f
s

PVP - Battlefield Issues

• PVP - Battlefield Issues

Hello!

I created this thread because I would like to talk about some annoying things related to the battlefields in RO.

• Matchmaking
      Is there any matchmaking system in this game? I don't think so. I'm playing BG very often and also very often I can't see that each team is balanced.

Some examples:

Display Spoiler

Display Spoiler
      3 OCC vs 0 OCC

Display Spoiler
      0 SS vs 2 SS

Display Spoiler
      0 SS vs 2 SS

Display Spoiler
      0 SS vs 2 SS

Display Spoiler
      1 SS vs 3 SS

Display Spoiler
      2 SS vs 4 SS

Display Spoiler
      2 SS vs 4 SS

Display Spoiler
      2 SS vs 5 SS

Display Spoiler
      4 SS vs 6 SS

That's why I have a question. Why you can't make a division due to class and might? It's really unfair when one team is doomed to failure due to the incomparably weaker team. Not always because of healing but sometimes one party has experienced high might players and other has just weak newbies.

• Rewards
      I just want to suggest that PVP rewards in this game sucks. All u can get is: Army Coins, Imperial Society Medals and some outfits and mounts for a week.
      Then what to do if I already got this all? It's really pointless to try to get the same outfit again and again each week. Players don't want to play BG cuz of it's not worth it. For me PVP is endgame, I don't like PVE, but if it's not worth then what to do in this game?

• High healing/dps
      Together with Shadowblade Update you added something weird in Battlegrounds. I've never had such high healing/dps as after this update (till now). There would be nothing wrong with it but healing/dps is increased only sometimes and I have no idea how to control it. I would like someone to explain it to me.

Some examples:

It's just the same skill in the same second and without any buffs. (20 vs 20)

• Queue times
      That's the last thing I want talking about. That's really annoying that we have to wait a few hours for 1 BG. I'm sure that every PVP player could make screenshot like that:

Is it possible to connect servers to queues on battlefields? Or maybe encourage players to join by better rewards?

Regards,
      Angie

• Archangeli wrote:

Wow! Thank you so much for this detailed thread!!!

I really really really hope that the game's PvP face will change as new content gets added in!
      New content? We are light years behind CN and EVEN the RU version, excuse me but i'm bored of waiting and we should at least get the freaking optimization patch. Thats one of the reasons we lost huge base of players, some of them were on top, but I guess my.com doesnt give a dam.

Check RU version then check ours. Conclusion after? Something is hella wrong in here.

Edit: and the optimization patch would fix the queue time as it brings cross server content.
      Sicknature - 79Lvl Vanguard - [EU] Moonsea

deviantART I Portfolio I Steam I Store

• DeathNote. wrote:

Archangeli wrote:

I really really really hope that the game's PvP face will change as new content gets added in!
      New content? We are light years behind CN and EVEN the RU version, excuse me but i'm bored of waiting and we should at least get the freaking optimization patch. Thats one of the reasons we lost huge base of players, some of them were on top, but I guess my.com doesnt give a dam.
      Check RU version then check ours. Conclusion after? Something is hella wrong in here.

Edit: and the optimization patch would fix the queue time as it brings cross server content.
      Honestly, a publisher will "never" be on track with the original Region's patch list. I have never seen a publisher days apart from the original release. I do agree with you, but this will never happen. Since the CN & RU clients don't need modifying, they can push out patches faster. Also, why care what RU and CN have? We will be getting it sooner or later anyways.

The problem most players don't have, is patients. Yes, the patches are slow; but enjoy the game that is has to offer on this patch list. Look at ArcheAge and Tera Online, they are the same amount of months behind as Revelation is. Also you have to think that fixes, patches, changes are not done over night.

I have been in their shoes before, publishers always gets the negative ends of things. Not always their fault. I'm not taking anyone side on this, just saying it how it is.
    • Meltie wrote:

DeathNote. wrote:

Archangeli wrote:

New content? We are light years behind CN and EVEN the RU version, excuse me but i'm bored of waiting and we should at least get the freaking optimization patch. Thats one of the reasons we lost huge base of players, some of them were on top, but I guess my.com doesnt give a dam.Check RU version then check ours. Conclusion after? Something is hella wrong in here.

Honestly, a publisher will "never" be on track with the original Region's patch list. I have never seen a publisher days apart from the original release. I do agree with you, but this will never happen. Since the CN & RU clients don't need modifying, they can push out patches faster. Also, why care what RU and CN have? We will be getting it sooner or later anyways.
      The problem most players don't have, is patients. Yes, the patches are slow; but enjoy the game that is has to offer on this patch list. Look at ArcheAge and Tera Online, they are the same amount of months behind as Revelation is. Also you have to think that fixes, patches, changes are not done over night.

