f
s

Current state of RO

• Yerrazx wrote:

What exactly is it you can buy to progress faster ? Experience boosts ?
    And how is the population on the servers ? Are the bots still a thing ? Does the Dev do something to prevent them ?
    Gear boosts;
    Bronze shards for refinements and venerations, daos, dao focuses, carved runes for exalts, firestones for better gear crafting, swap aurum directly for IC to spam crafting for god rolled gear, buy pve/pvp marks (gems).

Basically the gear you farm in 3 months, someone can buy in a week (because there is a limit of 1 purchase of aurum per day).
    Katsuri | Frost - Snowpine | Occultist
  • Yerrazx wrote:

What exactly is it you can buy to progress faster ? Experience boosts ?
    And how is the population on the servers ? Are the bots still a thing ? Does the Dev do something to prevent them ?
    Materials to reroll the stats of your gears.
    Materials to level up and add additional effect to your special skills(Very Expensive).
    There's also Experience boosts and items that allows you to accumulate experience. But you can get in daily login and quest, And I'm not sure if Wallet Warriors are buying it. Grinding is limited as well. Most of the experience comes from quest(I guess that's RPGMMO Style now).

And like I said you can farm it yourself with in-game coins if you know how to earn gold ;)

As for the bots, Bots are not really a thing in this game unlike Blade N' Soul where bots were in PVP Arena, World Boss, Gathering Nodes and in Dungeons joining your party. But ofc the gold bot spams will always be there, you can block their chat anytime.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ureshii ().

• JohnHarrison wrote:

Yerrazx wrote:

Are the bots still a thing ? Does the Dev do something to prevent them ?
    As for the bots, Bots are not really a thing in this game unlike Blade N' Soul where bots were in PVP Arena, World Boss, Gathering Nodes and in Dungeons joining your party. But ofc the gold bot spams will always be there, you can block their chat anytime.
    I'm not sure how JohnHarrison can say that bots are not a thing in this game. They are literally everywhere!! I would conservatively estimate that at least 50% of the characters on any server are bots. There are lines and lines and lines of them in almost every area of the map. If the Dev is doing anything about the bots they are losing the war against them. The only way you can say that bots are not a thing is if you can ignore them; I cannot.
    Old Timers Guild
    "Laid back, not too serious, no drama. All about the fun!"
  • Pretty much what everyone said. It's a really fun game, and it's well made in the fact that there's a lot of content at each level/power spike (assuming that you choose to take time to gear at the lower levels). The game is kinda made in a way where if you try to rush to the level cap, you'll be punished relatively hard as each level spike is very relevant to the difficulty in the incoming content.

In terms of difficulty, if I had to compare it to other MMOs, it's certainly one of the harder ones mechanically speaking. However, they do pad the difficulty by allowing you to revive as many times as you want until you clear, assuming that you don't pass the given time limit, and if you really focus on it, you'll notice that time tends to fly by really fast.

Unfortunately, it's hosted by a somewhat mediocre game hosting company and they prioritize monetizing your gameplay over actual bugs and fixes way more than most companies do (and I thought ijji was bad). Not to mention, this is a chinese MMO (versus most which are Korean), and most chinese based games tend to love their money.

In regards to money, this game is more of a P2ProgressFaster type of game versus a P2W (A lot of people fail to understand the difference). Almost everything in this game outside of cosmetics can be obtained without spending a dime, but it will take a lot of farming. Nevertheless, it's not like some games where there are game-breaking cash shop only exclusives, so technically speaking, everyone's on the same playing field.

Also, the scenery in this game is very beautiful, and you have a lot of freedom of movement, and the game is designed so that you have quite a handful to do every day and every week. Though that also has the downside of the possibility of falling behind too hard if you skip too many days to do your dailies and weeklies.

That's really it in a nutshell. It's pretty much your generic MMORPG with a few neat extras onto it and a somewhat difficulty. Hope this helps~
    Server: Snowpine | IGN: Lilybelle / Lilypad | Class: Spiritshaper (Pure PVE)

Thank you evinezca for this wonderful signature~
  • This game is fun.

