f
s

Pinned Revelation Installation Troubleshot

• Revelation Installation Troubleshot

Hello,
      You might encounter two issues when it comes down to downloading and installing Revelation online.
      1. False positive in some antivirus. In such case you first need to unblock the program by adding it to the list of authorized programs in your antivirus software. Please check this topic for more details.
      2. "Download instantly freeze", "Game center crashes when you press download", "Download stop after a few moment and never resume". In such case, you should head to the game center settings and tweak it a bit. More details below:
      The Game center use peer technology to speed up your downloading. Whenever someone download the game it becomes temporally part of the peer nest. Meaning you're both sending and receiving fragment of the client based on peer to peer distribution principle which greatly speed up download time.

However peer to peer can use a significant share of CPU cycle and put strain of your local network devices (wi-fi, ethernet, modem). Low bandwidth due to the technical limitations of your ISP could also affect the stability overall, including the overall usage of the home network ( TV and phone relying on internet connection, etc. )

This is mostly caused by the amount of simultaneous connections you allow to be made while downloading. If you experience any of the above download issue please do the following:
      • Go to My.com Menu"Settings"
      • Go to the"General" tab
      • Tick the box"Limit maximum number of connections and select a value of "50"instead of "200"
      • Close program(including in background task, bottom right corner of your task bar)
      • Restart the Game center and resume downloading
      That should resolve issue for most people. If problem persist, please also do that:
      • Go to My.com Menu"Settings"
      • Go to the"General" tab
      • Untick the box"Continue distributing when download has ended"
      • Tick the box"Limit maximum number of connections and select a value of "20"instead of "200"
      • Close program(including in background task, bottom right corner of your task bar)
      • Restart the Game center and resume downloading
      Ultimately the goal here is to limit as much as possible the efforts demanded on your machine to both hash and distribute packets of data. While in the principle this should lower your download speed, it may in fact optimize your download and prevent the system from hanging.

As a matter of fact,excessively demanding connections requests could overload some people's hardware and thus bring the opposite results when it comes to peer to peer method. One might find the most adapted maximum connections amount depending on his/her own specs and obtain much greater result than leaving this setting to default.

Regards,
    • Hi guys! I need your help ;__;
      It is my first time downloading a My Com game and when I started downloading the game, the default folder location was "D:\MyGames\"

Is it good?
      Or "C:\Program Files (x86)" is better?

I don't know the difference of "C:" or "D:"

Help ;__;
    • Ivan wrote:

Hi guys! I need your help ;__;
      It is my first time downloading a My Com game and when I started downloading the game, the default folder location was "D:\MyGames\"

Is it good?
      Or "C:\Program Files (x86)" is better?

I don't know the difference of "C:" or "D:"

Help ;__;
      It looks like you have two HDs on your computer.
      Windows (C) and a second internal/external one (D)
      if your windows have a very small space usage like how mine does on the left
      i recommend saving it in the D drive.

• Maeron wrote:

Any location is good so long as you have the necessary space on the "partition" or "disk" if you prefer.C or D are only letter attributed to storage volume to help you better identify them.

PrincessPistachio wrote:

It looks like you have two HDs on your computer.Windows (C) and a second internal/external one (D)
      if your windows have a very small space usage like how mine does on the left
      i recommend saving it in the D drive.

Thank you guys! I have only 19GB left in Windows (C). My second internal one (D) is totally free for Revelation Online!
      Thank you guys again ^^
    • I am trying to install the client on a Windows 7 machine and it is not letting me. I have disabled my antivirus and ran the installer as an administrator and am still getting this error. Any ideas? (I would have posted this as a new topic, but cannot post a new topic in this section for some reason!)

Has anyone else run into this?

I have installed on a Windows 8.1 machine with no issue.

• Harleykinz wrote:

I am trying to install the client on a Windows 7 machine and it is not letting me. I have disabled my antivirus and ran the installer as an administrator and am still getting this error. Any ideas? (I would have posted this as a new topic, but cannot post a new topic in this section for some reason!)

