f
s

Shadowblade Update: Addressing Mistakes Made

• Shadowblade Update: Addressing Mistakes Made

Edit:
    If you fail to get the compensation pop-up on your character upon logging in, please head to the Compensation NPC (Maas Boromin) in Sulan Bridge Square (5544, -1947, 9) to claim your compensation.

Edit:
    Hello everyone,

We have confirmation regarding the compensation we will be giving to all players for play-time lost due to server wide maintenance these last two days.

All players will receive experience and Imperial Notes based upon the in-game level of the character that they choose to redeem the compensation, and 10,000 Bronze Shards.

Please read the steps below to ensure you are able to receive our offer:

1) Upon logging in you will be presented with a pop-up suggesting you accept the Compensation Package.

• If you do not want this character to accept the compensation, please exit the interface.

• If you would like this character to accept the compensation, please select Claim

2) After you have approved the compensation package, your character will be sent to an NPC that grants level based Experience and Imperial Notes. You will also receive 10,000 Bronze Shards available for pick up at the Mailbox / Postal Attendant.
    • If you decided not to accept the compensation on the character you logged in with, the offer will be extended to all other characters until it is accepted by a character of your choice.
    Please note: Compensation is only available for players between the levels of 20 and 79.

This package will be available until the 1st of January. After January 1st the offer will expire. We strongly suggest you claim the compensation as soon as possible.

We will be launching this on the EU servers shortly, with the NA servers following at a later time. For more updates continue to visit us here on this thread.

Thank you for your patience and support.
    - The Revelation Online Team

Addressing Mistakes Made

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for your patience while we work to address the recent problems. We wanted to apologize for the inconvenience caused to you by our mistake when we sent out incorrect items to our players. We have studied the situation from all angles and looked into several possible solutions. The solution we arrived upon happens to be the solution we wanted to use the least as its effect would be felt unevenly upon players that had decided to dedicate both their time, and their energy to leveling their characters directly after the Assassins patch.

To clarify and explain the situation -- in our attempt to launch the Assassins Class on schedule and without delay, many teams poured their heart and soul into ensuring we could get the latest content released at the soonest availability. In this marathon, we were human and unfortunately mistakes were made by us and our team. Mistakes that were both foreseeable, and avoidable. Every item in the RO database has a specific code, and while we were assembling the Shadowblade Update Freepack to give to the playerbase as a surprise giveaway, we mistakenly inserted the code to an item that did not belong in the pack. This item was the Ultimate Rune Case. The item is exceptionally rare, and extraordinarily powerful. It’s effects if used on a widescale basis would have been devastating to the ecosystem of the game. To mitigate widespread dysfunction we shut down the servers to see if there was a way of mitigating our mistake without affecting the levels gained playing between the time of the patch and when we became aware of the issue.

Unfortunately, issues caused by trading as well as the use of the ultimate rune case, became too complex for us to alleviate. The only solution that had demonstrated an ability to keep the game fair for all players without giving any single player the possibility of an advantage, was to initiate a server wide rollback to the time directly before the patch went live.

We are currently remaking the freepack as the previous pack that was released, upon review and player feedback, was deemed not to be fair to the players in the community. As a result all items garnered from it will be replaced with a new set whose contents will be sent to players when we sufficiently solve the problem. As of now, the new pack will include:
    • Frost Light Rifle Wings (30 days)
    • Little Guy Pet
    • Premium Service Scroll (7 days)
    • Battle Boost Scroll (7 days)
    • Progress Boost Scroll (7 days)
    • Explorer Boost Scroll (7 days)
    • x10 Ascension Essence
    The items will be sent to your user profile inventory on ro.my.com

Additionally, we will be issuing a compensation for the time players have been able to play the Shadowblade update before the servers were brought offline.We’ll communicate what the final details of this compensation will be at a later date once we have completed our investigation.

To give you all an idea, the compensation will consider:
    • Hours of server downtime to appreciate your patience
    • Experience and levels gained while playing during our around 17 hour uptime before the servers were closed.
    We estimate that the downtime required to both assemble the new freepack as well as resolve the issues we are currently having to take about a day. Considering the complexity and the size of the databases, The EU servers will be brought back online first after a thorough check and we will follow with the NA servers the following day.

Again; it is our most tremendous privilege to bring Revelation Online to all those that love and play the game, and it is our humblest regret that our mistake caused this problem on what would have otherwise been a great launch.

We will strive to do better in the future and continue to give all our players the best content updates possible. If you have any questions regarding this, or other topics, our team is and will be here to help.

Thank you,
    The Revelation Online Team

The post was edited 1 time, last by MUTE: Added the compensation notice, placed previous text in a spoiler bubble for ease of reading. ().

• does that mean u will give us exp items to compensate the exp lost??? will need a lot to go from lv17 to lv44, close to 45.... for sure all the injuries cant be compensated but atleast give abundance exp/items to reach the original exp we got. and post sign in cards per all character we have per account... not only 1 per account like u did last time.
    thx,
  • The only thing I really want to know is when will I be able to play?

a dungeon, a faction mission including the daily missions of the class, not to mention all the other things that can be done. this changes a lot both for items and capacity.

I'm not going to criticize, I just ask that the whole team do the best job possible.

I will be following the forum to find out if there is new information ...
  • Drew wrote:

We estimate that the downtime required to both assemble the new freepack as well as resolve the issues we are currently having to take about a day. Considering the complexity and the size of the databases, The EU servers will be brought back online first after a thorough check and we will follow with the NA servers the following day.
    From this, it seems like NA server will take one to two days before going live. Issue is going to take about a day. EU will be brought back online first to test for any errors. Then they will work on NA.

Or a day a few minutes. With EU and NA being fixed at the same time. EU will go live to be tested. Then NA following that right after.

The wording makes it sound like they will fix EU first then start on NA with "the following day" wording.

The wait is real.
  • Thank you My.com for showing you truly do not care.

Sorry to say it but in order to fix the "rune" issues you rolled back, wasting a full day of everyone's playtime, then had servers off over 11hrs a 2nd day (still counting) Then to boot you re-give a completely useless pack which is nothing more than a slap in the face to your entire player base.

Yay compensation to be announced, probably just more of the same old stuff which wont make up for time lost in game.

If it weren't for the fact my friends play this game, and I liked the game (GAME key word) I would be fighting to get the money I spent yesterday back, as the company deserves no penny at all.

You should have stayed true to what you emailed to players as what they were being given. Not changed, not deviated, not false advertised.

You want to know the honest truth of how this is taken:
    Prior to CBT My.com showed respect and communicated with the community.
    Since CBT they haven't done either.

The items in the "freebies" pack, even the runes which weren't meant, showed "Hey My.com does actually care about their player base"

The results of today and reading this post" My.com does not care at all, and really has no care"

So now people aren't even going to get what was originally INTENDED for them, all due to my.com putting runes in as an error.
    Congratulations on making your community feel like your company is one not to be trusted.

And I can honestly say yall have surpassed AG and PWE which is a VERY hard feat to do.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Mishi ().

• What do I do with the demonslayer lost? Valor? Fealty? Class quests that will be 2 or 3 days late (I dont want to play in christmass to get my last 3*)? Veneration that rolled perfect in a single try? Item XP? Fish event? 9fold? DA quests?

do you really know everything that has to be compensated? Ascension Essense? I CAN'T EVEN USE THAT
  • Drew wrote:

So in other words... Friday is when the NA servers will come back online?

Or would it be Friday for the EU servers and Saturday for the NA servers?