f
s

My feedback on Revelation Online!

    • My feedback on Revelation Online!

      No matter what people say - this game is right now very good.
      There were several problems in the early stages of open beta release (lack of content, bad translation, and huge bugs), but right now most of them were fixed.
      I believe that there are three worst things in this game atm:
      - Not optimised game (lags during events)
      - Dying community
      - My.com being totally dependant to NetEase

      This game is dying guys. No matter what you say.
      There are less and less people around. You saw how many players participated in the arena event (which was great btw).
      It is sad that such a great game has 500 active players (on Tidewater).

      I tried to find the reasons why this game is dying, I believe that there are lots of them, but they lie deep within the game structure, and I find them almost unfixable, unless My.Com delivers, and order some huge changes to EU/NA client to be done. I think that we do not have to follow China version so closely. A lot of games transfered from Asia to EU/NA differs greatly from the originals. Revelation Online can be the same.

      Going to the conclusions, below I am writing the reasons why I think the game is dying, and will die if won't change greatly.

      This game is not friendly to the new players. I don't mean the lack of tutorials or something, because that's not the real problem. The real problem is the huge gap between new and old players which will never be fixed.
      RIght now the new player have no means to catch to the best players on the server, unless he plays 24/7 on several accounts or p2w really hard. This makes most of the new players leave the game before they reach 79. Because they see no point in playing, when they will never catch up.
      Yea , I know that the seal was broken and now players can get 2500 demonslayer fealthy weekly, and you can get the EXP a lot faster, but that is not fixing this situation. You can get to 69, and 79 pretty easly, but still you will be behind so much that it will make you want to leave this game desperately.
      Even Unison Breakthrough which will be introduced sooner or later will not fix this situation.

      To explain,
      I believe that players cannot catch up with:
      1. Soul grids
      2. Craft levels
      3. Cultivation
      4. Tree of wisdom
      5. Marks (which is I believe acceptable, as marks are much more farmable at highers levels)
      6. Talisman level (which is I believe acceptable, as talisman is just an addon)


      Players need to have a chance to catch up (even a little) with almost all stuff. Therefore I suggest:
      - Adding new reward for getting 69 lvl (tons of bronze shards, free bound lvl IV soul grids, 100 bound solar dew, 100 excelsior books)
      - Adding new excelsior rewards system for players 69 lvl or below. Instead of a bad camel quest, just add some quests that will bear real value. To allow players catch up with the missing excelsior.
      - Adding new bounty hunter with rewards based on LVL
      - Giving players 69- double of class reputation for quests, to allow them to get more stuff.
      - Reworking of curious events. 70- players should get DOUBLE of everything for events, but all stuff should be BOUND. Also the shop limits should be deleted and azure tickets should be introduced.

      You can say, Hey! That's unfair! Why 69 lvl should get more stuff than 70+!
      I tell you why it is beneficial:
      1. Players have means to catch up
      2. Players do not level up without a proper gear to get frustrated at the 70+ battlefields/pvp events
      3. High levels players do not get frustrated with unexperienced players joining PVE/PVP events/Battlefields
      4. Players get attached to the game more and don't leave it out of frustration.
      5. Player can decide what to do. Stay lvl 69 and farm materials, excelsior, EXP, or move on and get new gear. Not everyone should rush to end game so desperately. Players can slow down a bit, gear geared (+13, all tiers)

      What I wanted to do was not to give low levels players a chance to become a whale with everyone on 69 lvl being 300-320k might, but to let them improve even a bit. They will still need to play a lot or pay to get anything. And it won't lead to the unfair situation on every 69 lvl becoming very strong without effort.

      Keep in mind that this game is full of limits. Everything is limited. How do you expect players to catch up with so much limits? Do you expect everyone to use a wallet? That won't happen. Some of people maybe will, but the rest will leave the game. Less population = less profit. Do not forget that.

      Also, 2018 will be very fruitful for MMORPG genre. Do not forget that in this year many of expected games will finally arrive.
      That means you need to keep players attached, otherwise the population will become smaller even more than it is right now.

      I wanted to write some more, about alliances, alt accounts (due to the stupid limits), cross servers, etc, but I believe that it is pointless.

      I just wanted to let you know what to do if you want more players...
      And what I wrote is truth. Just check how many of new players stays. Not a lot. Everyday on server you see same, old faces. Faces of people who plays from the beginning, and stays due to the effort they already gave.

