f
s

Level Grinding

    • Level Grinding

      I can understand making people work for their levels and skill cultivation and all, but I think it is obvious that it takes entirely too long to level up in this game. I am not speaking for myself, I do not use alts and have been at level cap for a while now. But it is becoming more and more of an issue as the server population dwindles. I have tried to invite some friends to play this game on a few different occasions and every time they quit for the same reason; the 3-4 month level grind of dailies everyday to get to level 79 it too overwhelming. There is no PvP in the game for anyone under level 70, there are no dungeons that will require any attention from people under level 60 because the higher leveled and more geared players carry the raids anyway, so to add onto the 3-4 month grind, there is nothing for them to do. So from my perspective, if you want new people to come and play this game, the grinding time for leveling up needs to be shortened. Its not like they wont have more things to worry about once they get leveled up.

      Potential Solution: Bonus EXP.

      If you don't want to do things like double EXP weekend events or anything like other games, that is fine. If you don't want to let people get further ahead in their skill cultivations, that's fine. Apply the bonus exp to only new accounts, apply it to only people under level 70, whatever the reason this game has never had any type of EXP event is, figure out a way around it. When I cant even invite friends to come play this game with me,it should be obvious that there is a serious issue. I really hope someone at least gives this a thought. Thanks.

      The post was edited 3 times, last by J0HN ().

    • Hello, John

      The funny thing about this, is that at lower levels 0-49/ 50-59/ 60-69 There is currently XP boosts for players in that level cap. This is due to the Seals being broken on the server, that allows lower level players to gain a ton of more XP than what we had to go through, when the game was first launched.

      There is also a feature called Helicopter, that allows players to jump 5 levels at once.
      Example: Players reaches lv55, and will then be asked to do certain tests, once complete they can insta go from lv55-59/ This is also the same for lLv65-69.

      Regards, Mandii
    • I dont know why your friends were taking 3-4months to hit level 79. However playing very casually, and doing less than half the dailies/events in the game, you can hit level 65 in apx 20 days. (Max of 28, and if it takes longer, something isn't being done right.)

      Are you sure they were doing everything and maximizing their time?
    • Mandii wrote:

      There is also a feature called Helicopter, that allows players to jump 5 levels at once.
      Example: Players reaches lv55, and will then be asked to do certain tests, once complete they can insta go from lv55-59/ This is also the same for lLv65-69.
      Hello Mandii, can you please give more information on this Helicopter feature you refer to? Is in it our version of the game? If so, where or how do we access it? I didn't come across it doing the recent 1-65 leveling event.
    • caleyndar wrote:

      Mandii wrote:

      There is also a feature called Helicopter, that allows players to jump 5 levels at once.
      Example: Players reaches lv55, and will then be asked to do certain tests, once complete they can insta go from lv55-59/ This is also the same for lLv65-69.
      Hello Mandii, can you please give more information on this Helicopter feature you refer to? Is in it our version of the game? If so, where or how do we access it? I didn't come across it doing the recent 1-65 leveling event.
      Hello @caleyndar

      Sorry for the late reply :< completely slipped my mind X(

      As far as i know, we don't have the Helicopter feature yet, but it should be implemented soon. It will be an icon that will pop up on the screen when you meet the Level Requirements, and on it, it will ask you to complete (I believe) 10 challenges, after completing those challenges it will allow you to level skip.
    • Mandii wrote:

      Hello, John

      The funny thing about this, is that at lower levels 0-49/ 50-59/ 60-69 There is currently XP boosts for players in that level cap. This is due to the Seals being broken on the server, that allows lower level players to gain a ton of more XP than what we had to go through, when the game was first launched.

      There is also a feature called Helicopter, that allows players to jump 5 levels at once.
      Example: Players reaches lv55, and will then be asked to do certain tests, once complete they can insta go from lv55-59/ This is also the same for lLv65-69.

      Regards, Mandii
      That sounds like it would help out a lot with the issue, actually. Looking forward to it, thanks.
    • Mishi wrote:

      I dont know why your friends were taking 3-4months to hit level 79. However playing very casually, and doing less than half the dailies/events in the game, you can hit level 65 in apx 20 days. (Max of 28, and if it takes longer, something isn't being done right.)

      Are you sure they were doing everything and maximizing their time?
      Well sure you can get to 65 in 20 days, if you know what you are doing. Scour, Daily Token and Guardian Trials make up nearly all of the EXP you get. So doing those 3 things is all you really have to do. But there are still small hurdles. Newer players might not know or remember to use double EXP time in scour, or not know where to go to turn it on/off if they don't have premium. They also might not find help doing these dailies because, well, the servers are getting smaller and people are getting lazier (being able to sidekick MHT would help out with this a bit). What I am getting at is the learning curve for this game is steep, which is something I like about the game. Although, it isn't the best thing for new players.

      Another thing I want to mention is that it takes about 2 weeks to get from level 78 to 79 for experienced players, and about a week to get from 77 to 78, etc. So to get from 76 to 79 takes about a month for an experienced player, getting from 0 to 65 takes about 20 days for an experienced player.... So I will just estimate 2 months for someone that already knows what they are doing, as long as they can do the dailies everyday. But I still think it would take a little longer when you have to start spending EXP on skill cultivations to continue leveling. It would make sense that someone that doesn't yet know how the game works yet would take a few more weeks to get to level 79.