f
s

My feedback on Revelation Online!

• Uhm I guess? If that how you see is then it is what it is. That post was answering to the other too not just your. And I don't get how 500k constitute as pay to win? When I clearly stated that gearscore is not how you can measure an individual power. And burden of proof fall on both since this is not a criminal cases where I have to proof your guilty beyond reasonable doubt.
    • Word of warning to people posting here. Large number of poster's here are Russian and Chinese nationals. They view things like p2w differently, where it is more acceptable, so dont regard it in a similar fashion to westerners. Trying to change each others's mind on different topics, is not going to work; the cultural norms just differ.

Overall, this game's issue was the mishandled launch. After that it just spiraled. The game will be fine as long as CN and RU servers still are able to retain large enough player numbers. (and mail.ru doesnt get caught in any scandals; they were founded by a corrupt RU oligarch) So overall the game will survive in the west as long as the RU and CN servers do fine.
    • Meowmix2000 wrote:

So overall the game will survive in the west as long as the RU and CN servers do fine.
      Last time I counted a few months back NetEase has over 50 servers on CN, I think they are doing OK. :thumbup:
      Red text: My moderator alter ego in action. PAY attention !!
      Check out our guides
      Scene Chronicles - Pictorial Guide (WIP)

iNoob (15 Members)

Never feel like a noob when you're in iNoob.

• RO might be doing well in CN and RU but here in the west, it has become a ghost town, where people has to spam world chats to get players to queue for BGs. And if you don't have a static party for relevant dungeons, you're doomed. Star shatter and Territory wars have lost their intensity and feels totally sad and empty now. GvG was also bugged last week, preventing guilds from participating, many players weren't happy about that. Good luck Western RO, when a certain game gets released next month ^^.

The post was edited 1 time, last by u_1053304 ().

• u_1053304 wrote:

RO might be doing well in CN and RU but here in the west, it has become a ghost town, where people has to spam world chats to get players to queue for BGs. And if you don't have a static party for relevant dungeons, you're doomed. Star shatter and Territory wars have lost their intensity and feels totally sad and empty now. GvG was also bugged last week, preventing guilds from participating, many players weren't happy about that. Good luck Western RO, when a certain game gets released next month ^^.
      NA 4 hour+ BG queue times. People who say this game isn't dead or dying are delusional...
      I am surprised they haven't tried adding this game to steam or come up with any ideas to save the game. They have just given up on the west it seems lol.
    • Meowmix2000 wrote:

Word of warning to people posting here. Large number of poster's here are Russian and Chinese nationals. They view things like p2w differently, where it is more acceptable, so dont regard it in a similar fashion to westerners. Trying to change each others's mind on different topics, is not going to work; the cultural norms just differ.

Overall, this game's issue was the mishandled launch. After that it just spiraled. The game will be fine as long as CN and RU servers still are able to retain large enough player numbers. (and mail.ru doesnt get caught in any scandals; they were founded by a corrupt RU oligarch) So overall the game will survive in the west as long as the RU and CN servers do fine.
      last i checked this wasnt RU or CN RO so if there are indeed players from those regions posting here and trying to change our opinions i doubt that will work. i have played since day 1 where game was open for non founders since im completely f2p and i know how my server is doing. with territory war stats a few months ago we can see how many people attend. there is under 250 people on the whole server that attend but ill give it 100 more for people who dun like war or cant make it. i personally like this game alot but the game coming out next month i already know that 30-40%+ of my guild is shifting over and id assume a similar amount for the other guilds. this means after a month the population on darkfall would drop to aprox 250 accounting for all the timezones. BGs currently only pop at a certain time of the day so if u queued at the right time u can get a 60000 sec queue time b4 it pop. RU and CN might be doing fine, even EU might be fine but NA is definitely not fine.
    • eu isnt really fine, we can do, a low number of, bgs each day, but definitely lower than before they opened the new server, cause a lot of 79 switched to that, and i know at least 30 people who will switch to that game, so... yeah, its a shame cause it wouldnt happen if the game was handled better and they advertised more
    • IDK how effective it has been, but yes large numbers of RU and CN nationals play on the western servers. You can hear them on the very few twitch casters discords, you can tell by the way they type on the forum here, and it's prevalent on all 3 of my.coms major titles for large number of RU players to play on the EU/NA servers; it was widely acknowledged early on large numbers of CN players were here (botting/hacking).

When I say "fine", all I mean is the server will exist for people to play; as Ive said before this games life cycle is exactly following Allods Online (another my.com title) in the west. Attakats comment is quite laughable, it puts the NA/EU servers in even a more negative light than they already are; but it is what he/she does, so I mostly ignore it now. (You have 50 servers CN, and you cant get ~8 server cross server to work on the patch it's supposed to come out, what? hahaha) Again when I say "fine", all that means is the servers will still be around for people that do like the game to play; which Im good with and happy for the people that like the game. You wont see any real significant changes here; my.com and now netease just dont really care about the EU/NA servers other than keeping them on and collecting revenue from them, but they will exist for people that want to play. Which is just fine.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Meowmix2000 ().

