f
s

Level 59 and beyond confusion from a new-ish player (cont.)

    • Krabby wrote:

      Sekkerhund wrote:

      Krabby wrote:

      As Lyoshi already explained, the unison break is something that was applicable when there was a level cap so it is safe to just level up
      The RO Twitter folks finally responded to me this morning, but they're saying that it's disabled due to complications and that I should not be getting a pop-up for it at all:Revelation Online ‏ @RevOnlineGame 5h5 hours ago More Replying to @Sekkerhund @RevOnlineGame Hello Sekkerhund, Do you have a screenshot at all? We do not have this feature implemented in the game at the moment due to complications. (I will have those patch-notes updated) Thank you for reaching out to us.

      ?(

      edit: (I did respond with the screenshot and link to this thread)
      Thank you for correcting me Sekkerhund and apologies for the confusion I might have caused. :)
      Nothing to apologize for, you caused no confusion.

      Now Netease, on the other hand... :cursing:

      Which reminds me, I did get another reply last night, that uhm, well...

      This feature is an automatic level up which requires several tasks and steps to be accomplished. If you are not interested in a feature along those lines then you can continue to level up and continue your journey. It currently isn't in-game. :(

      :/ ?( :S

      ofc, my reply was:

      Sekkerhund wrote:

      Well, if it's not currently in-game, then whether or not I'm interested, is moot. Unfortunately, I am interested, since I'd like to chronicle my "returnee" new-player experiences in a @Gaiscioch magazine article. This experience has been... challenging.

      Is there an estimate on when it will be available?
      Not had a response yet. I'll follow up if I get one.
    • The good news, is that I do have my original "main, a SM, that I'd left sitting in her mid-30's back in early OBT. So if, and when, this feature ever gets implemented, I can go ahead forward with her and get the details that I need, etc. By the time that happens, I'll probably be in a much better place with my Spirit Shaper.

      Right now, it looks like I can move forward with my SS, once I get some more dungeon merit points and am able to resolve her under-geared issue. Thanks to the more-than-kind help from @Limeball and the other friendly members of Redemption - Snowpine, I have a much better idea of what I need to do, to move forward.

      Honestly, without such an understanding group of folks willing to help a noob, I'd be spinning my wheels, pushed beyond frustrated and most likely be letting my Premium drop and moving on. (It expires tonight.)
    • Sekkerhund wrote:

      The good news, is that I do have my original "main, a SM, that I'd left sitting in her mid-30's back in early OBT. So if, and when, this feature ever gets implemented, I can go ahead forward with her and get the details that I need, etc. By the time that happens, I'll probably be in a much better place with my Spirit Shaper.

      Right now, it looks like I can move forward with my SS, once I get some more dungeon merit points and am able to resolve her under-geared issue. Thanks to the more-than-kind help from @Limeball and the other friendly members of Redemption - Snowpine, I have a much better idea of what I need to do, to move forward.

      Honestly, without such an understanding group of folks willing to help a noob, I'd be spinning my wheels, pushed beyond frustrated and most likely be letting my Premium drop and moving on. (It expires tonight.)
      Hey Sekkerhund,
      I'm glad everything has worked out in the end :)
      Hope you enjoy the rest of your time with your guild and continue to learn more about the game.
    • I know just how you feel Sekk I have played multiple mmo's and while Black desert and B&S were complicated after a year of Black desert there are still things idk how ever this game is complicated by the translations, quick leveling and lack explanations I have an assassin was playing fine hit 25 decided to go to hotsprings when i woke up i was 32 had a lot of new stuff available and no idea what to do my bags and storage are full of stuff i either cant use yet or have no idea what they are used for crystal , xp pills , books ,pages i have reached 35 but still have mostly lvl 20 gear i am avoiding hotsprings because i dont want to hit vl 40 and still be in lvl 20 gear.
      not sure where to go from here i am on snowpine and probably could use a decent guild.
      most guides are confusing or contradict each other stats assassin put points in dex another says split between dex strength also do i still put points in defense stats spirit /Physique like the game but hate the complexity do i boost my lvl 29 gear or wait because you level so quick what do i do with gear i cant use or lower level just disassemble it or can it be used to upgrade next level gear.. and why so many different currencies god just make 2 1 real cash 1 game earned sorry for ranting.. I need help!! LOL
    • Hi @Kidflash112! For gear I suggest you start running Deserted Shrine which can be found to the east of Tidewater Village this will be where you can get the mats for your first gold set of gear (DS Hard) if you run DS Expert (1* - 3*) you will have a chance to get gold gear. Gold is the highest level quality of gear in this game.

