f
s

Grand Bulwark Slaughter Merit points bugged?

• New

What i said previously is correct. The only possible way is to used up the experience , by levelling arcane art so that you can receive merit again.

Also if you want to prove me wrong , try get a screenshot on the lv 59 and asking them hover his mouse on the experience bar and also click the top right guidance mode to see if it display or not. This way we can know for sure he/she not lieing :)
    • New

Bryan Fury wrote:

Gotex wrote:

What i said previously is correct.
      It is NOT.
      As already said, 4 (FOUR) different characters, same level, happend to stop activating the guidance mode totally at random percentage. And obviously i can't do any screen as for now, since we leveled up already time ago...
      It's already mention in the customer support, i'm sure that they are right.
      If you are lv 61-64 then guidance mode won't activate unless you are lv 65 and above . This is prob why you don't see it.
      And regarding the % for lv 59/60 , it have been tested many time since cbt so it's not a bug . The reason behind it was to prevent bots/ player's alt to farm merits , because gb hard/slaughter give tons of merits - around 10k per run.
    • New

Gotex wrote:

Bryan Fury wrote:

Gotex wrote:

It is NOT.As already said, 4 (FOUR) different characters, same level, happend to stop activating the guidance mode totally at random percentage. And obviously i can't do any screen as for now, since we leveled up already time ago...
      It's already mention in the customer support, i'm sure that they are right.If you are lv 61-64 then guidance mode won't activate unless you are lv 65 and above . This is prob why you don't see it.
      And regarding the % for lv 59/60 , it have been tested many time since cbt so it's not a bug . The reason behind it was to prevent bots/ player's alt to farm merits , because gb hard/slaughter give tons of merits - around 10k per run.
      Again.... do you read what i wrote or not? Are you doing all the assumption based on the support?

WE-TESTED-IT-WITH-4-CHARACTERS-OF-SAME-LEVEL,
      EVERY-ONE-OF-EM-STOPPED-GIVING-GUIDANCE-MODE-RANDOMLY (and no, we weren't on the WRONG level, because we where receiving it),
      EACH-ONE-WITH-A-DIFFERENT-EXP-PERCENTAGE.

Do you see it now, the main point?

We used to test with 4 characters level 59. Each one did THE SAME ammount of entry. EACH SINGLE CHARACTER stopped giving guidance mode totally random. One at 200%, one at 400% one at 800% and the last one at 1150%.

I do believe too that there IS some kind of limit to that (maybe an entry counter), BUT, i'm also sure that the system itself doesn't work correctly, because it "should" stop EVERY single character at the same limit, not kicking in at totally randomly percentage.

BryanFury - Clan Leader | Website | Forum | Facebook |
    • New

Well seen it with 2 characters one above 700% the other above 1100% (both at party). One was party leader and never gave merit a couple runs (also at one run without party leader he did not give merits), the other gave always merit (until now, but there is still time to test it further) so the thing with the "59+%lvl" is not (always?) true; my main also gave merit with more than 1800%. Idk when it bugs out, but it happens randomly at others it does not or not that often. Also seen it at mh normal, 2 ppl at guidance lvl one gave merit the other not, and the one that gave merit saved his exp at 49, idk about the other.
      So there must be something else what triggers that, the party leader thing can not be the trigger (but it is maybe more likely to bug it?), I remember now, being pt leader with a twink at 59 (at a time when the bug was at the game already) and still gave merit. It is gambling at the moment. Also the thing with 61-64 ppl at the party is not what triggers it (not only?), because then why one is at guidance mode the other 59 not at the same run...

The post was edited 1 time, last by 12113976 ().

• New

Bryan Fury wrote:

Gotex wrote:

Bryan Fury wrote:

Gotex wrote:

It is NOT.As already said, 4 (FOUR) different characters, same level, happend to stop activating the guidance mode totally at random percentage. And obviously i can't do any screen as for now, since we leveled up already time ago...
      It's already mention in the customer support, i'm sure that they are right.If you are lv 61-64 then guidance mode won't activate unless you are lv 65 and above . This is prob why you don't see it.And regarding the % for lv 59/60 , it have been tested many time since cbt so it's not a bug . The reason behind it was to prevent bots/ player's alt to farm merits , because gb hard/slaughter give tons of merits - around 10k per run.
      Again.... do you read what i wrote or not? Are you doing all the assumption based on the support?
      EVERY-ONE-OF-EM-STOPPED-GIVING-GUIDANCE-MODE-RANDOMLY (and no, we weren't on the WRONG level, because we where receiving it),

Do you see it now, the main point?

We used to test with 4 characters level 59. Each one did THE SAME ammount of entry. EACH SINGLE CHARACTER stopped giving guidance mode totally random. One at 200%, one at 400% one at 800% and the last one at 1150%.

I do believe too that there IS some kind of limit to that (maybe an entry counter), BUT, i'm also sure that the system itself doesn't work correctly, because it "should" stop EVERY single character at the same limit, not kicking in at totally randomly percentage.
      There no way you would get guidance mode if a lv 59 character have more than aprox 200% stored. Cuz that would be lv 61. I know this for a fact because i have once stopped at lv 59 with 1700% exp stored to gear up to +10, bg farming for 4 weeks so that is over 28x GB SL that i have tested . Ever since i gotten above 200% there was never a guidance name shown in GB SL aka no merits.
    • New

u_12113976 wrote:

... my main also gave merit with more than 1800%. ...

