f
s

[EC] Eternal Chasm Boss Guide

• Just cleared it ^^ Few extra tips:
      • In case the stomp comes before the pillar in third phase, it is best to have your tank stay away from the pillar and tank its damage - this helps in case the boss decides to use his AoE autoattack in front of him after pillar, that way it can always be faced outwards (he still may dash, though).
      • Have a dedicated shotcaller for the the dragon's Breath calls to help the people who are not tanky enough mitigate beforehand.
      • Hold soulstones if you die - if you lose your damage buff from balls it's not really worth soulstoning until you are sure your team is doing okay and still going by the time the second balls are coming up - soulstone before the next balls spawn to get a damage buff.
      • Very specific tip that is unlikely to be useful, but maybe: triggering the dragon swipe (by standing too close to ball <20m) may cancel the Breath animation, delaying it; so be careful if that happens.
      • Make sure to comet the boss as soon as you get to third phase making it highly probable to get the stomps right after the pillar; that way your tank can just come to the pillar with the team since the next animation is stomp, not AoE auto in this case.
      • Don't get caught offguard at 50% of third phase by the triple jumps, as soon as boss flies up half a second later you can start jumping, I suggest 2 singles 1 double but to each their own.
      • You can dodge forward right before the interaction with ammo in first phase ends to get to platforms much, much faster.
      • If someone is too close to the main tank when 50% mechanic of the second phase starts, it might lock onto him for a small duration of time so make sure everyone is behind 2nd aggro holder before it switches from main tank to him.
      • New tip: If you tank the boss inside the platform opposite of the orb (general area where he's tanked) - and keep him there during pillar too (i.e tank soaks pillar dmg) all his dashes will be stopped at the edge of said platform, thus canceled, which is pretty useful.
      Now that I cleared this guide makes more sense, gl & hf in EC! <3

EU-Moonsea

The noblest art is that of making others happy.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Subtlety ().

• This probably should be in bug reports but it's a fun thing that I don't think anyone can abuse efficiently so might as well post it. Was walking around the edge and attached are pics of what happens :p Airdash to the floating orb once you're high enough and you're invincible! (Untill enrage at least) I just like breaking the game don't hate me :3
      Images
      • shot_20180317-181955.jpg

244.84 kB, 1,920×1,080, viewed 56 times
      • shot_20180317-182229.jpg

198.11 kB, 1,920×1,080, viewed 63 times
      • shot_20180317-182250.jpg

242.68 kB, 1,920×1,080, viewed 55 times

EU-Moonsea

• Hey, how are you dealing with the 2nd Phase 50% of the Ancestral Dragon encounter in EC Hell? It seem very buggy or we are doing something completely wrong.
      We had the issue yesterday several times, that the tank died and he was standing at around 12/1 o'clock (if you look from the point when you enter the room) our Assassin was standing at around 10 o'clock and the rest of the raid was standing between 6 and 4 o'clock.
      The Assassin was the second highest after the tank in the aggro list and everyone else was way below the Assassin.
      Still after the tank died the boss switched several times very fast to the rest of the group and not to the Assassin. It was very demotivating, because the first time we finished the whole encounter this was working perfectly.

Any ideas?
    • Seyah wrote:

Hey, how are you dealing with the 2nd Phase 50% of the Ancestral Dragon encounter in EC Hell? It seem very buggy or we are doing something completely wrong.
      We had the issue yesterday several times, that the tank died and he was standing at around 12/1 o'clock (if you look from the point when you enter the room) our Assassin was standing at around 10 o'clock and the rest of the raid was standing between 6 and 4 o'clock.
      The Assassin was the second highest after the tank in the aggro list and everyone else was way below the Assassin.
      Still after the tank died the boss switched several times very fast to the rest of the group and not to the Assassin. It was very demotivating, because the first time we finished the whole encounter this was working perfectly.

Any ideas?
      From my personal experience with this it's either:
      • Loss of aggro after 50% if you waited for an animation like lazers before bursting the boss i.e. someone could be outbursting your 2nd aggro after 50% before the boss actually enters the animation.
      • If you aren't waiting for any animation and go instantly into the 50% phase, it could be your main tank healer passing through and being closer to the boss than your assassin, must dodge beforehand quickly to the other team, thru the middle or the other side for safekeeping. Note: If the SS goes through the other side the boss might start doing the purple AoE clockwise for half a second before coming back, so the above way is a bit better given you can bring the SS to the team ASAP and make whoever is 'stealing' aggro during this mini burst phase chillout pre-animation (or I assume, Ice Block ;))
      It's a pretty buggy mechanic but after a while you start understanding the bugs (kinda).