      Kind Regards,
      EliteHeal

      The post was edited 1 time, last by EliteHeal ().

    • Why is the game dying?

      Well... I was one of the first ppl to ever reach lvl 69 back in the day and I fell in love with this game. But I had to quit as well as almost everyone I knew due to thew simple fact that this game is so much P2W its off the charts!

      Im quite used to play games that are more or less P2W but it never bothered me too much tbh and Im willing to spend some money on a game I love to play as well... BUT... this game has nothing more to offer than P2W mechanics as soon as u hit high level.

      Their greed killed the game. End of story for Revelation.
      Server: Moonsea // Guild: ChaosAngels

      We are looking for more casual Players to join our friendly community!
    • Some ppl Always complain and see dark :)
      Lets try to focus on things what are positive, and this game have more positive things than ANY other game we have played.
      Its an utopy to think there will be a game 100% your taste.
      I realy enjoy and be happy with the so many different quests and skills we can choose. If you not feel to kill , you go on adventure, forage, grow your profession, sale, fish, do Mythos etc etc etc.........
      Capre diem !
    • Raiguren wrote:

      due to thew simple fact that this game is so much P2W
      Except it isn't. At most, it is a little p2w, but it certainly isnt "so much p2win". The larger problem in this game (and I feel in MMOs in general nowadays) is that there are way too many casuals. Sorry but MMOs just aren't a genre you be casual and get anywhere, they've always been a genre where you either sink in a lot of time or you basically get nowhere, which is how it should be cause there's no point in making stuff so easy to get people have no sense of accomplishment getting it. The game in itself is fine, the real problem is people's approach when it comes to the game.
    • The Revel wrote:

      Raiguren wrote:

      due to thew simple fact that this game is so much P2W
      Except it isn't. At most, it is a little p2w, but it certainly isnt "so much p2win". The larger problem in this game (and I feel in MMOs in general nowadays) is that there are way too many casuals. Sorry but MMOs just aren't a genre you be casual and get anywhere, they've always been a genre where you either sink in a lot of time or you basically get nowhere, which is how it should be cause there's no point in making stuff so easy to get people have no sense of accomplishment getting it. The game in itself is fine, the real problem is people's approach when it comes to the game.
      actually it is p2w. so many people are trying to change the definition of p2w from wat it actually means. maybe its cause every single mmo being released is p2w that people are trying to distinguish how p2w the game is. but the main fact is theyre all p2w just how much do u win from paying is the only question left to consider.
    • My definition of pay to win is when the only way you can get an item or items, that would boost your character tremendously is via Cash Shop only. Otherwise is pay for convenience/cosmetic for me. I guess it depend on what game you grew up playing with, because they are ton of games out there that are 10x worse than RO. So for me RO isn't that p2w, consider you can farm most of the item in-game, albeit it take a while.

      The p2w that people worry about from RO is coming from the fact that most feel like you can just swipe your CC, and that person instantly destroy your months of hard works. RO at least have some in-game mechanic to stop that if we look closely. The tier on your gears, it limit how much you can refine and the level of gem inlaid, this allow people who in your level bracket or higher still able to kill you. The limit in dailies allow for people who are casual to not fall too far back, and make people explore or do some other part of the games and not just mindless grinding one mob. RO have many functions that require people to put works into in order to build a strong character not just doing dungeons for gears. This is also one of it downside, because it forced people to do thing they don't like, and this can put a dent in character progression causing people to fall behind or feel restricted. Once people far behind, or feel like they are force to do something, the game became unbearable and not enjoyable anymore. Adding on to the facts that my.com make some unfavorable decisions, this became a snowball that is getting bigger causing a lot of people leaving and have a negative views on the game. Just my 2 cents for today o/
    • Paying customers are necessary to keep a game going. Since I'm a casual player rather than competitive, the p2w aspect doesn't bother me. RO feels like a work in progress. It would be a shame if it died before the bugs are beaten back and the documentation improved. It's such a visually beautiful game that I can't help but hope that it still has a future.
    • While I think players getting a boost to help them catch up somewhat would help in some ways, I don't think that would totally fix problems. There is a mentality in this game where players rush to level because they can. This leaves players frustrated when they reach level 79 because no one wants them in parties, they die all the time and everything is frustrating because they have no clue what to do. That drives them away from the game since honestly people won't stick with something that frustrates them constantly.