Gotex wrote:

There no way you would get guidance mode if a lv 59 character have more than aprox 200% stored. Cuz that would be lv 61. I know this for a fact because i have once stopped at lv 59 with 1700% exp stored to gear up to +10, bg farming for 4 weeks so that is over 28x GB SL that i have tested . Ever since i gotten above 200% there was never a guidance name shown in GB SL aka no merits.
      well I quote myself on this ...

the thing is, this happened to you, but that does not mean, that it happens to all ppl. You have several examples where it wasn´t triggered by xp, so why do you still persist that it is only triggered by xp?
      And another thing with only 200% stored xp, you do not get lvl 61. 200% stored xp at 59 means 200% of xp you needed for the next lvl but 61 needs more than you need for lvl 60, with the aptitude it may be another story, but that does not count into the stored xp.
      Just for you my puush before I Ivled up my main, that was at 24.06.17...
      That I was at guidance mode at gb slaughter you have to believe me now, did no screen of that...

The post was edited 3 times, last by 12113976 ().

• New

Bryan Fury wrote:

Gotex wrote:

Can we get an estimated date of these "known results" from both of you guys? It is possible both of you were correct, and things got changed/fix since then and hence the different results now.

Maybe what Bryan did was early on and it has now been fixed and now works as how Support and Gotex indicates. All we can do at this point is pay attention when doing mentee runs and note the result and see what is happening now and cannot go on old test results.
      Red text: My moderator alter ego in action. PAY attention
    • New

AttacKat wrote:

Can we get an estimated date of these "known results" from both of you guys? It is possible both of you were correct, and things got changed/fix since then and hence the different results now.

Maybe what Bryan did was early on and it has now been fixed and now works as how Support and Gotex indicates. All we can do at this point is pay attention when doing mentee runs and note the result and see what is happening now and cannot go on old test results

Well seen it with 2 characters one above 700% the other above 1100% (both at party). One was party leader and never gave merit a couple runs (also at one run without party leader he did not give merits), the other gave always merit (until now, but there is still time to test it further) so the thing with the "59+%lvl" is not (always?) true

u_12113976 wrote:

(well it is your f***ing quote function that bugs out, take care of it on your own, I leave it as it is now...)

With the both 59 chars was last week, so NO it is not new that you don´t give merrits with more than 2xx% stored

Edit: today...

The post was edited 1 time, last by 12113976 ().

• New

I dont really have any evidence but there was few times i didnt get merits for slaughter, mh normal.
      All cases that i remember had one thing in common is that the merit giver was the first one to enter dungeon.
      Maybe guidance mode sets in if when merit guy enters there is already high lvl inside.
      So when merit guy enters and there is no high lvl mentoring player, game checks merit guy as not mentored and this is not changed when others enter. I think there were few cases when i got 4 lvl 45-49 players for mh normal and i got guidance only for those that entered after me.
      Might be just me thinking too much but i will try to get any data about it with ss.
      Server:
      EU - Tidewater (Eventide)
      Class:
      Swordmage 151k GS
      Guild:
      StrefaElite
    • New

AttacKat wrote:

Maybe what Bryan did was early on and it has now been fixed and now works as how Support and Gotex indicates. All we can do at this point is pay attention when doing mentee runs and note the result and see what is happening now and cannot go on old test results.
      It was something about 20d ago (maybe more, i can't really remember all i know is that it wasn't working), because now we are a lot over 64+

EDIT: I found back the first ticket i sent about it and they CONFIRMED it was a bug. The date was 17/04/2017.

• New

Bryan Fury wrote:

It was something about 20d ago (maybe more, i can't really remember all i know is that it wasn't working), because now we are a lot over 64+
      EDIT: I found back the first ticket i sent about it and they CONFIRMED it was a bug. The date was 17/04/2017.
      OK, then at this point all we can do is wait for NetEase to fix the code since it is a known bug and they should have it on their bug list.

Thanks for updating, everyone. At least now we know how this bug behaves a little more.
      Red text: My moderator alter ego in action. PAY attention
    • New

AttacKat wrote:

Bryan Fury wrote:

OK, then at this point all we can do is wait for NetEase to fix the code since it is a known bug and they should have it on their bug list.
      Thanks for updating, everyone. At least now we know how this bug behaves a little more.
      I can even post the screen of their reply saying it is a know issue and that they will fix it if a proof is required...

• New

Idk about in slaughter, but my friend and I run darkfall easy with our alts to get the weekly mentor quest for peculiar tickets, and the lowbie alts randomly stop triggering guidance anywhere from 23 to 25. It has happened with multiple alts, they just no longer actually trigger it. They are definitely not 1000% overcapped on experience as there is no way to prevent leveling at that level. There is no notice, no explanation, they just stop triggering guidance mode for merit.
    • New

Same thing happened to me, I have low lvl alt that was multiple times in DF Easy to give Merits and now, at 26, it stopped. We tried it with either me, or mentor being party leader and entering dungeon 1st.

We gonna test it with new alts and count how many times he will be a merit, maybe there is a hidden counter, since any other explanation fails.
    • New

According to the merit vendor's guidance level listing, 29 and below should give merit for 30+ in DF easy, and they no longer give merit as low as lvl 23 for 59-69 characters. That's 6 levels below the cutoff point.

For slaughter, 65+ should be getting merit for 55-60 characters, and they randomly don't.

Something is hinky with the triggering of guidance, it needs to be looked at.