f
s

GodGuard ( DPS vanguard guide )

• GodGuard ( DPS vanguard guide )

Are u tired of being a cc bot,are u sad because u are not at the top of your raid dps chart,Worry not for I shall make your dreams come true.
      Prepare to rework all ur gear and stats because im gonna make a man out of you
      This is the ultimate DPS guide for vanguard

imgur.com/a/cLVGw (pictures of daos,skill allocation,stats,soul grid)

NEW ROTATION( U need to have the cultivation on vanguard blessing takes 5 cultivation points)(+15% increase damage):Crippling bolt>Vanguard blessing>Fearless>Indomitable will>Sundering steel
      or if u want to maximize it with Bleed + Smite:Crippling bolt>Vanguard blessing>Fearless>Indomitable will>Sundering steel>Smite
      How to deal damage in PVE ( rotations )
      In almost any fight u will want to start out with this rotation:Crippling Bolt>Fearless>Indomitable Will>Sundering Steel>Sweep ( this rotation will make ur bleed stacks start ticking from the start at maximum possible damage and to maintain high dps u will want to maintain the bleed stacks throughout the whole fight)
      As the fight goes on u will move onto your main rotation ( most damage rotation ):Crippling bolt>Fearless>Indomitable Will>Sundering Steel>Smite (u will need some practice to maximize the most possible dps out of this rotation)
      If u have the fearless at maximum level which is currently 18 ( 21 sec cooldown ) and u own the last cultivation it will DECREASE the cooldown of the skill each time u CRIT an enemy opponent,now what makes this morph so great is u will get to throw in an in between rotation which is similar to the first one I wrote it looks something like this:Fearless>Indomitable>Crippling Bolt>Sundering Steel>Holy Vortex if u time ur skills correctly once u have used this rotation ur smite should take a few more seconds before using it (your fearless will also get off cooldown since u have the last morph)

Main priority MAINTAIN BLEED STACKS,time ur smite correctly accordingly to the situation example:
      (when the boss is casting an animation and u know he won’t be moving)

(Video of the rotations)

Cultivations:
      Revelation Online calculator - Templar

Soul Grid:The reason why I chose this path instead of the crit path is because your damage will mostly come from physical damage + all the armor u can ignore from the opponent ( Physichal defense break ) + with the right cultivation and gear u won’t need the extra crit anyway
      Minimal Soulgrid level needed for activation of the level 2 stats
      Moon Crystal IV x2
      Sun Crystal VI x3
      Sky Crystal IV x2
      Time Crystal IV x1
      Death Crystal VI x2
      Birth Crystal IV x1
      Spectre Crystal VI x1
      Hard Chaos Crystal IV ( Middle Crystal )

The best optimal daos u will want if u can afford them.
      Sundering Steel (for pvp u would want to first prioritize maxing out the green dao and then move onto red dao) this is a great skill for finishing of targets with 50% hp or less
      Smite (I currently have 4x dao's into red and orange, optimaly u would want 5x red 5x orange , red for the damage increase while orange reduces special skill cost) if u are unable to get high daos into this skill prioritize special skill reduction u will get to ur rotation much faster and u will have much more dmg like this)
      Holy Vortex (For mass pvp u should use full blue which is for cooldown reduction,for pve u would want to prioritize full red and then move onto blue)
      Indomitable Will (Firstly prioritize cooldown reduce dao and then move onto damage,do not forget this skill removes all CC from u once u use it so it's better to keep it at low cooldown + it gives a good attack boost)
      Shield Storm (Prioritize damage reduction and move onto cooldown reduction will help alot in pvp especially when u want to use fearless + pull u will not insta die if u use shield storm)

Gear selection ( stat priority )
      U will want to firstly get your base crit to at least 40 or 45% and then fully convert to crit increment, reason being on why u do not want more crit is because u have your shield morph which boosts ur crit by additional 15% of what u already have and most of your burst skills will be used with fearless which gives additional 30% crit chance of ur base crit and that is more then enough,the crit increment will give u a huge damage boost.
      Try to roll all ur green stats (rings,necklace,off hand,wepon) into crit incriment % it will take some time but sooner or later u will get to it
      I suggest that u get x2 scour dungeon earrings, they are really cheap and their base stat is with crit,the other earings from demonslayer or demonslayer do not have this stat.
      Venerations (best possible stats) just gonna state the ones that give dps increase
      Main hand (x2 base crit + crit %)
      Off hand (x2 base crit increment + crit increment %)
      Rings (x2 base crit + crit %)
      Necklace (x2 crit increment + crit increment %)
      Boots (x2 strenght,not sure if it can roll x3 strenght role)
      Bracers(x2 strenght, not sure if it can roll x3 strenght role)

