f
s

Occultist (流光) Class Information

    • catnipaddict wrote:

      Depends on your ping as the skill places a shield on the target so if you do not detonate the shield at the right time, some of the damage gets wasted. Plus that skill is arguably one of the longest ccs in the game especially for a normal skill. Using it that way tends to be a waste. Some of the potential things you can do is to shut down a player for a good 5+seconds.( I forgot the exact duration).

      Using it on a player who has used up his cc breaks guarantees the guy is taken out of the fight for a significant amount of time and if it was a healer that was cced, you can imagine the impact of it in a 3v3 etc. Plus at the very least, it will bait a cc break.Something I used to do in 3v3 was swap a swordmage/gunner over to our side and focus him down. When he popped his invulnerability skill, use f1 on the healer to bait his cc break and then lock the healer down with that red-snake skill after his cc immunity runs out. Usually the healer's 3 sec cc immunity isn't enough to heal the swapped dps assuming you picked the "-healing received talent" for your mirror.
      Only more reason to reduce the Cooldown of the Snake-Skill. ;)
    • Sweet wrote:

      Indus wrote:

      Hi,
      I've read and agree on the 50 con / 50 spirit full agility build.... but I was wondering if INT should not be a great stats to put some points in (like a soft cap) since costs are growing up.

      So may be we can do: 50 con / 50 spirit / 50 int / full agi ?

      Let me know what you think about it
      Hey there!
      So you're right about there being a cap or breaking point for agility. At both 49 and at end game (79) there's a difference between going full agi and agi + int. So putting some points in int does seem better than going full agility as cost wise it doesn't give us the best possible dmg.

      The build I think is best for CBT is 150 agi, 60 int, and 50 con/spi. This utilizes point costs as well as takes into factor things like dmg multipliers and things of that nature.

      Going full agility but staying at 50 con/spi is only going to get you to ~163 agility. The multipliers at this point don't add up to being near the boost you'd get from 60 int

      Once I get home from grabbing some coffee I'll add in a comparison between the two. It'll just be a couple minutes.

      Edit: now that I'm home and fully caffeinated, here's an example equation comparing the base dmg between using agi+int vs pure agility. Note this is based off stats alone and not gearing/etc. The formula I'm using is ((agi * (0.5 + soul stance multiplier)) + int) * (1 + ((4 * agi) / 1000)) and soul stance multiplier of 82.5% (the multiplier of the skill at lvl 10 which is easily obtainable in cbt). The second part of the equation is adding in the multiplier from spirit power.

      So 150 agi + 60 int will be first:


      ((agi * (0.5 + soul stance multiplier)) + int) * (1 + ((4 * agi) / 1000))
      ((150 * (0.5 + 0.825)) + 60 ) * (1 + ((4 * 150) / 1000))
      ((150 * 1.325) + 60) * (1 + (600/1000))
      (198.75 + 60) * (1 + 0.6)
      258.75 * 1.6 = 414 mdmg



      Now with the 163 agi and 0 int

      (agi * (0.5 + soul stance multiplier)) * (1 + ((4 * agi) / 1000))
      (163 * (0.5 + 0.825)) * (1 + ((4 * 160) / 1000))
      (163 * 1.325) * (1 + (640/1000))
      215.975 * (1 + 0.64)
      215.975 * 1.64 = 354 mdmg

      So there's a clear difference on which one would be dishing out more damage. Even after gearing, the multiplier advantage of the full agi is too small to actually make a full agi build catch up to the damage potential of the build with agi + int
      What if you put in 190 agi - 2 spi - 2 con - 1 int - 1 pow ?
    • U guys forget that dex also adds crit chance is increase and with it dmg too.
      But since this extra dmg is rng ... good luck calculating it.

      But ya full dexterity only will make u a brainless glass canon that get oneshot...in godmode.
      I hate it... stop this trend of being dmg only...

      U are a healer and suporter aswell... so have some armor....
      A dead healer and supporter is worthless...

      This is not blade and soul.... where mindless dmg builds are the rule...
      Coz of ridioculse timelimts and impatince untactical buttonmasher
    • Heartless Angel wrote:

      U guys forget that dex also adds crit chance is increase and with it dmg too.
      But since this extra dmg is rng ... good luck calculating it.

      But ya full dexterity only will make u a brainless glass canon that get oneshot...in godmode.
      I hate it... stop this trend of being dmg only...

      U are a healer and suporter aswell... so have some armor....
      A dead healer and supporter is worthless...

