f
s

[Guide] Occultist

• Mirilya wrote:

u_11269475 wrote:

May I ask for lv 69 Skill Point distribution and Arcane Arts/Cultivation (60 points) for PVE and PVE ?
      That's currently the 60 talents build that I'm using : HERE
      I've got the Expert Grasping Spirits book, but was just curious where you acquired the Demon's Rancor / Occultist's Gift books from? Occultist Class books seem to drop about 0.00001% of the time for me so I've yet to see these even on AH. Was just hoping there was a more practical way than the 900k Imp Notes + 520 Benedictions per book.

Also was curious about anyone's thoughts on the Spirit's Return morph that adds 10% - 15% - 20% Crit Power & Crit Bonus during Dark Pearl State? I know Dark Pearl only lasts 5 seconds, but seems like a decent extra buff you could cast right before bursting for those who aren't already near maxed Crit Inc %.
      [ RO Snowpine ] Ayahuasca 69 Occultist <Frost> | Alts Blayz 69 Gunslinger | Plox 68 Vanguard

[ Skyforge NA ] Deja Voo (Currently 343m Prestige) Pantheon - Legion of Archangels

[ Hearthstone NA ] Metagame

[ BnS Retired ]
    • Another question to the list!

Mirilya and Shinis, what soulgrid setups do you currently have? For the 69 cap?

I'm using the same/v similar as vamp on the previous page but was thinking about something like Berserker II and Sagicious II + X.
      Sadly I can't get the Tormenter II at the same time (maybe it's better than Berserker?, but im only 50% crit, 175% incr with Berserk I)
      Katsuri | Frost - Snowpine | Occultist
    • Todgins wrote:

Another question to the list!

Mirilya and Shinis, what soulgrid setups do you currently have? For the 69 cap?

I'm using the same/v similar as vamp on the previous page but was thinking about something like Berserker II and Sagicious II + X.
      Sadly I can't get the Tormenter II at the same time (maybe it's better than Berserker?, but im only 50% crit, 175% incr with Berserk I)
      I know this wasn't directed at me, but I'm currently using Light Bringer Soul Grid Panel / Dark Chaos Crystal

Seems +200 MDef Break is impossible for Occultist to get until we can use VIII's and/or Chaos V's.

I originally was using the jack of all trades type build with 2 of each outer crystal + 1 of each inner, and thought that all of the extra bonuses received outweighed the 10% Crit Bonus + 100 Crit / 5% MagAtk until I decided to test it out and only wish I'd done it sooner. My PVE attribute build is just about as glass cannon as you can get (260 Dex, 34 Vigor/Spirit, 1 Int) and I couldn't be happier - even before I got the extra HP from 60 Cultivation #3 Passive.
      [ RO Snowpine ] Ayahuasca 69 Occultist <Frost> | Alts Blayz 69 Gunslinger | Plox 68 Vanguard

[ Skyforge NA ] Deja Voo (Currently 343m Prestige) Pantheon - Legion of Archangels

[ BnS Retired ]

The post was edited 3 times, last by Ayahuasca ().

• Really wish the Soul Grid builder page would still exist but seems like it was taken down.. anyway

It kinda depends on what you have and/or are willing to invest.

Berserker II
      Sagicious II
      Tormentor I
      is more expensive than switching Berserker with Tormentor.

The second option only requires a max of lv4 crystal / lv3 class while the first requires either 1 Sky and Time VI or Sky VI + Dark Class Crystal IV

So in the end you'd invest a couple million IC for 6% Crit Damage and 60 Crit (2.1% Crit Chance) for about 170 Defense Break - hard to actually tell whats more valueable.

---------------

After some recent upgrading I use the following two versions:

healing (misses 1 Moon for +5% HP)

dps

Both with the Dark Bringer Soul Grid since I use a Moon Crystal now for some extra defensive stats. Only requires switching Sun for Moon and Death for Spectre.
      In both of these cases upgrading the class crystal to V with the level cap increase will unlock a couple more stats due to +1 Rune spring winds.
      EU - Tidewater (former Eventide)
      Occultist 69
    • As far as I know and from what I've heard/been told (opinions of top occultists here and several other ppl who play/played max level occ in CN) you're going to want to have Berserker II > Tormentor II until you've got at least 50% Crit Rate / 175-180% Crit Inc unbuffed (food allows you to hit cap) before worrying about MDef Break.

[ BnS Retired ]
    • New

Thanks for the soulgrid advice! Once I've finished my exalts I might move into the MDef one.

Ayahuasca wrote:

As far as I know and from what I've heard/been told (opinions of top occultists here and several other ppl who play/played max level occ in CN) you're going to want to have Berserker II > Tormentor II until you've got at least 50% Crit Rate / 175-180% Crit Inc unbuffed (food allows you to hit cap) before worrying about MDef Break.
      o/
      Sweet I'm at 53% crit and 181% incr at the moment. (Using Beserker I)
      Katsuri | Frost - Snowpine | Occultist
    • New

Shinis wrote:

Really wish the Soul Grid builder page would still exist but seems like it was taken down.. anyway

It kinda depends on what you have and/or are willing to invest.

Berserker II
      Sagicious II
      Tormentor I
      is more expensive than switching Berserker with Tormentor.

The second option only requires a max of lv4 crystal / lv3 class while the first requires either 1 Sky and Time VI or Sky VI + Dark Class Crystal IV

So in the end you'd invest a couple million IC for 6% Crit Damage and 60 Crit (2.1% Crit Chance) for about 170 Defense Break - hard to actually tell whats more valueable.

---------------

After some recent upgrading I use the following two versions:

healing (misses 1 Moon for +5% HP)

dps

Both with the Dark Bringer Soul Grid since I use a Moon Crystal now for some extra defensive stats. Only requires switching Sun for Moon and Death for Spectre.
      In both of these cases upgrading the class crystal to V with the level cap increase will unlock a couple more stats due to +1 Rune spring winds.
      I just now took a second look at the "dps" build screenshot, and you've got 7 level 6 crystals, 2 level 5, 2 level 4, and level 4 chaos crystal. This cost FAR outweighs my 1 level 6, 8 level 5, 3 level 4, and level 4 chaos crystal.

[ BnS Retired ]