I have been in their shoes before, publishers always gets the negative ends of things. Not always their fault. I'm not taking anyone side on this, just saying it how it is.
      Are you even serious with what you trying to say? I didnt say we should be at the same state, we should be just 1 month behind RU version (plus/minus ofc) as it was in closed beta 1 month before us.

RU client does not need modifying? oh my gosh, ofc they do. On top of that I can tell you that we get the files after RU version, We even had some parts of the interface in russian, in closed beta. They have all the things I list below, yet we miss those and we lost HUGE base of players coz of that.

I guess you don't know that our devs skipped some MAJOR game features? We have assassin patch live, do you know what does that mean? we should have better optimization, cross server bgs, even the small things like custom guild emblems which should be added months ago, even our 2nd equipement tab is not working as it should coz it does not auto switch your refinements, its just fake updates. Should I go further?

For casual and RP players its nothing, but when you have PC for 7k$ and your fps goes down to 10-20 in large scale pvp, you would get pissed too. You can check google, its known for ages and some streamers were adressing it over and over, guess what? They quit already.

I dont blame them but something is definitely wrong, they either do not care or just do not know how to do stuff.

Have a nice day.
      Sicknature - 79Lvl Vanguard - [EU] Moonsea

deviantART I Portfolio I Steam I Store

• Angie wrote:

• High healing/dps
      Together with Shadowblade Update you added something weird in Battlegrounds. I've never had such high healing/dps as after this update (till now). There would be nothing wrong with it but healing/dps is increased only sometimes and I have no idea how to control it. I would like someone to explain it to me.
      Some examples:

I have an explanation for this, assassin in a party randomly boosts your attack by a lot and attack also converts to healing, this is not only a bg thing but happens anywhere as long as there is an assassin in the party.
      Assassin - Snowpine
      My random gaming blog
    • Add to this, that you get the one reminder that PvP exists, at level 40. Any other time after this, you might see the occasional Imperial notice scroll by about it. Then you look in the Dailies and weeklies in the Road To Greatness.

No daily, to remind people off it.

And just the one weekly battle orders, that's hidden at the very bottom.

Half the game is PvP. But other than the few events that popup, Snowpine, Starshatter, Deathmatch, and Territory Wars. All of which can't even be used to rank up in PvP. There is absolutely nothing to advertise the other HALF of the game. The PvP half.

As Deathnote stated, Optimization would go a long way to fixing this. Cross-server BGs, well, at least if you queue from level 40-59, then you might actually have a chance to get one.

The army coins and war medals, are the standard reward. But if all you see using them on is the costumes and mounts. Well, then you're missing one small factor. Even though I can't rank up past rank I, I can still spend my Army coins on upgrading my PvP marks. Maybe even grab some badge fragments here and there when I have the "you can buy unbound" items ticket. There's also the book vendor and gear vendors.

Could there be more? Sure. But his is what we have right now.

The main thing is getting people to PvP. Perhaps, putting some of the PvE materials, like Sun of Fervarite in the PvP grocer list would be good.

Also it doesn't help in any way, shape, or form, that things like the Badge box. You know, the one you can buy only one per week of, is in both the Guardian Grocer and the Imperial Grocer, but they're linked. If you buy one from either vendor, you can't buy another from the other vendor. This is removing some incentive, that would otherwise get more people to PvP.

As for the 4000 second queue timer. Ehhhh... that's nothing. I was queued for 17000 seconds today.

So lack of incentive and advertisement of PvP, are two primary causes for people not to PvP.
    • I tried BG yesterday and it was my first time ever. I would like to say that battling was much more fun in PvP because unlike PvE you're not grinding the same dungeon again and again. It is (or it should be) unpredictable.

For my first experience I can totally relate all the issues that have been mentioned here. I am from DO (US) server where people literally have to encourage others in world chat to fill the 20v20 slot. Sometimes it takes forever to fill in the slots. Even after that, what you receive after such long wait is not even near sufficient enough.

Besides matchmaking is so bad that victory can be predicted from the very beginning. That removes the one fun part of match being unpredictable. All the matches I played class and might ratio in team wasn't satisfactory enough.

