f
s

Joust Of The Stoic Accessibility: Make it at least WHOLE day instead of a few limited hours on a single day

• Joust Of The Stoic Accessibility: Make it at least WHOLE day instead of a few limited hours on a single day

Why is it only at a time like 16.00-19.00?

I will never understand WHY there are events that are so limitfull... those events should be the WHOLE DAY instead of a tiny portion of it.

There are billion of people that will NEVER do such kind of events, like this one because they are at work.

In fact, for this event (i don't know if it was here already, it just happend to take my attention casually) a whole 90% of my clan is at work during that time.

Change this event and ALL other ones to be during the WHOLE DAY instead. Since you can access em only once (i guess) i don't understand such nonsense to make it only during that time.

BryanFury - Clan Leader | Forum | Facebook |
    • Events to run at least 24 hrs instead of a few limited hours on a single day

Increase the availability of events that currently run on only a few hours to at least 24 hours

Recently in a patch notes there were mentions of a couple of events that had a very limited time window in which players could participate in them.

3 in-game events are mentioned here (Joust of the Stoic, Inner Demons, and the Divine Lantern Festival), and of all 3, they are limited to a very small window one 1 single day (with Joust of the Stoic and Inner Demons running once every 3 weeks).

Every event already has a limit, whether it be entry limits, or logged in time-reward limits. So there are already limits in place to keep players from exploiting it in some way, such as getting more loot than the developers intended. On top of this, they limit these events to once every 3 weeks, or in the case of the Divine Lantern Festival, ONCE A YEAR. Is it really necessary to impose a small time window on that single day to further limit people who can actually participate?

I for one can not make ANY of the 3 events listed. So that's just content that may as well not exist for me. The majority of my guild is also international, and not in the NA time zones (server time) that these events are targeted at and will most likely miss out due to being at work. I question why there needs to be a time frame for these events to begin with.

A 24 hour event makes more sense logically simply because it's the minimal amount of inclusiveness, not just for people in other time zones but for people in the NA time zones that have other commitments that would otherwise have participated. Arbitrarily limiting such an event to a short window is unnecessarily exclusive. Why even have the event at all? Why would a company employ such a practice that intentionally excludes their customers? It's bad PR.

I mentioned this issue in the official Revelation discord, and one person replied with "its not the problem of a publisher if you can not be there for an event lel". *

Another player responded with:
      "Technically.. it IS a issue for the publisher if you are making a game that takes up many different time zones. You must modify the in-game mechanics to properly affect your whole player base.. otherwise it is a nonsense to publish a game for a population that can't participate into the in-game events. OFC, you can't make the 100% of the population be there for it BUT at least with few efforts you may try to optimize the numbers to the max you can ... Before being a game, a mmorpg is a product. As that you have to get some revenue from it. You are not gaining money if don't make the proper modification to attract the most players you can to do it.."*

I agree with this response 100%. It's better to have a game model where events are inclusive rather an exclusive. Too many of Revelation Online's events are exclusive by their few and far between days on which they're held, and the limited hours on that day on which they're accessible. Even if they days available do not change...

Please consider increasing the time for these events to the FULL DAY (24 hours).

(Also, for the argument, this is something the Game Developers (Netease) has to agree to and implement, not something the Publisher (my.com/mail.ru) can do, at the very least this is a change the Publishers SHOULD be requesting of Netease. You can actually see in these same patch notes where they have actually INCREASED the time of an in-game event - the Dark and Light sale. Admittedly this is an in-game SALE and not the same as the other events, but still... they got that 2 weeks event that was originally to end on the 8th of Feb 2018 extended to the 20th didn't they???)

*I'd credit the quotes, but don't want to name people since that may break forum rules.
    • u_17726344 wrote:

why the event only meant to NA player ? even the joust of the stoic is 16:00.... the hell ? its still fine with the other event around 19:00 or 20:00. but the stoic is just too much for sea player
      Hello @u_17726344

I have merged your thread with an on-going topic, please feel free to continue your discussion here.

Regards, Mandii
    • u_17726344 wrote:

why the event only meant to NA player ? even the joust of the stoic is 16:00.... the hell ? its still fine with the other event around 19:00 or 20:00. but the stoic is just too much for sea player
      In RO, the event time is determined by NetEase and it is generally set around prime time of the server regional location for group PvP/tourney type of events. Since the NA servers is in NA and is based on the NA population, it is set to CST, just like EU is CET.
      Red text: My moderator alter ego in action. PAY attention !!
      Check out our guides
      Scene Chronicles - Pictorial Guide (WIP)

iNoob (15 Members)

Never feel like a noob when you're in iNoob.

• you know I'd have to agree with this idea. if you think about it not all the players that make RO are from NA.
      so saying this is the time frame meant for NA kind of means you are excluding everybody else who does not live within the NA region and plays on those server.
      not to be rude or anything but I think a 12 hour time frame or 24 hour would be good.
      First comes destruction
    • Mikazuki wrote:

you know I'd have to agree with this idea. if you think about it not all the players that make RO are from NA.
      so saying this is the time frame meant for NA kind of means you are excluding everybody else who does not live within the NA region and plays on those server.
      not to be rude or anything but I think a 12 hour time frame or 24 hour would be good.
      It doesn't matter if it is 12h or 24h (24h is better ofc)... because you can do the Joist ONLY.... ONCE every 3 weeks and you have ONLY one entry. So... what's the problem from the devs to make it the whole day as time frame, instead of the idiotic way it is now?

• Meowmix2000 wrote:

Only guess is it's an anti-bot/anti-multiaccount thing. Other possibility limit access, then throw whatever it drops on cash shop to produce some false scarcity/value.
      I seriously doubt there is ANY kind of issue about that... 99,99% of the items are bound and i'm pretty 101% sure that even those items you gain inside there are bound too.

• Meowmix2000 wrote:

I had a feeling most the stuff was bind on pickup, if true you are right. Then only other explanation, Netease is as backwards as my.com. May as well call them my.com china.
      I was lucky to not be at work for the fist Joust of the server and i did it. I can confirm that you get bound items from that and you will get exp, exccelsior and few other stuff..

This event is a nonsense to have within a small time frame instead of the whole day... this need to be changed.

• Lies wrote:

they force times to let people find a party easily, but i agree that it could last a couple of hours more, for people working
      It makes nonsense anyway.

Since it is a ONE TIME entry and you get bound items (even if you could get unbound was still a nonsense.. it is still a ONE TIME entry anyway, no matter what you do), making it the whole day is the best solution for the wole server.

• Hello,

Event times are decided by NetEase. That means that it can't be changed in a week.
      Be assured that all feedbacks and suggestions are read, and passed to the developers, but it doesn't mean that it will be implemented for sure and if it does, it can take some time.

There is also a new suggestion form here.
      Join the community chat on Discord
      ---
      Venez discuter de Revelation Online sur Discord
      FR : Pensez à changer la langue du forum dans les paramètres de compte
      ro.my.com/forum/settings/
      ---
      Revelation Online Customer Support