f
s

Weekly 120 handmade quest reward issue

• Weekly 120 handmade quest reward issue

New

Well, my guild friends said that it is hard to level up in this game.. I think that it is not hard, but the most hard thing in this game is to make your gears and for this, you have 3 options.
      1. Demonslayer
      2. NPC crafter
      3. Handmade equipment

Here comes the "fun part" with nr.3 (handmade equipment). You need to do 120 quests which you do it 1x / week. Ok, at the end.. "i'm getting my new whatever blueprint for my class".. we.. the game shows you the finger and you get a blueprint that is not even for your class.. So, this is how this game will be? We get 1x/week a bloody blueprint that might not even be for our class? In how much time you need to gear up only with handmade equipment by finishing the 120 quests? 1 year? 2 year?
      And I don't even want to mention that at quest 75 the monster doesn't even spawn (60-69 gear blueprints) and Saro Rane NPC doesn't even stands at his old location but is moved to Fort Whetstone. It looks like this game doesn't want you to make your gears and enjoy the end game part.

At this part (120 quest) im very - very disappointing and a bit pissed off since I have wasted my time with high hopes to get me the second blueprint and my second yellow gear so that I find out that this game hate me.
      For those who are curious (perhaps new players), you could manage to buy 60-69 gears with demonslayer points, but as for the NPC crafter, well, either your guild will help you and give stuffs or you just will eventually give up since the prices of stuff are extremely high on market for new players. The nr.3 has been pointed out, good luck getting your gear and/or finding a decent player who might trade (if he has what you want for your class).
    • New

I completely agree that this quest is a disaster. Not only do you get screwed constantly by the stupid "precious wares" fiasco due to DCing, mob issues, and the drop itself (and I think they leave this bugfest in the game so that people will be forced to keep paying 10k gold coins to continue), but you can get the same POS reward many times in a row. Absolutely terrible design, and even worse implementation.

No wonder the population is so low and going fast.
    • Change 120 Handmade quest to be more user-friendly

New

You need to either get rid of the "precious wares" events in this quest line, make the quest so that it can be abandoned and picked up again (for when any one of 50 things go wrong with it), or greatly lower the price of the wares, as well as make them buy-able with notes as well as gold coins.

Also, fix the rewards so that you get things for your class, and dont get the exact same item multiple times!
    • New

Let alone 120 in the 70 range takes Badge Frag, dragonspikes, ect..... Sometimes in the end it isnt even worth doing. cus guesswhat?! u dont get what u need to make your armor.

If you take the DS points it costs so much for so little each week and farming the mats is a real pain for each thing.

In the end making/crafting ect for ur gear takes far too long too i think. also its roulette with the stats u make. and that sucks cus then you somehow have to get the runes or w.e u need to redo the dang stats. it takes far too long.

Let alone there is Perfection and other factors to account for taking so much time in gear.

I understand Gear should take time but still it can take forever to get what you need just to make the one part for BP. it should be a better chance to get your gear. iv done 70+ for many weeks now and still haven't gotten a single BP for my class and it sucks!
      Find me on Divine Overlook! :3 Always a Party! <3
      PS. Forever Natsu Dragneel <3 <3
    • New

I empathize with your sentiment. It would be easier if they reward you with items according to your class, in plenty of times I want that too.

However, I have long accepted the difficulty in higher levels. If the handmade quests rewarded you with items according to your class, everybody will be geared quickly by just doing the quest which is done only by solo. It's current design allows us to explore other options like the demonslayers and the pvp. If everybody does handmade quests only, the frequency of people doing dungeons will be lesser since those people eyeing only for equipments will just be doing handmade quests instead.

As for me, I acquire the handmade equipments faster by farming coins and directly buying them from AH. Other equipments I do them with dungeons.

P.S. Hi Lucy dear! Loove your bikini.
      <---------- Bikini Expert, free consultations.

Divine Overlook

The post was edited 3 times, last by BikiniBoss ().

• New

Dr_Doom2016 wrote:

Well, my guild friends said that it is hard to level up in this game.. I think that it is not hard, but the most hard thing in this game is to make your gears and for this, you have 3 options.
      1. Demonslayer
      2. NPC crafter
      3. Handmade equipment

Here comes the "fun part" with nr.3 (handmade equipment). You need to do 120 quests which you do it 1x / week. Ok, at the end.. "i'm getting my new whatever blueprint for my class".. we.. the game shows you the finger and you get a blueprint that is not even for your class.. So, this is how this game will be? We get 1x/week a bloody blueprint that might not even be for our class? In how much time you need to gear up only with handmade equipment by finishing the 120 quests? 1 year? 2 year?
      And I don't even want to mention that at quest 75 the monster doesn't even spawn (60-69 gear blueprints) and Saro Rane NPC doesn't even stands at his old location but is moved to Fort Whetstone. It looks like this game doesn't want you to make your gears and enjoy the end game part.