EU-Moonsea

The post was edited 1 time, last by Subtlety ().

• I was asked to give boss tips for all classes and not just BM, so here we go, off the top of my head:
      NB: I may be wrong or uneducated about your class but even if you're experienced there's a little chance you benefit from this too :3

Kirin:

• VG: Use mercurial specials like Smite for when boss goes into flappy bird mode to throw everyone around him away; save taunts for after you get thrown by the aggro removing hologram cage thingy; save main defensives for the double whipperinos
      • BM: Same as VG, try to time your main burst with adrena as the boss jumps / quickcast immovable for throws/lazers
      • SM: Ice block whenever possible @ start and on lazer phase
      • Gunner: Don't cage when tank is being thrown, for the love of everything that is holy sincerely all melees on all bosses kthnxbye
      • Occ: Little team buff at 75/50% pretty please?
      • SS: Iirc Luxuriant Rush in a scenario where you have one of two tanks being thrown will make him land instantly before throwing animation ends, though it is unecessary if you saw my tip about solo tanking, turning camera to the wall behind will create the same effect.
      • Assa: pew pew
      Mountain Dragon of the Abyss first of his name w/e:

• General: 3 melees = triangle around target; 4 melees = square; 5 melees = have you ever drawn a pentagon?; more melees = put all bms on top of each other and adrena with the Lightning Strike together, also why on earth do you have so many melees?
      • Occ: Totem on one of the healer spots in case both healers get charmed/confused, so you can dispell one of em fast and that one can dispell the other. Also communicate with bms and buff before they penta it's worth it :3
      • VG: Save shieldstorm if you need it to tank the lightning combo / debuff thingy that explodes after 3 stacks (when main tank debuff has 20s left ish)
      • Gunner: Dodge the lightning strikes 1.5s after hearing growl / mech it
      • SM: Ice Block the Lightning Strikes

• General: If you have 2 super squishy people you can afford to have them dispell twice since the triangle has 12 stacks, so 2 stack 2 stack dispells.
      • General: If you have more than 3 melee and a few bms they can stack on top of each other and adrenaline the 1 shot lightnings at the same time, which is very useful and saves lots of space for the rest of the team.
      Tectonic/Steel/Obsidian brothers:

• General: Unless you have mega dps on Obsidian it's best to get a BM with Deadly Dash reset cult from Windwave - they can cancel every heal the boss casts.
      • There's a spot on the top left (entrance perspective) where your Tectonic Tank can stand to make the lava be on his right at all times.
      • General: If you are all staying on the rock in the middle, call out the Steel's underground attack and dodge out as it comes, that way the tip below is useful:
        • SM, Occ, Gunner can use defensives for Obsidian AoE only

• If you don't do the god awful 'stay far away from boss after killing steel so he doesn't hit us with it' tactic, the below tip is useful and allows you to have full burst instantly as you move from mid after killing steel, with dps buff stacks up and everything:
        • When boss starts his debuff casting animation, BMs Adrenaline beforehand and SMs Ice Block beforehand too, that way even if you are the intended target for the debuff, it will not apply on you and you would be basically 'swallowing' someone else's debuff for free, proceed to burst with that adrenaline up (if main tank dispells in front of you while adrenaline is up you don't get it either, yet another perk). (this can be applied on Ice Queen too but less effective there, for charms)
      Flameborn Titto Dino:

• The most important tip: stand on his anus while bursting, yes, exactly below his butthole, trust me. (multiple hitbox hits)
      • Occ box, SM Ice Block, Gunner mana armor if necessary before the bleeds
      • Gunner: Save comet for 60%
      • SS: Spirit Shell CDR if necessary for main tank debuff stacks if needed.
      • General: Kill snakes before the boss and make sure you take them instantly at/after 60% depending on when the animation queue lets you take em.
      • BM: Penta/Blinding steel on his middle hitbox work like a charm, big numbers :3
      • General Melee: You can decide to stand on buttox all the time since start, just make sure you self dispell the bleed after mitigating initial damage in case healers too far.
      Devouring Bla Bla Crocodile:

