f
s

Looking to get back into Revelation

• Looking to get back into Revelation

Looking to get back into Revelation online, I played in several of the closed beta's, and a little at launch, even purchased a founder pack. So it's been a while since I've played, is it worth getting back into? Just wanting some more experienced players opinions on the game.
      -Dercy
    • Not really, it's a ghost town nowadays and the publisher follows a trend of milking cash shop sales and maybe doing one minor fix once a month. You still can't compete against whales as a normal player. If you're willing to drop a couple of grands and turn the game a second job for a few months until you sort of catch up, you might have some fun but the game is in ts death throes so it doesn't sound like a good investment.
    • Here is the 2 latest reviews on this game.

TLDW - This version of RevO. No. Skip to 57 seconds to skip the annoying intro thingy.

TLDW - Skip to 1:36:49 to get to his conclusion. Probably better with BnS.

Honestly. If you can find a good guild to carry you...... maybeee.... big maybe... otherwise. Look else where. But in the end it's your decision.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Meowmix2000 ().

• Hi Dercylidas,

I don't know bout other servers ,
      While in NA Snowpine there still plenty of daily parties happening,
      i do agree its less than before but its definitely not ghost town.

I created a new FTP character slightly more than a month ago,
      She is now lvl71 with +9 gold gears mixture of 5x-6x gears , she is not exactly well geared able to join and complete expert raids fairly well .

Normally i will do guild quest and taskboard quest while waiting for ppl to shout for Daily Token /Guardian Trial and normally will able to complete all between an hour (most of time i just join others party there are enough party to goes around and don't need to create one myself)

So there i will spent another hour on story line quest/ weekly token/dungeons which gives Nyx.

Don't get me wrong there are plenty of content just that i streamline it as i have limited gaming time.

I think Revelation Online is a wonderful GAME.

Well any game ...spent more money or time will have upper hand,
      the thing is its a "GAME" if u put it as competition where you wanna compete with the top players which start way far ahead of u...would be hard or some even says impossible

However leveling up and keeping up is fairly easy,
      unlike many other games where Revelation Online actually encourages senior players to helps newbies via merit, mentor, aptitude and also guild system.

Also

Having weekly sales does not mean milking.
      Players are unlike cows they can choose to buy or don't buy my.com cant make u buy something u don't want to, Just like going to mall they having sales weekly promotion are the mall milking the people that are going into the mall?

Fixing bug is a bit slow but game has release plenty of new content from time to time
      Also Assassin class coming by the end of the month , you might wanna consider to check it out below is the trailer

My suggestion is log in and see it for yourself

The post was edited 1 time, last by Leng Zai ().

• same here, dropped game the day they released 79 patch due to real life problems. come back after months just today downloaded get in game. half of my friendlist left game, other half says they about to do same thing. as a normal player with +10 69 gold items lvl 70, some people even said for mh trial "low-level" etc. i wasn't even able to clear mc3* back in time cause party issues. now just lost hope for current content that probably wont even able to find party for progress. not the mention dont have static or friends to gather team again. so i probably wont able to play this game. i dont want to get in endless loope daily tokens easy dungeon circle. i really wished things went better for this game and not died like this. i really love this game hyped really good but couldn't keep it up due to some other reasons and now everybody i know left it. *hold back tears*
    • As a player who played this game since more than a year now, i guess i need to clear all of this.
      Many people tell me this game is dieing and people leaving...and maybe forget that this is the way EVERY Game nowadays goes.
      Giving my.com the fault on everything seems fair, just because the game is not as perfect as you thought, it´s not dieing or going offline soon or is in some way a bad game and not worth to play.
      Revelation Online is game that got bad reviews from beginning and nearly none of these Reviewers ever really played the game and just bashing on something they don´t understand. People followed these Idiots and now the game is getting emptier...yes.
      But what the hell you think it´s any usefull to tell people to not play the game, if you got as main complain that it´s dieing.
      Maybe think before you write something, because if people would stop cry about everything and just play, the game would never be dieing.
      I see so many people cry about p2w and i just keep asking myself, how these people manage to breath.
      Just imagine you need to work 12 hours a day and can barely play like 2 hours to even manage to sleep and eat...how you want to compete with players who maybe not work and can farm all day? Yeah i know sometimes players have much time to play AND money to Cash...but how you want to manage it otherwise? If the game would not be p2w people would complain, that they don´t want to grind that much. Well even now it´s a main argument for not playing because you need to grind to much...srsly what sense does that make?
      You don´t want a game to be p2w but you hate long grinding too...you just want a game where you have everything from beginning or what?
      People like this, people like you right here, are the reason this game is dieing, not my.com or Game itself.
      You talk to yourself, that the game is not fair, because you rather want to farm or want or can Cash money into the game. I understand that, but that is not a Problem of the Game.

