f
s

[Guide] Occultist

• Mirilya wrote:

u_11269475 wrote:

May I ask for lv 69 Skill Point distribution and Arcane Arts/Cultivation (60 points) for PVE and PVE ?
      That's currently the 60 talents build that I'm using : HERE
      I've got the Expert Grasping Spirits book, but was just curious where you acquired the Demon's Rancor / Occultist's Gift books from? Occultist Class books seem to drop about 0.00001% of the time for me so I've yet to see these even on AH. Was just hoping there was a more practical way than the 900k Imp Notes + 520 Benedictions per book.

Also was curious about anyone's thoughts on the Spirit's Return morph that adds 10% - 15% - 20% Crit Power & Crit Bonus during Dark Pearl State? I know Dark Pearl only lasts 5 seconds, but seems like a decent extra buff you could cast right before bursting for those who aren't already near maxed Crit Inc %.
      [ RO Snowpine ] Ayahuasca 77 Occultist <Lotus> | Alts Blayz 69 Gunslinger | Plox 69 Vanguard

[ Skyforge NA ] Deja Voo (Currently 407m Prestige) Pantheon - Legion of Archangels

[ Hearthstone NA ] Metagame

[ BnS Retired ]
    • Another question to the list!

Mirilya and Shinis, what soulgrid setups do you currently have? For the 69 cap?

I'm using the same/v similar as vamp on the previous page but was thinking about something like Berserker II and Sagicious II + X.
      Sadly I can't get the Tormenter II at the same time (maybe it's better than Berserker?, but im only 50% crit, 175% incr with Berserk I)
      Katsuri | Frost - Snowpine | Occultist
    • Todgins wrote:

Another question to the list!

I'm using the same/v similar as vamp on the previous page but was thinking about something like Berserker II and Sagicious II + X.
      Sadly I can't get the Tormenter II at the same time (maybe it's better than Berserker?, but im only 50% crit, 175% incr with Berserk I)
      I know this wasn't directed at me, but I'm currently using Light Bringer Soul Grid Panel / Dark Chaos Crystal

Seems +200 MDef Break is impossible for Occultist to get until we can use VIII's and/or Chaos V's.

I originally was using the jack of all trades type build with 2 of each outer crystal + 1 of each inner, and thought that all of the extra bonuses received outweighed the 10% Crit Bonus + 100 Crit / 5% MagAtk until I decided to test it out and only wish I'd done it sooner. My PVE attribute build is just about as glass cannon as you can get (260 Dex, 34 Vigor/Spirit, 1 Int) and I couldn't be happier - even before I got the extra HP from 60 Cultivation #3 Passive.
      [ RO Snowpine ] Ayahuasca 77 Occultist <Lotus> | Alts Blayz 69 Gunslinger | Plox 69 Vanguard

[ Skyforge NA ] Deja Voo (Currently 407m Prestige) Pantheon - Legion of Archangels

[ BnS Retired ]

The post was edited 3 times, last by Ayahuasca ().

• Really wish the Soul Grid builder page would still exist but seems like it was taken down.. anyway

It kinda depends on what you have and/or are willing to invest.

Berserker II
      Sagicious II
      Tormentor I
      is more expensive than switching Berserker with Tormentor.

The second option only requires a max of lv4 crystal / lv3 class while the first requires either 1 Sky and Time VI or Sky VI + Dark Class Crystal IV

So in the end you'd invest a couple million IC for 6% Crit Damage and 60 Crit (2.1% Crit Chance) for about 170 Defense Break - hard to actually tell whats more valueable.

---------------

After some recent upgrading I use the following two versions:

healing (misses 1 Moon for +5% HP)

dps

Both with the Dark Bringer Soul Grid since I use a Moon Crystal now for some extra defensive stats. Only requires switching Sun for Moon and Death for Spectre.
      In both of these cases upgrading the class crystal to V with the level cap increase will unlock a couple more stats due to +1 Rune spring winds.
      EU - Tidewater (former Eventide)
      Occultist 69
    • As far as I know and from what I've heard/been told (opinions of top occultists here and several other ppl who play/played max level occ in CN) you're going to want to have Berserker II > Tormentor II until you've got at least 50% Crit Rate / 175-180% Crit Inc unbuffed (food allows you to hit cap) before worrying about MDef Break.

[ BnS Retired ]
    • Thanks for the soulgrid advice! Once I've finished my exalts I might move into the MDef one.

Ayahuasca wrote:

As far as I know and from what I've heard/been told (opinions of top occultists here and several other ppl who play/played max level occ in CN) you're going to want to have Berserker II > Tormentor II until you've got at least 50% Crit Rate / 175-180% Crit Inc unbuffed (food allows you to hit cap) before worrying about MDef Break.
      o/
      Sweet I'm at 53% crit and 181% incr at the moment. (Using Beserker I)
      Katsuri | Frost - Snowpine | Occultist
    • Shinis wrote:

Really wish the Soul Grid builder page would still exist but seems like it was taken down.. anyway

It kinda depends on what you have and/or are willing to invest.