• My guide explains that boss way too much, all I can say is SS can also put some doops in yeti for the last burst, help out in dps etc & Occ can help with the heals / dispells in case boss goes mid after flower spawns and peeps poisoneed (though if you switch aggro right after flower as I state in the guide this should not happen).
      • Good tip for Epic, last flower is around 10%
      Ice Dragon:

• Tail Whip trick - Use it - I'm proud of it. Lots of tips included for that boss in replies as well, one thing I could add is.. for 50% merry go round cyclone phase if you're on the dps team, you should dodge around him twice instantly and follow the cyclone in front of you closely, don't wait for the fast cyclones behind you to come and get you, I still see lots of peeps die to that. You can also dodge left and right in the same line but that's boring~
      • For the last 360 degree AoE you can use the hole in the ground on the right to survive it.
      Ice Queen:

• If you happen to be an SM or BM that is not assigned to skulls, you can adrena/iceblock with every charm before she casts and it will have the same effect as 2nd boss debuff, you would 'swallow' that charm and leave everyone wondering where it went.
      • SS healing mob tank: Lifeflow at 50% no matter the tactic you use, it helps \o/
      • BM: Don't adrena on ring mechanic at 50% if you're the mob tank, unless you are using Adrena + Penta before the actual cast to be immune for the first few seconds from mob damage, still risky - just press the ekko button Immovable Mountain \o/
      • Occ: Light stance if charmed and chill
      • Gunner: Mech if charmed and chill
      • General tip: For those of you in action mode, set focus on the mob healer and just target him as you see the boss charming, it's really not that hard.
      • General tip: If you target a dead person while charmed I'm pretty sure you start going back and forth doing nothing which is useful and saves you clicks and you can grab a drink.
      Black Dragon:

• Pretty well explained in the guide as well, main tip is for 2nd phase 50% that I wrote above, how to deal with the seemingly 'buggy' (but not really) issue.
      • BM: Please don't waste adrenaline for the triple jumps in third phase, just jump - use it while he's doing pillar though that's useful.
      • Gunner: Read the guide and know the right time to comet, it makes life much easier if you know how to adapt.
      • General Tip: If you can survive without immunity/defensive skills, go for it - always prioritize dodge over defensive cd's so that you always have something to fall back on for the heavy hitting boss damage (this does not apply for that one glass cannon hue hue guy we all know and love, that guy should just get 10 soulstones)
      Tip for EC in general: Don't get stuck in old ways and keep optimizing, there is always a better way to do things - it will only delay you by a few minutes per boss for one week, and save you 10 times that amount in the weeks after :)

Sorry for the lack of tips for some classes, I just wrote what first came to mind as this was a request from a friend.

Have fun in EC ^^

EU-Moonsea

The post was edited 5 times, last by Subtlety ().

• Ok Hopefully someone can answer this, we have been stuck atthe 50% part for a while having issues going into the next part consistently. When we get to 50% on the dragon we have thethe 2nd aggro to the side of the tank, when the tank dies it shouldgo to him and he starts kiting it problem is sometimes it speeds up past the 2ndaggro and kills him as well and just speeds past our group wipingeveryone.Does anyone know a fix forthis or what we could be doing different?
    • Barbecutie wrote:

Ok Hopefully someone can answer this, we have been stuck atthe 50% part for a while having issues going into the next part consistently. When we get to 50% on the dragon we have thethe 2nd aggro to the side of the tank, when the tank dies it shouldgo to him and he starts kiting it problem is sometimes it speeds up past the 2ndaggro and kills him as well and just speeds past our group wipingeveryone.Does anyone know a fix forthis or what we could be doing different?
      It could be that the argo meter is bugged and not displaying who has the correct argo, we also had this issue with my party. Basically what we did was to have the top 2/3 argo members kite the spit, once we knew who had the spit the other members can move further away, and into a more comfortable distance.

Or you can reset the raid (Dis-banding) and (Re-banding) once the raid has closed, this should fix the issue with the argo meter.

Also every class that can argo reset, make sure they spam the skill, except the player who is designated to be kiting the spit.
    • Expanding on Mandii's Post, the main reason we ended up having the main aggro holders kite together is due to the fact that you also need to keep in mind that the current bursting under 50% will affect the aggro.

