f
s

What is your opinion of the graphics?

• What is your opinion of the graphics?

I think they are good, but I can't say they are amazing. Some of the textures are low res even on the highest settings and to me everything looks a little too bright, as if my gamma was set way too high and yet my gamma is fine on everything else so it must be the game.

Like in a big field the grass straight looks like a giant neon sign almost, there's just way too much vividness in the color scheme. Tera looks fine to me on my computer screen and is pleasant to look at no matter where I go in the game but this game seems like there should have been more work put into optimizing the graphical presentation.

But maybe when it releases on English servers I won't experience as much lag and fps drop so maybe it will look more fluid and pleasant to me then. I just really want to love this game but I feel like Tera or Black Desert online may have it beat in terms of graphics and fluidity.
    • I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be very colorful and cartoon-ish.

In any case, yes, it might not be perfect, but I like it. (Although granted, I'm not very difficult to please.)

<| Fʀᴇɴᴄʜ + Eɴɢʟɪsʜ | Dɪꜱᴄɪᴘʟᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ Gᴏʟᴅᴇɴ Eᴍᴘᴇʀᴏʀ |>
    • I like how they've stylized things, and never care too much about "low res" textures or whatever. When a game has too nice graphics it becomes hard to pump out content for it, so I think they have a nice balance of it all. The colors are all really nice, there's lots of gear and mob variety, and the world is just really well made.
    • Well, the environment is pretty good, haven't seen everything yet and it's a little laggy playing the CN version but it's not too bad. As for character models, They are ok, but feels like it's missing a little visual polish but at the same time it gives off a cartoon-like style and I'm ok with it. It will definitely be my biggest challenge to create my perfect character, but I'm up for it. I will say the characters models do kinda look like a cross-mix of BnS and Dragon Nest. If you have ever played that MMO before.
    • From what I've experienced, besides BDO, it has some of the best graphics I've seen. It's very colorful, and you can change the filters, too. The NPC's don't look that great...they definitely are low quality compared to character design, but that doesn't really matter. I would like to see maybe some textures be higher quality, but for the most part, the game is very beautiful. However, there's always room for improvement.

Some of the early level areas, taken by: @Tayori

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tayori ().

• It's stylized for sure vs going for realism.
      Personally I prefer the style, Final Fantasy is as realistic as things can go for me before they end up bland and verging uncanny, not to mention, far more laggy in an mmo setting.
      Regardless of style preference though, the world is by far the best I've seen so far, vibrant and detailed with a surprising amount of originality.
    • The game is pretty good looking for what it's going for. Some scenery looks incredible and other places look amazing depending on the lighting.

The game certainly utilizes fewer polygons and repeats more textures than other MMOs, but at the same time it has optimization on a level that I haven't seen in a long time. Even games with similar styles tend to have poor optimization to the point that you'll have poor performance issues with high-end PCs on medium settings.

The fact that I can run this game at it's highest settings and achieve 50-60 FPS (40+ in populated areas) consistently with a mid-range budget PC is astounding. And that's with having V-Sync on because my monitors can only go up to 60 FPS anyway.
    • I haven't played the game, so I'm speaking purely from screenshots and game play footage. They game looks like it could use some more high res textures; not just in the open world but also on character models. In comparison to BnS, RO is definitely behind in the graphics department. RO seems to exhibit a much more, vibrant yet pastel-y art style, if that at all make sense?

I don't wish for RO to look anything like BnS though, each game should have their own unique style. I'm jus sayin', they could go a little harder with the res textures C:
    • Sadiii wrote:

I haven't played the game, so I'm speaking purely from screenshots and game play footage. They game looks like it could use some more high res textures; not just in the open world but also on character models. In comparison to BnS, RO is definitely behind in the graphics department. RO seems to exhibit a much more, vibrant yet pastel-y art style, if that at all make sense?

I don't wish for RO to look anything like BnS though, each game should have their own unique style. I'm jus sayin', they could go a little harder with the res textures C:
      In terms of graphics Blade & Soul's are WAY worse, when it comes to textures. RO is a lot newer, plus there's hardly any low res spots in the game. Especially when it comes to optimization, Revelation is on a whole other level. This is the only comparison that I have that shows the differences...but yeah, no. Blade & Soul's graphics are terrible compared to Revelation.

Revelation:

Blade & Soul:

Blade & Soul's graphics are a lot more chunky and sharp/unrealistic, while Revelation's are smoothed out and a lot more appealing to the eye.
      Revelation: Smooth, higher quality textures
      Blade & Soul: Chunky, majorly outdated textures

We have to remember though, Blade & Soul was in progress in 2005, while Revelation started in around 2009. However, I would consider Revelation's graphics up to date still, but not on the level of Black Desert by any means. They are two different genre's, either way..so comparing BDO and RO wouldn't make sense.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tayori ().