f
s

Trade Pack Runs (Guild Merchant)

• Trade Pack Runs (Guild Merchant)

I have been starting to do more trade pack runs for the guild recently, but have been struggling to find a decent route that I really like. I am fairly knowledgeable about the mechanics of what to buy (Over vs Under Produced), Dropping packs and picking them up again, and using boats to get from Sulan/Sidus Ur/Fort Whetstone. I would like suggestions on what routes people like to take and why they like their intended route. I could do this myself, but it is insanely time consuming to run a trade pack around to all the stops to see how my prices change and I know some of you have this information already. (It took me 20 min to travel from Fort Whetstone to Eventide bay to sell Sapphire Ores or something like for a pretty good price, but honestly didn't feel worth the time for the value)
      • Does running North/South compared to East/West work better/worse/doesn't matter?
      • What is the shortest (time) route to just complete the quest for days I am limited on time?
      • What routes make you the most money?
      Thanks for sharing!

• Ramonex wrote:

I just do this quest for the fealty, so i tried to be as fast as possible.
      The route that i use is this one
      I found at least on the first try of that route that I could go from Sulan to Bear and back to Sulan and finish the quest (skip heading all the way to Eventide and back to Sulan). I got 20k notes and finished in 16 minutes which if you are looking for fastest seems like one of the routes that you can do.

I have done on the base mount with no speed boosts:

Snowpine > S. Imp City > Bear in 14 min for 22k
      S. Imp > Bear> Zip to S. Imp > Snowpine 15 min for 21k
      Sulan > Bear > Sulan in 16 min 20k
      Sulan > Snowpine > S. Imp City in 16 min for 19k

I had one run where I did Snowpine > S. Imp > Immortal Annex (11 min) but I was like 18,100 notes that I didn't think it was a reliable run.

Still curious on what people run for high notes runs.

• there are several advance tricks of doing the merchant run. The objective is to optimizing the compounding effect of profit margin by increasing the frequency of trades with the least time.

A. ROUTES and WHY

The route I mostly used are:
      1. A. Hamlet & Sulan & Eventide Bay
      2. South imperial city & imperial city.

Choice of these roads are mainly because of price change timer. Price change will happen each 5mins. Consider the fact that roughly take 1mins to manage sales and purchase of goods, left 4 mins. U can either spend entire 4 mins to make 1 trip to make a single 20% profit or make two 2mins trips to make two times 20% profit, I choose latter. So one way trip should take less than 2mins. By far these 2 routes have the most flat terrain and less obstacles (house, NPC, etc) that block the road. If u make a single trip longer than 5mins, the goods that initially over produced will become under produced when u reach destination.

B. PRICE & PROFIT MARGIN

Although the regular advice is buying those that labelled green and avoid those label red, 50% of time it might be another way round.

Normally is advisable to buy each item 1 piece while the rest buy green label. And when u reach destination, u can check each of their actual profit margin. Sometimes no label or red label can be sold at 40-50% profit due to its recent price change.

If there is like 30s left for price change, pls wait for it to happen prior make any purchase.

This is one of the reason why should take shortest distance between points so if you happen to get an item with absurd profit margin, u can just spam and repeat.

C. OVERLOADING & MERCHANDISE DROPPING

When you are closing to your quest objective, try to manage your sales and purchase of inventory carefully, so you can have your inventory at full capacity while your objective close to something like 17000/18000.

Example of how to do it:
      Value of potential full sales 25000, current 500/18000, slot 10/18
      Sell a portion 15000, current 15500/18000, slot 4/18
      Buy new item [email protected] 1000, slot 18/ 18, current 1500/18000
      Sell remaining old item 10000, current 11500/18000, slot 14/ 18
      Buy new item [email protected], slot 18/18, current 7500/18000, slot 18/18
      Travel to new destination.

Repeat this until u got 18000/18000, and full load. Drop your goods and report quest, come back and pick your item, so u won't have to start fresh next round. Dropped items have 5 mins protection and 1 hour of existence. Normally other ppl won't pick it up even it lapsed 5 mins, cause stolen goods is not usable by others other than selling them for few hundred of notes.

This is also part of the reasons of such routes taken cause the trade post is very close to tele portal, u can quickly drop loot, portal back to base, get back to loots.

D. DONT FINISH LAST ROUND of trade

Daily trades are 5 times, don't finish the last round.

Assuming you are still on lower tier of trade 5000/18000 ( 8000/21000 if your faction level is the highest), choke the last round at 17000+/18000, don't finish nor opt out. The last round can be carried to next day, u start with 17000 capital, and complete it next day. It save a lot of time.

These are just few critical tricks to do, practice make perfect until you can finish all 5 runs in less than 30mins. There are still few minor things which I lazy to write. Will come back when mood is good in writing on mobile phone.
    • LeBear wrote:

there are several advance tricks of doing the merchant run. The objective is to optimizing the compounding effect of profit margin by increasing the frequency of trades with the least time.

