f
s

Occultist (流光) Class Information

    • Occultist healing is actually pretty good but a bit more difficult to use than spiritshaper. If you focus your stats on healing I'd say you could heal a 5man team. The main reason why it's called an off healer is because the class is meant for your to do some dps and heal and not focusing only on one side. Usually a party will want to have an off tank and off healer for safe runs. That means if the tank or healer are having trouble they have backup and if one of them dies the other can hold the role. This allows for a great dynamic to be able to have 3 DPS while everything is under control but bring it down to one and let the other 2 off tank and off heal so that the party can survive. If you go in easy dungeons then more solid dps will be preferred so the run can go faster but in more difficult ones you want classes able to do more than a single role.
    • Behmen wrote:

      Kosiauke wrote:

      @Behmen
      Occultist can heal low tier 5 mans. It's damage is not so great as pure dps classes, but he brings support skills to the party. In a pinch you can save a few lives too :)
      It is as I feared then :)
      They truly are support then. I'll still play it though.
      I've played it a bit. Pretty fun and i like classes that have a bit more 'darker' theme to them :)
      Just 'Kosi' if you can't pronounce my name <3

      Facebook // Twitch
    • Yoruki wrote:

      Occultist healing is actually pretty good but a bit more difficult to use than spiritshaper. If you focus your stats on healing I'd say you could heal a 5man team. The main reason why it's called an off healer is because the class is meant for your to do some dps and heal and not focusing only on one side. Usually a party will want to have an off tank and off healer for safe runs. That means if the tank or healer are having trouble they have backup and if one of them dies the other can hold the role. This allows for a great dynamic to be able to have 3 DPS while everything is under control but bring it down to one and let the other 2 off tank and off heal so that the party can survive. If you go in easy dungeons then more solid dps will be preferred so the run can go faster but in more difficult ones you want classes able to do more than a single role.
      Well, this is good news. From what I understand there will be dual spec in this game via the vip items. I can have a more dps oriented build and a healing oriented build.
    • Behmen wrote:

      I cam across this video from Sept. 2014. It's a level 42 Occulist basically healing a 5m. She doesn't seem to have all of her abilities yet. I'm not even sure she used her first special ability.



      Im not sure if she shows her gear in this video or not (i stopped watching after about 2mins in), but I noticed she isn't taking much damage even though the adds seemed more focused on her. Also when she healed at about 1:25 she did around 330 per tick. I do that much currently at 52 or 53 (I dont remember my level) with crappy gear, which kinda brings home what someone else said, be it in this topic or a different one. Occults can heal however in order for them to be decent healers they will need the gear to back it up. The extra spirit and all that from the crafted pieces of gear will help us a lot. Now how will it be in the 50+ stuff no idea, i kinda suck past the 2nd version of the dungeon in that video, anything past that i cant heal well due to lack of gear.
    • It's hard to be 'competitive' when your ping is 400+ no ping program and 150+ with a ping program. So far, for me, I like the action combat set up since it allows for me to use left mouse and right mouse button which I have set to my 'basic' attacks. Makes healing with my normal ability easy for me as well as the fact I only play with my friend atm so i don't have to switch between multiple people to heal. When the game comes here and if I get into the beta I will test it a bit more, although I might still stick with the action combat spec since we are still able to tab to lock onto a person no matter which spec you are in.
    • Frosthiel wrote:

      Those who have played occultist already, which targeting system you like to use? Can you be equally competitive with tab-targeting and with action combat?
      I have played it until late 40s but not tried PvP mainly due to the 300-500 ping making it quite pointless. With that being said it is hard to answer your question. However, for when i used ping booster and i had around 250ms I was able to play the class very smoothly and had almost no issues dropping those ground target skills asap on cooldown. The only issue that some people might have with the class is getting used to multitasking. The class is very wide when you want to get the max potential out of it in pve or pvp. IF you want to be able to play both dps and offhealer for example to aid your party whereveryo u want then you need great ping and rotations and unfortunately this is nearly impossible on CN server atm.

      As for the targeting system I liked the 3rd option the most, I am not sure what it is called on CN server but it lets u walk without needing to click or target any mobs. You simply auto target the mob in front of you and use tab to switch in between them which works perfectly fine from my experience.

      Hope this answers your question =).
    • So will you have to make a choice with Gear?

      DPS focused with sub optimal heals or Heal focused with sub-optimal DPS?

      Or is their some way to be good in both without being sub-par in both. I'm interested in the class but if i have to "Pick a route" and have some "Meh" skills, I'm not sure i'd enjoy it.
    • Chazling wrote:

      So will you have to make a choice with Gear?

      DPS focused with sub optimal heals or Heal focused with sub-optimal DPS?

      Or is their some way to be good in both without being sub-par in both. I'm interested in the class but if i have to "Pick a route" and have some "Meh" skills, I'm not sure i'd enjoy it.
      Not at all. You can be actually very good at both. You just won't excel at both.
    • Cynabunny wrote:

      It's hard to be 'competitive' when your ping is 400+ no ping program and 150+ with a ping program. So far, for me, I like the action combat set up since it allows for me to use left mouse and right mouse button which I have set to my 'basic' attacks. Makes healing with my normal ability easy for me as well as the fact I only play with my friend atm so i don't have to switch between multiple people to heal. When the game comes here and if I get into the beta I will test it a bit more, although I might still stick with the action combat spec since we are still able to tab to lock onto a person no matter which spec you are in.
      That underline/bold part is very interesting and welcome mechanic. I am generally bored with tab-targeting mechanic and i want to avoid it if possible. I really am loved with action based combat and i would like to use it over tab-targeting. My only concern was, that can you be competitive with action combat, because it might be harder to heal with that style. But if there is still change to tab target with action combat mode, i dont see any problems here anymore. I can play as i want with action comnat mode and if things are getting too messy in larger scale battles for example, you still can get your target with tab. Nice, really nice.
      I will give you chills
    • Mugiwara wrote:

      Frosthiel wrote:

      Those who have played occultist already, which targeting system you like to use? Can you be equally competitive with tab-targeting and with action combat?
      I have played it until late 40s but not tried PvP mainly due to the 300-500 ping making it quite pointless. With that being said it is hard to answer your question. However, for when i used ping booster and i had around 250ms I was able to play the class very smoothly and had almost no issues dropping those ground target skills asap on cooldown. The only issue that some people might have with the class is getting used to multitasking. The class is very wide when you want to get the max potential out of it in pve or pvp. IF you want to be able to play both dps and offhealer for example to aid your party whereveryo u want then you need great ping and rotations and unfortunately this is nearly impossible on CN server atm.
      As for the targeting system I liked the 3rd option the most, I am not sure what it is called on CN server but it lets u walk without needing to click or target any mobs. You simply auto target the mob in front of you and use tab to switch in between them which works perfectly fine from my experience.

      Hope this answers your question =).
      Well that is quite a ping. :) That sounds of action combat and even with assist target. Can someone comfirm that? Well if that action mode has also assist targeting, i think that healing wont be a problem at all. Cant wait to get change to test this out.
      I will give you chills