f
s

[RO-Related] What are you looking for when joining a guild?

• [RO-Related] What are you looking for when joining a guild?

What is everyone looking for in a guild? Let's discuss this very important part of any mmo ^^
      Upon wings i will bring destruction to all. Let's be friends! 8o Well death is the only think that you can count on ;)
      Killer instinct

Killer instinct (42 Members)

Got that killer instinct? Come join our warm community of killers from all over the universe! Ki is an international PvX guild on the NA server. Regardless of your play style do wander into our discord and enjoy our easy going atmosphere~ <3

Discord

• Narue wrote:

drama
      i'm sure you'll find plenty of that in some guilds, but i'm hoping that not many are filled with drama :P and i've never seen a thread talking about this, we all should discuss it so we all can have a good think and evaluation of what people want and how we all can be the best guilds we can be ^^
      Upon wings i will bring destruction to all. Let's be friends! 8o Well death is the only think that you can count on ;)
      Killer instinct

Got that killer instinct? Come join our warm community of killers from all over the universe! Ki is an international PvX guild on the NA server. Regardless of your play style do wander into our discord and enjoy our easy going atmosphere~ <3

Discord

• I guess most people looking for success, an own enrichment through progressive hardcore teamplay in raids and thereby better / the best gear. For my part I am looking for a funny, familiar and casual guild. I want to know the forenames of the guild members, just hang around with my mates in the virtual world, have some fun while talking about something senseless and do some quests or dungeons together.

That's it. :thumbup:
    • Talarea wrote:

Just a guild that feels like family. That arn't a bunch of try hards and truly want to help players out. And doesn't mind rping
      i personally agree with you ^^ i'm happy i have found a place like that in the guild i'm in, and if you ever have a hard time with finding a nice place like that hit us up ^^ I think this sort of desire is common amongst people, and its common to lose hope if someone has found things that aren't this several times...i know i have been frustrated before

nananabatman wrote:

I guess most people looking for success, an own enrichment through progressive hardcore teamplay in raids and thereby better / the best gear. For my part I am looking for a funny, familiar and casual guild. I want to know the forenames of the guild members, just hang around with my mates in the virtual world, have some fun while talking about something senseless and do some quests or dungeons together.

i agree with you too ^^ really find a place that has no drama ^^ i think a common theme is that progression is good, but not to take things TOO seriously, ya know? Finding something in common with other people ^^
      Killer instinct

Discord

• Xyo wrote:

Talarea wrote:

Just a guild that feels like family. That arn't a bunch of try hards and truly want to help players out. And doesn't mind rping
      Yeah, that's exactly what I'm looking for myself!
      its hard to find isn't it? so many people get feelings hurt easy, and don't want to invest into each other XD i won't join a guild unless i feel its a comfortable place and has easy going people ^^ i am super excited because i have the opportunity to shape and lead the rp chapter of the guild i'm in ^^ which is awesome cause i DM D&D myself and this is another great way to share story with folks! :D
      Killer instinct

Discord

• For me, I just like to be in a guild of people that are fun both in and out of game if possible and aren't too cliquey. I've had some guilds in the past where we would just get drunk on cam together or watch the latest anime together, etc. all while having the usual fun in game as well. I think that's the kind of guild I'm going for again.

I would also like to get involved in some of the late game content too with a guild, but my hardcore days are mostly behind me and it is more important for me to just have decent people to chat and play with now. So this is a bit lower on the priority list for me than the first point.
    • DeathSwitch wrote:

Xyo wrote:

Talarea wrote:

its hard to find isn't it? so many people get feelings hurt easy, and don't want to invest into each other XD i won't join a guild unless i feel its a comfortable place and has easy going people ^^ i am super excited because i have the opportunity to shape and lead the rp chapter of the guild i'm in ^^ which is awesome cause i DM D&D myself and this is another great way to share story with folks! :D
      Yeah! Super hard to find, but I'm sure I'll find one~ As for your guild that's awesome! I bet you'll be an amazing leader! ^3^ I used to play some D&D myself with a group of friends. c:
    • Xyo wrote:

DeathSwitch wrote:

Xyo wrote:

Talarea wrote:

Yeah! Super hard to find, but I'm sure I'll find one~ As for your guild that's awesome! I bet you'll be an amazing leader! ^3^ I used to play some D&D myself with a group of friends. c:
      thats awesome ^^ i think the story and exploring story and characters in these games is more important to people more so then most people talk about ^^
      Killer instinct

Discord

• DeathSwitch wrote:

nananabatman wrote:

I guess most people looking for success, an own enrichment through progressive hardcore teamplay in raids and thereby better / the best gear. For my part I am looking for a funny, familiar and casual guild. I want to know the forenames of the guild members, just hang around with my mates in the virtual world, have some fun while talking about something senseless and do some quests or dungeons together.

i agree with you too ^^ really find a place that has no drama ^^ i think a common theme is that progression is good, but not to take things TOO seriously, ya know? Finding something in common with other people ^^
      .. and that guild should be german speaking. In the EU guild master thread are only 3 german guilds. But I noticed that we have many girls in this forums. So thats a compensation too few german guilds ^^
    • Neuralmancy wrote:

For me, I just like to be in a guild of people that are fun both in and out of game if possible and aren't too cliquey. I've had some guilds in the past where we would just get drunk on cam together or watch the latest anime together, etc. all while having the usual fun in game as well. I think that's the kind of guild I'm going for again.

I would also like to get involved in some of the late game content too with a guild, but my hardcore days are mostly behind me and it is more important for me to just have decent people to chat and play with now. So this is a bit lower on the priority list for me than the first point.
      yeah i'm the same way, i like to play as much as i can, but living for the game and the next piece of gear or whatever is something i can't keep up with, so the connection and the social aspect is far more important to me these days ^^
      Killer instinct

Discord

• nananabatman wrote:

DeathSwitch wrote:

nananabatman wrote:

.. and that guild should be german speaking. In the EU guild master thread are only 3 german guilds. But I noticed that we have many girls in this forums. So thats a compensation too few german guilds ^^
      having girls around is somehow very appealing to players, i think a real reason is cause girls can be very pleseant and kind, but alot of people are a little creepy about it too haha you seem nice, so i am sure your not creepy ^^ so i fell you ^^
      Killer instinct

Discord

• To me, a guild is a community of people who are aspiring for the same thing. They should be able to get on with one another and be able to share. I think if everyone helps one another be around each others level it'll feel more like a team-effort rather than a few of them powering a head.

Though, that's just me.
    • Joined Grievance earlier this year for BDO, having never really joined a guild where I wasn't just a name on a list that got the free guild stats

They are fun, Accept anyone young or old, experienced or not. they don't start drama, always fair, everyone treats each other with respect.
      They allow their members to be casual but at the same time put in the work to be hardcore for the ones who want to be. We all stick together and help each other as a guild and get to know each other.

Pretty much perfect as a guild can get if you ask me.

before I thought being in a guild was a nuisance because of all the expectations they put on you, You have to play the game their way, but with this guild, no expectations other than respect and honesty, all the fun and freedom with the benefit of a large organized community, as it should be.
    • Kitah wrote:

To me, a guild is a community of people who are aspiring for the same thing. They should be able to get on with one another and be able to share. I think if everyone helps one another be around each others level it'll feel more like a team-effort rather than a few of them powering a head.

Though, that's just me.
      i totally agree ^^ why do you think so many people have such a hard time finding this?
      Killer instinct

Discord