to fix it on their end to we all don't have to make changes to our computer that can eventually harm it. I already don't like the fact I had to uninstall a security update just to play.
    • New

Zazzari wrote:

Thanks for the temp fix darkblood, but I would prefer them to fix it on their end to we all don't have to make changes to our computer that can eventually harm it. I already don't like the fact I had to uninstall a security update just to play.
      That is an update that wont harm you at all. In fact it is already present by YEARS on the bios settings... they just implemented it also on the software side integrating it directly on the OS...

BryanFury - Clan Leader | Forum | Facebook |
    • New

Zazzari wrote:

You can reinstall all updates and use the temp fix until it gets fixed. If you don't want to restart every time, you can also disable driver enforcement and enable it when the issue is solved.
    • New

@Zarrari Thanks for the temp fix darkblood, but I would prefer them to fix it on their end to we all don't have to make changes to our computer that can eventually harm it. I already don't like the fact I had to uninstall a security update just to play.

I couldn't agree more.Things like this are very frustrating.I'm not going to go messing with a temp fix my luck i would mess something up as i am computer inept. H ope for fix on this problem soon.
    • A little problem

New

Sorry that i have to post here, but i think that i am special... and i cant post in correct thread, so i have that problem im gonna upload a screenshot of... no idea how to fix it.. anyone could help out?

Just to be clear... i just downloaded and installed the game.
      Images
      • Bez tytułu.png

980.62 kB, 1,182×793, viewed 35 times
    • New

Hello,

u_16392608 wrote:

wow its very hard to believe we have to fix the problem that you caused..
      This issue is caused by a Windows update. As previously said, the My.com team, and NetEase (RO developers) are working on fixing this issue as fast as they can so everyone can enjoy the game again.

@LoliconDesu @Crowty you'll find some temporary fix to the issue in the messages above yours.

Either you can disable the Secure Boot or (i'd prefer this one) uninstall the last Windows 10 update.
      If you have a Windows 10 professional version you can delay the Windows Update installation for a few days, so that you won't have to uninstall it each time you shut down your computer and start it again.
      Join the community chat on Discord
      ---
      Venez discuter de Revelation Online sur Discord
      FR : Pensez à changer la langue du forum dans les paramètres de compte
      ro.my.com/forum/settings/
      ---
      Revelation Online Customer Support