• I played during the CBTs, from start the OBT until 70 patch came in, then I took some time off. Now coming back I do share the majority of the opinion here, that servers feel very low with population. I personally don't understand the reason why for example into EU another server was added, if not long time ago we merged one of the servers with Moonsea due nobody was around there.

Moonsea for example, what should be most populated server in EU has huge problems before and after European Prime time (7pm - 11pm CEST). There just isn't enough people around. Yes of course it is logical, that people sleep, work etc. but MMORPG servers should not feel like this outside the peak hours.

So what would be best option to solve this problem ? Well I be honest merging all 3 EU servers into one . EU for example does not need cross server function, but what EU needs is healthy one server population.

What about NA ? I don't personally play in NA servers, but I have heard, that they have similar issues. Maybe keep in NA 2 servers and merge 2 smaller ones.

• So basically there's low numbers in Eu and NA servers to keep activities running at good rate during the day and week. Is a long process some times to gather 10 players to do a dungeon for weeklies if not queued at right time. So 20 Vs 20 PVP right... why does it not POP. Low number off players available to do stuff, and the one that are log in probably doing some stuff.

Cross server PVP is currently the focus to test and implement, but not what it looks like we need ATM, server merges to temporary fix the low number off player's in game, this will only actually delay the issue that there's is a problem in this game to keep a good number off players.

The new server is also a bit that a delay, unless some thing's are fixed eventually they will begin the problems will be visible.
    • New

Tainted wrote:

My definition of pay to win is when the only way you can get an item or items, that would boost your character tremendously is via Cash Shop only. Otherwise is pay for convenience/cosmetic for me. I guess it depend on what game you grew up playing with, because they are ton of games out there that are 10x worse than RO. So for me RO isn't that p2w, consider you can farm most of the item in-game, albeit it take a while.

The p2w that people worry about from RO is coming from the fact that most feel like you can just swipe your CC, and that person instantly destroy your months of hard works. RO at least have some in-game mechanic to stop that if we look closely. The tier on your gears, it limit how much you can refine and the level of gem inlaid, this allow people who in your level bracket or higher still able to kill you. The limit in dailies allow for people who are casual to not fall too far back, and make people explore or do some other part of the games and not just mindless grinding one mob. RO have many functions that require people to put works into in order to build a strong character not just doing dungeons for gears. This is also one of it downside, because it forced people to do thing they don't like, and this can put a dent in character progression causing people to fall behind or feel restricted. Once people far behind, or feel like they are force to do something, the game became unbearable and not enjoyable anymore. Adding on to the facts that my.com make some unfavorable decisions, this became a snowball that is getting bigger causing a lot of people leaving and have a negative views on the game. Just my 2 cents for today o/
      as long as u pay something that someone else needs, 1 day, 2 weeks or even 1 hour more to get that is P2W. stop saying convenience are you stupid ? it is 100% p2w game so dont protect this useless mmorpg. ":that would boost your character tremendously" if a game has a p2w element that some1 gets smth that i dont get via playing i would never play it, but you pay here FOR LITERALLY EVERYTHING, use real money, convert to coins get all blueprint things buy the equipments, enter cash shop buy every tier beed, slot gem or whatever red ticket etc etc... so i go 69 with 59 gear (and not very good) and some1 lv 69 is FULL 69 +13 6 slots gem stage 5, tier 4 all and great stats on gear... SO? not pay 2 win at all
    • New

Majdanozi wrote:

as long as u pay something that someone else needs, 1 day, 2 weeks or even 1 hour more to get that is P2W. stop saying convenience are you stupid ? it is 100% p2w game so dont protect this useless mmorpg.
      We should end this P2W subject since you pretty much covered all the games with a CS.
      Red text: My moderator alter ego in action. PAY attention !!
      Check out our guides
      Scene Chronicles - Pictorial Guide (WIP)

iNoob (15 Members)

Never feel like a noob when you're in iNoob.

• New

Majdanozi wrote:

Tainted wrote:

My definition of pay to win is when the only way you can get an item or items, that would boost your character tremendously is via Cash Shop only. Otherwise is pay for convenience/cosmetic for me. I guess it depend on what game you grew up playing with, because they are ton of games out there that are 10x worse than RO. So for me RO isn't that p2w, consider you can farm most of the item in-game, albeit it take a while.