Examples of the dps charts ( Mecha 3*)
      ro.my.com/forum/attachment/199…d5282746b655acc447775fb6d

PVP:
      PVP GodGuard - Album on Imgur (daos,stats,skill allocation)
      Stats: prntscr.com/fhspqpi usualy run this stats but if I had 60 cultivation points I would change it to 200 strength 90 spirit 90 vigor 70 dexterity to maximize the talent of 60 cultivation points (HP++)
      Cultivations: from 41 points
      nogaruka.net/revelationonline/…00AA333030000000000A79A41
      Cultivations for 60 points:
      nogaruka.net/revelationonline/…00AA333030000000000A79A60
      Rotation for killing almost anyone in 1 shot:Leap>fearless>crippling bolt>sundering steel and if that didn’t kill the target u were aiming for u can even add a pull on the end this is recommended
      For mass pvp if u wanna get that beautifull 10 man pull here is what you wanna do,I usually let other vg’s first do their pull or sm’s do their darkmoon ( enemies use anti cc to escape from it ) then you jump in 3 seconds.
      Do not forget if u have ur shield storm up USE IT otherwise u will probably get 1 shot do I still recommend jumping in even though u don’t have your shield storm,Yes most definetly but try to communicate with your team example if an SM says he is gonna do Darkmoon that is the perfect opportunity for you to jump in pull and smite

Rotations of a pull:So u wanna get that sweet spot of maximimum possible people into your pull ( 10 people ) now depending on the situation if u wanna pull the enemy backline or frontline here are some rotations u can achieve this with:
      If u wanna get to enemy backline and be efficient ( damage wise ) first u will want to stack fury to at least 100+ and then u will take action.Now this is a situation where I assume u are stuck in combat and this rotation will maximize your range of getting to the enemy backline:
      Roll>roll>leap on an enemy who is in the middle of the enemy raid>blazing charge into enemy backline>Fearless>Indomitable Will>Holy Vortex>Smite ( do not forget if you have shield storm use it before you do this otherwise you are not gonna have that much fun,so this is the maximum possible range of getting to an enemy backline,)
      Quick and efficient pull without smite but with a lot of cc
      Shield storm(if u have it)>Leap>Fearless>Indomitable will>Holy Vortex>Conquerer sweep the lot u just pulled roll behind them and use blazing charge this will knock down every enemy for 3 seconds with dealing damage+you will push them towards your team where they will quickly wipe them.
      Pull with damage but without smite:
      Fearless>Indomitable will>Holy vortex>Conquerer sweep>Crippling bolt,this rotation is used for quickly bursting a lot of enemies if your smite is not available the reason u wanna do conquerer sweep into a crippling bolt is because targets need to be knocked down in order to get +38% dmg on your Crippling bolt cultivation.

Soon i will post of pvp videos
      Images
      • First boss mecha 3.jpg

19.35 kB, 289×168, viewed 171 times
      • Second boss mecha 3.jpg

19.87 kB, 299×168, viewed 139 times
      • Third boss mecha 3.jpg

23.8 kB, 290×168, viewed 123 times
      • Fourth boss mecha 3.jpg

24.23 kB, 291×168, viewed 124 times
      | Hinata ~ Vanguard |

Codex

Codex (59 Members)

Always improving ourselves both as a guild and as individuals to stay at the top. This always leads us to dominating any content we focus on, be it GvG, PvX, PvP or PvE even though we are fewer than the competition.

The post was edited 4 times, last by ReformedLifter ().

• Hey, thanks a lot for the guide! This is exactly the build that has been rolling in my head and I've been trying to achieve in game, tho only slightly different and pvp oriented cultivation wise, but the point is the same.

Also I never took fearless 3rd row (edit: I mean column) before because the translation in game sounds like it reduces the cd only when YOU are getting crit during it (lol thx mycom). But now this makes this culti as valuable as the dps stance itself... a must have basically xD

I've taken into account that for purely f2p players like me it's extremely difficult to reach everything in this build, so maybe you would also mind sharing any money making tips? Or if you don't know of any, then at least advice on what to prioritise focusing on in order? Like is it getting daos first, or gear rolls, or soul grid etc.

Thanks for your time.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lazun ().

