f
s

Corenflake's Occultist videos

• Corenflake's Occultist videos

Hello all

For my love of occultist and making videos, I will be working on some video's now and then about exploring occultist in Revelation Online.

In my video's I will show my way of playing occultist, dungeon progressing, sharing tips and exploring the game in general.
      I create the video's mainly for myself, as to look back on later and see my change in gameplay - but share them for anyone interested, may they help out in any way possible~

This thread I will update a summary about them and keep it as clean and recent as possible, to share it with the community~

Dungeon runs

[March] Eternal Chasm 59 guide with hidden portal, Occultist POV - 5 minutes
      A guide with general mechanics and the way to find the hidden portal for the bonus objective.

[CBT3] Grand bulwark godmode 3 star, Occultist guide - 10 minutes
      A quickguide sharing some of my tips and experience for going Grand bulwark godmode as occultist. It's not an in-dept guide, but purely for quickstarting, going and showing the bosses mechanics.

[CBT3] Trial of the four kings floors with bonusses guide, Occultist POV - 6 minutes
      Edited two of my runs in CBT3 to capture progress and showing occultist pov as well as how to get bonusses on some of the floors

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First times playing

Old~ CBT
      Display Spoiler

Day 1. Exploring Revelation for the first time - 19 min (very noob and hyped commentary)
      It shows
      • Seeing how the city is like with other people
      • Little parts of questing
      • A small peek in fashion fitting room
      • Some looks around places
      • Inside of the first dungeon in carry mode aduo and solo combat as spiritshaper

Day 2. Exploring Revelation and gameplay as spiritshaper in a team - 14 min (Noob and with a lot of commentary)
      It shows
      • Flying
      • A new dungeon
      • Me learning how spiritshaper works and my opinion about it.
      My verdict - The spiritshaper gameplay is not my preffered gameplay because I'm too used to the action combat gamestyle like BDO and TERA. I see now why people preffer using the tab targeting on Spiritshaper.

Day 3. Exploring gameplay as occultist in a team - 16 min (Noob and with commentary)
      It shows
      • Ghibli things D:
      • Me learning how occultist works
      • Weird places and a new dungeon.
      My verdict - I'm in love with the occultist gameplay, it's active and adaptable, you're playing a lot with the environment, your team and swap to what's needed in the battle.

[CBT1] Deserted shrine godmode 3 star, Occultist leaderboard run - 12 min
      Complete run with my occultist in EU CBT 14/11.

[CBT1] Deserted shrine godmode 2 star, 3 man run - 12 min
      Clean full three man run with @Acchan and @Riepah in EU CBT 15/11,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know these video's are from a very noob point of view but I felt to really share the true ' first impressions'. I hope the video's might be any useful to anyone curious

I'm planning to make more video's in the future where I will know more about the game. So I'll update this post when more video's follow.
      If anyone likes the videos - let me know by a like / comment or subscribe on youtube

See you around <3
      Occultist gameplay videos!

CN server: Novah - lv. 69 Occultist

The post was edited 13 times, last by Corenflakes ().

• that's awesome ! definitely subscribing to your channel

I like that you have confidence in your healing skills without using the special skill that aoe heals
      I'd freak out a bit and use it , but ur method is nice to save it summon the angel form.

but my question is do you use full Dexterity or mix between it and spirit ?
      EU - Occultist - IGN: Ali

• Ali wrote:

that's awesome ! definitely subscribing to your channel

I like that you have confidence in your healing skills without using the special skill that aoe heals
      I'd freak out a bit and use it , but ur method is nice to save it summon the angel form.

but my question is do you use full Dexterity or mix between it and spirit ?
      Hii Ali,

Thanks for your comment ! To be honest, in my experience I find the aoe heal skill a bit too weak for pve it's more of an sustainable heal since it reduces damage while healing up hp/mp and found out this is very strong in PVP rather than in PVE~
      The other two I love to use in pve anytime, because the buff increases dps by a lot and nirvana is a lifesavior sometimes (when aggro switches makes a mess in the party) But yea - as soon as you got your angel, that's basicly all the heal you need.

