f
s

Quarantine In-game? Because of ping booster(s)?

• Dolnor wrote:

Anything that deforms/changes the packet size/routing will always be against most games' rules. So if WTFast does this, you lose.

TQQdles™
      99% of game hosts are fine with VPN boosters and I've been using wtfast for years and never been banned from any game.

Some people need them to help level the playing field. If you are from America then you'll have no issues with ping but if you are playing from Australia, SEA etc then having a program help route better to give you 50 extra ping then why not?

VPN's are not used for hacking in any way and have been around for so long.. My.com really needs to fix their in game quarantine system and get rid of this scummy way of doing things.

Their reputation is tarnished already and they still do things like this lol.
    • I had no idea WTFast existed until now xD. But anyways what I believe is that any suspicious activity running which interferes with the game would automatically be put into quarantine. Why? Because there are a lot of things out there that people can use to get an unfair advantage in the game. It'd just be too hard to detect all of them. So they probably use a system where players are flagged if they use a third party system that effects the game play. By possibly bypassing some activities that perhaps only effects the game because of this reason and restrict those that effect the game in other ways is hard to do. I understand that you had no bad intentions by using WTFast but because the game is in beta, they probably want to take precautions.

In addition if you look at this link: WTFast Supported Games Revelation Online isn't listed which may be the reason as well.
      I also understand that it states: (Note - we support virtually all online games, plus custom game configurations, this is NOT a complete list of all the games we support!!!) but key word there is virtually. Which means, nearly; almost.

However, I hope that you get you get your problems solved and what not. You seem like a dedicated member and unfortunately had to go through this. I may not have a say in this since I do not know how WTFast works thoroughly but i'm just going by things I know and a few thoughts in mind that I had. Wish you the best of luck my friend and dont give up!

The post was edited 1 time, last by 22PK ().

• Gorilla wrote:

Clarice wrote:

It is indeed against the ToS to use any kind of vpn/ping boosters, aswell as macros, they made this clear before early access :P and if you missed that..then read the ToS i guess lol xD

As far as i know you can do a quest instead of bailing urself out for 100 aurum. Its either, pay arum and be lazy/instantly get out, or do a quest, so. You can get out for free <.<

This is not a system my.com made, its a system netease made and its on the CN version aswell. Even tho my.com is wrong in many regards, this is not on them xD go cry to netease instead, they are the "scammers"
      First of all i think you mean Terms of Use, not Terms of Service.

Second, you cannot do a quest to get out for free right away. Like i stated above, you either wait 72 hours OR pay aurum (how much? = decided on your level bracket)

Third i have seen many many players using any kind of ping boosters in order to play on CN, even now on NA. Until now there were no problems.

Fourth
      Terms of use > Section 3.4 You are not permitted to:
      • attempt to circumvent any security measures adopted in the Game Services, including blocking access by IP-address;

Now correct me if i'm wrong. A ping booster such as WTFast does not block or change any ip-adresses.
      Mycom might have made a change in their security measures. Which sounds about right since they are trying to fight off the bots. Which led to this whole situation.

@Clarice Since you are so certain that mycom made it clear that we are not allowed to use programs such as WTFast. Why not show me your source.
      Might have changed something in their security system to fight off bots... if that\s the case it isn't working so much bots running around. Their all hunting trouble makers now.

"Chafon Villa"
      "Amanatea Hamlet"

So much bots still.
      It's not how you start but how you finish. :thumbup:
    • Dolnor wrote:

Anything that deforms/changes the packet size/routing will always be against most games' rules. So if WTFast does this, you lose.
      Have been using WTFast on CN since Aug, and the NA CBTs, EA, and today. Zero issues on NA. I cannot say this will be true for other VPNs.
      Laid Back, Not Too Serious, No Drama, All About The Fun
      If you are interested in joining us, please start here: JOIN OTG!
      Old Timers Guild

Old Timers Guild (182 Members)

Old Timers Guild is a PvX cross-game guild. If you're over the age of 25, looking for a No drama, fun guild. Look no further.

• Netease allows all kind of ping boosters.

They also advertise their own, called UU. If you're connected through it, you get a small experience boost while doing scour dungeons.

People use ping boosters in online games to enjoy the benefits of a better or even viable connection and in general if you are releasing games and want them to go succeed you first look to reduce the latency of your own servers/network, so you have happy people that don't need to spend money in wtfast (why not to give that money to the game) and secondary you support them, cause you want a worldwide coverage and a bigger playerbase.

If my.com bans people even for this apart from the data leaks, credit card charges and the list goes on with the incomplete zero fks beta swipefest game they released, well oh well.. The servers are losing population and I don't know anyone that would consider playing other release of this publisher again, maybe after years, people that don't know, or that forget and think positive until they face the same situation again :)
    • psak wrote:

If my.com bans people even for this apart from the data leaks, credit card charges and the list goes on with the incomplete zero fks beta swipefest game they released, well oh well.. The servers are losing population and I don't know anyone that would consider playing other release of this publisher again, maybe after years, people that don't know, or that forget and think positive until they face the same situation again
      this game will probably die before the end of its "open beta" (aka "we-can-fck-up-whatever-we-want-and-mute-will-have-a-convenient-excuse-for-it") status
      I hang dogs from trees, so I can raise the roof
    • New

Dolnor wrote:

Now it is officially stated:

My character is in Quarantine!
      So what is my.com's plan to address the "unfair advantage" they have given to majority (more then 75%) of the NA players by placing their servers ONLY at CA, giving most players the disadvantage of having to deal with server lags the are 200ms and more?