      This is not blade and soul.... where mindless dmg builds are the rule...
      Coz of ridioculse timelimts and impatince untactical buttonmasher
      so how would you set up the occultist balancing the two?
    • Personally i like my current build which is Dexterity Spirit only, the only thing that increases my physique is from my gears. It might look like a glass canon but you cannot really be a tanky class in this game unless you're a healer or vanguard. *Personal opinion*

      Overall the class revolves on your talents and dao's as it directly give you advantages rather than slight improvement to your overall performance. Base on CN occultist non of them really have more than 45k HP which i'm assuming they kinda play all glass canon.

      You can find streams and videos from Youku or chinese twitch to actually see if the class will be for you in the end. In the end of the day it's not what the early gameplay or what people told you about the class matters, in the end of that line it's you who dictates how you will be playing the class.

      PS : People talks bad about Occultist but each time i watches streams of the endgame Occultist players they end up killing people in just 1 rotation or sometimes just Soul Beads. *The class is not for faint hearted people but for people who loves fast action combat and the occasional BM'ing from the people who doesn't understand the class.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Ciri ().

    • Ciri wrote:

      Personally i like my current build which is Dexterity Spirit only, the only thing that increases my physique is from my gears. It might look like a glass canon but you cannot really be a tanky class in this game unless you're a healer or vanguard. *Personal opinion*

      Overall the class revolves on your talents and dao's as it directly give you advantages rather than slight improvement to your overall performance. Base on CN occultist non of them really have more than 45k HP which i'm assuming they kinda play all glass canon.

      You can find streams and videos from Youku or chinese twitch to actually see if the class will be for you in the end. In the end of the day it's not what the early gameplay or what people told you about the class matters, in the end of that line it's you who dictates how you will be playing the class.

      PS : People talks bad about Occultist but each time i watches streams of the endgame Occultist players they end up killing people in just 1 rotation or sometimes just Soul Beads. *The class is not for faint hearted people but for people who loves fast action combat and the occasional BM'ing from the people who doesn't understand the class.
      so 1:1?
    • BluishFlame wrote:

      Sweet wrote:

      Indus wrote:

      Hi,
      I've read and agree on the 50 con / 50 spirit full agility build.... but I was wondering if INT should not be a great stats to put some points in (like a soft cap) since costs are growing up.

      So may be we can do: 50 con / 50 spirit / 50 int / full agi ?

      Let me know what you think about it
      Hey there!So you're right about there being a cap or breaking point for agility. At both 49 and at end game (79) there's a difference between going full agi and agi + int. So putting some points in int does seem better than going full agility as cost wise it doesn't give us the best possible dmg.

      The build I think is best for CBT is 150 agi, 60 int, and 50 con/spi. This utilizes point costs as well as takes into factor things like dmg multipliers and things of that nature.

      Going full agility but staying at 50 con/spi is only going to get you to ~163 agility. The multipliers at this point don't add up to being near the boost you'd get from 60 int

      Once I get home from grabbing some coffee I'll add in a comparison between the two. It'll just be a couple minutes.

      Edit: now that I'm home and fully caffeinated, here's an example equation comparing the base dmg between using agi+int vs pure agility. Note this is based off stats alone and not gearing/etc. The formula I'm using is ((agi * (0.5 + soul stance multiplier)) + int) * (1 + ((4 * agi) / 1000)) and soul stance multiplier of 82.5% (the multiplier of the skill at lvl 10 which is easily obtainable in cbt). The second part of the equation is adding in the multiplier from spirit power.

      So 150 agi + 60 int will be first:


      ((agi * (0.5 + soul stance multiplier)) + int) * (1 + ((4 * agi) / 1000))
      ((150 * (0.5 + 0.825)) + 60 ) * (1 + ((4 * 150) / 1000))
      ((150 * 1.325) + 60) * (1 + (600/1000))
      (198.75 + 60) * (1 + 0.6)
      258.75 * 1.6 = 414 mdmg



      Now with the 163 agi and 0 int

      (agi * (0.5 + soul stance multiplier)) * (1 + ((4 * agi) / 1000))
      (163 * (0.5 + 0.825)) * (1 + ((4 * 160) / 1000))
      (163 * 1.325) * (1 + (640/1000))
      215.975 * (1 + 0.64)
      215.975 * 1.64 = 354 mdmg