      One thing that would help is changing the road to greatness rewards for lower levels. Example I am level 69 but I am still getting low grade cultivation books which are for cultivation points 0-29. I am working on points 60-80. So each day I am getting books that have been useless since about level 45. So even if I stop to work on gear I am not getting things that are useful.

      I also am getting a lot of Ascension Essences. These usually get vendor trashed because by the end of the week I have a stack of 20-30 that I can't use because I don't have the whimsy for it. Blue Dao, Depleted Phlogiston, Tier beads, etc could all be more helpful here.

      I don't know why you say curious events should be revoked. That has been my #1 way of being able to keep up on getting things. I have all my tiers unlocked on my level 69 gears most of my pve sockets are open BECAUSE of curious events.

      Finally I do want to say that don't underestimate knowledge. Even if you can get players to 79 and semi-decently geared they can still skip a bunch of important knowledge which can make them really bad at the game. There is nothing sadder then watching a max geared player get rolled over because they have no clue what they are doing with their character. Speeding up progression doesn't give players time to learn the game and their character which can hurt more then help.

    • Spur wrote:

      actually it is p2w.
      It really isnt, and insisting it is just makes you sound every bit like the type of player I described in the previous post. Probably because your conception of pay2win is way off what it really is. Something pay2win has to be only accessible to spenders and be literally impossible for a non-cashing player to get. What your (and many other players) idea of pay 2 win is , oh they use money to substitute time so they dont have to spend that time a f2per would have to to get the same things. No, that is not what the definiton is or ever was. That's just the lazy casual interpretation of it. Try and tell me something that still exists in our version that fits what I described? Exactly, RO (at least our version) is not p2w.
    • Lyosha wrote:

      There is a mentality in this game where players rush to level because they can. This leaves players frustrated when they reach level 79 because no one wants them in parties
      hopping in just to say that most people back in the day were snobbed cause they werent 70+, and also bg wag 70+ only, with rare cases for 60+, this is definitely more frustrating.
    • If you want to see improving for lower level bracket, give incentives for the higher level players to help out the newby. Instead of giving them lowbies item that they don't use, give them gems (don't have to be super high lv gem), dragon spikes, tier beads, refining scroll/stone in their personal bag. Those items don't have to be huge in quantity, just something to give back to higher level player who spend time to help. Apply this to 3 stars run only and you must have x number of lowbies in the raid, this forces people to learn mechanics, and higher level not abusing the sidekick system to get easy loots.

      Providing more benefits for low lever bracket will only upset higher level one, because they went through all of that w/o any of those benefits. And there is also issue which was posted earlier, people will just breeze through level+gear w/o learning the games/dungeon mechanics. This will make them die really fast in high level dungeons.
    • The Revel wrote:

      Spur wrote:

      actually it is p2w.
      It really isn't, and insisting it is just makes you sound every bit like the type of player I described in the previous post. Probably because your conception of pay2win is way off what it really is. Something pay2win has to be only accessible to spenders and be literally impossible for a non-cashing player to get. What your (and many other players) idea of pay 2 win is , oh they use money to substitute time so they don't have to spend that time a f2per would have to to get the same things. No, that is not what the definition is or ever was. That's just the lazy casual interpretation of it. Try and tell me something that still exists in our version that fits what I described? Exactly, RO (at least our version) is not p2w.
      See in my mind I end up separating f2p games into categories - p2p and p2w where p2p consists of content that is nearly impossible to access without paying for it and p2w is paying to speed access to content (ALL under the F2P label). No these are not the traditional uses of these terms and this isn't how people describe it but as games change we need to update the language we use to talk about them so we need to somehow find new words to describe this. If you have better terms I would love to hear it. Play to progress? Not sure how you would shorten that since p2p is claimed. Either way we are starting to see categories of how "p2w" a game is and being able to describe that would really help.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Lyosha ().

    • Lies wrote:

      Lyosha wrote:

      There is a mentality in this game where players rush to level because they can. This leaves players frustrated when they reach level 79 because no one wants them in parties
      hopping in just to say that most people back in the day were snobbed cause they werent 70+, and also bg wag 70+ only, with rare cases for 60+, this is definitely more frustrating.
      Yep that definitely hurt the game. Stopping at 69 is a great thing in my opinion because there is a ton you can work on before you hit level 70 and the only thing you SHOULD be locked out of is EC79/AOS. (ex: those 80 arcane art points) Sadly battlefields and such aren't readily available to 69s which locks you out of a bunch of content in the army coin store and such.

