f
s

[Video Guide] Open World PVP System

• Hmmm, speaking from a pure PvPer point of view. Me and those who enjoy all aspects of PvP are never a fan of being punished for enjoying such an aspect/mechanic of the game we are playing. But its understandable why penalties are implemented.

I will say, this is one of the most lenient penalties I have seen in awhile. Wont be long till people have "throw away" gear and just PK with it haha. Very pleased.
    • Knxwledge wrote:

Hmmm, speaking from a pure PvPer point of view. Me and those who enjoy all aspects of PvP are never a fan of being punished for enjoying such an aspect/mechanic of the game we are playing. But its understandable why penalties are implemented.

I will say, this is one of the most lenient penalties I have seen in awhile. Wont be long till people have "throw away" gear and just PK with it haha. Very pleased.
      As a pvp lover, i do understand your pov, but im ok with the current system as i see its almost the same that Lineage 2 have (minus the current penalty for pk, wich become insane after GOD update). Penalty isnt that high, but fair enought to prevent abuse of the system (kill multiple players in a row) and leave the other player an oportunity to fight back in equal situation (I can see pk/pvp players hiting others and waiting for a response this way), it also allows the player to kill specific troll players in specific spots.
      Those who like pvp, will most likely be in pvp guilds, and there is an ow guild war system to pk/pvp without penalty so, pk for the sake of it wont be a main feature (other than the fun to go and pk in group).
      And if you head explodes, with dark forebodings too, i´ll see you on the dark side of the moon.
    • Lordamion wrote:

As a pvp lover, i do understand your pov, but im ok with the current system as i see its almost the same that Lineage 2 have (minus the current penalty for pk, wich become insane after GOD update). Penalty isnt that high, but fair enought to prevent abuse of the system (kill multiple players in a row) and leave the other player an oportunity to fight back in equal situation (I can see pk/pvp players hiting others and waiting for a response this way), it also allows the player to kill specific troll players in specific spots.
      Those who like pvp, will most likely be in pvp guilds, and there is an ow guild war system to pk/pvp without penalty so, pk for the sake of it wont be a main feature (other than the fun to go and pk in group).
      I assure you, random pking will still be the same like every other game. Having a second gear set for just the occasion will be one way around the penalty. Throw away gear ya know?
    • Which benefit we have from open world PvP? Like in archeage, we can steal expensive tradepacks from players but what is the reason in revilation to kill ppl. in open pvp for?

EDIT: I got an awnser in the comments from the guide above.

As long, as players dosen't drop good items/amounts of gold, it sounds not that interesting to risk to loose your gear.

The post was edited 1 time, last by VAN ().

• VAN wrote:

Which benefit we have from open world PvP? Like in archeage, we can steal expensive tradepacks from players but what is the reason in revilation to kill ppl. in open pvp for?

EDIT: I got an awnser in the comments from the guide above.

As long, as players dosen't drop good items/amounts of gold, it sounds not that interesting to risk to loose your gear.
      I played a similar game with this system, it probrably is going to allow them to have an item in your inventory that minus 1 from the stack if killed in pvp( so instead of gear drop it uses the item*)
      Got it Coach <3 :thumbsup: <3
      NA-Semi Hardcore Guild :)