      So there's a clear difference on which one would be dishing out more damage. Even after gearing, the multiplier advantage of the full agi is too small to actually make a full agi build catch up to the damage potential of the build with agi + int
      What if you put in 190 agi - 2 spi - 2 con - 1 int - 1 pow ?
      Okay so you get a little more damage from 150agi60int vs 163agi. But you know what you do not gain? Healing power. Int only gives 1 magic damage. That's half of your classes power going to waste. You are half damage, and half healing/utility. Even IF you dont want to put all points into 163agi. There is no reason for you not to take those 60 int points and put them into a mix of agi/spirit/vigor to increase your defenses. You are not a glass cannon, you wont outburst an SM and you wont out-consistently dps a gunslinger if they have equal gear and skill as you. You will however bring healing and utility to the group, something that puts a target on your back for BMs and VGs to target you with CC and set you up for their DPS to take down. You NEED defensive stats. Intelligence is a waste, do not use anymore than 10-20, it's a mistake.
    • Masterfreakmo wrote:

      yo just go full agi to 150/160/170/180/... until u cant reach the next +10 and add all thos remaining points in int <- just for pve
      There is no point to add vigor nor spirit for pve, just learn the boss mechanics
      Putting all remaining points strictly into Int is stupid seeing as you only get +1 magic damage per point, and they are much better spent to add a small amount of vigor/spirit. For PVE I use 261 dex, 23 vigor, 18 spirit, and like 29 int (will confirm after maintenance) and this gives me about 30k hp in Dark stance. I wouldn't want to be running things like MC3* with any less HP/Def than that unless it's with a very good and geared guild/static raid.
      [ NA - Snowpine ]
      Ayahuasca 79 Occultist
      Blayz 75 Gunslinger
      Plox 74 Vanguard
      dèCàY 64 Assassin
    • vamp wrote:

      BluishFlame wrote:

      Sweet wrote:

      Indus wrote:

      Hi,
      I've read and agree on the 50 con / 50 spirit full agility build.... but I was wondering if INT should not be a great stats to put some points in (like a soft cap) since costs are growing up.

      So may be we can do: 50 con / 50 spirit / 50 int / full agi ?

      Let me know what you think about it
      Hey there!So you're right about there being a cap or breaking point for agility. At both 49 and at end game (79) there's a difference between going full agi and agi + int. So putting some points in int does seem better than going full agility as cost wise it doesn't give us the best possible dmg.
      The build I think is best for CBT is 150 agi, 60 int, and 50 con/spi. This utilizes point costs as well as takes into factor things like dmg multipliers and things of that nature.

      Going full agility but staying at 50 con/spi is only going to get you to ~163 agility. The multipliers at this point don't add up to being near the boost you'd get from 60 int

      Once I get home from grabbing some coffee I'll add in a comparison between the two. It'll just be a couple minutes.

      Edit: now that I'm home and fully caffeinated, here's an example equation comparing the base dmg between using agi+int vs pure agility. Note this is based off stats alone and not gearing/etc. The formula I'm using is ((agi * (0.5 + soul stance multiplier)) + int) * (1 + ((4 * agi) / 1000)) and soul stance multiplier of 82.5% (the multiplier of the skill at lvl 10 which is easily obtainable in cbt). The second part of the equation is adding in the multiplier from spirit power.

      So 150 agi + 60 int will be first:


      ((agi * (0.5 + soul stance multiplier)) + int) * (1 + ((4 * agi) / 1000))
      ((150 * (0.5 + 0.825)) + 60 ) * (1 + ((4 * 150) / 1000))
      ((150 * 1.325) + 60) * (1 + (600/1000))
      (198.75 + 60) * (1 + 0.6)
      258.75 * 1.6 = 414 mdmg



      Now with the 163 agi and 0 int

      (agi * (0.5 + soul stance multiplier)) * (1 + ((4 * agi) / 1000))
      (163 * (0.5 + 0.825)) * (1 + ((4 * 160) / 1000))
      (163 * 1.325) * (1 + (640/1000))
      215.975 * (1 + 0.64)
      215.975 * 1.64 = 354 mdmg

      So there's a clear difference on which one would be dishing out more damage. Even after gearing, the multiplier advantage of the full agi is too small to actually make a full agi build catch up to the damage potential of the build with agi + int
      What if you put in 190 agi - 2 spi - 2 con - 1 int - 1 pow ?
      Okay so you get a little more damage from 150agi60int vs 163agi. But you know what you do not gain? Healing power. Int only gives 1 magic damage. That's half of your classes power going to waste. You are half damage, and half healing/utility. Even IF you dont want to put all points into 163agi. There is no reason for you not to take those 60 int points and put them into a mix of agi/spirit/vigor to increase your defenses. You are not a glass cannon, you wont outburst an SM and you wont out-consistently dps a gunslinger if they have equal gear and skill as you. You will however bring healing and utility to the group, something that puts a target on your back for BMs and VGs to target you with CC and set you up for their DPS to take down. You NEED defensive stats. Intelligence is a waste, do not use anymore than 10-20, it's a mistake.
      ok thanks for the help