f
s

[Occultist Light Skills Guide]

• [Occultist Light Skills Guide]

[Occultist Light Skills Guide]
      *Recommended books and skills for healing*
      First of all, I am sorry for my English~ If you have any questions or clarifications just comment~ <3

1. Hellfire Claw
      Importance: ★★★★★

Intermediate level (59)
      Casting this after you casted demon's rancor(w/ intermediate level - light) will increase the heal of Hellfire Claw by 5% for every stack of Shower of Light that you get from casting Demon's Rancor(w/ Intermediate Light-59), up to 25% more healing(max of 5 stacks).

Advanced level (69)
      Light: Each critical heal of this skill will reduce the cooldown of Demon's rancor by 1.5 seconds, means you can spam Demon's Rancor!

2. Creeping Pain
      Importance: ★★★

The heal it gives is really low because the heal don't scale to your character attributes, the heal is fixed. It is only strong if you hit the enemy many times in a short period of time. Wasting 9 points of cultivation points for it to be noticed isn't worth.
      The explosion heal is noticeable but the explosion is delayed for 3 seconds after it explodes which is not really good in many circumstances. At level 69, the explosion delay is reduced by 2s. 3s and 1s delay no difference and can get you killed before it explode~

Tip: Cast to tank always so when the Creeping Pain explodes the boss will get Soul Light state and everyone who attack the boss with Soul Light will get healed.

3. Demon's Rancor
      Importance: ★★★★★

Most important skill of Occultist both light and dark. Light Demon's Rancor can only be cast to others but you.

Intermediate level (59)
      Casting Demon's Rancor gives you a Shower of Light buff that increases the heal of Demon's Rancor by 3% per stack(max of 5 stacks of Shower of Light).

Advanced level (69)
      The shield you give is doubled. Crit healing with Hellfire Claw will reduce this skill's cooldown which mean you can give unlimited shield.
      Casting this skills more than 20m away from your target will increase its crit heal effect by 60%!

Intermediate level – dark 2 (59)
      Your are able to cast the skill while moving for both light and dark. (must have since occultists lack ofself survival)

4. Grasping Spirits
      Importance ★★★★★

AoE heal and buff skill. You put this below the main tank or members.

Intermediate level (59)
      Gives a buff that increases heal effect of people affected by 10% of any healing skill. For best effect you add Occultist gift's buff that increases heal effect by 20%. (10% + 20% = 30% more heal)
      ~600-1000 heal(non-crit), 2000-3000 heal(crit) per second

Advanced level (69)
      Increase the duration of the skill by 3 seconds. (5s + 3s = 8s)
      The skill also be reduced the cooldown of the skill from 10s to 8.6 seconds. Unlimited AoE heal up time means more time to heal other teammate.

5. Necrotic Orb
      Importance ★★★★

10 seconds heal regen and highest burst heal of occultist.

Tip: Use only to yourself or members near you or to yourmain tank. Heal regen is more important than explosion, and the heal regen can match spiritshaper's Essence of Spring.

Advanced level (69)
      Members below 20% hp will have 60% more heal from explosion! (If you have high enough heal stat you can heal the main tank back to full health) But since occurance of this is very rare, and the skill's heal is already high enough. Not worth wasting time for the orb to explode!

Advanced level (69) - Dark 2
      Reduces cast time by 0.5s. Total cast time is 1.0s minus0.5s = 0.5s cast time!

6. Occultist's Gift
      Importance ★★★★

Increases defense and heal effectiveness buff.

Elementary level (49)
      Increase defense buff by additional 20%.

Intermediate level (59)
      Increases heal effect by 20%, is a very strong buff! Very important buff.

7. Adapt
      Importance ★★★★★★★★★

Occultist most important skill both heal and dps

Elementary level (49)
      Increase heal stat by 20%

Intermediate level (59)
      Increase base crit increment by 15%.

