f
s

Guides on Picking your class for you :D

• Hunt wrote:

L J wrote:

Hunt wrote:

I still hesitate between spiritshaper and occultist too... Anyway I have some times to do my choice.
      Also I don't really know the cons of these classes.
      hum.... I don't really knows the cons of these classes either hahaha. I feel like all the classes are really good.if i can think of a con, would be ... let's see..

for Spirtshaper, you can solo, but you can't solo as fast as someone else. ie, you can outlast and kill off mobs, but i doubt you'll clear anything as fast as say a blade master or a sword mage. or any other dps for that matter. (then again, most people group up for quests anyway, so you shouldn't have a problem). But if you are the solo type and want go a healer, you will have no problem finding a party, but when doing solo questing, it might take you longer time than others. You are also probably the most targeted in PVP wise, well doh! in any pvp group fights, MOST people tend to go for the healer. IF you are a badass healer, you will never die cause you know how to counter them, but yeah, if you don't like the pressure of always having a target on your back, healer might not be for you in PVP. (i love it. haha )

As for Occultist, I haven't played it, so i can't really go in detail on that class, but i would imagine the cons of that class would be hard to decide what you want. You are a jack of all trade, but do you want to focus dps, or semi dps and heal? their role is a little mixed because if they want aoe damage, most people going for a swordmage anyway, if they want ranged physical damage, they going for gunner, so why they want you? (cause you got a badass guild that want you! haha) well, i know why cause there is a mechanical 20man dungeon later that they need your class, cause your class is the only one that got that swap spot skill that is used in the mechanics of that dungeon haha. cons maybe would be hard to find spots for groups parties because the other dps can do better than you anyway. But i've seen top dps been Occultist before, and they can act as a healer in the 1-5 dungeons without a problem if they spec for it too. cons maybe you are not specialized in any one thing. But hey, you can act as a healer in pre 50s dungeons, and you can act as dps in later dungeons haha. but, hey no one else got a dark flame flying horse, and no one else can swap between heals and dps haha.
      Yeah I see what you mean, thx for info.Then I'll go for healer as main, and my alt would be sword mage due to style and aoe huehue.
      Or maybe the main would be swordmage, who knows!
      Occultist for the win! Swordmage is AWESOME though!
    • Hunt wrote:

Reading the posts, I feel servers NA/EU will be full of occultists and spiritshapers...
      Russian polls also show the Spirit Shapers as the most popular.

Honestly I'm surprised, but hey... we won't need to beg for healers !

<| Fʀᴇɴᴄʜ + Eɴɢʟɪsʜ | Dɪꜱᴄɪᴘʟᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ Gᴏʟᴅᴇɴ Eᴍᴘᴇʀᴏʀ |>
    • Omega wrote:

The Enchantress wrote:

Omega wrote:

I hope healers will be fun to play with, im kinda deciding between a healer or a mage (they are my fave classes in mmos)
      Same here, I really wish there was bard class xDGotta decide between 2 classes .-. ugh...
      Most likely ill end up leveling both but yeah ._. i know that feel
      Well its kinda seem like the game isnt friendly with lvling alts?
      since it take like 6 months to max Lol.

• Hunt wrote:

Reading the posts, I feel servers NA/EU will be full of occultists and spiritshapers...
      Well not all people are visiting the forums and im pretty sure there will be more dps's than healers :D. And also there would be tons of healeers BUT few good ones x)

The Enchantress wrote:

Omega wrote:

The Enchantress wrote:

Omega wrote:

I hope healers will be fun to play with, im kinda deciding between a healer or a mage (they are my fave classes in mmos)
      Same here, I really wish there was bard class xDGotta decide between 2 classes .-. ugh...
      Most likely ill end up leveling both but yeah ._. i know that feel
      Well its kinda seem like the game isnt friendly with lvling alts?since it take like 6 months to max Lol.
      Oh really? Well i didnt played the Chinesse version so i cant really tell.. But sure ill have 2 chars maybe to just add variety on gameplays
    • The Enchantress wrote:

Well its kinda seem like the game isnt friendly with lvling alts?since it take like 6 months to max Lol.
      Well, it's going to be pretty long to level a character to max, but being max level shouldn't be your goal.

There's plenty of stuff to do before that, lots of content and gearing up.

<| Fʀᴇɴᴄʜ + Eɴɢʟɪsʜ | Dɪꜱᴄɪᴘʟᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ Gᴏʟᴅᴇɴ Eᴍᴘᴇʀᴏʀ |>
    • Wow thx for this @L J!!

Im sure i will main a Swordmage, fell in love with the class after i see how it plays but its allways welcome to know more about the others classes, i may end doing alts if they are as fun as you described them :D
      And if you head explodes, with dark forebodings too, i´ll see you on the dark side of the moon.
    • Lordamion wrote:

Wow thx for this @L J!!

Im sure i will main a Swordmage, fell in love with the class after i see how it plays but its allways welcome to know more about the others classes, i may end doing alts if they are as fun as you described them :D
      AYE! The Swordmage life is the stronk life. Love it!
      Welcome to the club ;-;

Guild Leader of Eterna Gaming | Gamer Extraordinaire | Lover Of Kittens
    • Sarumonin wrote:

Lordamion wrote:

Wow thx for this @L J!!

AYE! The Swordmage life is the stronk life. Love it!Welcome to the club ;-;
      Didnt know you will main one. It was the most interesting class when I first saw them, then i saw cryy playing it on twitch and some high end stuff and love it. "Mucho pew pew die like and idiot if not evade, blame the ping and stay on spectator mode. High-risk high-reward style".

EDIT: Plus a loli with a inverted sword now?... im sold out.

The wait for this damn game is becoming way to long.
      And if you head explodes, with dark forebodings too, i´ll see you on the dark side of the moon.
    • Lordamion wrote:

Didnt know you will main one. It was the most interesting class when I first saw them, then i saw cryy playing it on twitch and some high end stuff and love it. "Mucho pew pew die like and idiot if not evade, blame the ping and stay on spectator mode. High-risk high-reward style".
      EDIT: Plus a loli with a inverted sword now?... im sold out.

The wait for this damn game is becoming way to long.

Yep I will be. May possibly also work Blademaster but not concrete yet. Ive played Swordmage for a bit and loved it.

Guild Leader of Eterna Gaming | Gamer Extraordinaire | Lover Of Kittens