Berserker II
      Sagicious II
      Tormentor I
      is more expensive than switching Berserker with Tormentor.

The second option only requires a max of lv4 crystal / lv3 class while the first requires either 1 Sky and Time VI or Sky VI + Dark Class Crystal IV

So in the end you'd invest a couple million IC for 6% Crit Damage and 60 Crit (2.1% Crit Chance) for about 170 Defense Break - hard to actually tell whats more valueable.

---------------

After some recent upgrading I use the following two versions:

healing (misses 1 Moon for +5% HP)

dps

Both with the Dark Bringer Soul Grid since I use a Moon Crystal now for some extra defensive stats. Only requires switching Sun for Moon and Death for Spectre.
      In both of these cases upgrading the class crystal to V with the level cap increase will unlock a couple more stats due to +1 Rune spring winds.
      I just now took a second look at the "dps" build screenshot, and you've got 7 level 6 crystals, 2 level 5, 2 level 4, and level 4 chaos crystal. This cost FAR outweighs my 1 level 6, 8 level 5, 3 level 4, and level 4 chaos crystal.

[ BnS Retired ]
    • Ayahuasca wrote:

Todgins wrote:

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I'm currently using Light Bringer Soul Grid Panel / Dark Chaos Crystal
      Seems +200 MDef Break is impossible for Occultist to get until we can use VIII's and/or Chaos V's.

I originally was using the jack of all trades type build with 2 of each outer crystal + 1 of each inner, and thought that all of the extra bonuses received outweighed the 10% Crit Bonus + 100 Crit / 5% MagAtk until I decided to test it out and only wish I'd done it sooner. My PVE attribute build is just about as glass cannon as you can get (260 Dex, 34 Vigor/Spirit, 1 Int) and I couldn't be happier - even before I got the extra HP from 60 Cultivation #3 Passive.
      Is that all level 6?
    • Frankenstein wrote:

Ayahuasca wrote:

Todgins wrote:

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I'm currently using Light Bringer Soul Grid Panel / Dark Chaos Crystal Seems +200 MDef Break is impossible for Occultist to get until we can use VIII's and/or Chaos V's.

Is that all level 6?
      It was a mix of mainly lvl 5/6, and 2 or 3 lvl 4. I have since changed my setup a bit to add the +1 Attributes / Parry bonuses, and 2nd build for PVP opting for +200 magic def break over 10% Crit Bonus +100 Crit as it only changes my unbuffed Crit Inc from 196.9% to 190.9% and Crit 54% to about 50%. Currently using 6 lvl 5, and 6 lvl 6 crystals. I will post some screens once servers are back up from maintenance.

[ BnS Retired ]
    • Hey.

I would like to ask if you have the ability to buy only one expert skill cultivation book at the moment, what would it be?
      Demon Rancor Scroll II Dark (20m away, +60% Crit Rate) or
      Occultist's Will Scroll I Dark (+50% Damage during the explosion.)

I also need to know your explanation on this.

If it may helps, I'm currently at 45.7% Critical Rate and 192% Critical Increment (no guild/food/or any sort of buffs) with 10% Berserker Soul Grid.
      and 40.4% and 186% Critical Increment with +200 MDef Break Tormentor Soul Grid.

Thanks~
      No Mercy Gaming

No Mercy Gaming (230 Members)

International Guild. We're currently reaching our hands to international players outside our region who seek a structured and organized guild. If you have the same drive and passion as us for gaming then this is the guild for you.

• Vishera wrote:

Hey.

I would like to ask if you have the ability to buy only one expert skill cultivation book at the moment, what would it be?
      Demon Rancor Scroll II Dark (20m away, +60% Crit Rate) or
      Occultist's Will Scroll I Dark (+50% Damage during the explosion.)

I also need to know your explanation on this.

If it may helps, I'm currently at 45.7% Critical Rate and 192% Critical Increment (no guild/food/or any sort of buffs) with 10% Berserker Soul Grid.
      and 40.4% and 186% Critical Increment with +200 MDef Break Tormentor Soul Grid.

Thanks~
      Buy the golf ball cultivation. That demon's rancor cultivation's tooltip is bugged so it increases the skill's crit damage by 60%, which is useless since most ppl have 200% crit inc anyway.
    • h I need help with pve build for dmg and heal, pvp heal and dmg . And if you can build these builds with the European Calculator SKILLS BUILDER 1.3

Korean kalculator not working as it should

thx for help a sorry for me english

The post was edited 2 times, last by Dorgy ().