Advanced level (69)
      Not necessary for PvE but useful in PvP. When below 20% damagereceived is reduced by 50% means you can cast Necrotic Orb to yourself for huge burst heal.

8. Shattered Abyss
      Importance ★★★★★

Occultist only cleanse skill! But also the fastest burst heal~

Reminder: It is important to know which gift you summoned is it light gift or dark gift, shattered abyss' effect is light if you have light gift summoned and dark if you have dark gift summoned.

Intermediate level (59) - Aptitude
      Very important since it is the only debuff skill of occultist. Can reduce the cooldown from 15s to 12s.

Elementary level (49)
      Increases explosion heal effect by 15%!

Intermediate level (59) Light 1
      Base heal times the number of dispelled debuffs = hp and mana to all cleanse teammates.

Advanced level (69) - Light 1
      Explosion increases crit by 5%, too low and only last 5 seconds, not recommended!

Advanced level (69) - Light 2
      Using shattered abyss wont make the gift disappear! (Important)

9. Gate of Atrophy
      Importance ★

Gives 50% movement speed buff, usefil in some cases but not recommended to level it~

10. Spirit's Return
      Importance ★★★★★

CC break + teleport + shield!

Elementary level (49)
      Increase the shield by 30%

Intermediate level (59)
      Increases your crit rate and crit increment by 20%, good for burst healing yourself

Tip: after teleporting use shattered abyss and necrotic orb for huge burst heal to yourself~

Advanced level (69)
      Very important. Reduces casting time of all skills by 80% and increase your cc immunity by 50.

11. Demon Shackle
      Importance ★

Warning: Avoid using this in all expert mode because it can get people killed, avoid getting scolded.

The shield it gives is high but restricts people from moving.

12. Void Cycle
      Importance ★★★

Occultist's second cc break, swap skill!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Very Cute Bunny ().

• A few things with this guide that you might want to fix or look at:
      - You might want to specify if this is PvE or PvP, or both. Healing in PvP is very different from PvE.
      - You don't mention or discuss ANY special skills and what upgrades are good if you plan on trying to play a full "healer" occultist.
      - I'd suggest going into more detail for some skills, as some of these skills have extremely useful additional features besides just healing. Especially for skills such as Gate of Atrophy (where the light version of it provides complete CC immunity for the duration of the buff), void cycle (the heal bonuses + the fact that it hurts you if you cast it) and Adapt. This seems like less of a guide and more of a post where you provide pictures of skill descriptions with a line of mostly vague suggestions.
    • Tsin wrote:

This seems like less of a guide and more of a post where you provide pictures of skill descriptions with a line of mostly vague suggestions.
      I think you have miss used your words. this is indeed a guide for healers where it makes focus of very important information on Skills and Perks that some might not have realized. yes some of the descriptions were a bit bland but to speak like that is rude.
    • Thanks for the information! I learned some new things today. :)

Gate of Antrophy actually does heal the ones that pass through it. You can use it on others if you position yourself just right so that the gate lands on them (so they don't need to run through it). In other cases I use the skill and then I dodge through the gate myself for a quick heal over time. The increased movement speed can be useful to position yourself or to avoid attacks.

Also in terms of skill importance, what is the maximum ★? I thought ★★★★★ was the max importance until I saw the adapt skill ★★★★★★★★★ ?(

-EU Eventide-
    • Very Cute Bunny wrote:

8. Shattered Abyss
      Importance ★★★★★

Occultist only debuff skill! But also the fastest burst heal~
      What debuff this skill have ?

Your guide is a good explanation from occultist healing skill.
      But i think you should give explation about attributes and what stat we should get at equipment to become an occultist heal.

I also have one question, am making a full-heal-dedicated occultist worth ?
      most people don't want an occultist as heal, they'll always search for spirit shaper. In more than 5-man dungeon, no one want to see occultist as heal, They'll definitely search for more than one spirit shaper.

