f
s

Occultist (流光) Class Information

• Occultist (流光) Class Information

Disclaimer: This is based on Revelation CN. Changes may occur for NA. All information are personally translated by me unless stated otherwise. Information provided are not just any copy pasta from everywhere without verification. They have been verified personally to be as accurate as possible. In case you are wondering if I can understand Chinese, yes - I grew up learning the Chinese language. If there are any mistakes or you wish to contact me, you may contact me by messaging me on my Facebook Page, PM - @Einzo or look for me in my Guild's Discord at esf.link/eindsc

I have also made a Frequently Asked Questions thread at ro.my.com/forum/thread/143-fre…uestions-and-game-info-cn
      Source of info: einsofgaming.com/forums/index.php/topic,676.0.html

Occultist (流光) Class Information

Description:
      Stares at the world coldly. Through strengthening of the soul, bestows bravery, confidence and friendship on team mates and boost the team's morale.

Class Role:
      Primary - Hybrid (Heals and DPS)

Pro:
      •Hybrid Class
      •Able to DPS and Heal.

Con:
      •Needs to be precise when changing stance, or else you will create a lot of unwanted trouble

Main Weapon: Sickle
      Secondary Weapon: Horcrux

Class Overview:

Playing Difficulty: ★★★★☆

-More info to be added-

The post was edited 3 times, last by Einzo ().

• Oh, interesting. It being a Hybrid i assumed it would be more balanced with its single and group attacks with Support but apparently not since it's leaning more towards support. Interesting. I see i will have a fun time learning about Occultist when i get the chance to.
      "One single Flood spore can destroy a species. Were it not for the Arbiter's counsel, i would have glassed your entire planet!"
      - Rtas 'Vadum
    • Horcrux? Voldemort is that you :O? Joking aside, this is the first class I was drawn to when I first saw the game! But, it's a hard decision between this and Spiritshapers :C Also question about the Stances needing to be precise. Do you mean some stances draw Aggro or something?

I can't hide
      No, it's time to yell
      "Hey there world I'm saying hello!"
      "Hey there world I'm saying hello!"
      ("Hello, World" - Y. Chang)
    • LuxNox wrote:

Horcrux? Voldemort is that you :O? Joking aside, this is the first class I was drawn to when I first saw the game! But, it's a hard decision between this and Spiritshapers :C Also question about the Stances needing to be precise. Do you mean some stances draw Aggro or something?
      Probably something like how darkness is for attacking and light is for heal and support. So if you want to tank an attack with a support skill, you can't be in darkness mode since you will attack instead.
    • Modest wrote:

LuxNox wrote:

Horcrux? Voldemort is that you :O? Joking aside, this is the first class I was drawn to when I first saw the game! But, it's a hard decision between this and Spiritshapers :C Also question about the Stances needing to be precise. Do you mean some stances draw Aggro or something?
      Probably something like how darkness is for attacking and light is for heal and support. So if you want to tank an attack with a support skill, you can't be in darkness mode since you will attack instead.
      To add to this, all Occultist skills (excluding Unparalleled) have dual functions depending on your stance. A burst skill in dark stance can be a burst heal skill in light stance. As an Occultist, you have to be familiar with all skills in both stances to really play it well as a support class.

Also, in dark stance, you will only be able to use the Unparalleled skills from keys F1 to F3, and in light stance you will only be able to use F4 to F6. For those who have played Revelation CN, it is known that F1 to F3 uses different Unparalleled resources than F4 to F6 Unparalleled.

With that said, I can't play this class lol
    • Mion wrote:

Modest wrote:

LuxNox wrote:

To add to this, all Occultist skills (excluding Unparalleled) have dual functions depending on your stance. A burst skill in dark stance can be a burst heal skill in light stance. As an Occultist, you have to be familiar with all skills in both stances to really play it well as a support class.
      Also, in dark stance, you will only be able to use the Unparalleled skills from keys F1 to F3, and in light stance you will only be able to use F4 to F6. For those who have played Revelation CN, it is known that F1 to F3 uses different Unparalleled resources than F4 to F6 Unparalleled.

With that said, I can't play this class lol

To clarify this a little bit, as a spirtshaper (every class has this but we will just focus on spirt and occult) your F1-F3 ability gauge is fueled by you using attacking abilities, so as you do damage (auto attack does not count) your bar will fill up and you can use one of your attacking abilities in those slots. F4-F6 gauge is fueled by you using healing abilities. With occultist it is the same thing, if you are doing damage one bar fills up, if you are healing the other bar fills up. One of the abilties you will have in darkness will put an aoe dot on the ground, in light it will put an aoe hot on the ground, however since it is the same skill it shares the same cooldown so you won't be able to drop it for dot dmg then try to switch and do it again for a heal.
    • Mion wrote:

Iirc even in dark stance, the healing Unparalleled resource gets filled up as well. It's usually maxed out by the time I switch to heal stance. This might be a class-specific feature.

Not exactly, I just tested it and unless this is something that only happens at low levels and higher levels gives some kind of buff or passive that stops that...If you are in darkness you cannot build your light bar and vice versa, also if you are attacking in darkness and fill your bar then switch to light to give a heal or whatever, you lose that entire bar and vice versa. So, unlike with a spiritshaper where you can attack and heal at will and build up both bars, you will have to be very mindful of your stances as an occultist and which bar you are trying to build up.

Edit: Okay so I retested it now that im (back) into my 30's and playing with someone. So now it seems that if i build my meter and switch the meter I have carries over to the opposite stance. Which is pretty useful, also sidenote that F2 ability is soooo fun to look at but seems stupid unsafe unless you have someone to tank for you or the person you are fighting is an idiot and does not care to move out of the way.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Cynabunny: cuz i wanna ().

• Cynabunny wrote:

To clarify this a little bit, as a spirtshaper (every class has this but we will just focus on spirt and occult) your F1-F3 ability gauge is fueled by you using attacking abilities, so as you do damage (auto attack does not count) your bar will fill up and you can use one of your attacking abilities in those slots. F4-F6 gauge is fueled by you using healing abilities. With occultist it is the same thing, if you are doing damage one bar fills up, if you are healing the other bar fills up. One of the abilties you will have in darkness will put an aoe dot on the ground, in light it will put an aoe hot on the ground, however since it is the same skill it shares the same cooldown so you won't be able to drop it for dot dmg then try to switch and do it again for a heal.
      This sounds familiar to classes I've played in other games. You mentioned the skills sharing the same cooldown (I'm assuming F1-F4, F2-F5, etc.) - would you happen to remember what the CD timer is? Also, can the Occultist move while casting? Thanks, Cyna
    • Roxy wrote:

Cynabunny wrote:

This sounds familiar to classes I've played in other games. You mentioned the skills sharing the same cooldown (I'm assuming F1-F4, F2-F5, etc.) - would you happen to remember what the CD timer is? Also, can the Occultist move while casting? Thanks, Cyna
      No, their cooldowns don't share, but F1-F3 uses the same resource while F4-F6 uses the same resource, but different from F1-F3. Different skills have different CDs, and you can further spec them to have lower CDs depending on the skill.

Occultist seems to be the the relatively more immobile class, but not too immobile like other games till the point where you have to literally cast and stand still for every skill.
    • So the quote system on here is kinda weird to me but yes what Mi says is right, its not the F skills that share a cooldown, its the light/dark counterparts. So if I were to be in darkness stance and use my Soul domain, which is a damage over time aoe ability. If i were to switch to light, that same ability would still be on cooldown, however in light stance its a short aoe heal over time ability. So as an occultist you wont be popping soul domain then switching and trying to pop it again. Also something else I should make known (albeit might be useless info), we have another ability where we plant a totem on the ground, in darkness it give every within proximity of the ability a dmg boost, in light it gives...phys and mag defense. We also get an ability to explode said totem, now this is the interesting part (not really). If you summon the dark totem and you explode it, it does aoe dmg. If you summon the light totem and explode it, you do an aoe heal. Now, if you summon the darkness version, but switch to light and explode it, it will still do the darkness version even though you are using the light explosion skill.

Aside from that, the class is delicious. Oh and yes also as Mi said you aren't truly stationary I mean a lot of your skills can still be casted while moving. The only ones so far that make me stand in place are spirit beads which is a 5 hit single target skill, soul domain (the aoe) and reincarnation gate both have about a 1 sec cast time which you can't move but after that you're free to go. The last ability I know of that causes you to stay in place is death transit. Unlike the others where theres a short cast time or a small time of not being able to move. Death transit lasts 30secs, which means if you choose to let the ability run its course you will have to stand still for all 30 secs. You can dodge out of the ability to end it at any time but if you are with someone that can keep aggro away from you then its fun to watch. You basically levitate and spin in the air while these 4 wyrm like dragons come out of and go back into the ground over and over for the 30 sec duration. I tried to find a video to show what it looked like but i cant find a vid of anyone using it.

(quick sidenote just so i dont confuse you or anyone, when I say the light dark counterparts im referring to your normal 1 through + symbol skills)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Cynabunny: cuz ().

• Cynabunny wrote:

Kosiauke wrote:

Btw you can spec this 'spirit beads' skill to be castable while moving. But that will not unlock until higher level.
      That's good to know, do you remember when exactly? so far im about 42-43 and have as many points into it as i can place and it still makes me stand in place (fingers crossed you dont say 50+).
      At lvl 49 you unlock talent trees. This particular talent is for lvl 59.

Revelation Online calculator - Reaper

in 'dark' branch
      Just 'Kosi' if you can't pronounce my name <3

Facebook // Twitch
    • I love playing healers but am totally turned off by the Spiritshaper class. It's too cutesy for me . While I like the idea of the Spiritshaper and the summons I don't like it's aesthetics.

I've been trying to find as much info as I can about the Occulist's light side healing abilities.

I keep hearing "off healer". What is that exactly? Can an Occculist main heal a 5 man dungeon? Are they going to be a class that people would want to bring to a party? If one Spiritshaper can heal a 5m by themselves what's the point in bringing an Occculist. I assume their damage is lower than pure dps classes (will the support buffs make up for it in 5m?) and their healing isn't needed.

Please advise if you can.