f
s

Change Class Scroll? Explanation

• Rather than knowing when class changes scroll is coming out, Id like to know how it works. How will it effect skill books purchased, special skills and levels, gear, upgrades done to gear, etc. Does anyone know either from hearing down the grape vine or experiencing it personally in CN server?

Basically I wanna know if I need to start collecting books for the class I want to change to all over again, as well as more skill pages and chapters etc.
    • Back in CN the class change scroll came out a month after the Assassin was released. I actually happened to change my level 79 GS to Sin so here's the first hand experience of mine:

All your Special skills along with the specialized daos are converted to the other class losslessly. So if your 3* special skill was level 10 and dao'ed 5 fire+5 mountain, the levels of the skill and the daos in it will remain the same after the scroll takes effect, except, the skill itself is altered to the 3* special skill that your current class has.

Your skill cultivation points will remain the same. The current pages along with the cultivation books that you've either edited or acquired will be saved permanently in your account. So if you happen to want to switch back to the previous class(which the class change scroll will provide this free service that lasts about a week), you will have the skill page setup back like it used to be. However, you will need to buy the cultivation books for your new class since every class has different cultis layout and they are way too complex for inheritance.

Your Demonslayer gears, Eternal Chasm gears, class outfit and class mount can all be converted to the ones suited for your new class. The set bonuses will also be converted. However ,you cannot convert the gears that are hand-made from blueprints. You'll want be prepared when the scroll takes effect. Also, all your gear venerations that were exclusive to your previous class will be altered to the ones that are exclusive to your new class. For example, Swordmage can have its primary and secondary weapons venerated with Magic defense break but Crit increment. In the opposite, Gunslinger can have Crit increment but Magic defense Break. If you happen to change class from Swordmage to Gunslinger, the Magic defense break showed up on your weapon venerations will be replaced by Crit increment. Vise versa.

Your soul grid panel and all of the crystals in it will remain the same. You will need to purchase a new panel and convert the Chaos crystal into the one that suits your new class.

Edit 1: improved clarification & fixed grammar mistakes.

Edit 2: Apparently I got it wrong on EC gears. They are convertible after all. The pearls for set activation are non-convertible so you'll want to use them on the gears to activate the set bonuses first.
      Swordmage/Assassin/
      Gunslinger main

ToP Hard Swordmage Solo Complete Run

The post was edited 3 times, last by Clarity ().

• Clarity wrote:

Back in CN the class change scroll came out a month after Assassin was released. I actually happened to change my level 79 GS to Sin so here's the first hand experience of me:

All your Specials with daos are switched to the other class respectively. So if your 3* special skill was dao'ed 5 fire+5 mountain, it will remain the same except the skill itself is altered to the 3* special skill that your current class has.

Your skill cultivation points remain the same. The current pages along with the cultivation books that you've edited/acquired will be saved in your account. So if you happen to want to switch back to the previous class, which the class change scroll will provide this free service that lasts a week(I think, it's been a while so I'm not sure how long exactly), you will have the skill page back like it used to be. However you will need to buy cultivation books for your new class since every class has different cultis layout and they are way too complex for inheritance.

Your basic gears, class outfit and class mount can be altered to the ones suited for your new class. However , you cannot redeem the gears that are hand-made from the blueprints. So you'll want to buy the new ones before the scroll takes effect. Your gear venerations will also be altered to the ones that are only available for your new class. For example, Swordmage can have its primary and secondary weapons venerated with Magic defense break but Crit increment. In the opposite, Gunslinger can have Crit increment but Magic defense Break. If you happen to change class from Swordmage to Gunslinger, the Magic defense break showed up on your weapon venerations will be replaced by Crit increment. Vise versa.

Your soul grid will remain the same. Not much to talk about there.

And that's pretty much all there is.
      Awesome. Can you elaborate more on the crafted gear thing? So if you have a set of +13 poltergeist gear, it won't transfer over?
    • Iceyy wrote:

Awesome. Can you elaborate more on the crafted gear thing? So if you have a set of +13 poltergeist gear, it won't transfer over?
      Ive heard that the only gear that is effected from class changes is demonslayer crafted, not handmade blueprints (poltergeist). Multiple ppl have said this so I can only assume it's accurate. My suggestion would be to at least get ur full DS materials gear made before u change so u have a full set of gear right away. Your handmade buleprint gear will more than likely just be some expensive fodder turned into runes after ;-;. Just make sure to transfer ur +13 over to the DS crafted gear before u do, of course haha.
    • Muse wrote:

Iceyy wrote:

Ive heard that the only gear that is effected from class changes is demonslayer crafted, not handmade blueprints (poltergeist). Multiple ppl have said this so I can only assume it's accurate. My suggestion would be to at least get ur full DS materials gear made before u change so u have a full set of gear right away. Your handmade buleprint gear will more than likely just be some expensive fodder turned into runes after ;-;. Just make sure to transfer ur +13 over to the DS crafted gear before u do, of course haha.
      This is correct.