A. ROUTES and WHY

The route I mostly used are:
      1. A. Hamlet & Sulan & Eventide Bay
      2. South imperial city & imperial city.

Choice of these roads are mainly because of price change timer. Price change will happen each 5mins. Consider the fact that roughly take 1mins to manage sales and purchase of goods, left 4 mins. U can either spend entire 4 mins to make 1 trip to make a single 20% profit or make two 2mins trips to make two times 20% profit, I choose latter. So one way trip should take less than 2mins. By far these 2 routes have the most flat terrain and less obstacles (house, NPC, etc) that block the road. If u make a single trip longer than 5mins, the goods that initially over produced will become under produced when u reach destination.

B. PRICE & PROFIT MARGIN

Although the regular advice is buying those that labelled green and avoid those label red, 50% of time it might be another way round.

Normally is advisable to buy each item 1 piece while the rest buy green label. And when u reach destination, u can check each of their actual profit margin. Sometimes no label or red label can be sold at 40-50% profit due to its recent price change.

If there is like 30s left for price change, pls wait for it to happen prior make any purchase.

This is one of the reason why should take shortest distance between points so if you happen to get an item with absurd profit margin, u can just spam and repeat.

C. OVERLOADING & MERCHANDISE DROPPING

When you are closing to your quest objective, try to manage your sales and purchase of inventory carefully, so you can have your inventory at full capacity while your objective close to something like 17000/18000.

Example of how to do it:
      Value of potential full sales 25000, current 500/18000, slot 10/18
      Sell a portion 15000, current 15500/18000, slot 4/18
      Buy new item [email protected] 1000, slot 18/ 18, current 1500/18000
      Sell remaining old item 10000, current 11500/18000, slot 14/ 18
      Buy new item [email protected], slot 18/18, current 7500/18000, slot 18/18
      Travel to new destination.

Repeat this until u got 18000/18000, and full load. Drop your goods and report quest, come back and pick your item, so u won't have to start fresh next round. Dropped items have 5 mins protection and 1 hour of existence. Normally other ppl won't pick it up even it lapsed 5 mins, cause stolen goods is not usable by others other than selling them for few hundred of notes.

This is also part of the reasons of such routes taken cause the trade post is very close to tele portal, u can quickly drop loot, portal back to base, get back to loots.

D. DONT FINISH LAST ROUND of trade

Daily trades are 5 times, don't finish the last round.

Assuming you are still on lower tier of trade 5000/18000 ( 8000/21000 if your faction level is the highest), choke the last round at 17000+/18000, don't finish nor opt out. The last round can be carried to next day, u start with 17000 capital, and complete it next day. It save a lot of time.

These are just few critical tricks to do, practice make perfect until you can finish all 5 runs in less than 30mins. There are still few minor things which I lazy to write. Will come back when mood is good in writing on mobile phone.
      Do you know how much fealty you get from doing these? Is it a set amount or can it also vary?
    • As per requested from multiple pms, in summary:

1. Prioritization of full utilization of fund in purchase instead of partial fund spending in buying highest margin products

2. Must buy the best cart to cut down travel time and to allow extra fund reserve for next run with bigger inventory drop

3. Posting additional 10 merchant runs for additional fealty

4. Usage of alternate character in completing posted quests

5. Quick faction levelling on alternate character to purchase better cart by mutually completing posted quests

6. Limiting merchant operations on alternates by only doing posteds upon faction maturity to optimize time usage

7. Usage of scrolls to reset guild base tele skill CD for rapid quest reporting

8. Retention of goods in cart on alternates by direct log off in cart mode

9. Retention of funds with main quest on alternates instead of posted quests

10. Reverse calculation for last round quest to ensure total final selling price won't exceed the reporting objective

11. The primary obj of merchant run is NEVER going to be generating imperial notes for character as only 10% of net profit be converted to notes as reward. The cost of time is far greater than the max amount of notes that could be generated per run. Given the similar amount of time, u can forage more low tier raw materials and sell to npc or AH to be converted to more imperial notes. So report the quest at the right amount as per quest requested.

Just some minor tips as per my current memory. Wil
      l elaborate and add more on demand when got free time.

The post was edited 2 times, last by LeBear ().

• I see i reply to an old thread, but want to add to the above where people only make 18-22k per run, but if you take 30 mins for all 5 runs, bout cannot make all that much money, lol.
      If, instead, you start in Fort Whetstone and go to Secret camp. Buying Firebrand and Guns, you will be able to make around 108k on a Camel and my max on a huge card was 145k. Just from riding back and forth between those 2 sites.
      It will take you around 20 minutes per run, but at least it's more than the 18k per run.
      Hope someone can be helped.