If person A has second aggro while person B has third aggro, once person A starts running at a proper pace it will be harder to maintain said aggro compared to person B who has an easier time to burst, often resulting in person B taking aggro.

This only needs to happen for a split second for the boss to speed up and kill person A, which then locks the aggro onto person B and wiping said party.

Even to this day me and Ariaz are usually kiting around since the aggro shifts between us too frequently to have only one person stand there reliably.

One main point you want to be aware of is that the aggro meter is fairly slow to update in comparison to the Boss its actions, and will stop updating once you wipe, because of this you often cannot see who had the actual aggro when the raid wiped due to the update being cancelled.
    • Mandii and Asyce explained it pretty well, if you're second aggro pre-50% doesn't mean you will necessarily be 2nd aggro post-50% (specially if you are using the Mana Cannon animation to buy time for your burst around 51%). So either do as Mandii suggested and get your top 2-3 aggro together or try a taunt instead i.e. have another vg be the kiter and dragon grasp the boss as soon as the main tank gets stunned (saving him while you're at it). Keep in mind the latter strat means that the aoe will switch to your vg as soon as he grips (much faster than usual) so you'd have to keep that in mind.

There's no point trusting the aggro meter, if you still want to go with the former tactic either let your highest dps fully burst post-50% and others stall with normal skills till the aoe locks properly (if you have enough dps to afford that) otherwise if you have 2 ppl close in aggro have one of them use built in aggro reduction or have your occ nirvana him (at 50%) etc. If you have more than 3 people close in aggro I suggest the taunt tactic.

Edit: A BM that wants to waste 3 points in Hunter's Light aggro will work like a charm for this mechanic, one hunter's light pre 50% then another one post 50% will ensure he has second aggro even with high dpsers, though I don't recommend it unless your team has lots of extra DPS since it's hard for bms to fully burst while kiting. The tactic you choose is situational.

EU-Moonsea

• After some testing with my new static it seemed BM with 3 points in hunter's light aggro is the safest way to go - switch to blue stance at 60% and drop a hunter's light + gladius and you're instantly 2nd in aggo, and a hunter's light + penta after 50% does the trick - get as close to the purple aoe as you can and it'll target you for sure and you can kite it peacefully, hope it helps.

EU-Moonsea

• Reaper Guide - Last Hidden Boss

Mostly what I could transcribe from animations I saw

• Forward Slash: His swords light up red downwards (crossed) - charges and slashes in the direction he's facing and deals insane damage, dodge. He also does a single slash afterwards.
      • Triple Slash: His swords light up red as he stands still, upwards - sends out two quick ranged slashes and one last delayed slash in quick succession, in three random directions, dodge/immunity.
      • Spin: His swords light up red, upwards (crossed) - performs a spin/slash for a second, dodge away.
      • Cage: Marks a player and puts both his swords into the ground before caging said person in a square-area, said person should move away from team and CC break out of it, as he sends out a delayed AoE which otherwise would 1 shot the people trapped in that cage. Note: Delay your CC break untill right before he sends out the slash AoE, so give it 1-1.5s before you cc break out of the cage so the AoE slash doesnt follow you.
      • Summons Demon Urgon at 60%, pretty basic DS mechanics - kill him & do some Windswept if you really have to, anybody can kite him :3
      • Mini-Spin: No glowing swords, makes a ballerina spin before sending out a forward ranged slash (similar to Ice Queen putting her sword up and hitting forward ability) - tank must dodge that while making boss face away from team beforehand.
      • Summons Earkus at 40%, also very basic GB mechanics \o/
      • Not sure if it was a coincidence, but the next part is right after he summons Earkus~
      • Mid mechanic: He goes middle - a ground area will light up red - raid must be grouped and walk around the platform; similar to Ancestral Dragon 2nd phase 50%, though I am not sure about the start position or if it's targeted on the aggro holder, it probably is. It's easier though, as long as you're all grouped the ground will be light redded under you and you start dodging asap, and if Earkus is following you keep jumping while you dodge in case he does his ground smash, kill Earkus when it's done.
      • He does the Mid mechanic again at 30%, and at 10%
      He keeps doing the first four stated basic mechanics throughout the fight.

I probably have some mistakes in there, and probably missed some stuff - but it's a start for whoever wants to try killing this weekly boss.

EU-Moonsea