f
s

Revelation Online is coming to the west!

• ReverseEffect wrote:

Black Desert could've been a success, and it would've been. It was just in the care of the wrong publishers.
      It's not doing super well in Korea and other asian countries, even though it's free over there, so I'm not too sure about that.

Eventually, people would have grown tired of the grind and the unbalanced PvP.

<| Fʀᴇɴᴄʜ + Eɴɢʟɪsʜ | Dɪꜱᴄɪᴘʟᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ Gᴏʟᴅᴇɴ Eᴍᴘᴇʀᴏʀ |>
    • Harbinger wrote:

Really only good thing about it was the graphics and character creator, everything else was pretty mediocre
      Indeed, it's a very pretty game.

Although I don't really think the character creator is "that" impressive. Sure, you can tweak and modify lots of stuff, but the limitations are stupid. Like, Wizards have to be old grumps, Archers have to be elves, you can't really make a plump character, there's genderlocking everywhere and lots of other annoying little things.

• Maja wrote:

Indeed, it's a very pretty game.
      Although I don't really think the character creator is "that" impressive. Sure, you can tweak and modify lots of stuff, but the limitations are stupid. Like, Wizards have to be old grumps, Archers have to be elves, you can't really make a plump character, there's genderlocking everywhere and lots of other annoying little things.

I totally agree. The gender/race lock was a terrible idea. Had they not done that the creation would have been incredible.
    • Well enless progression and totally different approach to things has its flows too *in terms of bdo* I was bored with rng and unbalance ingame as well as "necessary convenience" in pearl shop, at the end game felt like endless grind same hours that weren't hard for hours just to get that "little edge" over someone, it was just boredom. Not even speaking about publisher :P

As for RO- I really hope it won't end up being released too late, too rushed, and all the other "too's" that can be applied here.
      It looks like the mmo that a lot of people will try since graphics aren't that good which enables more people to play, has some content on top of that and takes most fun stuff from other mmos.
      Just don't let it endup like BnS or P2W crap either and it should be fine :).
    • Starrky wrote:

Well enless progression and totally different approach to things has its flows too *in terms of bdo* I was bored with rng and unbalance ingame as well as "necessary convenience" in pearl shop, at the end game felt like endless grind same hours that weren't hard for hours just to get that "little edge" over someone, it was just boredom. Not even speaking about publisher :P

As for RO- I really hope it won't end up being released too late, too rushed, and all the other "too's" that can be applied here.
      It looks like the mmo that a lot of people will try since graphics aren't that good which enables more people to play, has some content on top of that and takes most fun stuff from other mmos.
      Just don't let it endup like BnS or P2W crap either and it should be fine :).
      BnS kept me for a pretty good amount of months before I gave it up. BDO, however, was way too cluttered in terms of UI and RNG and it didn't keep me past a month. As everyone else said, though, it was a very aesthetically pleasing game.
    • Maja wrote:

ReverseEffect wrote:

Black Desert could've been a success, and it would've been. It was just in the care of the wrong publishers.
      It's not doing super well in Korea and other asian countries, even though it's free over there, so I'm not too sure about that.
      Eventually, people would have grown tired of the grind and the unbalanced PvP.
      What killed that game for me was having no fast travel.

A couple of times I remember logging in before work foolishly thinking I can get in hour of game play....of that hour more than half would be dedicated to just traveling.
    • Aroha wrote:

What killed that game for me was having no fast travel.
      A couple of times I remember logging in before work foolishly thinking I can get in hour of game play....of that hour more than half would be dedicated to just traveling.
      Traveling and exploring can be fun, in my opinion. But having a few teleports here and there for convenience can't hurt, I agree.

• ghoulas wrote:

Yami wrote:

Can't wait! After I've been disappointed with BnS and Black Desert I need a bit of fresh air.
      If you will be looking for something fresh you could be disappointed revelation is more of a good mix of well known ideas packed into one game. I all for that but people looking fore a new look in mmorpg can be dissatisfied.
      I have to agree. I say don't get too hyped thinking this game is going to be that next (insert your mmo here) thing that is going to just blow your mind. The chances of disappointment are high if people do that. Best to just see this game for what it is.
      VIP benefits should be: "Everything in the cash shop can be farmed/obtainable in game." Implement a VIP token that drops in game for VIP players to cash in at a NPC. This NPC will sell the cash shop items to the VIP for those coins. :thumbup:
    • ghoulas wrote:

Yami wrote:

Can't wait! After I've been disappointed with BnS and Black Desert I need a bit of fresh air.
      If you will be looking for something fresh you could be disappointed revelation is more of a good mix of well known ideas packed into one game. I all for that but people looking fore a new look in mmorpg can be dissatisfied.
      I think, not sure, but I think they meant they are sick of games getting 'it' wrong. Where 'it' can mean any number of things.
      Revelation looks like it gets a lot more boxes checked off in a good way.
      I take responsibility for what I say not what you cannot understand.
      <3

No longer playing/waiting for Revelation.
    • I'm afraid this game will end just like many MMOs nowdays. Greedy publishers, bad server infrastructure, old engines, lack of features, toxicity, grindfest. Very small portion of MMOs worth play today.

You can call me pesimistic, but it's not true. I'm hyped in this game, but i dont want to be disapointed like last two times. BnS and BDO. Huge hype and i got c**p.
    • Lexy wrote:

I'm afraid this game will end just like many MMOs nowdays. Greedy publishers, bad server infrastructure, old engines, lack of features, toxicity, grindfest. Very small portion of MMOs worth play today.

You can call me pesimistic, but it's not true. I'm hyped in this game, but i dont want to be disapointed like last two times. BnS and BDO. Huge hype and i got c**p.
      I get where you are coming from. I too am being cautious. Not getting too overhyped for this game.
      VIP benefits should be: "Everything in the cash shop can be farmed/obtainable in game." Implement a VIP token that drops in game for VIP players to cash in at a NPC. This NPC will sell the cash shop items to the VIP for those coins. :thumbup: