f
s

[Guide] Gunslinger

• [Guide] Gunslinger

This guide was written by Limourne for Codex and shared to the community so everyone can benefit from it. Thank you to Deioth and Aari for editing the guide. If you want to re-post or translate this guide, please give the credits to Codex. Please note that all of these names are unofficial and will change in NA/EU.

Introduction

Hi, I have played Revelation China more than 4 months and have experiences in both Gunslinger (Level 74) and Vanguard (Level 68). The sources comes mostly from Chinese guides and from my own experiences.

Gunslinger Class Information
      Gunslinger is a DPS-class that has high single-target damage and the longest range in the game. In sniper stance the Gunslinger’s attacks gain new perks and passively gain more physical attack but at the cost of reduced mobility.

Stats
      Your main stats are Agility, secondary Spirit, Constitution and Power/Strength. There is a rule of thumb that you have to follow while choosing your stats and that is increasing it by 10 points of increments. Each 10 points of Agility gives you 4% increased physical damage, Spirit gives 4% magic defence and constitution 4% physical defence. With Power/Strength you don’t have to worry about 10 points of increment since every point only gives 1 physical attack. When choosing stats for Gunslinger I recommend at level 59 you should have around 50-70 Spirit and constitution and rest Agility. You only choose Power/Strength when you can’t put 10 points of increment on Agility. That means you only have to worry about it at level 79 (that is if you are not going to buy a lot of restat pages). As for low level I would recommend putting quite a lot of power because your min-max physical damage is really low so you won’t really benefit a lot of % increase physical damage from agility.
      Gunslinger Level 74
      Vanguard Level 68

Codex

Codex (58 Members)

Always improving ourselves both as a guild and as individuals to stay at the top. This always leads us to dominating any content we focus on, be it GvG, PvX, PvP or PvE even though we are fewer than the competition.

• Skills

Cannon Blast is your basic attack. It has a chance to do double damage while in sniper stance and standing further than 20 meters

Piercing Shot is similar to a basic attack and you use it as a filler with Cannon Blast.

Shock Grenade is a nice CC skill but doesn’t do much damage without the talent which increases the damage by 100% (this talent removes the knockdown effect).

Desolation Shot is your main gun skill. With the increased critical chance from Sniper Stance you are almost guaranteed a critical shot which is equal to a lot of damage.

Rapid Fire is a Channeling skill that shoots 3 AoE shots over 2.5 seconds. As soon as you have fired your first shot you will gain a 20% physical attack buff for 5 seconds.

Spiral Blades pushes you back 10 meters and sends out Razor blades which stop at the first enemy hit. This skill needs to be aimed to be able to hit.

Sniper Stance increases your damage and also adds some extra properties to your skills. It also reduces your movement speed to 2 meters per second and Dodge recovery by 50%. Both of these negative effects can be removed in the talent tree.

Summons a Spider robot pet that damages the target you are attacking. It does little damage. If you have seen the damage meter in the training ground it’s pretty misleading because for some reason this skill is really strong in there.

You can press on the skill again to send the mine to the target. You can also change the properties of the mine with fire for knockdown and cold for movement speed reduction. I find this skill only usable in your rotation if you have the level 69 talent unlocked. The level 69 talent increases the damage by 100% of the level 59 “fragments” talent that deals 45% physical attack every second for 3 seconds (45% becomes 90%).

Fel Armor is your CC-break skill and can also help if you accidentally steal the aggro from the tank by reducing the threat.

Marks the target for 5 seconds and makes the target take x amount of extra damage for each hit it takes.

Power Burst is a nice buff that buffs only your group with critical chance and crit damage.
      Gunslinger Level 74
      Vanguard Level 68

Codex

Codex (58 Members)

Always improving ourselves both as a guild and as individuals to stay at the top. This always leads us to dominating any content we focus on, be it GvG, PvX, PvP or PvE even though we are fewer than the competition.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Limourne ().

• Special Skills
      Special skills are your F1-F6 skills. You can only have 3 out of 4 abilities active at the same time, for each side. Left side resource is generated through Gun/Sniper abilities and your right side resource is generated through Cannon (offhand) abilities.

This is what I have been using, and will keep using in the future. You can use the Explosive Destruction instead of Killing Storm whichever you prefer is your own choice. Steel knives can be used in PvP and replacing Razor Bot

Death Shot is a long range attack that does massive damage against your target. It deals an extra 20% damage if your target has the “Marked for Death” debuff and even more damage it is below 40% hp (with green orbs).

Killing Storm is an AoE-frontal attack which deals minimal damage every 0.5 seconds over 30 seconds. The downside is that it has a 20 meters range so it’s pretty hard to stand in a way to get the extra 10% damage on all targets hit by standing 20 meters or further away. This skill is is only recommended to use if you have at least 3 green orbs unlocked and the enemies are more spread out and are moving a lot.

Explosive Destruction shoots out 4 times in total over 5 seconds. It deals high initial damage and leaves behind a burning area that deals a smaller amount of damage every second. It also inflicts targets with a 50% movement speed debuff. This is more recommended to use if the enemies are not moving much and are packed together compared to Killing Storm.

