f
s

A little question as a newbie

• A little question as a newbie

I just got my own PC after struggling for years and finally I can play my dream mmorpg and the butter on bread is that my girlfriend's gonna play it with me,

I just have one question,

What classes do you guys suggest us?
      Personally I'm thinking about
      Swordmage + Occulist ( sorry if I spelt it wrong )
      Or Blade Master + Summoner

Any suggestions are welcomed ^^

PS: we wanna stay as duo for a while till we are good and find a guild for more player raids

Thank You
    • Well, I used to play this game @ release, it was fun. I wish you good luck .

I usually start in any mmorpg as a healer, or tanker. From experience, it seems that those 2 are the most needed in every game I played that has trinity concept.

so think of SS -Spirit Shaper as well, it has damage skills too .
    • LordBolt wrote:

I just got my own PC after struggling for years and finally I can play my dream mmorpg and the butter on bread is that my girlfriend's gonna play it with me,

I just have one question,

What classes do you guys suggest us?
      Personally I'm thinking about
      Swordmage + Occulist ( sorry if I spelt it wrong )
      Or Blade Master + Summoner

Any suggestions are welcomed ^^

PS: we wanna stay as duo for a while till we are good and find a guild for more player raids

Thank You
      Hi LordBolt,

Firstly Welcome to Revelation Online.

Regarding your question ,
      same as most mmorpg the challenge of making a party always has been finding healer/tank,
      Therefore i would suggest that to do spirit sharper (summoner/ healer) and Blade Master (dps/off tank ) which easier form party
      or can consider mix match of Vanguard (tank) and Occulitst (heal/dps)

As for finding a guild/server do consider the active hours , you want to find one which matches your online hours .

I hope you have a great time here and able to find friends also guidance
    • Don't go by what you feel is needed most go by what you enjoy playing! Personally I found occultist great for solo's and duos along with later big raids. Swordmage I found not to be for me, but I rarely like playing the mage classes. I have found my love in assassin after its release (my go to class in all games). I have never played the vanguard/blademaster/gunner/spiritshaper class but I also know those play styles usually don't appeal to me. So again go with what you truly enjoy. There is no point in playing a class because you feel it will be the most needed. If you are geared and decent at your class you won't find yourself shut out of end game content very often.

Also I would recommend joining a casual guild (depends on what server you are on) early on as they can help you with questions and learning the game. This game has a steep learning curve (it rushes you to level before you learn much at the level you are at) and doesn't do very well in explaining things. Guilds are great knowledge sources! If you want to switch to a more PvP focused or different guild in general later there is only an 6 hr wait period (do it before you go to bed and you can switch when you wake up).

• Lyosha wrote:

Also I would recommend joining a casual guild (depends on what server you are on) early on as they can help you with questions and learning the game. This game has a steep learning curve (it rushes you to level before you learn much at the level you are at) and doesn't do very well in explaining things. Guilds are great knowledge sources! If you want to switch to a more PvP focused or different guild in general later there is only an 6 hr wait period (do it before you go to bed and you can switch when you wake up).
      Wish I'd known this a few weeks ago, because I'd have done things differently. "Steep learning curve" is understating it. The game is poorly translated in English, so hard to understand and a lot of the information and guides that you can google, are either old from CBT or based on Chinese experiences and not relevant to our version.

I'm currently stalled on my main at level 59, while I try to understand why (or if) I am undergeared (as compared to others my level that I've inspected) and how I can fix it (or if I need to) before I continue any further. Having a helpful guild would be a huge help, but unfortunately on Snowpine server, all I see are recruitments for level 70+ players, by the active, veteran guilds.

I got stuck very easily, all I did was just run the quests that I found and didn't realize I had to do any dungeons. Although I am part of a large gaming community, I tend to play MMOs (outside of our "Chapter" games), alone, but since the OP at least has a partner, they should fare a lot better. RO's system seems to focus a lot on playing with at least two players.

But yea, my one regret is playing solo and not having joined a guild, earlier in levels. Well, at least asking around, because I'm not sure that there are any veteran guilds, who are willing to help low levels on my server, since most of the recruitment posts are old and I haven't seen any in-game adverts aimed at recruiting new players.
    • Sekkerhund wrote:

Wish I'd known this a few weeks ago, because I'd have done things differently. "Steep learning curve" is understating it. The game is poorly translated in English, so hard to understand and a lot of the information and guides that you can google, are either old from CBT or based on Chinese experiences and not relevant to our version.
      I'm currently stalled on my main at level 59, while I try to understand why (or if) I am undergeared (as compared to others my level that I've inspected) and how I can fix it (or if I need to) before I continue any further. Having a helpful guild would be a huge help, but unfortunately on Snowpine server, all I see are recruitments for level 70+ players, by the active, veteran guilds.