My build atm is 40 spirit, 70 phys and 160+ agi. So not spirit at all. I do this, because I noticed in battle phys helps me more than spirit somehow in survivability
      I tried 70/70 spi phys and Spi balanced with agi before, but noticed spi doesnt affect my healing, or defense that much, because the angel is just that strong and I am not building to be a dedicated healer. I recommend to play with the stats to suit your playstyle though. I like to endure a hit or 2 - hence why I always build my characters a little tankier than usual.

• Corenflakes wrote:

Hii Ali,

Thanks for your comment ! To be honest, in my experience I find the aoe heal skill a bit too weak for pve it's more of an sustainable heal since it reduces damage while healing up hp/mp and found out this is very strong in PVP rather than in PVE~
      The other two I love to use in pve anytime, because the buff increases dps by a lot and nirvana is a lifesavior sometimes (when aggro switches makes a mess in the party) But yea - as soon as you got your angel, that's basicly all the heal you need.

My build atm is 40 spirit, 70 phys and 160+ agi. So not spirit at all. I do this, because I noticed in battle phys helps me more than spirit somehow in survivability
      I tried 70/70 spi phys and Spi balanced with agi before, but noticed spi doesnt affect my healing, or defense that much, because the angel is just that strong and I am not building to be a dedicated healer. I recommend to play with the stats to suit your playstyle though. I like to endure a hit or 2 - hence why I always build my characters a little tankier than usual.

Hii and thanks for replying :3 !

I get what you're saying pve wise it's more beneficial to invest on the other specials skills as I mainly focused on damage with full agi build as well

But I'm always joining random people because I don't know people yet, so sometimes I end up healing or get a slacking spiritshaper , I need to practice healing without that aoe xD

Pvp wise I use it a lot already because it reaches the other groups as well

I'll test with builds since my guess I'll need to lean toward survivability in somecases and keep switching depending on what content I'm running , but I put gear in consideration as well since a good reifned gear should offer survivability as well.

Good advice though can't wait for cbt2 to start testing more :D
      And maybe I'll reach your skills Watch Out :thumbsup:

Cheers ^^
      EU - Occultist - IGN: Ali

• Eyyyy, I subscribed, do I get free occultist lessons now? ;(

I started the first half of the CBT as a main Spiritshaper, but decided to switch to occultist <3

Only managed to get to lvl 48 though, so idk what's the angel form thingyyyy, How much would that increase my dps/heals? c:

I could personally describe my playstyle as a Support DPS, i switch to heal mode a LOT to keep the dmg boost up, or to help sustain heals once i see the spiritshaper is having troubles and all that, but i'm also a bit competitive on dps that i don't want to be at the bottom (not counting the tank) :c

I was doing quite well while leveling, outdps'ing most ppl and all that, but when i tried to do Shrine 2* while being level 45, i noticed my dps was WAY LOWER, like i was doing like 1/3 of my usual dps so i wonder if dps in dungeons is affected by level as well? ?(

Was thinking I just sucked on the dungeon, i died a few times cause of that demon's rancor skill (i can sneak 1 more ball before dodging kind of thing) :))
      But then I did four kings and i actually managed to rank mid 20s while being level 45 :o
      So I thought my dps isn't THAT bad as what i did on the four kings X.X

tl;dr:
      How much does Angel thingy affect my heals/dps? :o
      Does level affect dps'ing on dungeons (specifically shrine), or did I do something wrong :o

Can you be my Occultist-Senpai? <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
    • Ali wrote:

I'll test with builds since my guess I'll need to lean toward survivability in somecases and keep switching depending on what content I'm running , but I put gear in consideration as well since a good reifned gear should offer survivability as well.