• The only money u can make in this game is by:making alts (farming exp at lvl 69 turning them into excelsior pills),farming demonslayer points and turning those points into hematite-2 they sell quite decently and fast,funland alts for the tickets
      Next way is if u form a static and u farm world bosses ( hourly and daily including deathly atholl )that might be hard to farm depending on the server u are located at
      Farming deathly atholl middle mobs,each mob drops 100% 1x mettite which sell around 5-6k so u can get quite a decent ammount there if u farm as a 2 man,not to mention u can farm pirate silver( pirate ranks) and at higher ranks u are able to buy tier 3 gems which sell for 180-220k

For the prioritizing currently i would say go for gear,60+ gear is really cheap currently,for daos for example i would first focus on smite getting at least 3x orange daos it helps alot(then move onto 3x damage)
      Get at least also 3x cooldown and 3x damage into pull it does wonders in pve and pvp
      If u are interested into pvp i would first prioritize Sundering steel it does wonders in pvp, shouldn't be too expensive it's only a 1 star skill
      Indomitable will u should focus last it isn't really that important but once u are done with everything u can focus on that i guess
      As for shield storm i don't think it's really needed unless u wanna focus on pvp more

As for soulgrid this will be the most expensive thing to complete, i took the advantage of it when maps first came the crystals were really cheap now the price is quite high, might cost u up to 10-15 million so i guess focus on that last.

Or if u wanted u could focus on getting at least the tier 1 bonuses from the soulgrid just use the same as i have,but every crystal must be tier 3
      | Hinata ~ Vanguard |

Codex

Codex (59 Members)

Always improving ourselves both as a guild and as individuals to stay at the top. This always leads us to dominating any content we focus on, be it GvG, PvX, PvP or PvE even though we are fewer than the competition.

• ReformedLifter wrote:

The only money u can make in this game is by:making alts (farming exp at lvl 69 turning them into excelsior pills),farming demonslayer points and turning those points into hematite-2 they sell quite decently and fast,funland alts for the tickets
      Next way is if u form a static and u farm world bosses ( hourly and daily including deathly atholl )that might be hard to farm depending on the server u are located at
      Farming deathly atholl middle mobs,each mob drops 100% 1x mettite which sell around 5-6k so u can get quite a decent ammount there if u farm as a 2 man,not to mention u can farm pirate silver( pirate ranks) and at higher ranks u are able to buy tier 3 gems which sell for 180-220k

For the prioritizing currently i would say go for gear,60+ gear is really cheap currently,for daos for example i would first focus on smite getting at least 3x orange daos it helps alot(then move onto 3x damage)
      Get at least also 3x cooldown and 3x damage into pull it does wonders in pve and pvp
      If u are interested into pvp i would first prioritize Sundering steel it does wonders in pvp, shouldn't be too expensive it's only a 1 star skill
      Indomitable will u should focus last it isn't really that important but once u are done with everything u can focus on that i guess
      As for shield storm i don't think it's really needed unless u wanna focus on pvp more

As for soulgrid this will be the most expensive thing to complete, i took the advantage of it when maps first came the crystals were really cheap now the price is quite high, might cost u up to 10-15 million so i guess focus on that last.

Or if u wanted u could focus on getting at least the tier 1 bonuses from the soulgrid just use the same as i have,but every crystal must be tier 3
      If you want to help people 'farm coins' don't be audacious enough to advertise 'make alts' and teach people how to create bots that I am sure you are one of who complaints about it.
      前衛
    • Thanks so much for this guide. I love DPSing as a Vanguard. I especially love the hate PMs I get when I outdamage DPS classes while tanking at the same time. Again, I appreciate the Vanguard love.

I didn't take the third column of Fearless, because the in game translation doesn't make it sound very appealing. Same thing for some of the translations on Crippling Bolt. I'll trust that the site you linked has the correct translation and reskill myself accordingly. I've been getting pretty bored of the game, but the thought of trying some of the stuff in your guide has got me excited to log in again. I can't thank you enough!
    • Daiyu wrote:

Thanks so much for this guide. I love DPSing as a Vanguard. I especially love the hate PMs I get when I outdamage DPS classes while tanking at the same time. Again, I appreciate the Vanguard love.

I didn't take the third column of Fearless, because the in game translation doesn't make it sound very appealing. Same thing for some of the translations on Crippling Bolt. I'll trust that the site you linked has the correct translation and reskill myself accordingly. I've been getting pretty bored of the game, but the thought of trying some of the stuff in your guide has got me excited to log in again. I can't thank you enough!
      I am glad I am able to inspire people to keep playing the game it brings me great joy to hear this!
      As far as translations go yeah they do suck that is why u have to test everything!
      It will only get better in 70+ patch alot more phy dmg + still waiting for the bleed book to drop hopefully 1 day it does :c
      So yeah try to stick to the game even though the patching is REALLY slow , there is alot more to this game then what we have currently.
      | Hinata ~ Vanguard |

Codex

Codex (59 Members)

• Hi,

First, thanks for this guide, I've been waiting for something like that for quite awhile =)

From what I saw a good part of your damage in PvE comes from bleed and the ability to max it's damage at the beginning of the fight.
      Wouldn't it be viable to get the 15% atk boost on VG Blessing to further increase this side of the build ?