I got stuck very easily, all I did was just run the quests that I found and didn't realize I had to do any dungeons. Although I am part of a large gaming community, I tend to play MMOs (outside of our "Chapter" games), alone, but since the OP at least has a partner, they should fare a lot better. RO's system seems to focus a lot on playing with at least two players.

But yea, my one regret is playing solo and not having joined a guild, earlier in levels. Well, at least asking around, because I'm not sure that there are any veteran guilds, who are willing to help low levels on my server, since most of the recruitment posts are old and I haven't seen any in-game adverts aimed at recruiting new players.
      Unfortunately, I am on Darkfall so I can't directly help you out in game. I am sending you a message though on how to contact me outside this particular forum thread if you would like some help. I have been playing since the first closed beta and am more then willing to take the time to help answer questions you have about the game. As for finding a guild I recommend you check out the official Revelation Online Discord. Here is a link. They have a guild recruitment chat that seems to be more active then the forums for recruitment.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gladia: direct link to Discord server ().

• Sekkerhund wrote:

Lyosha wrote:

I am in Tenacious on Snowpine server and we have no level requirement. The majority of the guild is around the level 70's bracket, however we have a few around the 50's-60's as well. We area Casual-Semi HC mix, and PvX, guild which has been here since Beta phases. Though I don't want to jack this thread, but you're more than welcome to shoot me a PM, or post on our recruitment thread here on the forums. Tenacious Recruit thread
    • Thanks for the replies. Yea, I don't want to hijack this thread either, I'd been contemplating posting my own thread and was reading through some already posted, but I saw that Lyosha posted some very important advice, here, that new players need to be aware of. Since i've had a negative experience that highlights the importance of that advice, I decided to go ahead and weigh in with a reply.

This game has a lot of complicated sub-systems, especially the social systems and ignoring those social systems can put a new player into a difficult, confusing spot, very easily. If you're lucky enough to be playing with a friend, then class-type pairing may seem most important, but more important is understanding and learning the social sub-systems that will benefit your pairing more than class-types.
    • Sekkerhund wrote:

Lyosha wrote:

My guild (Redemption) is in snowpine and we recruit all levels. I'm still nooby even at lvl 69 but they've been a godsend in actively helping me with dungeons and questions. Feel free to add me in game if you want (Raeva) and I'll see if I can help. : D
      Raeva -Snowpine
    • @LordBolt

Hey there and welcome!

@Sekkerhund
      A tip from me :D
      Many newbies make the mistake to not level up at*59/69* . Just click the dam level up button! As soon as you can level up just do it.
      The reasons are far more than the reasons to not level up!
      Once you hit that level button keep in mind, your XP scales when you're higher level , it will be easier for you to farm Xp for your Cultivations. and getting to action with high levels.
      People at least in EU where the servers are far better than NA in terms of population. and PVE/PVP. Will most likely spam world chat for Raid runs so getting gear up to 69 is a piece of cake.
      Some will argue that you will get blasted in Arena and Battlegrounds if you go under geared, but many forget Battlegrounds and Arena are non existing below level 70 :D

Join us on!
      Discord

• Sup,

I maybe a little late for you now but this is my opinion.

For love birds on this game BEST COMBO:

- VG (Vanguard) Mostly Tank/ can also be damage but sacrifice your tank mode = SS (Spirit Shaper) Healer/ can also do damage but sacrifice your heal mode

If both of you are pro: Best Option:
      - BM (Blade Master) Can do Tank and Damage on both areas = Occu (Occulist) can do Heal and Damage aswell in both areas.

Note: VG and SS are mostly demanded in higher level runs.

Hope this helps

Good luck :thumbup:
    • @Nehpets

i for example play as a BM while my partner plays Occu :)
      Why?
      Because i find Spiritshapers personally overrated...especially since as a BM i can pretty much heal myself up at certain points so there isn't much heal needed. I rather enjoy the occu as my personal pocket heal but even more so, my personal Buff provider. There is nothing better than having that perfect timed buff when you unleash your full burst rota. It's so satisfying, especially since Occus can help you out with Trash Mobbs or even at Boss fights as well

Personally i really think it depends on the gamers playstyle and what classes they prefer to use (like range or melee, physical or magic dmg), only then you can actually think about making a decent combination

Our Guild Homepage: nudistbeach.enjin.com/
    • To scale the game play

BM (Blade Master) in all class is the more compact game style while the Occulist is the most proportion in the game build. A pro BM and Occu can surely not denied this facts.

Sin (Assassin) a new class is a hmmm I could say a little straight forward. SM (Sword Mage) is a little fun .

Note: If you prepare pure hardcore game style go for a ASSASSIN. Best OP(Over Power) for now haha :P