And I have a problem cause I party with random tank.
      We have no burst heal skill that can heal a tank to the max, and so when I end up with being a heal in 5-man dungeon. Some Tank always complain if they didn't get heal when it's actually we need some time and skill preparation to heal this tank to max hp.
      I will boxed him to make it easier to heal him but usually he'll get much damage when get out of box cause he always forget to enter tank stance again.
    • Shattered abyss can remove debuffs from allies in light state.

Making a full heal occultist can be worth it but you will have to prove yourself each time because they expect occultist to be dps and secondary heal.
      I am more of a hybrid but so far I have been the main healer in Misty hollows normal, Deserted shrine expert 2 star, grand bulwark hard/slaughter so it is possible but with a spiritshaper in the team people mostly feel safer.

When I am in a 5 man dungeon as a healer, I target the tank and use all of my healing skills on him. Then I use bonds of light to heal the whole team + give them damage reduction. Sometimes it's not your fault if the tank dies, some times the tank is truly bad or undergeared.

-EU Eventide-
    • Rana wrote:

Thanks for the information! I learned some new things today. :)

Gate of Antrophy actually does heal the ones that pass through it. You can use it on others if you position yourself just right so that the gate lands on them (so they don't need to run through it). In other cases I use the skill and then I dodge through the gate myself for a quick heal over time. The increased movement speed can be useful to position yourself or to avoid attacks.

Also in terms of skill importance, what is the maximum ★? I thought ★★★★★ was the max importance until I saw the adapt skill ★★★★★★★★★ ?(
      Hi, the max is 5 stars but I made it times 2 so people wont disregard the adapt skill because it gives occultist a really huge boost both in damage and heal~

u_12015789 wrote:

Very Cute Bunny wrote:

8. Shattered Abyss
      Importance ★★★★★

What debuff this skill have ?
      Your guide is a good explanation from occultist healing skill.
      But i think you should give explation about attributes and what stat we should get at equipment to become an occultist heal.

most people don't want an occultist as heal, they'll always search for spirit shaper. In more than 5-man dungeon, no one want to see occultist as heal, They'll definitely search for more than one spirit shaper.

We have no burst heal skill that can heal a tank to the max, and so when I end up with being a heal in 5-man dungeon. Some Tank always complain if they didn't get heal when it's actually we need some time and skill preparation to heal this tank to max hp.
      I will boxed him to make it easier to heal him but usually he'll get much damage when get out of box cause he always forget to enter tank stance again.
      Hi, I'm sorry about my English! edited now~ it should be, "the only skill that cleanse all debuffs that can be cleansed on yourself and allies in range with explosion"

About the recommended attributes and gear stats, I'm also planning to write a guide for it.
      Hint: The stats that you need don't differ much in dark stance, it is the same way actually~ The only difference is how to cultivate your skills for healing and this is why i wrote this guide~

Full healer occultist is not publicly accepted yet~ but if you love healing and you love the class it is really worth it~

For me, tanks are the most easy to heal because they have this passive skill that increases healing they received by noticeable amount, (like 10% or higher?). Sometimes i find myself healing too much and only took not more than 3 seconds to heal whole party back to full hp~
      ~with the Occultist Gift properly placed and the Grasping Spirits i can heal the tank 8k per second from Bonds of Light + the heal from Grasping Spirits 3k per second( 8k+3k = 11k per second heal) and 5k-6k heal per second to other members~

My heal rotation now is Occultist Gift(heal buff) ~> Grasping Spirits(heal per second and heal buff) ~>Demon rancor(heal and shield) ~> Hellfire Claw(heal and special skill energy) and when one or more people received damage i will use bonds of light~
    • Very Cute Bunny wrote:

Rana wrote:

Thanks for the information! I learned some new things today. :)

Hi, the max is 5 stars but I made it times 2 so people wont disregard the adapt skill because it gives occultist a really huge boost both in damage and heal~

u_12015789 wrote:

Very Cute Bunny wrote:

8. Shattered Abyss
      Importance ★★★★★

What debuff this skill have ?Your guide is a good explanation from occultist healing skill.

