f
s

Guide to fix FPS and Latency issues

• Guide to fix FPS and Latency issues

Hi all.

I came up with a fix for the FPS and Latency issue.

Note: This 'may' not work for everyone, but it did for me and others i've spoken to who tried it out.

Step 1: Right click the Launcher and go into compatibility and tick the box where it says "Run as Administrator", then click on 'Apply'. I also do this for the tinanyu.exe as well.

The rest of the steps are when you're in-game.

Step 2: Hit Esc and click on the SCREEN button.

Step 3: Lower Right corner: Untick the box for MEMORY OPTIMIZATION.

Step 4: Set your mode to FULL-SCREEN.

Step 5: Uncap your FPS foreground meter if you have a PC and monitor that can handle higher than 60fps.

With the amounts of variety in PC specs and setups, it's hard to make everything 100% optimized for all of them, but luckily there are some workarounds to help out. Workarounds may not help everyone, but I hope this helps everyone who struggles with FPS and Latency issues. :thumbup:

Hopefully this gets pinned so more people can see it!

I'll post a Screenshot of how much of a boost my fps got. Going from 12-15 fps up to 160+

The post was edited 1 time, last by Entity_Unknown: Reasons ().

• Shi notenshi wrote:

I

Entity_Unknown wrote:

iviko02 wrote:

Also I'd say make sure your fps limiter is off, by default it's set to 60.
      Yes, you should uncap your fps to get the most out of it for sure.
      I would not do that since it starts lagging if you go from 80 to 60 and then higher again

You don't get 'lag' going from 80 to 60 fps or higher. You'll get that sensation when you drop from 80 to 15-20 fps and back up again.

Uncapping just means that it'll provide you with the maximum amount of FPS that your rig can handle.

If you suffer lag switching between 80 and 60 fps, there's something wrong with your computer.
    • Entity_Unknown wrote:

Shi notenshi wrote:

I

Entity_Unknown wrote:

iviko02 wrote:

Also I'd say make sure your fps limiter is off, by default it's set to 60.
      Yes, you should uncap your fps to get the most out of it for sure.
      I would not do that since it starts lagging if you go from 80 to 60 and then higher again
      You don't get 'lag' going from 80 to 60 fps or higher. You'll get that sensation when you drop from 80 to 15-20 fps and back up again.

Uncapping just means that it'll provide you with the maximum amount of FPS that your rig can handle.

If you suffer lag switching between 80 and 60 fps, there's something wrong with your computer.
      dude.... I know, you don't have to teach me the basics of computers cuz that is what I meant with lag
    • Giving this thread a well deserved bump. was having issues with very low fps for my rig (i7 6700k, gtx 1070), was getting 20~30 fps at 1080p max quality with the optimisation checked, getting a solid 70+ with it off. Dunno what the hell that option is supposed to do, but it's clearly not working as intended.
    • I have no problem with sustained FPS, but I have been getting (especially on my blademaster) alot of random frame spikes, on both abilities cast by me and and abilities cast by enemies. In a game where a split second can mean the difference, a frame strike on a boss smash can be lethal. Very hard to stay into the game with this issue. I have a GTX 1070 and I know my PC hardware is way overkill for the game so I don't know if its latency coming through as frame spikes or if its a client optimization issue. I really hope it gets fixed before live cause lately I have been shying away from anything difficult with the random frame spike causing deaths. I could never imagine raiding with this problem atm.
    • u_4792290 wrote:

I have no problem with sustained FPS, but I have been getting (especially on my blademaster) alot of random frame spikes, on both abilities cast by me and and abilities cast by enemies. In a game where a split second can mean the difference, a frame strike on a boss smash can be lethal. Very hard to stay into the game with this issue. I have a GTX 1070 and I know my PC hardware is way overkill for the game so I don't know if its latency coming through as frame spikes or if its a client optimization issue. I really hope it gets fixed before live cause lately I have been shying away from anything difficult with the random frame spike causing deaths. I could never imagine raiding with this problem atm.
      Hopefully you reported this issue otherwise it won't be looked at until a lot of time has passed...
    • Ill try this when i get home and see if it works... cause my frames are way worse on my PC then on a laptop... which is weird...but ive tried multiple ways to improve the FPS;;; So im just going to try everything i come across

will update this post again if it helps.. and if not ill post specs and give details of my problem~
      Stelleia | Lotus Member | Retired Member of Soaring Dragon | SnowPine