      As for assassin stats I have found that ignoring strength for the most part is ok, the benefit you get from it isn't enough to make it worth a whole lot of points. Definitely put points in defense! Assassins aren't the squishiest of classes (we leave that to the swordmages) but not having any defense is a bad thing. If you are focusing more on PvP or PvE will vary how much you put in defensive stats.

      Do not invest resources in purple gear or lower (blue/green) they aren't worth it. If you use gold gear from dungeons definitely invest in them because you can upgrade the gears as you level. If you go for blueprint gear then you can always use the strip function to get roughly 90% of the spikes/tier beads/exp back from the gear piece when you move onto the next piece so it can still be worth it. If you are worried about investing you can wait until 69 as my lengthy post somewhere in this thread discussed, its a good stopping point to start working on your character and getting to know the game even better before moving on to the full end game 79 content.

      I would highly suggest finding a good guild that is willing to help you out it can make loads of difference unfortunately since you are on Snowpine I can't directly help you (I'm on Darkfall). However you are more then welcome to keep posting questions here or send me a private message to get my discord name and we can talk there!

      Also players like yourself are a huge motivator to give me a kick in the butt to keep working on my site to get these guides officially published. So back to working on that!

    • thanks ill take your advice i have joined a guild on snowpine Redemption they seem helpful if i ask right now i have been trying different stats out right now i have put 35 in both spirit and physique and im playing with dex strength 110 dex and 70 strength going full dex actually lowers my max attack so ill keep playing with it as i get better gear.
    • Lyosha wrote:

      Hi @Kidflash112! For gear I suggest you start running Deserted Shrine which can be found to the east of Tidewater Village this will be where you can get the mats for your first gold set of gear (DS Hard) if you run DS Expert (1* - 3*) you will have a chance to get gold gear. Gold is the highest level quality of gear in this game.
      Unfortunately, I am finding that, while that is good advice, it's much more difficult to accomplish at the current moment, because the game has artificially aged too quickly (as in My.com has been implementing the patches with higher level caps, too fast). As a result, there is a huge area of vacuum where the 49/59 players should be. The game is too top-heavy and that's bad, simply because of the design of the game. It's systems just don't support that rapid of advancement.

      So, unless a new player has been lucky enough to find an active and new player friendly guild to help them, then they quickly find themselves in front of a really tall cliff. I'm finding that, while I decided to stick it out, a lot just give up and quit. (yea, I'm still stuck at 59, btw, 59 gold raid gear is almost impossible to get with mat limits and RNG, plus difficulty finding 10 people to help with GB Expert*3 for mats, especially Sun Feruvites).

      Those that choose to skip the gearing and level on through, are finding themselves in their 70's, with underleveled gear with crappy Might scores and unable to perform well in dungeons, or anything. Frustrations grow, not just for them, but for their team-mates and unfortunate things happen, usually ending in their quitting.

      Now that I've been playing for a bit, I have been seeing these things, first-hand. "Whale" players don't understand and are oblivious to the problem and I'm also seeing too many guilds who are requiring "level 70 and above", and are dying a slow death of attrition. Some have dropped their request to 60, but that's still too high, because 59 is where the first high cliff is encountered.