Hi, I'm sorry about my English! edited now~ it should be, "the only skill that cleanse all debuffs that can be cleansed on yourself and allies in range with explosion"
      About the recommended attributes and gear stats, I'm also planning to write a guide for it.
      Hint: The stats that you need don't differ much in dark stance, it is the same way actually~ The only difference is how to cultivate your skills for healing and this is why i wrote this guide~

Full healer occultist is not publicly accepted yet~ but if you love healing and you love the class it is really worth it~

For me, tanks are the most easy to heal because they have this passive skill that increases healing they received by noticeable amount, (like 10% or higher?). Sometimes i find myself healing too much and only took not more than 3 seconds to heal whole party back to full hp~
      ~with the Occultist Gift properly placed and the Grasping Spirits i can heal the tank 8k per second from Bonds of Light + the heal from Grasping Spirits 3k per second( 8k+3k = 11k per second heal) and 5k-6k heal per second to other members~

My heal rotation now is Occultist Gift(heal buff) ~> Grasping Spirits(heal per second and heal buff) ~>Demon rancor(heal and shield) ~> Hellfire Claw(heal and special skill energy) and when one or more people received damage i will use bonds of light~

Actually, I really love to heal but I like occultist more than spirit shaper (already tried both to lv 50 and now I main occultists).
      But the far as I go, I can only heal at 5-man dungeon.
      I found Bond's of light, Arcon of Light, occultist gift and arcone of light didn't affect player outside your party in pve but in pvp it does.
      in 10-man dungeon, my job is just dps as I can't buff people outside my party and spirit shaper take the heal role.

I'm now lv 57 and you know, annex benexdixtion (sorry if i type it wrong) is hard to get, only 2 item per day from the monk quest.
      I need to consider to buy the light one or the dark.
      my current heal so far is enough for any 5-man dungeon I enter, I hesitate to make a dedicated occultist heal (I want to make it but not confidence enough to heal at 10-man dungeon as I can't use my favorite bonds of light).

Are you ever become heal at 10-man dungeon ? Let me know if occultist have a good place in harder dungeon as heal.
    • u_12015789 wrote:

Actually, I really love to heal but I like occultist more than spirit shaper (already tried both to lv 50 and now I main occultists).
      But the far as I go, I can only heal at 5-man dungeon.
      I found Bond's of light, Arcon of Light, occultist gift and arcone of light didn't affect player outside your party in pve but in pvp it does.
      in 10-man dungeon, my job is just dps as I can't buff people outside my party and spirit shaper take the heal role.

I'm now lv 57 and you know, annex benexdixtion (sorry if i type it wrong) is hard to get, only 2 item per day from the monk quest.
      I need to consider to buy the light one or the dark.
      my current heal so far is enough for any 5-man dungeon I enter, I hesitate to make a dedicated occultist heal (I want to make it but not confidence enough to heal at 10-man dungeon as I can't use my favorite bonds of light).

Are you ever become heal at 10-man dungeon ? Let me know if occultist have a good place in harder dungeon as heal.
      SS aoe heal cant affect other party as well~ but people choose it because it is more safer

I cant say about occultist healer for higher dungeon, in order for it to work you need a better team~ like friends or guild or party that trust you~
      since occultist is very fragile lack of self survival
    • Very Cute Bunny wrote:

u_12015789 wrote:

Why he level Demon Shackle to 14, is it usefull ?
      The explosion can deal 20k-30k to all enemies within 5 meters from explosion and with cultivation you can snare all enemies hit from explosion and slow them~ if the boss have a weapon the explosion will deal times two~or shield your friend in pvp if the shield explode it will heal her~
      I now confuse about my skill build.
      as this is a heal guide, is demon shackle and void cycle better then Shattered Abyss?
      I now have my skill from left to right 1, 15, 15, 15, 15, 14, 15, 1, 1, 15, 15, 15,
      I want to consider put point out from demon shackle and void cycle and give it to hellfire claw and shattered abyss. but is it worth it ? should I put point out from necrotic orb instead ? creeping pain has great debuff so i don't want to put point out of it.
      I mostly a heal at 5-man dungeon but dps at 10-man dungeon.
    • Hey Bunny,
      Thanks for your breakdown of skills focused on a light perspective, I like it and find it really useful for occultists that want to discover more about the light side, it complements my guide well in that regard !
      I also encourage you to pursue with other aspects, mainly Special Skills since healing as an occultist is done mostly through Angel and Bond of Light.