I would love RO if they work on this thing. Battleground is a great idea but these things are holding it back from being what it can be.
    • You can't really steam roll in some Bg in RO even with whales on one side. I was in many BG where we had whales and still lost, because everyone too focus on farming kills and ignored the points and npc...so rip :/. I agreed though on the incentives to pvp, there isn't much for pve'er to want to do pvp. There is nothing that actually attracted players to want to do it. Although I know that in the future patch, you need to do cross-server to upgrade your badges, and for upgrading you guild. What I hope they do is reduce the price of getting pve gems via pvp then maybe we see more people doing it?
    • imo there are already a lot of good things to get from pvp, like 1-2k bronze from second chest, hema 2 for coins instead of DS points, marks, sidus, etc, but there are too many things to do in game, so often people do just DT MHT some dungeon runs like retreat/slaught, scour, guild n class quests, and the day is over already
    • Angie wrote:

• High healing/dps
      Together with Shadowblade Update you added something weird in Battlegrounds. I've never had such high healing/dps as after this update (till now). There would be nothing wrong with it but healing/dps is increased only sometimes and I have no idea how to control it. I would like someone to explain it to me.Some examples:

Saying from a healer's pov, some skill cultivations (like the ones where you spend resources to boost healing) are displayed separately in the battle log. Hence the double skill in the same second. Im not sure if it was introduced with Shadowblade or I simply havent noticed it earlier.
      Moonsea Anemone, decent Spiritshaper and a very special little flower, p2fash Anemoney, always busy and always slacking, half-human half-afk, forever tired, definition of derp, sugar-fueled and addicted to hot chocolate, sorrynotsorry.
    • Yiteru wrote:

I have an explanation for this, assassin in a party randomly boosts your attack by a lot and attack also converts to healing, this is not only a bg thing but happens anywhere as long as there is an assassin in the party.
      Unfortunately it works even I don't have ANY sin in party (checked today on 10vs10 and yesterday on 20vs20)
      Moreover my friend (sin) told me that assassin can boost attack but about 10% not 100%. It's not bad, I just want to know how it works and control it somehow :v

Lies wrote:

imo there are already a lot of good things to get from pvp, like 1-2k bronze from second chest, hema 2 for coins instead of DS points, marks, sidus, etc, but there are too many things to do in game, so often people do just DT MHT some dungeon runs like retreat/slaught, scour, guild n class quests, and the day is over already
      I earn Army Coins points cap in a few days. I have all 3 costumes and mounts from BG ranking. Then it's pointless to do BG cuz no more rewards :P + I don't even try to join arena cuz I have to wait more than for BG (and rewards sucks).

• Angie wrote:

Lies wrote:

imo there are already a lot of good things to get from pvp, like 1-2k bronze from second chest, hema 2 for coins instead of DS points, marks, sidus, etc, but there are too many things to do in game, so often people do just DT MHT some dungeon runs like retreat/slaught, scour, guild n class quests, and the day is over already
      I earn Army Coins points cap in a few days. I have all 3 costumes and mounts from BG ranking. Then it's pointless to do BG cuz no more rewards :P + I don't even try to join arena cuz I have to wait more than for BG (and rewards sucks).
      how? i struggle to get second chest, as a simple crimson pally, for work reasons i cant play all the weekly event, just like 60%, but im still pretty far from that, any tip you can share ?
    • Lies wrote:

Angie wrote:

Lies wrote:

how? i struggle to get second chest, as a simple crimson pally, for work reasons i cant play all the weekly event, just like 60%, but im still pretty far from that, any tip you can share ?
      Um I have the best PVP rank, I got top support/top healing/champion very often (mostly on 10vs10), today I opened last chest so.. that's all :v tips? Change ur class to occu support :thumbsup:

• Another thing that doesn't help here. Everyone that will tell you, "It's better to wait to do battlegrounds at higher levels." This doesn't help the player, or the battle grounds. In fact, all it does is server to hinder them even more. Because:

A) It puts them behind on PvP Rank.
      B) It puts them behind on PvP gear.
      C) You actually need a Battleground, if you want to buy an island.

Telling players that it's better to wait to PvP, only serves the one saying it. As it gives them more easy targets. So let's stop hindering the player base with this, and start encouraging them to queue up, starting at level 40. This will help to build a stronger community for it. Instead of serving to just push them away even more.
    • I'm tired of waiting, how can i increase my rank, i have only few time in playing games, and I wait for so long..., huhuhuhuhu. Please ;(
      Images
      • bg.JPG

39.41 kB, 564×185, viewed 21 times
      • bg1.JPG

15.09 kB, 275×82, viewed 254 times