      My.com needs to figure this out, and work with Netease to repair the damage that's been done, or this game will wither and die from a lack of new players. People can disagree with me if they like, but they are just not recognizing the problem. I am not saying that it's going to happen... I'm saying that it IS happening, now (and has been, for a while).
    • Kidflash112 wrote:

      thanks ill take your advice i have joined a guild on snowpine Redemption they seem helpful if i ask right now i have been trying different stats out right now i have put 35 in both spirit and physique and im playing with dex strength 110 dex and 70 strength going full dex actually lowers my max attack so ill keep playing with it as i get better gear.
      I believe level 59 is the last level you can stop and reset your attribute points for free. I would take the time before you move to lvl 60 to reset your attributes and try different builds for dext/strength. Here is some number stuff for you! Hurray!

      Dex gives 1 point Crit, 0.5 point Physical Damage, and for every 10 points of dex you get 4 points of force.

      Force acts as a multiplier on your physical attack when physical attack is converted to physical damage. Why is that important? Because your gear and weapons don't give you physical damage, they give you physical attack. So if you want more physical damage from your weapon you need more force. At low levels your weapon isn't giving you much physical attack as it is so you will see a more direct increase in your damage from strength. However when you get to higher levels strength gives you less of a boost.

      In addition you are going to need a lot more crit. My crit right now is 1293. This is a bit low as it only gives me 47.6% crit rate. Now I am 69 and haven't completely finished all my gear stuff like veneration, re-rolling green stats, badge/runes, etc, so this number is going to go up. The amount of crit you are going to get from your gear does have a limit. You can get it pretty high but if you are rolling really high strength you are going to be reliant on your gear having lots of crit to get you the rest of the way.

      Lots of people have posted various builds on this, but my opinion is always try it yourself! There are test dummies in the guild base (you can access it from the skill cultivation area) or in Chaffon Paddock (Drill Grounds portal). Go in with a set rotation of skills and dps a round or two. Switch your stats and try it again see what changes.

    • Sekkerhund wrote:

      Unfortunately, I am finding that, while that is good advice, it's much more difficult to accomplish at the current moment, because the game has artificially aged too quickly (as in My.com has been implementing the patches with higher level caps, too fast). As a result, there is a huge area of vacuum where the 49/59 players should be. The game is too top-heavy and that's bad, simply because of the design of the game. It's systems just don't support that rapid of advancement.
      So, unless a new player has been lucky enough to find an active and new player friendly guild to help them, then they quickly find themselves in front of a really tall cliff. I'm finding that, while I decided to stick it out, a lot just give up and quit. (yea, I'm still stuck at 59, btw, 59 gold raid gear is almost impossible to get with mat limits and RNG, plus difficulty finding 10 people to help with GB Expert*3 for mats, especially Sun Feruvites).

      Those that choose to skip the gearing and level on through, are finding themselves in their 70's, with underleveled gear with crappy Might scores and unable to perform well in dungeons, or anything. Frustrations grow, not just for them, but for their team-mates and unfortunate things happen, usually ending in their quitting.

      Now that I've been playing for a bit, I have been seeing these things, first-hand. "Whale" players don't understand and are oblivious to the problem and I'm also seeing too many guilds who are requiring "level 70 and above", and are dying a slow death of attrition. Some have dropped their request to 60, but that's still too high, because 59 is where the first high cliff is encountered.

      My.com needs to figure this out, and work with Netease to repair the damage that's been done, or this game will wither and die from a lack of new players. People can disagree with me if they like, but they are just not recognizing the problem. I am not saying that it's going to happen... I'm saying that it IS happening, now (and has been, for a while).
      Sadly games have a very short shelf life now days and companies have moved towards a mindset of "get everything we can from the game in the first 6 months everything after that is bonus!" My opinion is that they rushed the release before the game was ready and that drove a huge group of the population away. If it was released as it is now we might have healthy servers at this 1 year mark.