At this part (120 quest) im very - very disappointing and a bit pissed off since I have wasted my time with high hopes to get me the second blueprint and my second yellow gear so that I find out that this game hate me.
      For those who are curious (perhaps new players), you could manage to buy 60-69 gears with demonslayer points, but as for the NPC crafter, well, either your guild will help you and give stuffs or you just will eventually give up since the prices of stuff are extremely high on market for new players. The nr.3 has been pointed out, good luck getting your gear and/or finding a decent player who might trade (if he has what you want for your class).
      I find 120 step kinda relaxing tbh, Usually watch a movie or something on the side or blast some music while drawing a picture, It's a nice step away from the fast paced action that goes on in the game from PvP or Raiding. Although i do wish the weapon BP were a higher RNG chance to get, as i have never gotten a weapon BP (Highly hoping that my RNG luck is saving up for Assassin BP xD )
    • New

See I find 120 is fine to do when waiting on raid members to come online, or BG's to pop, or if just relaxing and goofing around talking to guildies.

I don't mind it giving me Blueprints for gear which isn't for my class, because I sell them. I personally have horrid RNG and hate crafting anyways, so it allows players to buy/sell the BP's they need/want.

I wouldn't even do 120 if it was guaranteed to give me a BP for my class, plus it'd also make it so the more popular class, would have BP's which were worthless to even sell.

As for not getting what you wanted, couldn't you sell what you got, and save gold to buy the one you want? Or you could go the route of Demon Slayer gear which can be crafted, bought, or even dropped in dungeons. There's PvP gear too you can get with army Coins.
    • New

As I read through this, I see so far (100%) 2 pro and the rest somehow against the reward system. The issue is that I have reached a point where everybody just look at my gear "oh, your full purple.. what a noob" well yes, "what a noob" since I managed everything by myself and I don't have a high level account to grind my stuff out. I took what I got for free from dungeons/raids. Now I decided to invest time and make my 60-69 yellow gear so that I can move to end game with it but ... how? 120 quests are a bust (as I read, at +70 is worst). Personally I can't see a relax in something that at the end becomes a face palm, instead of do that i prefer to do a dungeon run, help another player, do scour (many other things to do beside doing a quest that literally throw you something in the face that you don't know what that is, just hope... this is not a slot machine game... or is it?)
      Anyhow, I have a very low feeling that this will ever be changed. All I can do now is either hope (or curse) at the end of 120 or perhaps I have poorly chosen the wrong game for my playing style(?).

PS: Would like to see the change of the reward for this. Each class get reward for his own class, especially when we throw some imperial coins out to buy stuff that isn't cheap in AH. If you do something, do it to be worth to be done.
    • New

Like sometime i agree 120 is relaxing - but sometimes is rly just stupid aka asking for things such a Badge Fragments and DragonSpikes that u end up having to spend alot of IC on from the AH or the use the few u can get each week. for a change to get something thats not your own BP.

And buying the alrdy made gear off the AH is nice and all but once again it comes back to having to rework them for stats sometimes if they dont work. Like you get Hp and u need Crit. just upsetting esp once your in the 60's and 70's and u need better Runes to Rework the stats.

Just my take thou. They could rly work on getting better % of time for your class.

Like say BM/VG can only get that and maybe one other class set. same goes for each other class

or

just work it where u get your own set. U do spend the time and effort into getting something. you either bother farming all the mats or buy them off the AH so it just takes time or cash and in the end when u dont get your class item it suck. Yes u can sell it but when theres 12 others up there and ppl keep being lame and under cutting by alot in the end it almost doesnt make it worth it sometimes.

But like DR.Doom said - Prob will never ever change. Saddly ;( :thumbdown:

PS. Thankkk yooouuu BikiniBoss :3
      Find me on Divine Overlook! :3 Always a Party! <3
      PS. Forever Natsu Dragneel <3 <3
    • New

Dr_Doom2016 wrote:

As I read through this, I see so far (100%) 2 pro and the rest somehow against the reward system. The issue is that I have reached a point where everybody just look at my gear "oh, your full purple.. what a noob" well yes, "what a noob" since I managed everything by myself and I don't have a high level account to grind my stuff out. I took what I got for free from dungeons/raids. Now I decided to invest time and make my 60-69 yellow gear so that I can move to end game with it but ... how? 120 quests are a bust (as I read, at +70 is worst). Personally I can't see a relax in something that at the end becomes a face palm, instead of do that i prefer to do a dungeon run, help another player, do scour (many other things to do beside doing a quest that literally throw you something in the face that you don't know what that is, just hope... this is not a slot machine game... or is it?)
      Anyhow, I have a very low feeling that this will ever be changed. All I can do now is either hope (or curse) at the end of 120 or perhaps I have poorly chosen the wrong game for my playing style(?).