Muse wrote:

Is any of what the previous person said true? That it's locked for 15hr, manually switched and costs around 15k aurum? Thanks for the info btw :D planning to go GS>SS.
      Scroll is around 3k aurum in CN (either 2999 or 3999, i forgot how much exactly it costs) and for as far as I know the scroll takes effect immediately after the system logs you out. It will also let you to change your appearance the next time you log in.

Shokuto Reiki wrote:

Clarity, what about demonslayer rank?
      For me was a pain to make it to rank 7; I really dont want to go through it again XD.
      Beside this point I will make a sin for sure ^^
      Nothing else will change. You get to keep your ranks, fraction favors, crafting levels, etc.
      Swordmage/Assassin/
      Gunslinger main

ToP Hard Swordmage Solo Complete Run

• Okay I know a lot of people have been interested in class changers and how they work. This is a guide made solely from how class changers worked in CN. Ideally this is how ours will function, but there is no promises My.com will follow this exact implementation. If you're interested I've created this google docs to show the process through which you would go through in CN.

Class Changers - Google Documenten

If you have any questions or recommendations please message me with an @ here or shoot me a personal message here or on the revelation discord and I will do my best to answer those questions. Though I feel Clarity did a great job covering most of the in-depth details above, so don't forget to look above at Clarity's post.

I would like to now add that this post has now been translated! :thumbsup:
    • Psibyl wrote:

Okay I know a lot of people have been interested in class changers and how they work. This is a guide made solely from how class changers worked in CN. Ideally this is how ours will function, but there is no promises My.com will follow this exact implementation. If you're interested I've created this google docs to show the process through which you would go through in CN.

If you have any questions or recommendations please message me with an @ here or shoot me a personal message here or on the revelation discord and I will do my best to answer those questions. Though I feel Clarity did a great job covering most of the in-depth details above, so don't forget to look above at Clarity's post.

Based on what you wrote there, it seems the class change items were introduced after cross-server and class bases in open world features and maybe a few others. So unless we get all those features packed with sin update, I guess we won't have class changing for some time.
    • Dementurios wrote:

Psibyl wrote:

Okay I know a lot of people have been interested in class changers and how they work. This is a guide made solely from how class changers worked in CN. Ideally this is how ours will function, but there is no promises My.com will follow this exact implementation. If you're interested I've created this google docs to show the process through which you would go through in CN.

Based on what you wrote there, it seems the class change items were introduced after cross-server and class bases in open world features and maybe a few others. So unless we get all those features packed with sin update, I guess we won't have class changing for some time.

No @Dementurios, that's not the case we have gone out of order as far as content goes so those do not have to come first.
    • Can we convert equipment that doesnt belong to our current class ? Ex: If I play Gunner and loot gold vanguard boots in a dungeon, will I be able to transfer those boots into swordmage boots later

What I'm asking is if we can swap equipment from other classes such as unusable gold gear dropped from dungeons

The post was edited 1 time, last by Faren ().

• NirV wrote:

So we will get class changer with assasin update?
      There's no guarantee until my.com says it's so.

Faren wrote:

Can we convert equipment that doesnt belong to our current class ? Ex: If I play Gunner and loot gold vanguard boots in a dungeon, will I be able to transfer those boots into swordmage boots later
      Yes you can you would purchase an item from the cash shop to do so.
    • Psibyl wrote:

NirV wrote:

So we will get class changer with assasin update?
      There's no guarantee until my.com says it's so.

Faren wrote:

Can we convert equipment that doesnt belong to our current class ? Ex: If I play Gunner and loot gold vanguard boots in a dungeon, will I be able to transfer those boots into swordmage boots later
      Yes you can you would purchase an item from the cash shop to do so.
      We are getting the class change with the assassin update. You can see it on the shadowblade page :"Class & Equipment Change: Need a change of pace on the battlefield? Find a safe place and change your class & equipment to explore a completely different path".