f
s

Anniversary, should I return?

• Anniversary, should I return?

I just want to know the state of the game now, i was a founder and pretty much left obt since the really crappy launch left a extremly sour taste in my mouth, wont go into detail other than that 10yr ban wave hitting my friends. I dont really care if the game is p2w thats not new to me, i just want to hear the real pros and cons since launch happened.

• PrincessPistachio wrote:

I just want to know the state of the game now, i was a founder and pretty much left obt since the really crappy launch left a extremly sour taste in my mouth, wont go into detail other than that 10yr ban wave hitting my friends. I dont really care if the game is p2w thats not new to me, i just want to hear the real pros and cons since launch happened.
      Hi Princess,

Its worth coming back for NA-Snowpine . (since i saw your tag has Snowpine written on it)

PROs
      1. lots new fashions are available on in game cash shop also web sale
      2. lots new content
      3. NA-Snowpine still has lots of nice ppl and newbie friendly guilds
      4. Territory war still balance in terms of power struggle between major guilds even so smaller guilds still can get castles

CONs
      1. couple of salty ppl here and there
      2. minor bugs such as npc duplication
      3. Battlegrounds not pop often enough but still pop from time to time
      4. population not as much as last time but still easy enough to get dailies and weeklies done

Imperial coins are fairly easy to earn and each player has access to buying aurum via coins and access to cash-shop
      I think the game is perfectly fine even for FTP and its fun unless you are one of those casual-semi or casual dreaming to catch up / defeat top players

The post was edited 1 time, last by Leng Zai ().

• I'm not going to comment on server status, but in terms of the game itself there is a lot more content now I'm not sure when you left so here's a recap of several months:
      • Assassin, Shadow Demons, Housing all added
      • Mythos, Scenic Chronicles, Adventure Board, Task Boards all in game
      • Level 79 cap - New dungeons and gear to work on
      • Class Faction area added along with a new special skill
      • Inner Demons was recently fixed and a ToP Event added for Sundays
      • Angler Atoll added - Fishing upgrades!
      • My Corner - stalk people
      Translations are a bit rough in places still but it is either in English or left blank. From what I have encountered there shouldn't be anything translation related that hinders game play.

My biggest draw backs:
      • The learning curve is insanely steep making the game frustrating to newer players
      • Big gap for top players (p2w is a bit heavy) versus the causal a few hours a day players
      • Closed communities: some guilds/players can be elitist and it draws away from the community
      This game seems to work one of two ways you are a casual player out for fun typically with a smaller group of friends or you are hardcore and are willing to make the time/money commitment to the game. It's hard to fall somewhere in between right now.

• If your friends all come to play with you, give it a whack. If you are thinking of coming back alone, just play something else with your friends.

The game itself has gotten a bit better, but there are still a number of glaring issues that have been around since day 1, and new ones that have no foreseeable resolution. There's nothing standoutish here that you can't find elsewhere, it's really just the people that make it worth putting up with the shenanigans the publisher is always pulling.
    • Hello @PrincessPistachio!

The game has since greatly improved since its launch a year ago! Not only has the team fixed numerous bugs that were preventing players from achieving certain quests and tasks, but they have also implemented several new systems to the game!

@Leng Zai and @Lyosha did a great job at explaining some of the new features that have been implemented into the game recently.

Not only so, but we are also in the process of testing Cross-Server content on our PTS which will provide us with the feedback needed to launch Cross-Server systems across all servers and into the battlefield!

Cross-Server will bring the much needed 'fighting spirit' needed in those heated Guild vs. Guilds and Arenas!

I really hope to see you back into the game and see you on the battlefield!
      RO Moderator Archangel
    • Archangeli wrote:

Hello @PrincessPistachio!

The game has since greatly improved since its launch a year ago! Not only has the team fixed numerous bugs that were preventing players from achieving certain quests and tasks, but they have also implemented several new systems to the game!

@Leng Zai and @Lyosha did a great job at explaining some of the new features that have been implemented into the game recently.

Not only so, but we are also in the process of testing Cross-Server content on our PTS which will provide us with the feedback needed to launch Cross-Server systems across all servers and into the battlefield!

Cross-Server will bring the much needed 'fighting spirit' needed in those heated Guild vs. Guilds and Arenas!

I really hope to see you back into the game and see you on the battlefield!
      RO Moderator Archangel
      okay, lets begin with. the game have greatly improved. in wich way? fixed a number of bugs. can you tell us, how many bugs made vs how many bugs fixed? wich systems? you say several, that is actually like, let me think... nothing? what does all that do for the free2play community in terms of improving your charackter to the standards of a whale in time? nothing? i bet that, and the importance, what to fix is clear to see. in concentrating on things that dont help, we can create a excuse for doing not the important stuff. and the clear target should be, shorten the advantage of t he ptw community. i dont see any effort that this is being tried.
    • Lyosha wrote:

Translations are a bit rough in places still but it is either in English or left blank. From what I have encountered there shouldn't be anything translation related that hinders game play.
      Could you perhaps send us the reports through this link when you encounter these bugs please?

Thank you and I really appreciate it!
      RO Moderator Archangel
    • if you liked this game you should give it another chance that is my best advice , and would probably be best for you to experience it first hand instead of getting trolled on forums with bad feedback on your question. I like it so I play it regardless of what has improved or what hasn't been improved , everyone has a different point of view as different opinions.
      First comes destruction
    • Archangeli wrote:

Lyosha wrote:

Could you perhaps send us the reports through this link when you encounter these bugs please?
      Thank you and I really appreciate it!
      RO Moderator Archangel
      Already have been!