PS: Would like to see the change of the reward for this. Each class get reward for his own class, especially when we throw some imperial coins out to buy stuff that isn't cheap in AH. If you do something, do it to be worth to be done.
      I just bought 3 pieces of Handmade gear within 2 weeks by just selling Apparel Item IV and other stuff I get from other features. My Spirit shaper is lvl 64 with level 49 weapons. You can farm coins with crafting. You can do that too.
      <---------- Bikini Expert, free consultations.

Divine Overlook
    • New

The 120 quest is easy it takes me 1 hour + to finish it.
      Blueprints aren't even that expensive and it is not worth even doing the 120 quest for 40,50, or 60 sometimes even 70+ because you might get cheap blueprint worth 80k and not even for your class, just better buy the blueprint except the weapon and rings blueprints the rest are very cheap on ah.
    • New

Handmade equipment is a gamble, just like the quest itself. If you dont want to take the risk, noone is forcing you to do it every week, just like noone is expecting you to have full set best blueprint gear possible with perfect stats, rolls and additional sparkles.

Demonslayer gear (either dropped from intances or npc crafted) is the basic gold equipment to go.
      Moonsea Anemone, the lazy Spiritshaper, half-human half-afk, p2fash Anemoney.
    • New

Who does those quests specifically to get the gear they need? Everyone I've spoken to about it has used it for money mainly with getting what they need just being a random bonus. I feel your awareness of the different opportunities for gearing is very narrow.

Even if the situation is crappy, why not make it work for you? I use the 120 quest every week for a chance at needed blueprints or just another way to make a little coin so I can put it towards another blueprint or an already crafted piece of gear with more of the stats I need. For months I never did these quests and geared up just fine but since I began it has done nothing but help.

Achieving gold gear in this game is not difficult. There's no reason to have full purple at higher levels. Just the 40-49 set of gold gear alone is so easy. I can understand it's more frustrating at 70-79 but that's the max level. It's an annoyance but if you've gotten to your 70s you've made your choices so just stop complaining lmao.
    • New

You can tell who the poor/lazy people are reading this thread. Outside of those whales that purely rely on on cashing to get their coins, you are flat out bad if you don't do your 120 quest. Always has been one of the best money makers for f2pers/non-whales, and yes the mats it asks for at 79 can suck and end up not that profitable 1 week, but you are kidding yourself if you think it isn't worth doing in the long term.

The post was edited 2 times, last by The Revel ().

• New

Dr_Doom2016 wrote:

1. Demonslayer
      2. NPC crafter
      3. Handmade equipment

Option 1: This isn't the best gear, but good enough to hold you over until you gathered enough to switch over to option 2 or option 3. But this approach does require you to grind DS points that is capped every week.

Option 2: If you are lucky, you get a gear drop from the treasure map, and if you are not, you are looking at 2-3 weeks before you can gather enough materials to forge a given piece of gear. MH/OH weapons will take even longer since they require so many jades which you are limited to 1 or 2 per week at the worst case. However, the mats in most cases are available in the AH, but not all of them are cheap.

Option 3: This is the ONLY method where you can either purchase everything from the AH and get the full set in one day, or take as long as you wish and switch over once you have the gear. The choices is yours. All of the BP/gear is tradeable, and can offer the best stats out of all three options.

Got a BP that isn't yours? Put it on the market and sell it, use the profit to buy what you need. Want to get 2-3 pcs per week? Find other ways to make coins and buy the gear you want from that profit.

The game offer options for you to obtain a given item. If you wish to focus on the cheapest and the slowest approach, that is totally your choice. But there are options to speed up progress and you aren't limited to the slowest and the cheapest way.
      Red text: My moderator alter ego in action. PAY attention !!
      Check out our guides
      Scene Chronicles - Pictorial Guide (WIP)

iNoob (12 Members)

Never feel like a noob when you're in iNoob.

• New

Some days you get something worth the time, some days you wind up with a leather hat bp that doesn't even sell for more on auction that it does to a vendor. At least you don't have to pay cash to lose on the 120 gamble. Might as well roll the dice, more often than not it turns at least some profit.