    • Again with the P2W idiocy... Just the fact that people can do stuff with shorter time paying isn't P2W. RO is a P2Progress. The more you pay, the shorter the time to finish stuff. You are NOT getting MORE than a F2P player. At the end of the line, EVERYONE will be the same. It's just about how much time.

      Want to PLAY THE GAME and enjoy it, whatever good and bad sides? Play and stop classifying this game as P2W, because it isn't.


      BryanFury - Clan Leader | Forum | Facebook |
    • The game is dying? NO!
      The game is p2w? YES!

      This is a fact that people who spent money to this game refuse to admit! But it's a fact!
      I Do not need to give a lot of evidence but maybe i can sum it up in one phrase: "The endgame is truly p2w! Especially in PVP".
      If you're a f2p player then you better get ready to get called "Trash" when you reach endgame!

      And with the PROGRESS LIMITATIONS that the game puts on your charachter + a lot of items are bound. A f2p player has nothing but three choices:

      1. Spend money to reduce the gap
      2. Quit and uninstall
      3. Make multiple characters (at least 3) and spend time on them all leveling them and doing their weekly quests in order to make a good amount of money depending on the level and the number of characters you can play in a day!

      ===> A.K.A spending nothing less than 6 hours a day managing multiple characters which is clearly not something everybody would enjoy to do! And i personnaly don't like playing with multiple characters anywas!
      +
      There is also another solution they say "playing the market well and making good fortune" or something like that!


      Again, the endgame is p2w, believe it or not! But this is the real truth!
    • I have played several MMORPG games out there.

      To tell everyone, honestly almost all online MMORPG games is a p2w. Frankly speaking revelation is no exception. HOWEVER, that gender is categorize in the players point of view right? NO GAME THAT NEEDS NO FUND!!! of else it will die. It needs to generate money in order to prosper and develop.

      So basically, RO is a p2w? or a f2p? its up to you! what matter most is you enjoy the game. This its up to you if you make it a p2w or a f2p type.

      Note: I have 2 accounts on this game. My occu is a p2w (79) and my sin is a f2p (64). Honestly this game is just 50/50. 50% p2w items can be gain to BP with pink stone and you know already what are those other items to boost your character and a 50% f2p buy enjoying the game or simply invest your time and you can eventual acquire items that can be brought in the cash shop not to mention the IC plus better understanding in the game. Unless you are tooooo lazy to play hardcore and switch to a p2w mode, it really depends on your style.

      none the less this game is better so far on other MMORPG out there. :thumbup:
    • @Lyosha
      i wanted not to revoke but rework them.
      By giving 49-69 lvls double reward for participating but making all dropped stuff bound.

      They not only need to make strong 69 set but also prepare for the next Tier.

      @Versa
      Stop lying to yourself. If you don't accept the fact that this game is dying and try to counter it, then one day you will find yourself on a totally empty server.

      I believe that this game is slightly p2w, but only due to limits that prevents dedicated players from catching up with just a sheer amount of the hard work.

      I have for example no idea how do you expect players to get lvl 8 grids or best class cultivation books. The cost is enormous. If only grids were deleted or more farmable. Getting lvl 8 grids by doing bounty hunter and funland will take hundred of years.

      Cheers.
    • Arwen wrote:

      Some ppl Always complain and see dark :)
      Lets try to focus on things what are positive, and this game have more positive things than ANY other game we have played.
      Its an utopy to think there will be a game 100% your taste.
      I realy enjoy and be happy with the so many different quests and skills we can choose. If you not feel to kill , you go on adventure, forage, grow your profession, sale, fish, do Mythos etc etc etc.........
      Capre diem !
      BTW. Ale you hired by My. Com?
      I have seen a lot of your propaganda lately.
      You even defended My.com when they messed up assasin patch (rewards issue and rollback)

      MMORPG = grind for gear/levels and PVP/ team/community aspect. Everthing else is optional. If you play MMORPG for housing, fishing and adventures, then perhaps it is a time for you to switch genre.