Skyfire Deals massive damage on the target dealing high base damage + % of current health. Do note that this skill takes a while to get enough resources to be able to use it. In EU, depending on which patch we will have, the cooldown will be either 30 seconds or 300 seconds.

Steel Knives sends out a knife in a straight line in front of the player dealing damage and knocking down enemies. I think this skill is more useful in PvP than PvE because the damage isn’t really that great.

Tooth prison is a skill which some may love or may hate depending on how you use it. It can be freely aimed. In PvE all the melee may cry that you are using it as you can lock potentially lock them in and make it harder for them to dodge abilities. But in PvP you can change the tides of the battle if used correctly. You can for example delay a initiate from the enemies or lock in important targets to be able to easily kill them. However, the cage can be jumped out of, even in combat.

Razor bot Summons a melee robot for 30 seconds that attacks the target you are attacking. It really isn’t a strong skill but it’s still useful as a filler in your rotation.

Metal Gear transforms you into a robot for 30 seconds and gives you 4 new skills to use.
      1. Light gun is a frontal shot with around 70 meter range that collides with the first target hit dealing AoE damage.
      2. Fury is a short frontal cone flamethrower which is a really good AOE-skill.
      3. Lightning shoots out a chain lighting that jumps to up to 4(?) additional targets .
      4. Charge increases your movement speed by 100% and reduces damage taken by 50% for 5 seconds (the tooltip on the picture is wrong, the 50% damage reduction is only applied while the Charge buff is active.

Special Skill Tree
      Every unparalleled skill can be upgraded through 4 different orbs. Red orbs are usually for increased damage or increased duration of the skill, orange decreased resource cost, blue cool down reduction and green have a unique effect

As for what you want to use is:
      • Death Shot - 5 green orb for increased damage below 40% HP > 5 red orb.
      • Killing Storm - 5 green orb for increased damage but reduced channel time > 5 red orb.
      • Explosive Destruction - 5 orange orb > 5 red orb.
      • Skyfire - 5 red orb > 5 blue orb = 5 orange orb (depending on which patch NA/EU will have first).
      • Steel Knives - 5 red orb > 5 orange orb = 5 green orb for increased duration of the knockdown (whichever you prefer).
      • Tooth Prison - 5 red orb > 5 orange orb.
      • Razor Bot - 5 green orb for increased damage > 5 orange orb.
      • Metal Gear - 5 green orb for increased damage > 5 orange orb.
      Gunslinger Level 74
      Vanguard Level 68

Codex

Codex (58 Members)

The post was edited 2 times, last by Limourne ().

• Reserved for future updates.
      Gunslinger Level 74
      Vanguard Level 68

Codex

Codex (58 Members)

• Excellent guide sir.
      ID: Mr.Foundation
      League of Legends: MrFoundation
      Guild: I need one of those?

About me: I am the Prince of Rezalavia, Kindgom of the Exalted Sand Barons. What do I do? I usually sneak out of the kingdom from time to time to explore and seek interesting events. Is the Princess hot? Um. . .

• Thanks for this guide and the time you and your people spent working on it; at this early time, it is great to have this resource to look at when getting used to the class, especially when it is all Chinese right now.
      OTG Logistics Officer

Old Timers Guild

Old Timers Guild (44 Members)

Old Timers Guild is a PvX cross-game guild. If you're over the age of 25, looking for a No drama, fun guild. Look no further.

If you are interested in joining us, please start here: JOIN OTG!
      "Laid Back, Not Too Serious, No Drama, All About The Fun"
      ~~~~~~

• Pretty accurate guide, I read almost anything I tried and found out myself on CN Server.

Maybe some tips about Gear (Direct Crafted Gear,Guardian Sythesized Gear,Fairy Gear, exc exc...) and which stats prioritize on Jewelry/other things (Attack,Physical Damage,Ignore Physical Resistance,Crit Power exc exc) are missing.

Obviously Good Job. 8)
    • Carthh wrote:

Just out of curiosity why would you choose the green orbs for Death Shot instead of the red orbs?
      Usually the bosses in this game has an enrage or does something where you have to dps it down quickly, which means its a dps race. Its also nice to pick targets who are at low hp in PvP
      Gunslinger Level 74
      Vanguard Level 68

Codex

Codex (58 Members)

• Limourne wrote:

Carthh wrote:

Just out of curiosity why would you choose the green orbs for Death Shot instead of the red orbs?
      Usually the bosses in this game has an enrage or does something where you have to dps it down quickly, which means its a dps race. Its also nice to pick targets who are at low hp in PvP
      I suppose but you're still doing less damage and dps by choosing green, even more so if other players are choosing execute type upgrades as well. Having higher overall damage would allow you to push down all targets quickly at all times and potentially even avoid an enrage in the first place, along with the fact if there is some sort of mechanic that you need to do a set amount of damage in, it would have to occur below 40% for the bonus, aside from the fact everyone in the party would be pooling cooldowns as well, shortening the time, and the upgrades viability even more.

In PvP you also need to apply pressure at all times and not just burst when a target starts to get low. What if you don't have enough damage to get a target low enough to 40% for the bonus to kick in? You also are generally target swapping to avoid defensive cooldowns and catch players out of position or without their cc break.

Either way it's all just a matter of opinion and I was just curious and everyone can choose any path they want.