To be fair, then my.com needs to provide the servers at locations where they can provide sub 50ms connection for the NA playerbase.

As said before by another poster, NetEase provides their own UU ping booster, which even gives the player an exp boost when connected via UU. My.COM needs to address this connection lag issue first before they start punishing players for trying to improve their connection to a badly located server bank.
      Laid Back, Not Too Serious, No Drama, All About The Fun
      If you are interested in joining us, please start here: JOIN OTG!
      Old Timers Guild

Old Timers Guild (182 Members)

Old Timers Guild is a PvX cross-game guild. If you're over the age of 25, looking for a No drama, fun guild. Look no further.

• New

If it was really against policy and they cared that much, why not just keep the ban?
      Allowing people to pay to abuse just sounds like a money scam to me.
      Relevant

Relevant (87 Members)

Relevant is a Hardcore, English-speaking guild looking to compete and complete end-game PvEvP content. We are looking for like-minded, competitive, and knowledgeable players or groups who aim for server firsts and top leaderboards.

• New

so if it's right based on sumthing like this

Fourth
      Terms of use > Section 3.4 You are not permitted to:
      • attempt to circumvent any security measures adopted in the Game Services, including blocking access by IP-address;
      kinda expecting me to be in that thing too cause my isp uses a double nat to route and restrict incoming access to client ip addresses (which also tends to make my connection unreliable and/or laggy if someone can connect to me at all without me first establishing it)
      probably what their game service does but still the traffic gets shaped regardless both from my router and my isp

tho i could use a vpn i'm pretty sure i could cut 10-30ms off (avg 120-170ms) and possibly route past the double nat
      but seems that's definitely out of the question now
      if i don't get hit with it already just cause way my isp works
    • New

I also was quarantined for using malicious software. But I do not used any of them. I was banned for nothing. I write a ticket and no success - I am still on quarantine status. I play many others MMOs, but this is game is first where I was banned. Lol, just for nothing.
    • New

So wait let me get this right......we have to pay for a 3rd party ping booster to compensate for my.com lack of horrid server standards like the fact I live 2 hours away from servers and my ping is 80 when it should be 20 to 40 max and then I am banned for that.

Do you understand how bad this is for player base since East coast players get 150+ and that is horrible game standards for you to even think that your doing right by Netease and Revelation.

You are disgracing this game and disrespecting its player base with all the mess ups you have done from day 1 to now. my.com has failed to even meet a D rating on publisher status in anyone's eyes.

I dont see how using a ping booster to EQUAL out the advantage that some players have with less ping is a bannable offense. There is no advantage one player gets over another using a ping booster and its GAME INDUSTRY STANDARD to be able to use a ping booster in EVERY GAME but this one.

my.com please show us one game company that doesn't allow a ping booster other than yourself now. Dont blame ping boosters for your incompetence on running a game properly and policing its severs properly from real hack tools. You still dont even do that right considering bots all over the place

If anything I have a unfair advantage NOT using a ping booster atm since I live 2 hours away from servers.....WILL I BE BANNED NOW FOR NOT USING PING BOOSTER BUT I GOT A BETTER PING THAN EAST COAST PLAYERS WHICH IS UNFAIR TO THEM?
      Tez
      Focus GM
      focusmmo.com
      beam.pro/tezmmo
      twitch.tv/tezmmo
      Focus

Focus (246 Members)

Hardcore to Semi-Hardcore group of raiders and PvPers who are laid back and don't mind teaching and helping those new and experienced in gaming. Wallet Warriors are our specialty since we make a ton of money & don't mind spending it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tez ().

• New

Tez wrote:

So wait let me get this right......we have to pay for a 3rd party ping booster to compensate for my.com lack of horrid server standards like the fact I live 2 hours away from servers and my ping is 80 when it should be 20 to 40 max and then I am banned for that.

If you live 2 hours away from the server anything over 15-20ms is a joke LMAO (I get 9ms rock steady, near 100% of the time on ALL other game servers hosted in Sydney, Australia - from which I am 2 hours away from)

80ms is incomprehensible T_T

I am legitimately scared of investing any more money into the game at the rate they are slapping the playerbase (I dare not list even the major f*ckups from the last week alone) in the face with mistake after mistake and absolute horrible executive decisions. It's probably not MUTE's fault, but seriously you need to get your boss on the forums to see what is going on.

"The boss" is so far out of touch with the western playerbase that is an absolute clown fiesta. It's becoming a meme.
      Katsuri | Erase | Occultist

The post was edited 2 times, last by Todgins ().