      Where the game is at now and how My.com seems to be running the game, we need the community to step in and fill in the gaps. I want to bang my head against the wall whenever I see someone on world chat saying something like "too bad your guild is telling you its good to stop at 69"
      No. Stop right there. You are adding to the problem when you say things like that! My.com/Netease isn't going to fix the issues. We have seen that already they are too stuck with what Netease model which works for China, but clearly does not work in the US. As a community we need to try to provide the support for those who do find the game and decide to try it. Help them understand the game and as their guild mates make sure they have access to the dungeons they need. Anyways there's a huge form thread going discussing the problems with this game and I don't want to get us too off track so enough on that.

      I haven't played on Snowpine so I can't say what things are like over there. I honestly don't see level requirements on the guilds that advertise on Darkfall. They seem to have caught on to the fact that new players are rare and you need to snatch them up early if you want to keep their attention. Are those guilds helping though? Not sure.

      I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble getting GB groups. I really wish you were on Darkfall because I have mats stored for guild mates and friends if they need a few extra to get a gear piece because I always get my 2 runs a week in 3* There is almost always at least a GB 1* recruiting once a day (I play from a couple hours before the nightly reset till about an hour after reset....yes I am up really late right now).

      Honestly I want to see this game continue. It has so many great things going for it and I love it. Even with small populations I find tons to do every day. Will it get past its initial bad reputation and continuing issues to be a game that stays around? Guess we find out a few months/years down the road.

    • Sekkerhund wrote:

      Lyosha wrote:

      Hi @Kidflash112! For gear I suggest you start running Deserted Shrine which can be found to the east of Tidewater Village this will be where you can get the mats for your first gold set of gear (DS Hard) if you run DS Expert (1* - 3*) you will have a chance to get gold gear. Gold is the highest level quality of gear in this game.
      Unfortunately, I am finding that, while that is good advice, it's much more difficult to accomplish at the current moment, because the game has artificially aged too quickly (as in My.com has been implementing the patches with higher level caps, too fast). As a result, there is a huge area of vacuum where the 49/59 players should be. The game is too top-heavy and that's bad, simply because of the design of the game. It's systems just don't support that rapid of advancement.
      So, unless a new player has been lucky enough to find an active and new player friendly guild to help them, then they quickly find themselves in front of a really tall cliff. I'm finding that, while I decided to stick it out, a lot just give up and quit. (yea, I'm still stuck at 59, btw, 59 gold raid gear is almost impossible to get with mat limits and RNG, plus difficulty finding 10 people to help with GB Expert*3 for mats, especially Sun Feruvites).

      Those that choose to skip the gearing and level on through, are finding themselves in their 70's, with underleveled gear with crappy Might scores and unable to perform well in dungeons, or anything. Frustrations grow, not just for them, but for their team-mates and unfortunate things happen, usually ending in their quitting.

      Now that I've been playing for a bit, I have been seeing these things, first-hand. "Whale" players don't understand and are oblivious to the problem and I'm also seeing too many guilds who are requiring "level 70 and above", and are dying a slow death of attrition. Some have dropped their request to 60, but that's still too high, because 59 is where the first high cliff is encountered.

      My.com needs to figure this out, and work with Netease to repair the damage that's been done, or this game will wither and die from a lack of new players. People can disagree with me if they like, but they are just not recognizing the problem. I am not saying that it's going to happen... I'm saying that it IS happening, now (and has been, for a while).
      Revelation need plays in group being in right guild/community is important .
      Due to limited entries, Most people i know these days does DS3 or GB3 in snowpine is to help guildies or friends which normally organized on guild chat /privately.

      @Kidflash112 @Sekkerhund
      I still organize weekly GB3 and DS3 with my friends in Snowpine ,
      if you guys don't mind running it with us feel free to join us and add me in game

      My IGN:LengZai