u_12015789 wrote:

Occultist can main heal, but it would require a really high level of gear stats specialised towards healing, such as special skill power, crit/crit increment, spirit and additionnal healing, you need those stats even more than for dpsing.
      Also, upgrading every orbs of your special skills is really important, especially for Bond of Light.

The main issue is higher level raids with occultists, besides not having burst heal like spiritshapers does, is that some bosses require a dispell on multiple members of your party, so you would have to adapt as a group to stand on one spot for you to dispell them all at once with a totem, which isn't always the easiest way while spiritshaper has a 5 seconds 30m AoE Dispell.

The only place where I'd say that occultist can heal as well as spiritshapers is during events which also our special skills to hit everyone, such as in battlegrounds or guild vs guild. Occultist also shines in arena due to being able to heal while CC immune in angel form, and being able to quickly switch to dps to bring down a target.
      Occultist | Level 69 | Moonsea
      Member of Codex | Official Guild Page
      Got a question about Revelation? Leave me a message!

Codex

Codex (58 Members)

Always improving ourselves both as a guild and as individuals to stay at the top. This always leads us to dominating any content we focus on, be it GvG, PvX, PvP or PvE even though we are fewer than the competition.

• Rastia. wrote:

I now confuse about my skill build.
      as this is a heal guide, is demon shackle and void cycle better then Shattered Abyss?
      I now have my skill from left to right 1, 15, 15, 15, 15, 14, 15, 1, 1, 15, 15, 15,
      I want to consider put point out from demon shackle and void cycle and give it to hellfire claw and shattered abyss. but is it worth it ? should I put point out from necrotic orb instead ? creeping pain has great debuff so i don't want to put point out of it.
      I mostly a heal at 5-man dungeon but dps at 10-man dungeon.
      Demon shackle really help me a lot most of the time when there is approaching damage to me and i can not react fast i will use demon shackle on myself to absorb the damage~ sometimes in pvp i use it so enemy will have to wait for 6 seconds or waste their skills to break the shield, i use it sometimes to wait for some of my skills to cooldown so i can use them again or escape~
      Void cycle is also useful in some situations because at level 59 you can cultivate the skill so the damage you and the ally receive will be reduce by 30% for 3 seconds~ and also at level 49 cultivation you and the ally will gain 50% movement speed for 3 seconds~ the skill is really useful when supporting~

Leveling them also will reduce the cooldown that is why it is so important~

Shattered abyss's heal do not reflect character's atribute and the max heal it can add is only 2250 or something~ the multiplier at level 59 and the cooldown is the only one useful~ the max level i can recommend is level 13 so will get the cultivation at level 69 for the gift to not disappear~

The post was edited 2 times, last by Very Cute Bunny ().

• Todgins wrote:

Which dao's would you get on bonds of light?

I've currently got +3 in the bonus healing, it has a low cost and low CD but was thinking maybe the reduced cost would be handy. (I use this spell ALOT while healing xD)
      Currently I am using the one for bonus healing as well.
      The bonus defense is very nice too because in total you will get 25% dmg reduction I think (10% from skill, 15% from dao)

You could go for a lower cost but What I do is use points in arcane arts that give extra special skill points on certain skills to build the meter up faster.
      Then after using bonds of light I use it's cooldown period to quickly build up my special skills meter with my regular skills.

I think bonus healing and defense boost is a good combo since the skill has already low cost and cooldown.