EliteHeal wrote:

Lyosha wrote:

EliteHeal wrote:

Do not return.
      Just wait for other games.
      OK at least justify that with reasons why. It's not good advice to just say yes you should return or no you shouldn't return.
      go to my profile and check my posts. That Should be sufficient.
      The point of this person's forum post is to get direct feedback, not so they can run through every forum post made by dozens of users over the last 6 months.

• yes, thats true, but when moderators dont tell everything, further misslead the ongoing player, then its better to hear directly whats going on. talking things cuter as they are is only a way of lure money out of people while giving them false hopes. what i wrote is correct. yes we can have alot of fun in this game. but there must be a point, the people make clear that the top geared ones are not so loved that they think they are. when we could do all the dungeons without waiting 10 years and could possibly complete them, there would be less reason to say anything, but when ec hell is only to beat from ptw people, i have alot of issues with that and i think im not the only person here. players who can play this dungeon and expect to clear are exactly these type of people who give the answers like, you get everything in game.
    • u_13473521 wrote:

yes, thats true, but when moderators dont tell everything, further misslead the ongoing player, then its better to hear directly whats going on. talking things cuter as they are is only a way of lure money out of people while giving them false hopes. what i wrote is correct. yes we can have alot of fun in this game. but there must be a point, the people make clear that the top geared ones are not so loved that they think they are. when we could do all the dungeons without waiting 10 years and could possibly complete them, there would be less reason to say anything, but when ec hell is only to beat from ptw people, i have alot of issues with that and i think im not the only person here. players who can play this dungeon and expect to clear are exactly these type of people who give the answers like, you get everything in game.
      EC Hell is not for only P2W players. Sorry to burst the bubble but it isn't.
      Playing EC Hell without doing mechanics, is the P2W way.
      In Fact there is a EC Hell Mode guide which encompasses F2P, semi-paying, and P2P mechanics for clearing the entire dungeon.
      Heck my raids main VG hasn't spent a dime on the game. Though she has busted her booty farming and gearing up in game.
      True we haven't beat EC Hell yet, but we are still learning mechanics to the last boss and making progress each try we do. (Oh and my raid is one running without the correct makeup of classes for the last boss.) We even shared "How to" do it, without and Occ in the guide thread.

We stopped trying AOS3* until we beat EC Hell. However we were pushing that for a while.

Truth is EC Hell, and AOS 3* are not dungeons you can just rotate new people every week for, unless you are P2P.
      Party make up, teamwork, communication, and knowing mechanics are a HUGE part of it.

@OP: All in all:
      You can have a tons of fun in RO.
      If you have fun or not, it's your decision, and your opinion. The best way is to jump in, meet people, join a guild and play RO to see if you like it or not.
      Yes there are some bugs, yes some translation issues. Nothing like it was at launch out of CBT.
      Cross server is in testing right now.
      Sin class has been added along with some nice functions for upgrading/tier'ing/putting marks in gear.
      New class quests/currency, also shadow demons and so on has been added.

If you want to be TOP #1, then it's P2W.
      If you like to enjoy the game its not P2W.

If you left right after launch, then you haven't gotten to play the other 2/3 to 3/4 of the game yet.

What to do? Give yourself another try, say 2-3wks, and see if you can take your char to Lv 69, 70s is even better, and see for yourself how much different the game is compared to Lv 49.

Worst that can happen this time is you total determined the game is just not for you, and drop it out of your list forever.
      Red text: My moderator alter ego in action. PAY attention !!
      Check out our guides
      Scene Chronicles - Pictorial Guide (WIP)

iNoob (16 Members)

Never feel like a noob when you're in iNoob.

• Alright thank you guys after reading and some thinking i decided to come back to the game. Although I think I will wait a bit until i decide to spend money again. I enjoyed the game around 59 cap but there was just too many issues with the game technically, again as i mentioned the ban wave I was afraid it would hit me cause i'm a big spender and love to buy fashion in game. As long as I am assured that has been resolved then I will gladly give it a go and maybe support it later on cashshop wise.

Alright thank you guys after reading and some thinking i decided to come back to the game. Although I think I will wait a bit until i decide to spend money again. I enjoyed the game around 59 cap but there was just too many issues with the game technically, again as i mentioned the ban wave I was afraid it would hit me cause i'm a big spender and love to buy fashion in game. As long as I am assured that has been resolved then I will gladly give it a go and maybe support it later on cashshop wise.
      If you happened to restart in Snowpine do give me a buzz
    • Leng Zai wrote:

PrincessPistachio wrote:

Alright thank you guys after reading and some thinking i decided to come back to the game. Although I think I will wait a bit until i decide to spend money again. I enjoyed the game around 59 cap but there was just too many issues with the game technically, again as i mentioned the ban wave I was afraid it would hit me cause i'm a big spender and love to buy fashion in game. As long as I am assured that has been resolved then I will gladly give it a go and maybe support it later on cashshop wise.
      If you happened to restart in Snowpine do give me a buzz
      Sadly i rerolled onto Divine Overlook but my main is original on snowfall, when i decide to return to her I would love to talk to you in game ^^

Also yay loli gets swordmage now I can recreate her from the CN version