f
s

Black Friday & Cyber Monday Sales

• The discussion on the official community discord (english channel) is also quite heating up. this comment was godlike so ill post it here, the srcasm is strong with this one :'D

"Hosinsul - Today at 16:28
    Oh man, a flying baloon for 45€ discounted! What a steal!Bought 5 just in case this was some error and it's actually 65€"
  • Yani wrote:

Kaeden wrote:

Hey guys,

This balloon is in no way representative of the cash shop policy of the game.

It is a standalone offer of exclusive content aimed to provide rare items to early adopters funding the project. While the standalone price looks high it is not effectively targeted as being sold outside of a founder pack bundle which then bring it only a bit north of 22 usd...

No one should even considered buying the balloon alone it doesn't make any sense unless you have a pack.

Kaeden
    20 Euros for pixels just to fly around in a balloon? You must be confusing Black Friday with April 1st, no?
    Are you serious? This thread is full of cancer... it`s just an offer for ppl who want to support the game even further. Nobody have to buy this mount.
    If you really think that 20 Euro is a lot for supporting a game then go to star citizen and you will see what ppl are willing to pay to support a game they wanna play.
  • Shion wrote:

Yani wrote:

Kaeden wrote:

Hey guys,

It is a standalone offer of exclusive content aimed to provide rare items to early adopters funding the project. While the standalone price looks high it is not effectively targeted as being sold outside of a founder pack bundle which then bring it only a bit north of 22 usd...

No one should even considered buying the balloon alone it doesn't make any sense unless you have a pack.

Kaeden
    20 Euros for pixels just to fly around in a balloon? You must be confusing Black Friday with April 1st, no?
    Are you serious? This thread is full of cancer... it`s just an offer for ppl who want to support the game even further. Nobody have to buy this mount.If you really think that 20 Euro is a lot for supporting a game then go to star citizen and you will see what ppl are willing to pay to support a game they wanna play.
    Take it easy, people are simply expressing their opinion, If people want to spend large amounts of money on a game great, not everyone does and they are allowed to express if they feel it is an amount they would not pay for.
    Hiraeth - RP/PvE
    (Shanlee in game Hiraeth - GM)
  • Shion wrote:

Yani wrote:

Kaeden wrote:

Hey guys,

Kaeden
    Are you serious? This thread is full of cancer... it`s just an offer for ppl who want to support the game even further. Nobody have to buy this mount.If you really think that 20 Euro is a lot for supporting a game then go to star citizen and you will see what ppl are willing to pay to support a game they wanna play.
    20 euros? I'm not sure you are seeing what other people are seeing. IF the base value was 20 euros fine but it's nearly 50 euros, 50 euros for a mount, people are just worried that it's going to be the same when the cash shop comes out. I already brought the highest tier pack to support my.com however if things are going to be this expensive once the game releases people will be reluctant to support them that is why some Chinese and games from other countries fail once they hit the EU and US consumers. Hopefully cash shop isn't too expensive, I'm not asking it to be cheap not that I mind but if things cost more than 30 euros depending on the item people would not be so willing to pay.
  • Shion wrote:

It's an offer for Deluxe Founders only though. So anyone that didn't buy the top pack doesn't support the game? That's my main issue with this. It should have just been priced at $20 for all founders. And they shouldn't call it a sale if they are going to act like they don't know how they are going price their cash shop. This was a bad idea.
  • Shion wrote:

Yani wrote:

Kaeden wrote:

Hey guys,

Kaeden
    And you miss the point. It's not a $20 price point that is the larger issue with most, including myself, it is the pricing policy being dependent on level of pack purchased.

Also, 'cancer' is not the same as 'disgruntled people expressing their opinion', which they are allowed to do, as it also helps the devs/company understand the mindset and opinions of its customers and supporters on important issues.
    OTG Logistics Officer

Old Timers Guild

Old Timers Guild (44 Members)

Old Timers Guild is a PvX cross-game guild. If you're over the age of 25, looking for a No drama, fun guild. Look no further.

