f
s

Announcement Regarding Server-first Resets Today

    • Announcement Regarding Server-first Resets Today

      Hello Everyone,

      We are aware that the reset did not reset the dungeon’s first bosses as was communicated. This has created an un-even playing field for all our players as some were able to go directly to the last boss. This was not intended and we apologize for the frustration that was caused. We want to make sure that everyone has a fair and equal starting point. We will be looking into why the entire dungeons did not reset and from that, we will plan on what to do from there.

      Overall, we are happy to see so many participants in our Server-First event, however, this has not come without some bumps in the road to greatness. We would like to thank the community for making us aware of the situation.

      - Please be aware that this is something which we tested internally and was not meant to happen
      -NA Server reset is still planned for today, along with the new server.

      Since this has happened on our EU servers, we will be looking to possibly resetting the NA servers again, in the near future. we will announce any further information regarding this in the news pages on our website.

      For those of you who took part on the EU servers, we will be discussing this internally over the week and will communicate a conclusion to this reset as soon as we have something finalized.

      Thank you for your understanding and patience regarding this matter,

      KillShift
      NA Community Manager


      Update:

      Hello everyone,

      We are happy that so many people turned up for yesterday’s server-first event on both the EU and NA servers. We appreciate the continued feedback and competitive energy that everyone has shown for this event.

      When our QA team ran tests in preparation for this event on our private testing servers, we found that dungeon progress would reset and bosses which had previously been slain would respawn upon entry after maintenance. Sadly, despite testing this, this was not the case for our live servers which resulted in this situation.This meant that different guilds and groups had different starting points for their dungeon run, making it an uneven playing field towards achieving a spot in the top 5 which had the strict criteria of having to kill all the bosses in the dungeon and being amongst the first in the server to do so.

      We want to respect the competition and intention of the server-first reset event and be fair to everyone that completed the dungeon runs by meeting all of the criteria after the reset. For all guilds and groups that completed all criterias after the reset, you will be keeping all your rewards and prizes. Unfortunately, teams that did not meet all the criteria of a complete dungeon clear will have their boxes removed.
      We apologise that the reset event was not carried out in the form we would have liked, however in this current situation, we feel that this is the best solution to respect this event and the competitive effort of our EU players. We will be continuing the investigation on the measures we’ve taken to make sure that no mistakes were made and that everyone has been investigated equally.

      With regards to the NA servers, we are continuing the investigation on the server-first clears and we will apply the same decision. If we find that a dungeon clear did not meet the criteria of killing all the bosses after the reset, the boxes will be removed. We will be following up on this communication later on as we continue to gather results from our investigation. We are aware that there may have been an issue in Darkfall regarding the first clears on the Mech Citadel dungeon..

      Again we thank everyone for their passion and feedback during this event.
    • Just proof that some of us actually did this legit,

      Twitch

      and hoping there isin't a full reset again .... those who cheated just get what they deserve

      I'm certain its easy to look at the times, and the player names and put the actual people who did this legit, in the leader board

      Edit: This is for EU Moonsea

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Mandii ().

    • Mandii wrote:

      Just proof that some of us actually did this legit,

      Twitch

      and hoping there isin't a full reset again .... those who cheated just get what they deserve

      I'm certain its easy to look at the times, and the player names and put the actual people who did this legit, in the leader board


      Same Sorry for Quality (And the Langauge)

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Feii ().

    • Faren wrote:

      How freaking unprofessionnal can you be, what the hell

      Can you just take back the achievements of those who cheated and give it to those who did legit runs, what is wrong with you
      Everything can happen, would be nice if the ones who did everything legal get what they deserve instead of resetting everything again to give the one who cheated a second chance, they dont deserve a second chance in my opionion....
    • Faren wrote:

      How freaking unprofessionnal can you be, what the hell

      Can you just take back the achievements of those who cheated and give it to those who did legit runs, what is wrong with you
      The team is still figuring out what to do for the EU servers and you will get an EU statement from the EU team. We addressed the issue before NA reset so players know before trying to get server first today. The real fight for server first will come another day on NA.
    • "-NA Server reset is still planned for today, along with the new server.

      Since this has happened on our EU servers, we will be looking to possibly resetting the NA servers in the near future. we will announce any further information regarding this in the news pages on our website."

      " The real fight for server first will come another day on NA."

      I'm confused.
      So does NA not get server first reset today or do we get it?! Cause you say you're resetting server but then say server firsts another time...
    • So today, NA will have their server reset and it will have the issue like EU for server firsts. A server reset will then happen again in the future but the dungeon issue will be fixed.

      Reason its more complicated on EU is because some legit did it, some precleared the dungeon, and that requires more investigation.

      Addressing the 2nd reset before the 1st reset for NA will let people know that if you do it legit or preclear it, it wont last as a server first for you. We cant say the same for EU because it already happened.
    • KillShift wrote:

      So today, NA will have their server reset and it will have the issue like EU for server firsts. A server reset will then happen again in the future but the dungeon issue will be fixed.

      Reason its more complicated on EU is because some legit did it, some precleared the dungeon, and that requires more investigation.

      Addressing the 2nd reset before the 1st reset for NA will let people know that if you do it legit or preclear it, it wont last as a server first for you. We cant say the same for EU because it already happened.
      Thank you, very clear now.

      Tough pickle you're in with EU.
    • How many mess ups has it been so far? Is anyone at my.com keeping track? Cause I personally lost count.

      Almost nothing you guys have attempted has gone as planned and you say "road to greatness". I think you managed to milk whatever remaining of the player base real good - maybe, hire a better IT (or whatever) team so all this stops happening. Or did the contract between you guys and the original developer include a target number of mess ups and you're just doing your job? For any other company selling any product, sh!t would be hitting the fan left, right and, center by now and a proactive management would be looking for effective solutions.
    • KillShift wrote:

      So today, NA will have their server reset and it will have the issue like EU for server firsts. A server reset will then happen again in the future but the dungeon issue will be fixed.

      Reason its more complicated on EU is because some legit did it, some precleared the dungeon, and that requires more investigation.

      Addressing the 2nd reset before the 1st reset for NA will let people know that if you do it legit or preclear it, it wont last as a server first for you. We cant say the same for EU because it already happened.
      So basically this server reset for NA is just useless because we are expecting the same issue like in EU, and we are having the 2nd reset soon..? X/
    • so even after the 1st "server-first" reset in NA, we do the run and let's say manage to be TOP 5, we won't get anything right? even the reward?

      my question is like this : after this 1st "server-first" reset, I clear the dungeon first (doesn't care legit or preclear), will I get the reward and temporary title or nothing?

      I need to make it clear for me and my team so I need to ask multiple times to make sure what will gonna happen