f
s

My.com Accidentally Releases Something Fun, Only To Be Taken Away

• My.com Accidentally Releases Something Fun, Only To Be Taken Away

Anyone else here besides me think that 2 maints ago, the accidental "double mob spawn" "bug" was the best and most fun thing to happen in this game in some time?
      I've never seen so much rushing to do poachers, laughter/joking/communication among people partying to quickly rush through it, in quite some time either.
      Chat seemed livelier across the board, the game felt some semblance of "alive", it was like opening week all over again...
      And then it happened...

Ninefold Assault.
      Double Mobs.

OH-EMM-GEE was that fun, and I'm not being sarcastic. Double explosive mobs? Mashing skills like crazy people to kill the yellow guys that buff/protect mobs? Just sheer madness in general? My small 5 man team all decided it was the most fun 9fold event, EVER.

Who knew that something so simple, such as double mobs, could have such a big impact on gameplay and mood?

(Though I guess when you been screwing stuff up for so long, this may have felt extremely more fun than it should have been, but that's another story for another post for another day).

Then it happened again.

This week's maint.

All that fun and joy gone, as if it had never happened....

I guess as I sit here at 1pm on a Saturday with a 15k second queue time for a 10v10... it's back to.... #DeadGame.
    • For the record, this "bug" had all positive results and no negative...i.e.:

- Poachers is one of the most mundane of the "daily" routines anymore. This sped it up and made it a bit more fun
      - With the massively declining playerbase, resulting in astronomical queue times for battlefields, Army Coins are hard to cap at 15k/17k anymore. The double mobs in 9fold added a way to get more AC during that event and made the lack of BF pops a bit more tolerable.
    • Can't forget the real stars of the forced double spawns: the npcs and environment pieces that keep mysteriously disappearing were actually there, allowing quests (120, journey, faction dailies, story quests, etc) to be completed.

Now they are gone again. Just gone, no forced spawns to allow quests to be completed. Gone.

Thanks broken builds being pushed out to live! Really loving not being able to get through the normal routine because things are just flat out missing.
    • Reading this makes me recall what my guildmate said in the guild chat. They remove the positive bug and keep the negative bug like forever (i.e. mythos --whatever the reasons why its not fixed yet among other stupid bugs). Seems like they hate it if the players are happy and just having fun!!
    • Hello PirateSteve and the other honourable ladies and gentlemen who replied,

I'm glad to hear that some people found the double NPCs / monsters to add fun to the game!
      Just for clarity, we had to take these measures because we suffer from a bug that causes NPCs to fail to spawn upon server initialisation, seemingly randomly ( as you obviously have noticed). When we get reports of just a couple of missing NPCs (or when we find them ourselves), we spawn them one by one. When we start to get dozens of reports, we just duplicate everything, because it is the most reliable solution we have found so far. Yes, we do realise this is slightly ridiculous.

You outline the positive aspects, for which I'm thankful, but there are also multiple negative effects:
      - It increases lag for users with old hardware.
      - It actually makes some activities really (really) hard, not all of them stay fun.

While we wait for NetEase to fix the server initialisation, we will continue to spawn NPCs manually, unless we're forced to just double everything.
      We'll also share your feedback with NetEase's game designer for Revelation Online, she may find that increasing the number of monsters for various tasks / areas would benefit the game.

Bests,
      Hugo
    • Hugo wrote:

Hello PirateSteve and the other honourable ladies and gentlemen who replied,

I'm glad to hear that some people found the double NPCs / monsters to add fun to the game!
      Just for clarity, we had to take these measures because we suffer from a bug that causes NPCs to fail to spawn upon server initialisation, seemingly randomly ( as you obviously have noticed). When we get reports of just a couple of missing NPCs (or when we find them ourselves), we spawn them one by one. When we start to get dozens of reports, we just duplicate everything, because it is the most reliable solution we have found so far. Yes, we do realise this is slightly ridiculous.

You outline the positive aspects, for which I'm thankful, but there are also multiple negative effects:
      - It increases lag for users with old hardware.
      - It actually makes some activities really (really) hard, not all of them stay fun.

While we wait for NetEase to fix the server initialisation, we will continue to spawn NPCs manually, unless we're forced to just double everything.
      We'll also share your feedback with NetEase's game designer for Revelation Online, she may find that increasing the number of monsters for various tasks / areas would benefit the game.

Bests,
      Hugo
      I don't know about 9fold and that but yeah increasing it for poachers definitely would benefit the game since the mobs are scarce and people fight over the area, if there is a full party there and you're doing your poachers as well sometimes they will turn on slayer and PvP you if you're killing the mobs, when poachers had double the spawn rate and mobs people were in and out a lot faster and since the mobs spawned so fast parties didn't really care if you killed the mobs. It made doing poachers a lot more fun, as is right now with the small amount of mobs and how spread out they're I stopped doing 1 of them in particular which is machines, even Elemental's though is pretty bad this way since you can pull maybe 3-6 mobs max without them resetting and that makes it very non enjoyable when there is others out there killing them as well that will not party up or refuse to convert to raid to invite you.