Pros:
    It has a good, though little bit clunky, combat system.
    It has great movement with flying and smooth wuxia-themed running.
    It has an excellent character progression system with multiple sources that contribute to the strength of your own character. If you're into different builds, looking into different stat benefits, etc., that is definitely one of this game's strong point.
    It has a nice dyeing system where you have a large array of colors to customize costumes with.
    It has a great guild system where you will progressively upgrade your own guild with X resources for benefits, and this system promotes a strong level of guild activity.
    Population is healthy, still.

Cons:
    It is infested with bots.

It is P2W. You can gear up to an acceptable standard by exchanging your Imperial Coins for Aurum and then buying enchantment/gearing mats, but it is nigh impossible to catch up to the whales because you depend on the whales selling Aurum to you in order to gear up. Thus, PvP can be a frustrating experience, especially if a whale decides to PK you.

It has some very toxic guild relations, as in backstabbing, lying, griefing other guilds while they're doing PvE activities. A prime example of this can be found in a forum post about Muroc not too long ago.

PvE is honestly stupid easy in this game compared to say, WoW or even TERA. But it incorporates some nice ideas like jump mechanics.

My verdict is that this game is worth playing for a few months while the community is healthy but not worth any investment of money. It's worth it to try this game out simply for the fun movement system, unique character development system, and guild system. I would not delve too deep into guild politics because it's cancerous, but join a large guild so that you get to experience the large scale PvP.
  • I would say try it but if you want to be a top player get your wallet out especially after the current additions to the shop

The company as usual doesn't have a clue what they are doing EG Adding Mythos when most are lvl60+. Mythos was something which was supposed to be active right from lvl1 and you were supposed to do them as you level, do dungeons and explore which would have made things a lot easier for non spenders and even spenders, people would have had an easier time getting gears better

Same with adventure Manual and task boards - Still bugged and have been since OBT started. Simply put if it doesn't produce money they won't fix it

We recently had a server merge 4 are now 3 which is funny since the OBT has been out for only a few months, I think this the state of the game in a nutshell

You will enjoy it for maybe a month or two but If your not a spender you won't stay or you'll stay like everyone else while we wait for more promising games from companies that are not as bad as this one
  • It's a great game but if you are competative or even wants to stand a chance,u would need your wallet.
    Like most of the mmorpgs,even if you have greater skill you would still lose to the p2w players due to massive gear difference.
    The game has everything you could hope for in a mmorpg but it is highly P2W.
    Not paytoprogress but pay to win.
    Whoever says you can chase a pay2win guy in months,try having 4.5/5star refining quality with +13/+15 full set then try talking :D
  • Just want to add my 2 cents on the subject.

How do you feel about buggy beta quality game with incomplete or poor translation? These types of things get on my nerves throughout my level experience in this game. If I haven't paid for the founder's pack and just tried it out as free-to-play, I wouldn't have lasted for more than a week.

Like others have said, if you want to be competitive and be part of the top tier, be ready to spend money. Pay-to-win or not, you are more than 3 months late to start.

If you can tolerate the bugs and translation, and you just want to casually sink some time into a game and don't care about what other players are wearing and doing, there are a lot of things to explore and do. (And, it's a huge time sink if you want to do most, not even all, of them.)
  • the game die pretty fast , most cbt players already left the game like about 1-2 month ago. Even most of the p2w players get bored quick and left. Not sure if they are coming back after lv70 update , but without a doubt lot of players quitted the game pretty fast.
  • Brogg wrote:

JohnHarrison wrote:

Yerrazx wrote:

Are the bots still a thing ? Does the Dev do something to prevent them ?
    I'm not sure how JohnHarrison can say that bots are not a thing in this game. They are literally everywhere!! I would conservatively estimate that at least 50% of the characters on any server are bots. There are lines and lines and lines of them in almost every area of the map. If the Dev is doing anything about the bots they are losing the war against them. The only way you can say that bots are not a thing is if you can ignore them; I cannot.
    Well in my experience with Blade N' Soul, bots are everywhere.. In this game I barely see them(Moonsea Server)..