To end this, yes the game is worth to play, but you should first should watch how the game is like at the moment, before you get more into it.
      I know many people will say that i can say this, because i´m a Casher myself, but i need to work 9 hours a day, got a wife and i think i can speak for these people pretty good, that it´s much easier to Cash instead of wasting these few hours we can really play in farming.

So go cry about everything and everyone, but after all this game will some day have his Players who will stay whatever happens, so this game will never die, as hard as you try.
    • lol typical p2w response.. bashing others "hurr durr i have things so i need to pay stop crying" okay whatever. play the game as much as you want, as like you want. i also want to play maybe more than you. but in this current situation its nearly impossible for me or any other normal player to doesnt pay to game and doesnt have time to play 7-8 hour daily. and i am not talking about competition or being top 10. just to able to play basic medicore content. anyway. peace fellas
    • Those who are not satisfied with the game makes more noise than those who are doing just fine. I have my own share of disappointments in this game but it's nothing major that would make me quit, there is more fun than disappointments. I'm baffled that quite a lot of people who claims to have left or very dissatisfied with the game are still here commenting to threads.

I'm a player who has mediocre gear and my in game cash flow heavily relies in crafting. I admit that I spend money to the game but mostly only for cosmetics because I love aesthetics. And I am still enjoying the game, I am just one of many. Come to Divine Overlook to validate this statement.

About the topic. Get into a good guild and don't expect people will be there for you all the time. There are plenty of players you can party with just be patient. You can do other features even in solo. and yeah, there will be bumps along the way but still it is fun to play and worth it base on my experience.
      <---------- Bikini Expert, free consultations.

Emollion

The post was edited 1 time, last by BikiniBoss ().

• BikiniBoss wrote:

I'm baffled that quite a lot of people who claims to have left or very dissatisfied with the game are still here commenting to threads.
      Im always quite baffled by people that dont get this. Sure some just to troll a bit, but usually to see if the game has improved any; that's just common sense. Just look at the OP's question..... He left and is now asking how the game is. Baffles me indeed.
    • Meowmix2000 wrote:

BikiniBoss wrote:

I'm baffled that quite a lot of people who claims to have left or very dissatisfied with the game are still here commenting to threads.
      Im always quite baffled by people that dont get this. Sure some just to troll a bit, but usually to see if the game has improved any; that's just common sense. Just look at the OP's question..... He left and is now asking how the game is. Baffles me indeed.
      It baffles me that you don't get the point why it's stated in the first place, it's not a one sentence reply and you pinned me only for it. I see a lot of people complaining in threads claiming that the game is dead and discouraging people to stay out when they already left and not playing the game. Are you really that D? Let me just give you a benefit of the doubt, maybe I should have clarified the statement better, I guess common sense isn't common after all.

Maybe people like you who doesn't bother thinking and replying just to pin people makes the threads stressful.

Emollion
    • BikiniBoss wrote:

Meowmix2000 wrote:

BikiniBoss wrote:

It baffles me that you don't get the point why it's stated in the first place, it's not a one sentence reply and you pinned me only for it. I see a lot of people complaining in threads claiming that the game is dead and discouraging people to stay out when they already left and not playing the game. Are you really that D? Let me just give you a benefit of the doubt, maybe I should have clarified the statement better, I guess common sense isn't common after all.
      Maybe people like you who doesn't bother thinking and replying just to pin people makes the threads stressful.
      What threads.... One post in here did. I just posted some recent review vids. There is like 1 thread a day on this forum.... I just looked at the entire 1st page of posts, I dont think any of them have what you claim there is (except this one).

Edit: I just looked at the last three pages outta curiosity of the forum (of this section). None of them, at least at a quick glance contain what you claim. You are chasing ghosts...