Hi!
      I don't know if this will help you, but, for me, I could not even open the launcher, so I had to desactivate my firewall too. Have you tried to desactivate it as well? And do you have space left on Windows (C) ?
    • Hey Harley,

It sounds like your Program Files folder is either Read-Only or you don't have Administrative Privileges to install to the directory.

Try and select a different folder, and see if you can install there. Maybe just 'C:\'. Also double check your Program Files folder isn't read only, do this by right clicking the folder, select 'Properties' and untick 'Read-Only'.

It does sound like an issue with your user not having administrative privileges though.
    • Ivan wrote:

Harleykinz wrote:

I am trying to install the client on a Windows 7 machine and it is not letting me. I have disabled my antivirus and ran the installer as an administrator and am still getting this error. Any ideas? (I would have posted this as a new topic, but cannot post a new topic in this section for some reason!)

Hi!I don't know if this will help you, but, for me, I could not even open the launcher, so I had to desactivate my firewall too. Have you tried to desactivate it as well? And do you have space left on Windows (C) ?

The firewall is completely disabled, and I checked, I have plenty of space on my C drive.

Kaelang wrote:

Hey Harley,

It sounds like your Program Files folder is either Read-Only or you don't have Administrative Privileges to install to the directory.

Try and select a different folder, and see if you can install there. Maybe just 'C:\'. Also double check your Program Files folder isn't read only, do this by right clicking the folder, select 'Properties' and untick 'Read-Only'.

It does sound like an issue with your user not having administrative privileges though.

Thanks, but I have admin rights. I'm the systems administrator here, and so have admin rights to every machine in addition to my own. hehe :)

I ended up pointing the installer to the root of my C: drive. It's not downloading anything, but it's possible that we're having internet issues because I have users telling me they can't reach various websites at this moment. (par for the course on a Monday! wheeee!)

Thanks for y'all's help! :love:
    • Do I not have access to the beta if it says I still need to sign up for the beta?
      I've downloaded the my.com Game center. Does that mean I have access or do I not have it yet? Cause I still haven't gotten an email
      to whether or not I was chosen for the beta? I'm very confused.

• May want to tell people if they receive a code for Revelation Online, that they won't be able to click on "My Account" on the website, nor will they be able to use the My.com Game client, to add in that code to their account.

However, here is how they can actually do it:

They will need to login to the website
      Click on "Profile" all the way to the top right of the banner.

Then they can add in their code where it says "Redeem a Promo Code"

Enter code and click Submit.

If they are already logged into the My.com Game Client, they will need to logout, and then log back in for it take effect, and for the code to be associated with their account in the client.

Then the ability to download the client and do the pre-download will actually work.

-don
    • Nvus wrote:

Do I not have access to the beta if it says I still need to sign up for the beta?
      I've downloaded the my.com Game center. Does that mean I have access or do I not have it yet? Cause I still haven't gotten an email
      to whether or not I was chosen for the beta? I'm very confused.
      If you haven't receive a mail by now, you don't have access to the CBT1. Only option is to buy a founder pack or wait for the next CBT and see if you get lucky for that one.
      Silent Eclipse

Silent Eclipse (107 Members)

Silent Eclipse is an English speaking social, semi-hardcore guild with casual mindset, each person is a name here and not a number. We encourage people to get to know each other and develop friendships in the guild.

With age comes wisdom... I am still waiting
    • u_9877630 wrote:

i have buyed a founders pack but when i try to download the game (pre-download) it says me that not available for me (in client Windows), how can i do?

thx

Hi there.

Log in using your credentials to the website and check this page. If you see an achievement unlocked stating you have CBT access you should be eligible to download the game.

If you see the achievement however are unable to download the game, it sounds like a permission error on your account, something only support will be able to help with.

If you don't see the achievement, the founders pack wasn't activated on your account, which could relate to a potential billing issue, again, something only support will be able to help you with.

Therefore, my suggestion is to contact support and see what they say. Unfortunately the forums can't help with account related problems.