Furthermore, why did you upgrade dragongrip and leap ? Is it for specific cultivations? If yes which ones ?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tyuri ().

• Tyuri wrote:

Hi,

First, thanks for this guide, I've been waiting for something like that for quite awhile =)

From what I saw a good part of your damage in PvE comes from bleed and the ability to max it's damage at the beginning of the fight.
      Wouldn't it be viable to get the 15% atk boost on VG Blessing to further increase this side of the build ?

Furthermore, why did you upgrade dragongrip and leap ? Is it for specific cultivations? If yes which ones ?
      The 15% attack boost from vg blessing is something i do with my raid we usualy do it like this i call out i need a buff so here is what happens next the vanguard throws vanguard blessing (15% attack)Occultist buffs ( + attack ) BM uses whitering palm ( decreases defense ),Gunslinger uses Comet strike(damage received increases by +15%) but i did not want to put this into guide cause this type of thing u need to work out with ur teammates

It is true u can do it solo but i currently do not have cultivation points for it,im getting close to 40 points and then i will be able to afford it and yes the rotation would be crippling bolt>vanguard blessing>fearless>indomitable will>sundering steel

i upgraded dragongrip and leap to level 15 because that is the minimum requirment of skills to 100% cc the target,no specific cultivations
      | Hinata ~ Vanguard |

Codex

Codex (59 Members)

• u_12267019 wrote:

Where do I get the Expert Fearless Scroll I - Punishment?
      If im not mistaken i think u get it for free at level 69

if i am mistaken,then u can buy it at your class book seller which is located at sidus ur right beneath the army shop,the book costs 522annex benedictinions and around 900k
      | Hinata ~ Vanguard |

Codex

Codex (59 Members)

• ReformedLifter wrote:

u_12267019 wrote:

Where do I get the Expert Fearless Scroll I - Punishment?
      If im not mistaken i think u get it for free at level 69
      if i am mistaken,then u can buy it at your class book seller which is located at sidus ur right beneath the army shop,the book costs 522annex benedictinions and around 900k
      Ah thanks, I'm not level 69 yet, so it's probably from that path quest.
      I checked all the vendors, and they didn't have this book.
    • What stats do you prioritize on gear (offensive pieces)?

I was thinking:

crit inc >> crit > defense break >~ special skill > strength > damage/attack

Also, where do you prioritize hit? I read that we need approximately 10%
    • u_12267019 wrote:

What stats do you prioritize on gear (offensive pieces)?

I was thinking:

You must be kidding right?

ReformedLifter wrote:

Gear selection ( stat priority )
      U will want to firstly get your base crit to at least 40 or 45% and then fully convert to crit increment, reason being on why u do not want more crit is because u have your shield morph which boosts ur crit by additional 15% of what u already have and most of your burst skills will be used with fearless which gives additional 30% crit chance of ur base crit and that is more then enough,the crit increment will give u a huge damage boost.
      Try to roll all ur green stats (rings,necklace,off hand,wepon) into crit incriment % it will take some time but sooner or later u will get to it
      I suggest that u get x2 scour dungeon earrings, they are really cheap and their base stat is with crit,the other earings from demonslayer or demonslayer do not have this stat.
      Venerations (best possible stats) just gonna state the ones that give dps increase
      Main hand (x2 base crit + crit %)
      Off hand (x2 base crit increment + crit increment %)
      Rings (x2 base crit + crit %)
      Necklace (x2 crit increment + crit increment %)
      Boots (x2 strenght,not sure if it can roll x3 strenght role)
      Bracers(x2 strenght, not sure if it can roll x3 strenght role)
    • u_12267019 wrote:

What stats do you prioritize on gear (offensive pieces)?

I was thinking:

Also, where do you prioritize hit? I read that we need approximately 10%
      as i said on my guide above prioritize crit till u get to 40%, then all rest main focus on crit incriment with substats such as strenght/defense break,as far as special skill goes i would say invest 0 into it i think it's fairly useless dps wise since they do not scale with our bleeds

as far as 10% goes im not sure about that but i got 12% just from venerations on earrings and guild cultivation hit
      | Hinata ~ Vanguard |

Codex

Codex (59 Members)

• u_9870131 wrote:

can you upload a video of u running GB Expert or Mech Citadel expert with this build? would like to see how it is in action.
      GB expert would just be a faceroll i will try to pug last boss and record i guess but u would see skipping mechanics basicly cause just way too much dps :P, as for mecha i guess i could try to make a video next week.

Oohmygod wrote:

A very detail and straight to the point guide. My PVE DPS increased 30% after learning from this guide. :)

Hope you can come out with something for PVP too. ^^

working on it as we speak with some videos soon update
      | Hinata ~ Vanguard |

Codex

Codex (59 Members)