• Meowmix2000 wrote:

BikiniBoss wrote:

Meowmix2000 wrote:

BikiniBoss wrote:

It baffles me that you don't get the point why it's stated in the first place, it's not a one sentence reply and you pinned me only for it. I see a lot of people complaining in threads claiming that the game is dead and discouraging people to stay out when they already left and not playing the game. Are you really that D? Let me just give you a benefit of the doubt, maybe I should have clarified the statement better, I guess common sense isn't common after all.Maybe people like you who doesn't bother thinking and replying just to pin people makes the threads stressful.
      What threads.... One post in here did. I just posted some recent review vids. There is like 1 thread a day on this forum.... I just looked at the entire 1st page of posts, I dont think any of them have what you claim there is (except this one).
      Edit: I just looked at the last three pages outta curiosity of the forum (of this section). None of them, at least at a quick glance contain what you claim. You are chasing ghosts...
      I feel the need to look for a proof I'm just to lazy to do it and I don't think It's worth our (or atleast my) time to go in with this. I read this forum everyday and I'm sure I can find the proof you need but somehow I feel that it wouldn't make me feel satisfied even if I'm vindicated. I am logging here in forum everyday and read at work so I know what I am talking about. You need to look for more pages If you need a proof. Go on.

Emollion
    • I dont need proof, cause I know it recently doesnt exist to extent you think it does.

One final note though. This game will succeed or fail on it's merits. Which can only be controlled by the publisher and the developer, not what some random posters on forums say; irregardless of the content of their posts.

Good night though bikiniboss.

• Meowmix2000 wrote:

I dont need proof, cause I know it recently doesnt exist to extent you think it does.

One final note though. This game will succeed or fail on it's merits. Which can only be controlled by the publisher and the developer, not what some random posters on forums say; irregardless of the content of their posts.

Good night though bikiniboss.
      I am "baffled" that I agree with you in your second paragraph though I don't with first. Good night too.

Emollion
    • NopeManshu wrote:

same here, dropped game the day they released 79 patch due to real life problems. come back after months just today downloaded get in game. half of my friendlist left game, other half says they about to do same thing. as a normal player with +10 69 gold items lvl 70, some people even said for mh trial "low-level" etc. i wasn't even able to clear mc3* back in time cause party issues. now just lost hope for current content that probably wont even able to find party for progress. not the mention dont have static or friends to gather team again. so i probably wont able to play this game. i dont want to get in endless loope daily tokens easy dungeon circle. i really wished things went better for this game and not died like this. i really love this game hyped really good but couldn't keep it up due to some other reasons and now everybody i know left it. *hold back tears*
      I understand that sentiment,
      It happens to me once as well when Tusenwood merges to Snowpine...Many of my good comrades left the game or join Divine Outlook(great server just that i cant let go my character here else i be there too).

Instead of giving up, i carry on..cant do MCX 3* instead i did MCX 1* just get my weekly and daily fix... then slowly i geared up enough to do 2* then 3* this took a long time.... but along the way i met with new comrades where we helped and supported each other and we made it through MCX 3* and AoSx2*

Now I'm in a guild where 70%-80% of the members are FTP with similar gear scores like yours,
      we not a big guild but we help each other and have fun , each week we have 2x MCX3* and 1-2x AoSx1* guild carry to help out members who in need. In fact in Snowpine there are few other guilds who doing similar guild carry to help out their members.

There even a great man in Snowpine (not me) he offers (in world chat all the time) to help anyone for free just need whisper him and he will help to organised and assist in any runs(including MCX3* and AoSx1).

To me this is an adventure, Just like in fantasy world settings... comrades/friends comes and goes .

its bout how you take it....
      i look at it as a game and its free to play, when i started the game i has no friends and just wanna have fun.... till now i still does the same game and have fun but with friends.

Don't give up maybe just that you have not meet right person/group, its just a game and its FTP don't get too stress over it .. try have fun , meet people, join guild and have adventure.

if u ever in Snowpine let me know i will hook you up ..

The post was edited 1 time, last by Leng Zai ().

• I've played since the very first cbt.
      The game as expected was packed the first 2 months of OBT.
      Not long after we had a merge of servers due to low population. DE/FR servers were supposed to arrive at Q3 2017, as we can see they didn't. It would be a bad move, since the population as of right now is triple digits on each server.
      As a new player you won't see anyone till you reach atleast level 60. Even so, it will be a bit difficult to run dungeons since those few that are left playing tend to get higher levels to avoid wasting time.

I suggest you start the day assasin patch hits. It will be your only chance to encounter players at low levels and have the chance to run a dungeon or so.

Join us on!
      Discord