The p2w that people worry about from RO is coming from the fact that most feel like you can just swipe your CC, and that person instantly destroy your months of hard works. RO at least have some in-game mechanic to stop that if we look closely. The tier on your gears, it limit how much you can refine and the level of gem inlaid, this allow people who in your level bracket or higher still able to kill you. The limit in dailies allow for people who are casual to not fall too far back, and make people explore or do some other part of the games and not just mindless grinding one mob. RO have many functions that require people to put works into in order to build a strong character not just doing dungeons for gears. This is also one of it downside, because it forced people to do thing they don't like, and this can put a dent in character progression causing people to fall behind or feel restricted. Once people far behind, or feel like they are force to do something, the game became unbearable and not enjoyable anymore. Adding on to the facts that my.com make some unfavorable decisions, this became a snowball that is getting bigger causing a lot of people leaving and have a negative views on the game. Just my 2 cents for today o/
      as long as u pay something that someone else needs, 1 day, 2 weeks or even 1 hour more to get that is P2W. stop saying convenience are you stupid ? it is 100% p2w game so dont protect this useless mmorpg. ":that would boost your character tremendously" if a game has a p2w element that some1 gets smth that i dont get via playing i would never play it, but you pay here FOR LITERALLY EVERYTHING, use real money, convert to coins get all blueprint things buy the equipments, enter cash shop buy every tier beed, slot gem or whatever red ticket etc etc... so i go 69 with 59 gear (and not very good) and some1 lv 69 is FULL 69 +13 6 slots gem stage 5, tier 4 all and great stats on gear... SO? not pay 2 win at all
      Base on this sentiment everything is p2w,

Any game with founder pack,cash shop or add on content which cost money is p2w ...
      including playing with yourself..if uses lotion which gives you boost or tissue which u need to buy ... its p2w ...

The game is totally f2p its just not f2w (free to win) seen and heard many ppl able get to server top 10 without spending a dime just that how much time and resources needed to spend.. if someone does not has the time or resources and want to win dont play MMORPG , single player game is the way to go .

The post was edited 1 time, last by Leng Zai ().

• New

How is paying for something that available for everyone ingame is pay to win? When the only thing they gain is faster progress in the long haul? And for future reference do not start off a convo by calling people idiot, don't you know when you point finger at someone three is point pointing back at you?
    • New

People saying that this game is pay to progress might have a point but those F2Ps who are catching up now, after many many months, are enjoying an empty dead server. Players who PAID from the start enjoyed the game when it was at it's peak. Pay to progress yes but how many months do the F2P players have to endure in order to catch up to the Paying customers who been thrashing them in pvp and getting top clears? I know it requires time and resources to play an mmo but there's so much to acquire in order to catch up, new players get overwhelmed and end up quitting. No wonder RO struggles to maintain a healthy playerbase.

And those who are F2P and in the top 10 might board have been there since early CBT, have had experience in the CN servers, have been members in the dominant guilds, which used to farm world bosses non stop, played the auction house game when it was viable, played at a time when aurum was cheap as hell and no-life'd the heck out this game.

You don't see any new end game players now and days. Most of the existing decent end game players I see on Snowpine are the same faces I have been seeing for months. I'm not trying to bash this game, I have enjoyed playing it when it was still alive and thriving, it had so much potential and wished it didn't end in the state it is right now.

The post was edited 2 times, last by u_1053304 ().

• New

What do you think? People are making drawings, design the game world, quest stories, buy game servers, and all what is need to launch a complicated game as RO. Are they doing this for free?????
      I think the players who enjoy to play this game, are for sure agree that those game-designers get also payed to keep it running. Nobody works for free!
      Now stop this silly thread and go play lol !
    • New

Arwen wrote:

What do you think? People are making drawings, design the game world, quest stories, buy game servers, and all what is need to launch a complicated game as RO. Are they doing this for free?????
      I think the players who enjoy to play this game, are for sure agree that those game-designers get also payed to keep it running. Nobody works for free!
      Now stop this silly thread and go play lol !
      It seems that you didn't get the point of my post and the whole thread. It's okay, It happens. Have fun playing Revelation Online.

The post was edited 1 time, last by u_1053304 ().

• New

I can only play casually, so , you may put me in the P2W category because I have spent money on this game. But , weirdly , I don't feel like im winning in any sort of forms but I do felt like I did catch up some gaps between someone I know personally in game that practically is f2p apart from spending under 100$. All his gears , crystals and marks are all played. And it's beyond my level even tho I paid.

To catch up his current PvP / PVE marks , and crystals . im close , but I have to pay alot more to be on par. Which I recently stopped paying on this game.
      If , I did end up catching up to him, I will still have to keep on paying just to substation the level for what he achieves simply by spending more time on the game which I do not have.

F2p is restricted for what ?
      Im limited to receiving PvP marks through dtoll. ( Only on gold) compared to him.
      Im limited to getting anything else if I don't have time to do it.

F2w but put in the effort . Ull achieve everything in game. Nothing for f2w to get spoon fed and be like P2W or OP of a true f2p.

Have I pay to win ? I seriously dont recall any "winning"

Have I pay to catch up ? Yes I did see a improvement in gears.
      Was it worth it to catch up ? Not really now.

Ciao.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Succmedri ().