If you are interested in joining us, please start here: JOIN OTG!
    "Laid Back, Not Too Serious, No Drama, All About The Fun"
    ~~~~~~

• LGG wrote:

So much rage from misreadings...
    and here I am wondering if I should upgrade for $30 to the tier 3 pack or pay $32 for just a balloon. LOL
    I was in the same boat but then I realized how unfair this was. Because I decided to get the Founder's Pack first I have to spend more for this balloon?
    I'd rather just spend the $30 on upgrading. At least the Cat mount carries more people. Maybe in the future My.com will sell a different color balloon. xD
  • One of my concerns that RO na/eu will be a P2W game.. i see it happening already.
    I hope it doesn't get out of hand... :/

PS: "my comment is not about the mount. it was originally from another post that got deleted and moved."

Thank you Hime for this awesome signature! -My Steam profile

The post was edited 1 time, last by Rife: Don't get me wrong :( ().

• Rife wrote:

One of my concerns that RO na/eu will be a P2W game.. i see it happening already.
    I hope it doesn't get out of hand... :/
    *rolls eyes so hard they might fall out*

Sorry but how is this P2W? Can I shoot lasers with this balloon that will let me one shot everyone? A high priced mount or any cosmetic item does NOT make a game P2W. I wish people will understand that.
  • H3LLORD wrote:

20 euros? I'm not sure you are seeing what other people are seeing. IF the base value was 20 euros fine but it's nearly 50 euros, 50 euros for a mount, people are just worried that it's going to be the same when the cash shop comes out. I already brought the highest tier pack to support my.com however if things are going to be this expensive once the game releases people will be reluctant to support them that is why some Chinese and games from other countries fail once they hit the EU and US consumers. Hopefully cash shop isn't too expensive, I'm not asking it to be cheap not that I mind but if things cost more than 30 euros depending on the item people would not be so willing to pay.
    I know that it is expensive for people who don`t have a founders pack. But I already read things about selling stuff before OBT, in my opinion the founders pack itself is nothing different. And I´m just glad that it is only a mount they are offering. It could be much worse.

Pai wrote:

It's an offer for Deluxe Founders only though. So anyone that didn't buy the top pack doesn't support the game? That's my main issue with this. It should have just been priced at $20 for all founders. And they shouldn't call it a sale if they are going to act like they don't know how they are going price their cash shop. This was a bad idea.
    You are right and I didn`t mean that there is no feedback. But of course I agree that this is a thing they are doing wrong.
  • I will pay whatever to support a game I like. I dropped well over 1 thousand dollars on Dragons Prophet knowing full well market dragons are not worth a single cent in that game.

That being said, I own the most expensive founder pack and will gladly pay for market items and will be paying for premium and will be going all out in the game regarding USD and items I like/want isn't going to be an issue for me.

That also being said. I love buying items from games that are before the release as someone mentioned before "bragging rights" Though in this case I will admit It's practically bragging rights to not own the balloon because that pricing is absolutely stupid. Whether it is or is not an accurate representation of the in game market pricing or not, whether it had all the information stated about the balloon or not. It is simply outrageous to ask anyone to buy a s*** basic balloon (my opinion on the balloon) for a game that recently just opened for closed beta.

Now I don't care if the game was in a different phase of closed beta or even in open beta. If you're going to sell me a balloon mount AT ALL regardless of the price, make the decision of selling an item when people can actually posses the item. As it stands now, none of us have even graced eyes upon the 20-80$ we spent on founder packs yet.

Before I get the simple minded sheep (If you don't like it don't buy it) nonsense. I am 100% being both in America and the f****** internet to say whatever I d*** well please, I will freely make my point, state my opinion and don't worry, I won't buy the stupid balloon. So chill.

But yes, I believe it is a bit of a tall order to shove out this balloon and expect people to buy it. There will be people that do and people that don't. I am not. Might change later on, but right now. Hell no.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hollow ().