-EU Eventide-
    • Rana wrote:

Todgins wrote:

I've currently got +3 in the bonus healing, it has a low cost and low CD but was thinking maybe the reduced cost would be handy. (I use this spell ALOT while healing xD)
      Currently I am using the one for bonus healing as well.The bonus defense is very nice too because in total you will get 25% dmg reduction I think (10% from skill, 15% from dao)

You could go for a lower cost but What I do is use points in arcane arts that give extra special skill points on certain skills to build the meter up faster.
      Then after using bonds of light I use it's cooldown period to quickly build up my special skills meter with my regular skills.

I think bonus healing and defense boost is a good combo since the skill has already low cost and cooldown.
      Agree with Rana. I use dao to increase healing and increase defense, it's quite usefull, and this skill has cooldown so I use normal skill while cooldown and already get enough special skill point to use this skill again. My bonds of light is currently 9/10.
    • Todgins wrote:

for pve, i will use bonus healing and cost reduce~ cost reduce because at level 9 or 10 of bond of light the cost is 18-19 and with max yellow dao it can decrease the special skill cost to 14~ you can save more special skill energy for other buffs and for your angel~

blue dao is also good it can reduce cooldown from 10 seconds to 7 seconds which mean you can use again the bonds of light after 2 seconds~!
      i prefer the yellow dao because you can use buffs more often~

green dao is also goodbut only for pvp because most people in pvp have 70-80% defense and using bonds of light will increase the defense to 90%(max defense is 90%) it is useful because in pvp people have defense penetration.
      also important note that green dao only increases defense stat and not increase damage reduction stat~

bonds of light have 10% up to 40% damage reduction receive when using, you can reduce the damage by more than 100% so when sidekicking you will notice that you have buff that increase ur damage up to 120% and increase damage reduction by 65%, using bonds of light and hitting 4 people you will gain aditional 40% damage reduction, 65% +40% = 105% damage reduction~ you no longer receive damage if the enemy dont have damage buff~
    • Very Cute Bunny wrote:

Todgins wrote:

for pve, i will use bonus healing and cost reduce~ cost reduce because at level 9 or 10 of bond of light the cost is 18-19 and with max yellow dao it can decrease the special skill cost to 14~ you can save more special skill energy for other buffs and for your angel~
      blue dao is also good it can reduce cooldown from 10 seconds to 7 seconds which mean you can use again the bonds of light after 2 seconds~!
      i prefer the yellow dao because you can use buffs more often~

green dao is also goodbut only for pvp because most people in pvp have 70-80% defense and using bonds of light will increase the defense to 90%(max defense is 90%) it is useful because in pvp people have defense penetration.
      also important note that green dao only increases defense stat and not increase damage reduction stat~

bonds of light have 10% up to 40% damage reduction receive when using, you can reduce the damage by more than 100% so when sidekicking you will notice that you have buff that increase ur damage up to 120% and increase damage reduction by 65%, using bonds of light and hitting 4 people you will gain aditional 40% damage reduction, 65% +40% = 105% damage reduction~ you no longer receive damage if the enemy dont have damage buff~
      you have miss read Bonds of Light

it goes like this

linked - you get +10% more M/P Defence for everyone party member connected. not the others linked

from what I've seen there is no translated wrong to the point it says otherwise

I have 4 green Dao which gives 11% more Defence to linked teammates

I was in a party with my Vanguard friend and I showed him my Bonds of Light. with shield he had round 15.4k Physical Defence. I only boosted him to just over 17k Defence. which is only 11% extra.

I myself thought that I was giving 21% Defence to everyone which is why I spec'd it but I'm just now realizing what the skill description actually says.

"For every teammate you connect with. Your Physical and Magic Damage is Reduced 10% (Can't exceed 40%)"

this means that your not giving other teammates any increase in Defence. only yourself. unless you spec green

this is mine btw.

The post was edited 2 times, last by MookTheQuaggan ().