Good advice though can't wait for cbt2 to start testing more :D
      And maybe I'll reach your skills Watch Out :thumbsup:

Cheers ^^

Aaye - this game is very geardependent, unfortunately in CBT you cannot reset your statbuild after 49, unless with some expensive item :c, so consider well with CBT2 !
      Also, I don't know if my current build will suit me beyond lv 59 content as I never reached there yet before, but can only see by then

Meet you in CBT2, hope it will come soon

Add me anytime <3

Reina wrote:

Eyyyy, I subscribed, do I get free occultist lessons now? ;(

I started the first half of the CBT as a main Spiritshaper, but decided to switch to occultist <3

Only managed to get to lvl 48 though, so idk what's the angel form thingyyyy, How much would that increase my dps/heals? c:

I could personally describe my playstyle as a Support DPS, i switch to heal mode a LOT to keep the dmg boost up, or to help sustain heals once i see the spiritshaper is having troubles and all that, but i'm also a bit competitive on dps that i don't want to be at the bottom (not counting the tank) :c

I was doing quite well while leveling, outdps'ing most ppl and all that, but when i tried to do Shrine 2* while being level 45, i noticed my dps was WAY LOWER, like i was doing like 1/3 of my usual dps so i wonder if dps in dungeons is affected by level as well? ?(

Was thinking I just sucked on the dungeon, i died a few times cause of that demon's rancor skill (i can sneak 1 more ball before dodging kind of thing) :))
      But then I did four kings and i actually managed to rank mid 20s while being level 45 :o
      So I thought my dps isn't THAT bad as what i did on the four kings X.X

tl;dr:
      How much does Angel thingy affect my heals/dps? :o
      Does level affect dps'ing on dungeons (specifically shrine), or did I do something wrong :o

Can you be my Occultist-Senpai? <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

The angels will CARRY YOU - like angels do The black one has strong dps and it will fight on itself for a period of time and so does the white angel with healing, I don't have numbers, but it's a lot. You can imagine putting them in place and still be able to fight yourself will the most you can get out of occultist. I hear this boost is very strong for occu's until beyond lv 59. Then their dps / heal will become avarage or worse compared to other classes. But I haven't been there myself yet as I played till early 59.

I'd like to describe myself the same as you do, support dps :D - high five ! But think that's the real power of Occultist. To be able to litterally support your team and don't slack on DPS.

Lastly, I heard the dungeons scale along with your avarage level in the party beyond level 49, so not dungeons like Darkfall, I guess. So after that DPS will scale with as well. It would make sense though that mobs in Shrine up to godmode3* will have different defenses and maybe your dps seemed different for that reason??
      I haven't been paying much attention on dps this CBT because the numbers in dps meter seemed so confusing. Hope they'll fix that in CBT2

I'd love to stay in touch with you both in CBT2 - just cause.. Occultist master class

Thanks for subscribe, hope the vids may be of any use for you <3

• Corenflakes wrote:

The angels will CARRY YOU - like angels do The black one has strong dps and it will fight on itself for a period of time and so does the white angel with healing, I don't have numbers, but it's a lot. You can imagine putting them in place and still be able to fight yourself will the most you can get out of occultist. I hear this boost is very strong for occu's until beyond lv 59. Then their dps / heal will become avarage or worse compared to other classes. But I haven't been there myself yet as I played till early 59.
      I'd like to describe myself the same as you do, support dps :D - high five ! But think that's the real power of Occultist. To be able to litterally support your team and don't slack on DPS.

Lastly, I heard the dungeons scale along with your avarage level in the party beyond level 49, so not dungeons like Darkfall, I guess. So after that DPS will scale with as well. It would make sense though that mobs in Shrine up to godmode3* will have different defenses and maybe your dps seemed different for that reason??
      I haven't been paying much attention on dps this CBT because the numbers in dps meter seemed so confusing. Hope they'll fix that in CBT2

I'd love to stay in touch with you both in CBT2 - just cause.. Occultist master class

Thanks for subscribe, hope the vids may be of any use for you <3
      Hoho, now i want to get that Demon/Angel x.x

That would make sense if the dungeon scaled along with average level in the party as i was with four level 49 when i did it rofl :))

Oh I will keep visiting this thread or messaging you if I have moar questions for sure <3

Also, I'm downloading RO CN right now so i can play and learn occultist more :love: